Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (/Thread-Report-Burrow-pushing-for-Bengals-to-draft-Chase)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - jason - 04-05-2021

(04-04-2021, 10:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We have two stud WRs. Is there some kind of rule prohibiting us from using a committee for our 3rd WR?

I’m trying to remember all the times a team used a top 10 pick on a #3 WR and it worked out perfectly. John Ross comes to mind. I don’t have time to dig for other examples right now.

Shouldn't you take the glass half full view? When you draft a guy that's better than what you have, he isn't the number 3 just cause he's the newest addition. Higgins and Chase become 1 and 1a, and Boyd gets in where he fits it. John Ross was a scrub, and a horrible pick. He has nothing to do with what's in front of us... Also at the time he was drafted our number 2 was Brandon LaFell. Ross wasn't drafted to be a number 3 receiver. Chase won't be either... I'm also willing to bet the farm he ends this upcoming season with > 0 catches, 0 yards, and a fumble wherever he's drafted.

I'll take Sewell in a heartbeat though... No skin off my back either way.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Big Boss - 04-05-2021

It seems to me that most Team Chase peeps would be just as happy with Sewell. It's Team Sewell that's on suicide watch if we don't draft him.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 02:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It seems to me that most Team Chase peeps would be just as happy with Sewell. It's Team Sewell that's on suicide watch if we don't draft him.

Accurate.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Rubekahn29 - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 02:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It seems to me that most Team Chase peeps would be just as happy with Sewell. It's Team Sewell that's on suicide watch if we don't draft him.

It’s because team Sewell has it in their head that if, God forbid, we didn’t draft a guy 75% of them didn’t even know about until this year, it means a death sentence for Burrow. Team Chase see the increased value he and a solid 2nd round Olinemen bring. However, most of team chase totally understands if they go after a top 3 Olinemen in this draft.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BayTiger - 04-05-2021

The most important position groups are OL, DL, and QB. This is the first Super Bowl Tom Brady won without a bunch of no name receivers. His team won by dominating in the trenches, not by dominating receiver performances. We don't need another AJ Green to win. We need linemen who can keep His Burrow upright. Penei is a slam dunk first round pick.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Frank Booth - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 02:59 PM)BayTiger Wrote: The most important position groups are OL, DL, and QB. This is the first Super Bowl Tom Brady won without a bunch of no name receivers. His team won by dominating in the trenches, not by dominating receiver performances. We don't need another AJ Green to win. We need linemen who can keep His Burrow upright. Penei is a slam dunk first round pick.

yep

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 02:59 PM)BayTiger Wrote: The most important position groups are OL, DL, and QB. This is the first Super Bowl Tom Brady won without a bunch of no name receivers. His team won by dominating in the trenches, not by dominating receiver performances. We don't need another AJ Green to win. We need linemen who can keep His Burrow upright. Penei is a slam dunk first round pick.

Not true. Deion Branch was Super Bowl MVP of one of them, and Julian Edelman for another. He also had Gronk and Welker all those years. Anyway, expecting other QB’s to do what the GOAT has done is some pretty lofty expectations to say the least.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BacknDaDey - 04-05-2021

I don't know, but it seems to me he had pretty good receivers for this last Super Bowl.  Gronkowski, Brate, Evans, Goodwin, Antonio Brown and Fournette out of the backfield catching passes.

(04-05-2021, 03:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not true. Deion Branch was Super Bowl MVP of one of them, and Julian Edelman for another. He also had Gronk and Welker all those years. Anyway, expecting other QB’s to do what the GOAT has done is some pretty lofty expectations to say the least.

None of those players are first rounders. Many of the past Super Bowl winners have no big name first round receivers. Even the Chiefs moved on from their only first round receiver, Sammy Watkins.

We've drafted in the top ten time and time again due to poor offensive line play, poor defense, and poor QB play. I've never seen us draft top ten over a poor receiving corps.

(04-05-2021, 03:26 PM)BayTiger Wrote: None of those players are first rounders. Many of the past Super Bowl winners have no big name first round receivers. Even the Chiefs moved on from their only first round receiver, Sammy Watkins.

We've drafted in the top ten time and time again due to poor offensive line play, poor defense, and poor QB play. I've never seen us draft top ten over a poor receiving corps.

Well, now you’re moving the goal post from “no name receivers” to 1st round receivers. Point is he had good playmakers for a lot of those Super Bowls.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Frank Booth - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 03:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not true. Deion Branch was Super Bowl MVP of one of them, and Julian Edelman for another. He also had Gronk and Welker all those years. Anyway, expecting other QB’s to do what the GOAT has done is some pretty lofty expectations to say the least.

Deion Branch was never an elite receiver. He may only have 1 year over 1000 yards receiving. Winning a super bowl mvp doesnt correlate to eliteness.

Julian Edleman was good. That's prob the best receiver Brady had during his super bowl winning seasons

Gronk is a tight end.

Welker never won a super bowl.

That other guy's post still stands correct.

Brady's Pats teams won by having great trenches. Especially the o-lines

(04-05-2021, 03:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Deion Branch was never an elite receiver. He may only have 1 year over 1000 yards receiving. Winning a super bowl mvp doesnt correlate to eliteness.

Julian Edleman was good. That's prob the best receiver Brady had during his super bowl winning seasons

Gronk is a tight end.

Welker never won a super bowl.

That other guy's post still stands correct.

Brady's Pats teams won by having great trenches. Especially the o-lines

Didn’t argue he was “elite” I’m disproving the claim that those NE Super Bowl teams were full of a bunch of “no name receivers.”

(04-05-2021, 03:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t argue he was “elite” I’m disproving the claim that those NE Super Bowl teams were full of a bunch of “no name receivers.”

well Deion Branch certainly wasnt a big name receiver. 

Julian Edleman was big name.

To the OL in the 1st round or bust crowd, did Tampa even have a single other 1st rounder on their OL besides Wirfs?

Here’s what we currently have on ours...

(04-05-2021, 03:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t argue he was “elite” I’m disproving the claim that those NE Super Bowl teams were full of a bunch of “no name receivers.”

Let's be honest, no one really remembers Deion Branch.

(04-05-2021, 03:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: well Deion Branch certainly wasnt a big name receiver. 

Julian Edleman was big name.

It’s also easy to say Gronk doesn’t count because he’s a TE, but the fact is he’s one of the best weapons the game has eve seen.

I’m more than fine with Pitts over Chase for that exact reason.

(04-05-2021, 04:02 PM)BayTiger Wrote: Let's be honest, no one really remembers Deion Branch.

lmao exactly.

Can anyone here name ther number 1 receiver for the 2004 Patriots?

It was David Givens. Led the team with 874 yards

Who?

Exactly.

(04-05-2021, 04:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s also easy to say Gronk doesn’t count because he’s a TE, but the fact is he’s one of the best weapons the game has eve seen.

I’m more than fine with Pitts over Chase for that exact reason.

you asked for big name pats receivers who won the super bowl, not tight ends. 

Julian Edleman is the only one

(04-05-2021, 04:02 PM)BayTiger Wrote: Let's be honest, no one really remembers Deion Branch.

Just saying, he won a SB MVP. That’s hard to do for any non-QB.

(04-05-2021, 04:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just saying, he won a SB MVP. That’s hard to do for any non-QB.

Woah

what a big name receiver
Hilarious