Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's kinda a hard pill to swallow to pay more than what you could have traded a late round pick for him for. I don't like it but it's understandable. How can teams justify paying him more than the 3year 30 non guarantee he had left?

There were rumors Dallas was looking for as high as a 2nd rounder. No idea how true that was.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - WVUHomer - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:51 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’m not saying he’s not or won’t be a good starter. But the Bengals didn’t go after a top end C or guard or T. We just didn’t and those are facts, not opinions. And my question is, why? Our O line is a disgrace and burrow tore his acl and mcl because of our line. And oh yeah, we lost the SB because of the line. FIX THE LINE WITH PROVEN TALENT.

Everything about your post is just wrong.

Name a Center ranked higher than Karras during tampering (when we got our deal done).

Kappa is a top end talent. Just because he wasn't the high priced Scherff doesn't mean $***. You aren't a low tier player and having the GOAT call you to ask you to stay.

They literally just went after the effing top RT in FA and were in the talks to trade for him.

Your post is just asinine.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Ell Prez - 03-19-2022

I know he’s a starter here. He was a back up with Ne and then a starter. Nothing i said was untrue. We signed him to a $6M/apy deal. That’s not exactly the range that top tier FA O lineman are getting. Again, he’ll probably play fine and is certainly an upgrade to what we had. But why not spend the money on elite talent?!

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Luvnit2 - 03-19-2022

Who is that in pic and when is tie stamp?

Never say never. watson told Browns no and a day later said yes

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - RunKijanaRun - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's what you took from that tweet?

yes

Will be happy to wager with you if you think I’m crazy.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Frank Booth - 03-19-2022

To be fair, he said borderline back up. Which means a low end starter. Which he is, especially at center

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who is that in pic and when is tie stamp?

Random fan, 2:36pm today.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who is that in pic and when is tie stamp?

The Browns opened the Brinks Truck. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Cosmokramer - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:59 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I know he’s a starter here. He was a back up with Ne and then a starter. Nothing i said was untrue. We signed him to a $6M/apy deal. That’s not exactly the range that top tier FA O lineman are getting. Again, he’ll probably play fine and is certainly an upgrade to what we had. But why not spend the money on elite talent?!

You realize that things have to align for us to sign players right? We can’t just say hey, he want you here is 50million dollars let’s roll.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Clark W Griswold - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:46 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Just because you make the SB, it doesn’t makes you the team to beat. How many teams that lost the SB make it back? Why is that? It’s because it takes some degree of flat out LUCK to make the SB. How do you tip the scales of luck in to your favor? You stack your team with talent. Bengals are a great team, but we’re not the only team with a good roster and a good QB. This team needs O line players in a bad way.

The browns beat us twice. With Baker. Don’t act like we’re superior to them. The division could be won by us, browns, or Ravens and I wouldn’t be shocked. They’re all good teams.

Bengals are superior to the Browns for now and don’t count that second win that was Cincy back ups vs their starters. I agree it’s a tight race in the AFC but you said the Browns were the team to beat in the AFC and I just listed
several teams above them.
Browns could be very good but they are not the team to beat.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - KillerGoose - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:59 PM)Ell Prez Wrote:  But why not spend the money on elite talent?!

A potential explanation for this could be the huge contracts coming up. Burrow could potentially reset the QB market and Higgins will also command big money. Chase too, but he still has a few years. Throwing elite money at OL could put the team in a bind. The offensive line is a unit, signing one elite player doesn't fix the line. Signing a couple of good players has more of an effect than one elite player. 

I have no idea if this is the angle that Cincinnati is taking, but I can understand it. It is frustrating because I would love to see an elite OL in front of Burrow, but the reality is they don't need one. If Cincinnati can take their OL to average quality, that is more than enough. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - NATI BENGALS - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:59 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I know he’s a starter here. He was a back up with Ne and then a starter. Nothing i said was untrue. We signed him to a $6M/apy deal. That’s not exactly the range that top tier FA O lineman are getting. Again, he’ll probably play fine and is certainly an upgrade to what we had. But why not spend the money on elite talent?!

People complaining when we signed two interior linemen in their prime who played a lot of snaps blocking for Brady during Super Bowl runs.

(03-19-2022, 04:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: A potential explanation for this could be the huge contracts coming up. Burrow could potentially reset the QB market and Higgins will also command big money. Chase too, but he still has a few years. Throwing elite money at OL could put the team in a bind. The offensive line is a unit, signing one elite player doesn't fix the line. Signing a couple of good players has more of an effect than one elite player. 

I have no idea if this is the angle that Cincinnati is taking, but I can understand it. It is frustrating because I would love to see an elite OL in front of Burrow, but the reality is they don't need one. If Cincinnati can take their OL to average quality, that is more than enough. 

If this is about money, I prefer elite oline over highest paid FS and $10M WR3 and $11-13M RB....  one day the bengals will have to prioritize the proper positions. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: A potential explanation for this could be the huge contracts coming up. Burrow could potentially reset the QB market and Higgins will also command big money. Chase too, but he still has a few years. Throwing elite money at OL could put the team in a bind. The offensive line is a unit, signing one elite player doesn't fix the line. Signing a couple of good players has more of an effect than one elite player. 

This.

Give me Daryl Williams + Tee Higgins over just Collins (if it is just about money - which I doubt).

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Frank Booth - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: People complaining when we signed two interior linemen in their prime who played a lot of snaps blocking for Brady during Super Bowl runs.

I don’t think anybody’s really complaining about these 2 signings.

They’re complaining about how if the bengals have a huge weakness at a spot, and they miss with all the good value signings, they’ll just play that year with unproven guys and hope they magically play serviceable

Fine for a rebuild, but not for a team that has super bowl aspirations

At least that’s my gripe. The bengals may play 2022 with holes at RT and LG, instead of 2021 where the holes were RT and RG

(03-19-2022, 04:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This.

Give me Daryl Williams + Tee Higgins over just Collins (if it is just about money - which I doubt).

Give me Collins + Tee over Boyd and Bates

(03-19-2022, 04:02 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Bengals are superior to the Browns for now and don’t count that second win that was Cincy back ups vs their starters. I agree it’s a tight race in the AFC but you said the Browns were the team to beat in the AFC and I just listed
several teams above them.
Browns could be very good but they are not the team to beat.

Did you forget the first game when got crushed? We couldn’t even stop the run. Now they have a real QB. Vegas has the browns at a better change to winning SB than us. That’s not the end all be all, Bc they were wrong about the Bengals, but the Browns will be very dangerous. So will the ravens. Same for Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos.

Have we upgraded enough? I think the answer is no. Making the SB is extremely difficult. Just Bc we have Burrow and are a young team, doesn’t mean anything.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - KillerGoose - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If this is about money, I prefer elite oline over highest paid FS and $10M WR3 and $11-13M RB....  one day the bengals will have to prioritize the proper positions. 

I'm 100% with you on the RB situation. I love Mixon, but I hate sinking money into the position. I have no idea what the hang up is, but just trying to remain objective about the reality that Cincinnati is facing. They have some hefty contract extensions coming up and likely want to keep those guys together. Throwing fat contracts at OL will help in the short term but could make it more difficult to keep things together in the long term. 

Those guys are in rookie contracts for next 3-5 years. Signing Collins to a 1-3 year deal would do nothing in terms of signing those guys. The window is open now while this talent is on rookie deals. If we don’t win one in next 4 years, it will be exponentially harder.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-19-2022

Again. You can cut players later. You can shuffle money around. Everyone does it. Stop worrying about resigning guys in 3 years. We have a window now.