Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (/Thread-Report-Burrow-pushing-for-Bengals-to-draft-Chase)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 05:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I never heard anything confirmed, did the Bengals attend Slater's Pro Day?

Synric mentioned it was reported we had an OL coach there, but didn’t know if it was Pollack or Martin.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 05:53 PM)wanga Wrote: It doesn’t rhyme. 

He’s no impactplaya...

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - jj22 - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 05:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I never heard anything confirmed, did the Bengals attend Slater's Pro Day?

I never heard they were high on him either. But if they are thinking Sewell then maybe the drop off isn't as steep if they pick up picks. If they are thinking Chase/Pitts, then they are going to have to stay at 5. 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 05:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Synric mentioned it was reported we had an OL coach there, but didn’t know if it was Pollack or Martin.

Good to know.

I just wish it was April 30th so we could be done with it all and move to the next phase of the off-season. 

Hyping the UDFA guys and overselling the draft to the point of being convinced we are playoff bound. Smirk

It's like clockwork 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - fredtoast - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 06:29 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hyping the UDFA guys and overselling the draft to the point of being convinced we are playoff bound. Smirk

It's like clockwork 

Same "clockwork" that had you claiming we would do nothing in free agency to make the team better.

Nothing is more consistent around here than you whining and complaining.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 06:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same "clockwork" that had you claiming we would do nothing in free agency to make the team better.

Nothing is more consistent around here than you whining and complaining.

Well Fred.. we made one real addition in FA, everyone else was a replacement for the guy that left. So one move that you can look at and say, this actually makes us a better team.

Hendrickson replaced Lawson

Hilton replaced Alexander

Awuzie replaced WJIII

Larry Ogunjobi  replaced Geno 

And then the one place you can call it an upgrade is they sign Reiff and cut Hart.

Nothing is more consistent around here then you being wrong, twisting numbers to fit your argument and being generally disliked by everyone on the board. 

Have a good day.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Rubekahn29 - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 07:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Well Fred.. we made one real addition in FA, everyone else was a replacement for the guy that left. So one move that you can look at and say, this actually makes us a better team.

Hendrickson replaced Lawson

Hilton replaced Alexander

Awuzie replaced WJIII

Larry Ogunjobi  replaced Geno 

And then the one place you can call it an upgrade is they sign Reiff and cut Hart.

Nothing is more consistent around here then you being wrong, twisting numbers to fit your argument and being generally disliked by everyone on the board. 

Have a good day.

Hendrickson outproduced Lawson

Hilton is an upgrade over Alexander

I was never high on WJIII, but if we get Waynes back I’ll take that over WJIII and whoever was out there last year

Ogunjobi huge upgrade over 2020 Geno and any other DT we had not named Reader

Reiff of course better than fart.

Plus depth in secondary we didn’t even close to have last year.

4 upgrades, one a wash but likely better ceiling due to fully healthy Waynes being number one and Awuzie being number 2.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 04-05-2021

It's funny how "Dalton needs elite talent around him to succeed. Elite QBs elevate the talent around them" has been completely washed away because "Burrow needs elite talent around him to succeed."

Well, which is it? Were you full of shit before . . . are you full of shit now . . . or is it both?

(04-05-2021, 07:27 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It's funny how "Dalton needs elite talent around him to succeed. Elite QBs elevate the talent around them" has been completely washed away because "Burrow needs elite talent around him to succeed."

Well, which is it? Were you full of shit before . . . are you full of shit now . . . or is it both?

For the 20th time, Burrow will hopefully be that good someday soon, but he’s not yet. Now can we please move on from these petty little vendettas over a player that’s not even on the team anymore? Christ.

(04-05-2021, 07:27 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It's funny how "Dalton needs elite talent around him to succeed. Elite QBs elevate the talent around them" has been completely washed away because "Burrow needs elite talent around him to succeed."

Dalton had AJ Green from 2011 to 2016 before he started getting hurt incredibly often and a solid Running game from at least 2011 to 2015. Higgins and Boyd are great but no where near Prime AJ. I’d argue that Boyd is still behind Marvin Jones in WR ability. Higgins may get up there but not yet. 2015, they had AJ, MJones, Sanu, Eifert. Currently, you could argue that Boyd and Higgins now would fall below those four on a depth chart that year. So currently yes, it would be nice to have a pretty legitimate number 1 receiver.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Frank Booth - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 07:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For the 20th time, Burrow will hopefully be that good someday soon, but he’s not yet. Now can we please move on from these petty little vendettas over a player that’s not even on the team anymore? Christ.

this is rich coming from you

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Au165 - 04-05-2021

Tobin confirmed in his podcast interview with Dan Hoard He has talked to “engaged” Joe about the draft. Also, he notes OL is deeper than WR with potential starting grade guys in the 2nd and 3rd.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Frank Booth - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 07:43 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote:  I’d argue that Boyd is still behind Marvin Jones in WR ability. Higgins may get up there but not yet. 2015, they had AJ, MJones, Sanu, Eifert. Currently, you could argue that Boyd and Higgins now would fall below those four on a depth chart that year. So currently yes, it would be nice to have a pretty legitimate number 1 receiver.

....jesus christ

this is horrendous

(04-05-2021, 07:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ....jesus christ

this is horrendous

Wow, great insight you added there bud. Man you are teeming with intellectual ability. You have no ability to ever add anything constructive to a conversation.

(04-05-2021, 07:48 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Wow, great insight you added there bud. Man you are teeming with intellectual ability.

you sure do post a lot for someone who doesnt know much about football

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 07:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For the 20th time, Burrow will hopefully be that good someday soon, but he’s not yet. Now can we please move on from these petty little vendettas over a player that’s not even on the team anymore? Christ.

Both it is.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - jason - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 04:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: but that's closer to the truth than what you're saying..

and dont give me the Aaron Rodgers crap again. Guy has 2, count em, 2 competent pass cathers/weapons. Tonyan and Adams

Everything else is stud o-line and running game

I know it's hard to grasp for you, but I know you can do it!

edit: and dont say Valdez Scantling isnt a no name. You only know him if you're hurting at wide receiver in fantasy, and you need a bye week fill in off of waivers/free agency

He may be a no name, but he's better than anybody on our roster not named Tee or Tyler. The same goes for Lazard. It's being disingenuous to act like Aaron Jones isn't a competent pass catcher too.

(04-05-2021, 07:51 PM)jason Wrote: He may be a no name, but he's better than anybody on our roster not named Tee or Tyler. The same goes for Lazard. It's being disingenuous to act like Aaron Jones isn't a competent pass catcher too.

he's the runningback. I lump him in with the great running game greenbay has.

And just because Lazard and MVS would be our 3's in cincy, that still doesnt make them big time. They're small time. Replaceable.

(04-05-2021, 07:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you sure do post a lot for someone who doesnt know much about football

Aw there it is, the good old, “I think I am smarter than you, so instead of actually having a rebuttal that makes any coherent sense, I’ll just claim you are dumb to cover up my own ignorance and complete utter intellectual deficiencies.” When it comes your ability to debate, I can have a more intellectual conversation with my two youngest children than with you. Oh and they are three years old.

(04-05-2021, 07:55 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Aw there it is, the good old, “I’m smarter than you, so instead of actually having a rebuttal that makes any coherent sense, I’ll just claim you are dumb to cover up my own ignorance and complete utter intellectual deficiencies.” When it comes your ability to debate, I can have a more intellectually conversation with my two youngest children. Oh and they are three years old.

yea you sure showed him

yuck

get back to parenting instead of crying to me