Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - RunKijanaRun - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:41 PM)pally Wrote:

If he left without a deal, it’s done.

On to the sub-replacement level bargain basement guys.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:40 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The bengals do not pay for high end guards with high end money. That is a fact

We literally just paid Cappa 10 million a year. That’s a lot for a OG. It’s just not absolute top dollar like Thuney or Scherff.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Remember when that Waynes guy got by our medicals with a torn pec, and got paid for two years for nothing? Yeah, if it was the physical, then we don't want him. If it was money, I hope they work it out. Miami has reportedly started going in a different direction, so maybe they won't press as much.

Very true... Waynes screw up, Barrett screw up.... who is running this med team?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I’m sure DJ Reader jerseys just fly off the shelf… Rolleyes

(03-19-2022, 03:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Or Hendrickson....

Look at their contracts and the guys signed at the same time by other teams. Look at their guaranteed money! Its insane! And we have a ton of money! 

https://ibb.co/W5qDYqW

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Frank Booth - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We literally just paid Cappa 10 million a year. That’s a lot for a OG. It’s just not absolute top dollar like Thuney or Scherff.

That’s what I’m saying, it’s not high end money like what Thuney or Scherff get.

The bengals would rather play a back up at G than have to spend that much money on a position the front office doesn’t value highly

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - WVUHomer - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:42 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’m not making up what he was. He was a back up before he was a starter. And he’s on a cheap $6M/year deal. Belichick wanted him back but yet wasn’t able to offer better than 6M/year. Gotta wonder why? Because he’s not a tier 1 free agent. He was cheap. Hopefully he outplays his pay.

He’ll probably be a fine player. But once again, the Bengals aren’t willing to spend on the O line. And this is more proof.

Pats fans (the ones I know) were upset we got Karras. Just because he didn't sign a top dollar deal doesn't mean he isn't a good starter.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - THE PISTONS - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I know. This is upsetting. Im not going to trash the FO until more info comes out, but...

If it's the physical, I'll take a lame Collins over a healthy Prince or Adeniji.  (After the Shaq Barrett embarrassment I will never trust our med team)

If it's the money, this would be a major problem for me as there is no way they scheduled this visit without having parameters in place.

We will find out eventually.  

I read blurbs on Twitter that when nfl people talked about Collins, the 1st thing that comes up is his hip. So I don't know.

If we traded for him, $0 guaranteed. I'm sure he wants guaranteed money now.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Ell Prez - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:39 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: He Browns crushed Cincy but not towards the end of the year when they were playing at their best. Bengals were the ones In the SB. Now the Brownies are the team to beat in the AFC? Get a grip. Maybe Buffalo, KC, SD but Cincinnati is still right there at the top.

Some of you are acting like Collins is Anthony Munoz and that he doesn’t have medical and off the field red flags. They made the SB with a poor OL that they have already improved it by spending some $. Relax and let this all play out instead of throwing temper tantrums and acting like the Bengals haven’t done good things in FA over the last couple of years.

Just because you make the SB, it doesn’t makes you the team to beat. How many teams that lost the SB make it back? Why is that? It’s because it takes some degree of flat out LUCK to make the SB. How do you tip the scales of luck in to your favor? You stack your team with talent. Bengals are a great team, but we’re not the only team with a good roster and a good QB. This team needs O line players in a bad way.

The browns beat us twice. With Baker. Don’t act like we’re superior to them. The division could be won by us, browns, or Ravens and I wouldn’t be shocked. They’re all good teams.

(03-19-2022, 03:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: That’s what I’m saying, it’s not high end money like what Thuney or Scherff get.

The bengals would rather play a back up at G than have to spend that much money on a position the front office doesn’t value highly

If they had overpaid to get Scherff people would be whining about his injury history.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - J24 - 03-19-2022

Sign Fisher and Williams + move Jonah to LG. You solve the Oline.

(03-19-2022, 03:46 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Just because you make the SB, it doesn’t makes you the team to beat. How many teams that lost the SB make it back? Why is that? It’s because it takes some degree of flat out LUCK to make the SB. How do you tip the scales of luck in to your favor? You stack your team with talent. Bengals are a great team, but we’re not the only team with a good roster and a good QB. This team needs O line players in a bad way.

The browns beat us twice. With Baker. Don’t act like we’re superior to them. The division could be won by us, browns, or Ravens and I wouldn’t be shocked. They’re all good teams.

Yes. The margin is paper thin among the top 10 teams. Becoming elite, is hard.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Frank Booth - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If they had overpaid to get Scherff people would be whining about his injury history.

don’t deflect

The bengals would rather play a back up with question marks than spend big money on an elite guard or center

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - reuben.ahmed - 03-19-2022

Damn. Not even Burrow can close the deal.

(03-19-2022, 03:45 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Pats fans (the ones I know) were upset we got Karras. Just because he didn't sign a top dollar deal doesn't mean he isn't a good starter.

Exactly. James Daniels signed with the Steelers for under what was expected and everyone was freaking out talking about what a deal they got. We sign a solid player for a reasonable deal and he’s “bACkUp qUAliTy.”

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-19-2022

Sometimes you have to overpay to get what you want. Every other team does it. We stick to our guns. Hope it works out but I have seen this play out a lot over the years. Excuse me for being bitter. Just tired of us losing out on players and hearing all the excuses. Get this done if he is healthy.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - cinci4life - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:43 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If he left without a deal, it’s done.

On to the sub-replacement level bargain basement guys.

Not really. Just look at the 180 that Deshaun Watson pulled.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - WeezyBengal - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Damn. Not even Burrow can close the deal.

FO better not have ****** this up. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Tony - 03-19-2022

Great..... Probably ***** low balled him...

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - WVUHomer - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:48 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Not really. Just look at the 180 that Deshaun Watson pulled.

Unfortunately this is Cincinnati.....we don't always get those breaks.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>