Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? (/Thread-If-Burfict-s-suspension-holds-up-is-the-season-already-in-trouble)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - TheUberHuber - 08-30-2017

The bright side is he can't get hurt lol

RE: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - Bengal Dude - 08-30-2017

(08-30-2017, 02:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Explain this "lame duck" thingy? 

Lame duck is a term given to a coach when he only has 1 year left on his contract. It's believed that players don't respond well to "lame duck" coaches since the belief is that they'll be gone next season.

RE: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - PhilHos - 08-30-2017

(08-30-2017, 04:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Lame duck is a term given to a coach when he only has 1 year left on his contract. It's believed that players don't respond well to "lame duck" coaches since the belief is that they'll be gone next season.

Actually, lame duck is given when he's on the last year of his contract and it's clear he's not going to get a new one. While it's possible this is ML's last year, it's not a given, thus I don't think we can consider ML a lame duck coach just yet.

RE: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - sandwedge - 08-30-2017

(08-30-2017, 04:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Actually, lame duck is given when he's on the last year of his contract and it's clear he's not going to get a new one. While it's possible this is ML's last year, it's not a given, thus I don't think we can consider ML a lame duck coach just yet.

I was driving at this, but again someone took my angle away! Lol  I knew what a lame duck was. People assume, I think, that this is supposedly ML's last year he doesn't really care what goes on. Just sitting in is office smoking a big Cuban or something to that effect.  Cool

RE: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - Shake n Blake - 08-30-2017

(08-30-2017, 04:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Actually, lame duck is given when he's on the last year of his contract and it's clear he's not going to get a new one. While it's possible this is ML's last year, it's not a given, thus I don't think we can consider ML a lame duck coach just yet.

Marvin went into 2010 without an extension, proceeded to go 4-12 (losing 10 straight) and was brought back for a "re-boot".

I will never think Marvin is gone until Hobson is actually writing about him being gone.

RE: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - grampahol - 08-30-2017

Marvins contract doesn't have doodly squoot to do with Burficts suspension.. 
Personally I think he has quite a bit of respect from players although I have nothing to back up the claim. 
He's not my favorite HC, but we've seen far worse.   

RE: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - THE PISTONS - 08-30-2017

(08-30-2017, 05:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: Marvins contract doesn't have doodly squoot to do with Burficts suspension.. 
Personally I think he has quite a bit of respect from players although I have nothing to back up the claim. 
He's not my favorite HC, but we've seen far worse.   

aka Atleast it's not the 90's.

RE: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - TSwigZ - 08-30-2017

We def need more LB depth next off season

RE: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - coachmcneil71 - 08-30-2017

(08-30-2017, 02:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Explain this "lame duck" thingy? 

It means that he is coaching in his last year & doesn't have another deal in place yet. I could be wrong, but pretty sure that's Marvin's current status.

RE: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - Go Cards - 08-31-2017

Burfict being suspended is becoming par for the Bengals course.

Unfortunately do not see the league removing the bullseye on his back anytime soon.

RE: If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble? - Go Cards - 08-31-2017

Been a "lame duck fan" for years yet keep re-signing contract annually.

Sometimes love hurts !