Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams Requests Trade (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-Requests-Trade)

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bengalholic - 03-23-2023

(03-22-2023, 09:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would roll the dice and trade Jonah for Becton in a heartbeat. His ceiling is through the roof and he worked hard to lose weight to get in shape this offseason and is currently svelte. 

It's a gamble for both teams but believe Becton has a higher upside if it pans out. Plus bring the Louisville fanbase aboard our train. 

Mekhi Becton and Jeremy Ruckert for Jonah and our 6th rounder.  Ninja

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Synric - 03-23-2023

(03-22-2023, 09:57 PM)pulses Wrote: As I posted in another thread trade Jonah to the Jets for Conklin.

Jets can't move on from either Conklin or Uzomah because of their contracts. They actually save money by keeping them and lose money by trading them.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Housh - 03-23-2023

We must not be in love with any initial deal that was offered

If I’m a team a 5th or a 4th would be my first offer, and I’d ask Cincy to let me know if anyone offers more so i have a chance to match.

This trade is probably waiting until after the draft. After the draft you’ll see teams really want to start forming their 53 and a team is bound to have a LT deficiency that they thought they’d address via draft

Waiting also gives us time to sell Jonah on RT.

I mean blocking for Burrow and staying on a line you’ve been on 4 years seems like it’d be enough but i guess it really is about that LT money

Jonah’s pickle is if he plays RT and sucks he’s basically screwed. He was inconsistent at LT and if he were to suck at RT he’d kill his future earning potential. So i kinda don’t blame him for being afraid to play RT. It’s literally all bad for his business side unless he comes out and makes damn near all pro

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Housh - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 02:08 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mekhi Becton and Jeremy Ruckert for Jonah and our 6th rounder.  Ninja

Did Ruckert play last year? I don’t remember any big plays by him. Him, Stoneberger and Stover i thought would be day 1 starter TEs

I guess im really really bad at TE evaluation. Once upon a time i thought Orson Charles was the next Antonio Gates so i don’t get to talk about TEs

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - TecmoBengals - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 08:01 AM)Housh Wrote: We must not be in love with any initial deal that was offered

I wonder which teams are making offers. If it's a squad like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, or a fellow AFC rival it might cause Duke to not have interest. I'm hoping a team like the Bears goes after Jonah and is willing to part with some picks.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Soonerpeace - 03-23-2023

Jonah is unlikely to find long term success at LT. Better for a long career than a short one. If it does fail him then he should at minimum find a spot again as a backup. If he agrees to change and is a team player he gets a lot of love from everyone

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - phil413 - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 08:04 AM)Housh Wrote: Did Ruckert play last year? I don’t remember any big plays by him. Him, Stoneberger and Stover i thought would be day 1 starter TEs

I guess im really really bad at TE evaluation. Once upon a time i thought Orson Charles was the next Antonio Gates so i don’t get to talk about TEs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jetsxfactor.com/2022/07/20/jets-te-jeremy-ruckert-non-football-injury/amp/

He had plantar fasciitis and had Conklin and CJ ahead of him.  If the Jets sign the ancient Mercedes Lewis ahead of a Roger's deal, the Bengals could buy low on Ruckert.  If everyone is offering say a 4th, it may be worth taking a Jets package of a 4th and Ruckert. That or I'm interested in the Becton and Ruckert, but Becton likely wouldn't get the 5th year option (on May 2nd) from the Jets so you're basically swapping a bigger injury risk, so I'd want a 6th back in that package and decline his option.  Either package you have cap space to use on a RB, CB and vet ring chasing DL. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 08:01 AM)Housh Wrote: We must not be in love with any initial deal that was offered

If I’m a team a 5th or a 4th would be my first offer, and I’d ask Cincy to let me know if anyone offers more so i have a chance to match.

This trade is probably waiting until after the draft. After the draft you’ll see teams really want to start forming their 53 and a team is bound to have a LT deficiency that they thought they’d address via draft

I mean blocking for Burrow and staying on a line you’ve been on 4 years seems like it’d be enough but i guess it really is about that LT money

Jonah’s pickle is if he plays RT and sucks he’s basically screwed. He was inconsistent at LT and if he were to suck at RT he’d kill his future earning potential. So i kinda don’t blame him for being afraid to play RT. It’s literally all bad for his business side unless he comes out and makes damn near all pro

Yes and imagine if we had Jonah and Carman competing for the RT spot and Carman won out?

He would really be screwed lol

(03-23-2023, 09:08 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wonder which teams are making offers. If it's a squad like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, or a fellow AFC rival it might cause Duke to not have interest. I'm hoping a team like the Bears goes after Jonah and is willing to part with some picks.

No to in Division trades even if I think Trey would beat Jonah like a drum.

(03-23-2023, 11:52 AM)phil413 Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/jetsxfactor.com/2022/07/20/jets-te-jeremy-ruckert-non-football-injury/amp/

He had plantar fasciitis and had Conklin and CJ ahead of him.  If the Jets sign the ancient Mercedes Lewis ahead of a Roger's deal, the Bengals could buy low on Ruckert.  If everyone is offering say a 4th, it may be worth taking a Jets package of a 4th and Ruckert. That or I'm interested in the Becton and Ruckert, but Becton likely wouldn't get the 5th year option (on May 2nd) from the Jets so you're basically swapping a bigger injury risk, so I'd want a 6th back in that package and decline his option.  Either package you have cap space to use on a RB, CB and vet ring chasing DL. 

Wouldn't mind the thought of Ruckert if he has the PF over with. Becton is more injury prone than Jonah, not really high on adding
someone that is even worse in this area, I agree with others that Becton has more upside and Pollack has worked with him so he 
knows him better than any of us, so we will see.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bengalholic - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 08:04 AM)Housh Wrote: Did Ruckert play last year? I don’t remember any big plays by him. Him, Stoneberger and Stover i thought would be day 1 starter TEs

He played in 9 games and had 46 offensive snaps (mostly as a run blocker) and 101 snaps on special teams. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-23-2023

I have no problem keeping Jonah if we cannot get a 2nd.

It most likely takes OT off the board and we can focus on TE, DE,CB, RB, DT, WR.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Memphis_Bengal - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 03:04 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I have no problem keeping Jonah if we cannot get a 2nd.

It most likely takes OT off the board and we can focus on TE, DE,CB, RB, DT, WR.

My fear is if we trade Jonah the whole world will know we are likely targeting Wright/Jones at 28 and will take them ahead or trade in front of us. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 03:14 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: My fear is if we trade Jonah the whole world will know we are likely targeting Wright/Jones at 28 and will take them ahead or trade in front of us. 

Betting that is the very reason we wait till after the Draft to trade him.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-23-2023

I could see a draft day deal. If a team misses on an OT in Rd1 or goes a different direction & don't feel good about any of the Tier 2 OTs stepping in right away, that's when we land a Rd2 pick. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Go Cards - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 02:08 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mekhi Becton and Jeremy Ruckert for Jonah and our 6th rounder.  Ninja

Give me Becton and I'm very happy. Both teams must except the injury risk, so it seems fair. Bengals get a pro bowl potential player if healthy imo. Dude is an incredible athlete for his size. If it does not work out,  either team can move on after a year. 

Give me a player happy to be here and wanting to prove himself over one that is disgruntled all day long. Plus bengals have Carman already so its not a huge risk if Becton does not pan out. 

Plus adds to the fanbase immediately. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Luvnit2 - 03-23-2023

We don't know how many OT's other teams have first round grades on as of now. It could be a team's OT choice gets drafted and their next guy on the board is a reach to them.

If so, some teams may want to try and get Jonah in a trade after round 1.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Old Dipstick - 03-24-2023

(03-17-2023, 12:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: this is a tired argument. He's proven he's an overall average starting left tackle. Sacks are important, but there's more to being a tackle than just sacks

Lol sacks are probably not a "tired" argument to the QB that just had the crap knocked out him by some 300+ pound defensive lineman..

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - NATI BENGALS - 03-24-2023

(03-23-2023, 04:54 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I could see a draft day deal. If a team misses on an OT in Rd1 or goes a different direction & don't feel good about any of the Tier 2 OTs stepping in right away, that's when we land a Rd2 pick. 

Ah. Maybe these early conversations will help us fleece somebody on draft day. That'd be nice.

Ogbuehi had 5 starts for the Jets last year. And Bobby Hart was on the Bills roster for 15 games last year.

It will be interesting to see what it would take for us to move him.

Zac's first draft class of 10 picks in 2019 led off with Jonah as his first pick. We just re-upped Pratt and Trayveon from that class. And unless we sign Sample and Jonah gets traded then Pratt and Trayveon are the last two from the 2019 class. Which is pretty wild.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - TecmoBengals - 03-24-2023

If Jonah is traded I expect a simple swap where the Bengals get a draft pick such as a 4th or 5th rounder.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - bfine32 - 03-24-2023

(03-23-2023, 03:14 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: My fear is if we trade Jonah the whole world will know we are likely targeting Wright/Jones at 28 and will take them ahead or trade in front of us. 

I don't think trading Jonah moves the needle on this at all. There's no guarantee Jonah even wins the starting RT gig. Matter of fact, I'd rather see him compete at LG.  

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - ochocincos - 03-24-2023

I dunno necessarily.
People seem to already be writing off the possibility of Carman at RT.
He showed enough at LT last year to give some optimism he may be able to handle RT.
If you draft an OT at 28, you're either writing Carman's future on the wall that he's nothing more than a swing tackle, or you're pushing a 1st rounder to the bench for 2 years (at least) depending on if they re-sign Carman after 2024.