Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question (/Thread-Transgender-Bathroom-Locker-Room-Question)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 12:24 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Yes.  2 letters.   Mellow

No.

1 letter.

Mellow

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - SteelCitySouth - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: No.

1 letter.

Mellow

SoUth
NoRth

2   Mellow

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 02:08 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Relax francis .... we don't all subscribe to the transadvocate.    Is the swimsuit issue the favorite one for the year?    Ninja

I don't know if anyone else caught this, but I love that movie (Stripes).  I don't think you understand how Ironic you're being though.

Relax Francis...nobody's trying to make you gay Wink

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 12:31 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: SoUth
NoRth

2   Mellow

Sc
Nc

Mellow

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - StLucieBengal - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 11:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: Meanwhile in South Carolina....

[Image: CiLTwPrUoAQlKXz.jpg:large]

https://t.co/DxWAXYQe1m

Well this is funny, but I don't like the idea of having a weapon In school.   Use your fists.   

(05-11-2016, 12:45 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I don't know if anyone else caught this, but I love that movie (Stripes).  I don't think you understand how Ironic you're being though.

Relax Francis...nobody's trying to make you gay Wink

I love that movie.   It's fitting here for those who just get so over the top on nonsense.   There are some legitimate issues then there are some that are manufactured.   Like this whole ______ bathroom  situation.... Or gay wedding cake .... Or gay wedding pizza

(05-11-2016, 07:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'll just assume he's posting more nonsense since there's no basis to his irrational hatred of people who are different than him.

I wonder sometimes in school if you weren't on the daily wedgey plan.   There absolutely no reason to be this sensitive.   I feel bad you have to go through life that way.   I wil pray for you 

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - SteelCitySouth - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 12:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sc
Nc

Mellow

Cute....I guess you have a hard time reading... Tongue

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Vas Deferens - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 01:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wonder sometimes in school if you weren't on the daily wedgey plan.   There absolutely no reason to be this sensitive.   I feel bad you have to go through life that way.   I wil pray for you 

Says the person who thinks everyone is out to get him.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Griever - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 01:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wonder sometimes in school if you weren't on the daily wedgey plan.   There absolutely no reason to be this sensitive.   I feel bad you have to go through life that way.   I wil pray for you 

Mellow

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - BmorePat87 - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 01:46 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Says the person who thinks everyone is out to get him.

Yea, I guess he's one of those insecure people who has to project his experiences onto others. It's funny because all I did was tell him that he was misreading posts. Pretty defensive...

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Au165 - 05-11-2016

26 pages......wow

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 01:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dear lord ....  Bfine found an expert with impressive credentials.    Certainly worthy enough to consider that source an expert.    

It's really quite ironic and most likely a back and forth I will share. Dr McHugh has been studying Transgenders for over 40 years and in his expert opinion the answer is to change the mind, not the more convenient and instantly gratifying choice of changing the body. 

He ignores science by pointing the most comprehensive study on transgenders and reassignment surgery and shows that those that have the surgery are more for more likely to take their lives than their peers who do not. 

So Dr McHughs conclusion is GID is something that occurs in the mind and his answer is to look for treatment. The best retort Transadvocate could come up with is: Look at this study that shows the gray matter in the brain may be different in Trans that in normal folk. Do they realize they are agreeing with him. If only folks would learn how to read.

But as he said:

"The larger issue is the meme itself. The idea that one’s sex is fluid and a matter open to choice runs unquestioned through our culture and is reflected everywhere in the media, the theater, the classroom, and in many medical clinics. It has taken on cult-like features: its own special lingo, internet chat rooms providing slick answers to new recruits, and clubs for easy access to dresses and styles supporting the sex change. It is doing much damage to families, adolescents, and children and should be confronted as an opinion without biological foundation wherever it emerges.

But gird your loins if you would confront this matter. Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle."

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Vlad - 05-12-2016

What is the liberal thought on this?

[Image: eLlZ91x.jpg]

Because you're so open minded and empathetic towards the feelings of the transgendered would you offer your seat on a crowded train to a trans?

If a trans hit you, would you resist punching him in the face because you think its not right to hit a woman?

How about the meme above?

Why not?...if you think he should be entitled to poop in the ladies room?

I find amusing your patronizing by calling Bruce "Caitlyn".  I've always said that libs live in a world of make believe.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Vas Deferens - 05-12-2016

(05-12-2016, 02:04 AM)Vlad Wrote: What is the liberal thought on this?

Because you're so open minded and empathetic towards the feelings of the transgendered would you offer your seat on a crowded train to a trans?

If a trans hit you, would you resist punching him in the face because you think its not right to hit a woman?

I find amusing your patronizing by calling Bruce "Caitlyn".  I've always said that libs live in a world of make believe.

Given my circumstances, I will always help others first, regardless of their gender.  

I know you joined late, but what is your stance on the pepper spray topic above?

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 05-12-2016

(05-12-2016, 02:04 AM)Vlad Wrote: What is the liberal thought on this?

As opposed to the men who never claimed to be women who actually did take spaces on the lifeboats?

I think if you aren't helping others (if you can) before you help yourself you are a bit of douche.

Full disclosure:  I can't swim, have no desire to be on a cruise and would be begging to get on a lifeboat myself after I was sure my family was safe.  But I'd still be trying to help while trying to save myself.

Several ACTUAL men did not do that on the Titanic.

Also, even though I hated the show, it reminded me of this...

[Image: george-and-the-fire-o.gif]

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - fredtoast - 05-12-2016

(05-11-2016, 11:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He ignores science by pointing the most comprehensive study on transgenders and reassignment surgery and shows that those that have the surgery are more for more likely to take their lives than their peers who do not. 

And that is why I posted this information on how McHugh is twisting the facts.  Even you fell fore his misrepresentation. 

It is first important to note that Dr McHugh is grossly misconstruing the findings of the Karolinka study. The study compared the mental health of post-surgical trans people with age-matched cisgender controls. The study itself posits absolutely zero link between gender confirming surgery itself and the mental health of these people, and the authors themselves caution against interpreting the data in such a way:

Quote:“It is therefore important to note that the current study is only informative with respect to transsexuals persons health after sex reassignment; no inferences can be drawn as to the effectiveness of sex reassignment as a treatment for transsexualism. In other words, the results should not be interpreted such as sex reassignment per se increases morbidity and mortality. Things might have been even worse without sex reassignment. As an analogy, similar studies have found increased somatic morbidity, suicide rate, and overall mortality for patients treated for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. This is important information, but it does not follow that mood stabilizing treatment or antipsychotic treatment is the culprit.”

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 05-12-2016

(05-12-2016, 09:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And that is why I posted this information on how McHugh is twisting the facts.  Even you fell fore his misrepresentation. 

It is first important to note that Dr McHugh is grossly misconstruing the findings of the Karolinka study. The study compared the mental health of post-surgical trans people with age-matched cisgender controls. The study itself posits absolutely zero link between gender confirming surgery itself and the mental health of these people, and the authors themselves caution against interpreting the data in such a way:

I see that guy is agreeing with McHugh that Tansgender could be an issue with the brain and and giving his opinion on the study that we have no way of knowing if they would have killed themselves whether they had surgery or not. He is not saying anyone is wrong; He is just giving his expert opinion that another expert opinion needs more data. So this is more of we dismiss that it is a problem in the surgery; it could just be a problem with the brain of the Trans in general. Thanks for pointing out the same thing I did in the parts of my post you chose not to quote.

I have decided to get no deeper in the weeds with anyone on this forum on the matter. If you don't know by know that scientist often dispute each other, especially when it comes to the functions of the brian, that is your choice. It is noted that you and other think McHugh doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to the issue of Gender identification. You guys are entitled to your opnions. You guys are free to roll with the "expert" that writes for transadvocate and the couple studies she cited.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - BmorePat87 - 05-12-2016

People often seem confused when anyone is discussing these issues and saying "it is in the brain". Obviously everything that defines how we act or perceive the world involves the brain. I think we start having a disconnect when someone reads "in the brain" as completely non physical, or mental, and someone else reads it as physical and mental.

Obviously being trans has something to do with your brain, just as being left handed does. I think most who reject the argument that it's a choice or an illness are only contending that it is not purely mental, there's a physical component behind it too that is inherent in people.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 05-12-2016

(05-12-2016, 03:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see that guy is agreeing with McHugh that Tansgender could be an issue with the brain and and giving his opinion on the study that we have no way of knowing if they would have killed themselves whether they had surgery or not. He is not saying anyone is wrong; He is just giving his expert opinion that another expert opinion needs more data. So this is more of we dismiss that it is a problem in the surgery; it could just be a problem with the brain of the Trans in general. Thanks for pointing out the same thing I did in the parts of my post you chose not to quote.

I have decided to get no deeper in the weeds with anyone on this forum on the matter. If you don't know by know that scientist often dispute each other, especially when it comes to the functions of the brian, that is your choice. It is noted that you and other think McHugh doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to the issue of Gender identification. You guys are entitled to your opnions. You guys are free to roll with the "expert" that writes for transadvocate and the couple studies she cited.

No one has disputed that at all.

However one guy keep ignoring that one scientist is using something other than science to reach his scientific conclusions which is why that scientist is considered biased and so they are playing the "I'm smarter than you and you are martyring me" card.