Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams Requests Trade (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-Requests-Trade)

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - bengals1969 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 07:07 PM)samhain Wrote: I really despise articles like that.  They make it out to be a reasonable possibility.  Anyone with half a brain can tell the rumor is about as valid as some shit I'd make up at a fantasy draft.  

Sports media is as dopy as the Sunday talk shows. This made up story takes a perfectly serviceable Jonah in exchange for a broken down player. How does this help the Bengals?

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-22-2023

FWIW, teams taking tackles in mock drafts:
Kiper: Bears (9th), Eagles (10th), Jets (13th), Bucs (19th).
Jeremiah: Bears (9th), Packers (15th), Steelers (17th), Bengals (28th)
McShay (Pre- FA): Bears (9th), Titans (11th), Jets (13th), Jags (24th); Bengals (28th).

Guards/Centers:
Kiper: none
Jeremiah: Giants (25th)
McShay: none

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Murdock2420 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 05:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What would pitts numbers be like with Burrow compared to Chase with (whoever their QB is or was)

Things we will never know

Drake London and Pitts together on the same field couldn't produce much due to the Falcons run first offense. Another reason the Falcons passed on Chase was they already had Ridley and had no idea he was going to essentially walk away from the game for half the season for his own mental health. 

Chase would still be good, but he wouldn't have won ORoY playing in the Atlanta offense.

(03-22-2023, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was one; Pitts was a unicorn. Wonder what Chase would look like having Mariotta, Ridder, and a washed-up Matt Ryan throwing to him?

Folks hold lack of TDs against Pitts. Is that really his fault?

Yup, and not even the throwing to him. Atlanta is basically a run first offense with Mariotta, Patterson amd Allgeier.

To give an idea of just how terrible the Atlanta passing attack was, in 13 games Mariotta threw for 2219 yards, in 12 games Baker Mayfield threw for 2163 and he only started 10 of those games. Just ugly.

(03-22-2023, 06:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The argument wasn't that they didn't need another WR. It was that they needed OL to protect their surgically repaired QB MORE than they needed another WR. 

Burrow had just gotten his knee rebuilt because of a season where he had terrible protection getting sacked 32 times in 10 games and the Bengals were going into the 2021 season with an OL of...

Jonah Williams (coming off being on the IR in both of his 2 NFL seasons)
Quinton Spain (out of the NFL after 2021)
Trey Hopkins (out of the NFL after 2021)
Xavier Su'a-Filo (out of the NFL after 2021)
Riley Reiff (33-year-old who was injured for 6 straight years)

And they are still working to rebuild that oline with tossing $$$ at it in FA. The argument that no one on that OL was good enough certainly looks accurate now as no one from that line is left as a starter in the league except Jonah who has been replaced on the team. I'm guessing he'll start once traded.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Soonerpeace - 03-22-2023

Looks like a TE in the first round. Prayers for Moreau.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - bfine32 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 08:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Looks like a TE in the first round. Prayers for Moreau.

Pulling for the kid. Hopefully they caught it early

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Housh - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 05:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He's only played 1 game in the last 2 years, but did have a 74.4 grade as a rookie...for whatever that's worth.

If this is the case i don’t see why we’d want him

The value of hoping he stays healthy is worth the trade to me but not a LT that i assume doesn’t wanna switch to RT.

I just don’t see why we would do it. Then the Jets would look silly trading for Jonah who is also injury prone and was HORRIBLE last year

I just don’t see why the Jets or us would do this imo

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Go Cards - 03-22-2023

(03-21-2023, 08:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No one is offering anything for Mixon with that contract.  Not a single thing.  

Said it tongue in cheek, not sure the Bengals can get anything for him or Jonah.  Possibly a little something for Jonah. 

If they can though,  take it and run. Like them both but their time is done here. 

Their inevitable departure can only be put off for another year anyway. Neither will be re-signed unless it is at a huge discount so the Bengals should just resign to the fact and move on. Jonah is disgruntled, yet Mixon could have some value playing if he does not get Burrow killed in the process. 

Not sure he is worth the gamble and there will be good players available by freeing up their money after June cuts and the Bengals are an attractive landing spot. 

But won't be surprised if both are retained, just think there are better ways to spend that money. Never felt this way about Jonah and hoped he bounced back from the injuries. Yet if he does not want to be here ? Get somebody who does. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Go Cards - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 05:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He's only played 1 game in the last 2 years, but did have a 74.4 grade as a rookie...for whatever that's worth.

Would roll the dice and trade Jonah for Becton in a heartbeat. His ceiling is through the roof and he worked hard to lose weight to get in shape this offseason and is currently svelte. 

It's a gamble for both teams but believe Becton has a higher upside if it pans out. Plus bring the Louisville fanbase aboard our train. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 08:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Looks like a TE in the first round. Prayers for Moreau.

Whoa, hope Foster beats that. Damn, prayers for the man.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 03:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: If you check  back to the time of the draft with Chase, you will find some on this board that were advocating for Pitts over Chase. That is, once you weed through all the Sewell over Chase and "the Bengals are idiots if they pick Chase with Sewell available."

I was team Pitts myself, but for any of the 3. I would think Pitts would of also did very well with Burrow, maybe not as good as Chase 
looking back but I bet he would of caught a lot more TD's than he has in Atlanta with what they had.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - pulses - 03-22-2023

As I posted in another thread trade Jonah to the Jets for Conklin.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - bengalsboy - 03-22-2023

(03-21-2023, 11:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't know that they could deal Jonah even if they wanted to.

Seriously, guys like Taylor Lewan, Isaiah Wynn, George Fant, and Eric Fisher are sitting out there in FA.  Who's going to trade for Jonah on effectively a 1 year, $12.5 mil deal with those guys available?  The T market has dried up.

According to Ian Rappaport of NFL Network,the Bengals have received more than 1 trade offer for Jonah Williams.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - bengalsboy - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 09:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whoa, hope Foster beats that. Damn, prayers for the man.

Well,don't have to wait any longer to see if  he is signing with the Bengals anymore .,Don't know what they are going to do now.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - OSUfan - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 10:26 PM)bengalsboy Wrote: Well,don't have to wait any longer to see if  he is signing with the Bengals anymore .,Don't know what they are going to do now.

They are going to continue on just as they were. More than likely bring Wilcox back and I would not be shocked to see Sample back as well. They will also address the position in the draft I would imagine. People seem to be acting like this offense does not function without the TE having major input which is not the case unless you mean as a blocker.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - 007BengalsFan - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 10:37 PM)OSUfan Wrote: They are going to continue on just as they were. More than likely bring Wilcox back and I would not be shocked to see Sample back as well. They will also address the position in the draft I would imagine. People seem to be acting like this offense does not function without the TE having major input which is not the case unless you mean as a blocker.

At one point we didnt have our #1 TE Hurst or #2 TE Sample for a 4 game stretch.  We won all 4 without them

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nicomo Cosca - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 10:23 PM)bengalsboy Wrote: According to Ian Rappaport of NFL Network,the Bengals have received more than 1 trade offer for Jonah Williams.

Not exactly. He said teams have talked to the Bengals, and there’s “some interest.” He never said there are actual offers on the table. Could just be teams kicking the tires.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Frank Booth - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 09:57 PM)pulses Wrote: As I posted in another thread trade Jonah to the Jets for Conklin.

wow thats a terrible trade

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - pulses - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 11:54 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: wow thats a terrible trade

They can add a draft pick to make it a little better.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Frank Booth - 03-23-2023

(03-22-2023, 11:56 PM)pulses Wrote: They can add a draft pick to make it a little better.

4th at least

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - pulses - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 12:26 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: 4th at least

I'd want a 3rd honestly.