Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (/Thread-Report-Burrow-pushing-for-Bengals-to-draft-Chase)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - GreenCornBengal - 04-05-2021

Brady’s most productive season stat wise featured a very big name receiver in Randy Moss.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Frank Booth - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 04:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Brady’s most productive season stat wise featured a very big name receiver in Randy Moss.

well I want to see a super bowl win

not a record breaking statistical season

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 04:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you asked for big name pats receivers who won the super bowl, not tight ends. 

Julian Edleman is the only one

Not counting Gronk as a pass catcher is silly, but ok Edelman was there for half of the NE Super Bowl’s so the original comment I responded to claiming Brady just won his first one without a bunch of nobodies was not true.

Anyway, like I said before, expecting any QB to recreate what Brady did is not a sound strategy. You need to give your QB good OL play and plenty of weapons.

Look at Rodgers in GB. They’ve ignored the skill positions for years there. Maybe if they’d actually give Rodgers another weapon to play with Adams one of the most talented QB’s to ever play the game would have more than a single ring.

You. Need. Both.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 04:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Brady’s most productive season stat wise featured a very big name receiver in Randy Moss.

Yep. If not for a crazy helmet catch that NE team would be remembered as the best of all time.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Frank Booth - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 04:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I responded to claiming Brady just won his first one without a bunch of nobodies was not true.

but that's closer to the truth than what you're saying..

and dont give me the Aaron Rodgers crap again. Guy has 2, count em, 2 competent pass cathers/weapons. Tonyan and Adams

Everything else is stud o-line and running game

I know it's hard to grasp for you, but I know you can do it!

edit: and dont say Valdez Scantling isnt a no name. You only know him if you're hurting at wide receiver in fantasy, and you need a bye week fill in off of waivers/free agency

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - GreenCornBengal - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 04:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: well I want to see a super bowl win

Yea they weren’t a very good team you’re right.

(04-05-2021, 04:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yea they weren’t a very good team you’re right.

I never said that. 

I guess that afc championship really satisfied the team and fans, huh?

(04-05-2021, 04:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I know it's hard to grasp for you, but I know you can do it!

Always a pleasure talking with you, Frank. Have a nice day.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - OBX Bengal - 04-05-2021

Originally I was on team Sewell, now I am on team Chase mainly because I think Chase is more likely to be a 5th pick talent.  It is interesting to look at the list of the Bengals 1st round picks. The jury is still out on Jonah Williams.  John Ross and Cedric Ogbuehi were both busts.  But before Cedric, the Bengals 1st round offensive line picks generally varied from very good to great.  The only jersey that the Bengals have ever retired was a 1st round offensive lineman, Bob Johnson and the only Hall of Famer the Bengals have is a 1st round offensive lineman, Anthony Muñoz .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cincinnati_Bengals_first-round_draft_picks

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BayTiger - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 04:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not counting Gronk as a pass catcher is silly, but ok Edelman was there for half of the NE Super Bowl’s so the original comment I responded to claiming Brady just won his first one without a bunch of nobodies was not true.

Anyway, like I said before, expecting any QB to recreate what Brady did is not a sound strategy. You need to give your QB good OL play and plenty of weapons.

Look at Rodgers in GB. They’ve ignored the skill positions for years there. Maybe if they’d actually give Rodgers another weapon to play with Adams one of the most talented QB’s to ever play the game would have more than a single ring.

You. Need. Both.

You'll be disappointed if we draft Chase and he becomes the next Edelman. He was decent but he was never the elite top ten weapon that people expect Chase to become.

Receiver is a need but we don't need the next AJ Green. Another Sanu or Marvin Jones will do, and we don't need to use the number 5 pick for that. We're not in the position to pass on the best o-line prospect in years for the 4.38 second 40 yd dash receiver that appears in every draft. Let's roll with Boyd and Higgins then find a number three to compliment them.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 04-05-2021

Can I just ask a simple question?

Why is this debate still raging on?

Literally guys, we are all fans of the same team. And we all want the same thing, the team to win.

We all have different opinions on who should be drafted and no one is wrong (well unless they are saying Parsons)

We should have three good choices, 2 if Atlanta doesn't go QB.

It doesn't matter if it is Pitts, Chase or Sewell. Any of the three will be the best player on the team at their position group and all three are needs and giant upgrades.

The problem, none of the three makes this team a winner. We are going to need to hit on 5 or 6 picks to really have a shot this season. That is so rare for any team to do, much less the Bengals.

So, at this point, team Chase people aren't going to be swayed, and team Sewell people aren't going to be swayed, and team Pitts just wants Atlanta to pick a QB.

It's getting nowhere and we keep going around and around and pissing each other off when in the end, we are all on the same side:

1) We think Taylor is in over his head.
2) We think Mike Brown is an ass.
3) We hate Lou's defense.
4) We aren't sure exactly what Brian Callahan's job is.
5) All we want, is a damn Championship
6) **** the 49ers.

Anyways... feel free to keep going around at this point, but honestly unless there is a news report that someone is on roids, or someone falls a drug test, or someone gets hurt playing pick-up basketball, no stats or arguing will change anything.

(04-05-2021, 04:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Can I just ask a simple question?

Why is this debate still raging on?

Literally guys, we are all fans of the same team. And we all want the same thing, the team to win.

We all have different opinions on who should be drafted and no one is wrong (well unless they are saying Parsons)

We should have three good choices, 2 if Atlanta doesn't go QB.

It doesn't matter if it is Pitts, Chase or Sewell. Any of the three will be the best player on the team at their position group and all three are needs and giant upgrades.

The problem, none of the three makes this team a winner. We are going to need to hit on 5 or 6 picks to really have a shot this season. That is so rare for any team to do, much less the Bengals.

So, at this point, team Chase people aren't going to be swayed, and team Sewell people aren't going to be swayed, and team Pitts just wants Atlanta to pick a QB.

It's getting nowhere and we keep going around and around and pissing each other off when in the end, we are all on the same side:

1) We think Taylor is in over his head.
2) We think Mike Brown is an ass.
3) We hate Lou's defense.
4) We aren't sure exactly what Brian Callahan's job is.
5) All we want, is a damn Championship
6) **** the 49ers.

Anyways... feel free to keep going around at this point, but honestly unless there is a news report that someone is on roids, or someone falls a drug test, or someone gets hurt playing pick-up basketball, no stats or arguing will change anything.

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

(04-05-2021, 05:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As long as people are happy with a middle of the pack Joe Burrow. If we ever want to see him look like he did at LSU he’s going to need a lot more than a Sanu type starter.

Lmao

I cant believe people really think this

murdock said there's no such thing as wrong opinions

but this is just a wrong opinion

I wasnt aware Burrow was Andy Dalton, and needs as much pass catching talent around him as possible

I guess Joe Burrow doesnt make the receivers around him better

What a waste of a number 1 overall pick if that is the case

I wonder if Chargers fans are clamoring for another receiver for Herbert. I mean, Keenan Allen is a slot guy

and Mike Williams hasnt perfomed like a 1st round WR

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - jj22 - 04-05-2021

Won't be trading with the Panthers which is as far back as I wanted to trade if the big 3 was available.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Earendil - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 04:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: well I want to see a super bowl win

(04-05-2021, 04:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: but that's closer to the truth than what you're saying..

and dont give me the Aaron Rodgers crap again. Guy has 2, count em, 2 competent pass cathers/weapons. Tonyan and Adams

Everything else is stud o-line and running game

I know it's hard to grasp for you, but I know you can do it!

edit: and dont say Valdez Scantling isnt a no name. You only know him if you're hurting at wide receiver in fantasy, and you need a bye week fill in off of waivers/free agency

(04-05-2021, 05:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao

I wasnt aware Burrow was Andy Dalton, and needs as much pass catching talent around him as possible

I wonder if Chargers fans are clamoring for another receiver for Herbert. I mean, Keenan Allen is a slot guy

My god you're surly... sheesh

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-05-2021

FWIW, we are now assuredly going to be in a position to draft Sewell or Chase. Jets trade Darnold to Carolina for a 2nd (2022), a 4th (2022), and a 6th (2021). Good haul for Darnold.

Upshot: Jets are 100% taking a QB.

Upshot #2: Trading down just got more unlikely.

First off, Carolina now has a young QB. No way they expend more draft capital to move up and take another. That leaves Denver & NE as possible options. But with Carolina likely out of the QB market, picks 6, 7, & 8 are likely position players (Miami with Tua, Detroit just traded for Goff, Carolina for Darnold). If we trade down to #9, chances are good Sewell, Chase, & Pitts all are gone.

(04-05-2021, 05:24 PM)Earendil Wrote: My god you're surly... sheesh

Delightful, isn’t he?

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - jj22 - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 05:40 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW, we are now assuredly going to be in a position to draft Sewell or Chase. Jets trade Darnold to Carolina for a 2nd (2022), a 4th (2022), and a 6th (2021). Good haul for Darnold.

Upshot: Jets are 100% taking a QB.

Upshot #2: Trading down just got more unlikely.

First off, Carolina now has a young QB. No way they expend more draft capital to move up and take another. That leaves Denver & NE as possible options. But with Carolina likely out of the QB market, picks 6, 7, & 8 are likely position players (Miami with Tua, Detroit just traded for Goff, Carolina for Darnold). If we trade down to #9, chances are good Sewell, Chase, & Pitts all are gone.

I guess if they really want Slater then there's still a chance they move. But any hopes of picking up picks and one of the big 3 are shot.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 05:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: I guess if they really want Slater then there's still a chance they move. But any hopes of picking up picks and one of the big 3 are shot.

I never heard anything confirmed, did the Bengals attend Slater's Pro Day?

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - wanga - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 05:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao

It doesn’t rhyme.