Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - NATI BENGALS - 03-19-2022

I'm not going to get too worked up over this. Nobody in the NFL would trade anything for him even though he supposedly had a great contract. Instead his team cut him (they reportedly have $20+ million in cap space according to https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/ ) and will pay almost $9 million for him to not be on their team next year.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - J24 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read blurbs on Twitter that when nfl people talked about Collins, the 1st thing that comes up is his hip. So I don't know.

If we traded for him, $0 guaranteed. I'm sure he wants guaranteed money now.

I imagine we would have had to redo his contract in a trade anyways . He had a 15 million dollar cap hit anyways. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Ell Prez - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:45 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Pats fans (the ones I know) were upset we got Karras. Just because he didn't sign a top dollar deal doesn't mean he isn't a good starter.

I’m not saying he’s not or won’t be a good starter. But the Bengals didn’t go after a top end C or guard or T. We just didn’t and those are facts, not opinions. And my question is, why? Our O line is a disgrace and burrow tore his acl and mcl because of our line. And oh yeah, we lost the SB because of the line. FIX THE LINE WITH PROVEN TALENT.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: That’s what I’m saying, it’s not high end money like what Thuney or Scherff get.

The bengals would rather play a back up at G than have to spend that much money on a position the front office doesn’t value highly

And if we gave him high end money and then couldn't extend Higgins, Chase and Burrow next year and the year after you'd be complaining about that.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Frank Booth - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Exactly. James Daniels signed with the Steelers for under what was expected and everyone was freaking out talking about what a deal they got. We sign a solid player for a reasonable deal and he’s “bACkUp qUAliTy.”

Nobody said Karras is a back up

Keep deflecting. It’s a fact that the bengals do not prioritize interior o-line.

Yes they got decent players for decent value, but if those guys were gone, and the only free agent option was to sign an all pro guard for all pro money? They’d roll with a back up or a rookie.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: don’t deflect

The bengals would rather play a back up with question marks than spend big money on an elite guard or center

He’s not a backup. Just stop.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - BrownAssClown - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: That’s what I’m saying, it’s not high end money like what Thuney or Scherff get.

The bengals would rather play a back up at G than have to spend that much money on a position the front office doesn’t value highly

Sadly if that's true, that's the kind of thinking that might shorten Joe Burrow's career.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - jj22 - 03-19-2022

It's kinda a hard pill to swallow to pay more than what you could have traded a late round pick for him for. I don't like it but it's understandable. How can teams justify paying him more than the 3year 30 non guarantee he had left?

(03-19-2022, 03:48 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Sometimes you have to overpay to get what you want. Every other team does it. We stick to our guns. Hope it works out but I have seen this play out a lot over the years. Excuse me for being bitter. Just tired of us losing out on players and hearing all the excuses. Get this done if he is healthy.

You don't give a guy a bunch of guartanteed money if his physical is murky.

(03-19-2022, 03:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s not a backup. Just stop.

I’m not saying Karras is a back up. I’m saying the bengals in general would rather pay a back up than an elite starter because they don’t want big money going to that specific position

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And if we gave him high end money and then couldn't extend Higgins, Chase and Burrow next year and the year after you'd be complaining about that.

Surely we had the a mutually agreed upon parameter prior to the visit....?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And if we gave him high end money and then couldn't extend Higgins, Chase and Burrow next year and the year after you'd be complaining about that.

Worry about that when we need to. These are the excuses I hear that make me angry. You can cut him in 3 years! There are a plethora of ways to make more money and move things around. We do not need to worry about 3-4 years rom now. We have a window for 2 years NOW. 

(03-19-2022, 03:43 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If he left without a deal, it’s done.

On to the sub-replacement level bargain basement guys.

That's what you took from that tweet?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You don't give a guy a bunch of guartanteed money if his physical is murky.

Lets see what happens. If that is the case no one else will sign him right? If that is the case then cool. I have just seen this too many times to think its anything other than guaranteed money

(03-19-2022, 03:52 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Sadly if that's true, that's the kind of thinking that might shorten Joe Burrow's career.

I understand Collins is going to look at other offers, but they should’ve given him an offer he couldn’t say no to

But if Collins does end up signing with cincy, I’ll be very happy

(03-19-2022, 03:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Surely we had the a mutually agreed upon parameter prior to the visit....?

I don't think the money was a hang up UNLESS his physical showed something that meant they lowered the guarantee, which would be smart.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:27 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Very embarrassing. We lost the super bowl because of a crappy o line. We had one of the highest cap spaces in the league and we sign 1 solid player (TB player) and a borderline backup/starter (NE player) to a cheap 6M/year deal.

We need some freaking protection for Burrow. The browns trade for Cooper and trade and sign Watson. Say what you want about their future with these deals, but the Browns are the team to beat in the AFC. The crushed us…without a capable QB. Now they have a top 10 QB and a stacked team.

But we have 2 new O lineman, and 2 holes still. All is well though.

(03-19-2022, 03:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Nobody said Karras is a back up

Keep deflecting. It’s a fact that the bengals do not prioritize interior o-line.

Yes they got decent players for decent value, but if those guys were gone, and the only free agent option was to sign an all pro guard for all pro money? They’d roll with a back up or a rookie.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CardCounterChris - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Surely we had the a mutually agreed upon parameter prior to the visit....?

I'd say even more so since Cincy didn't offer a trade for him and after being released he was immediately on his way. I think it's safe to say there were a lot of discussions going on even prior to his release. We are focusing on the last couple days of the visit, but both camps have been talking all week.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-19-2022

Did he actually leave town?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - KillerGoose - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Did he actually leave town?

He could have left negotiations and still hanging out in the city. He doesn't have any other visits scheduled AFAIK.