Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims (/Thread-Office-Depot-refuses-to-photocopy-anti-abortion-prayer-woman-claims)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims - fredtoast - 09-13-2015

(09-13-2015, 02:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He didn't try to STOP anyone from making cigarettes, he just exposed the addictive additives of tobacco in cigarettes. For this him and his family received death threats and possibly at least one attempt was made. 

Correct.  The threats were all from the people making the cigarettes, not from people who were against cigarettes.

RE: Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims - bfine32 - 09-13-2015

(09-13-2015, 03:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Correct.  The threats were all from the people making the cigarettes, not from people who were against cigarettes.

He was threatened because of his work in the tobacco industry. 

I still can't help but notice you have not answered the question posed.

Is there a legitimate reason or are you just trying to make up a point?

bfine32 Wrote:3. What does the fact that I do not consider either person to be evil because of who they work for have to do with me stepping away from reality?

RE: Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims - fredtoast - 09-13-2015

(09-13-2015, 03:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He was threatened because of his work in the tobacco industry. 

No he wasn't.  He worked in the tobacco industry for years without ever getting any threats.  The threats against him were not because he was working in the tobacco industry.  The threats against him were because he threatened to release damaging information about the tobacco industry.

RE: Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims - bfine32 - 09-13-2015

(09-13-2015, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he wasn't.  He worked in the tobacco industry for years without ever getting any threats.  The threats against him were not because he was working in the tobacco industry.  The threats against him were because he threatened to release damaging information about the tobacco industry.

If he had not worked in the tobacco industry he would have never been threatened

bfine32 Wrote:I still can't help but notice you have not answered the question posed.

Is there a legitimate reason or are you just trying to make up a point?
bfine32 Wrote:3. What does the fact that I do not consider either person to be evil because of who they work for have to do with me stepping away from reality?

Is it too difficult to answer?
Should I consider one evil?

(09-13-2015, 03:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is it too difficult to answer?
Should I consider one evil?

This thread is about a corporations decision on what type of language might "promote discrimination or violence".  It is not about what Bfine thinks.  No one expects Home Depot to call you to decide what language is appropriate.  And that is because they live in the real world where abortion providers have been murdered, threatened, and intimidated for decades while not one single person working for the tobacco industry has been hurt by people who oppose cigarettes.

(09-13-2015, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This thread is about a corporations decision on what type of language might "promote discrimination or violence".  It is not about what Bfine thinks.  No one expects Home Depot to call you to decide what language is appropriate.  And that is because they live in the real world where abortion providers have been murdered, threatened, and intimidated for decades while not one single person working for the tobacco industry has been hurt by people who oppose cigarettes.

You'll have to excuse the assumption that I thought you were talking to me when you quoted my post and mentioned the same industry I did.

I was asking what person Matt considered was being called evil in the poem and someone said everyone that works at Planned Parenthood.  I then suggested just because I think an industry is evil doesn't mean I think the people who work in that industry are evil. Then someone said I was stepping away from reality to suggest this.

So I'm pretty sure you still didn't answer the question posed, but at least you attempted after about 8 posts.

BTW, the OP is about someone being discriminated against

RE: Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims - BmorePat87 - 09-13-2015

(09-13-2015, 01:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess we just disagree if you think the business did something amazing here. Not that I am surprised. 

Put some ice on your bruised vagina.

RE: Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-14-2015

(09-13-2015, 10:15 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Something like that, except Davis refused because of her religious beliefs. A view or opinion can be scrutinized. A religious belief is final.

Yes, I understand that statement opens up a whole new can of worms, but that's it in a nutshell... remember that views and opinions are not protected. Religion is.

A Muslim refusing to sell you a beer can't be scrutinized because a religious belief is final.

A Jew refusing to sell you pork can't be scrutinized because a religious belief is final.

A Catholic refusing to sell you a condom can't be scrutinized because a religious belief is final.

Amish refusing to sell you a belt can't be scrutinized because a religious belief is final.

Remember religion is protected.

RE: Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-14-2015

(09-13-2015, 12:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The customer here did an amazing thing. She was denied service at one place so she went to a different place to accomplish her mission, instead of returning the next day filming herself being denied service.

How many places in the county can you get a marriage license? 

(09-13-2015, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2. Move into the 21st Century. When is the last time something that you suggest has happened

(09-13-2015, 02:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So about 7 years? I guess I should stay more abreast of current affairs.

Would that be in the 21st centrury?

(09-12-2015, 01:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote:  I am an intelligent guy

When did the 21st century begin?

RE: Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims - Rotobeast - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 02:18 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Amish refusing to sell you a belt can't be scrutinized because a religious belief is final.

I wish I could tell you how many Amish belts I've owned.
They are the best.
You have to go to the tack & harness shop.
ThumbsUp

RE: Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims - bfine32 - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 02:29 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Would that be in the 21st centrury?

When did the 21st century begin?

Oh you took it literally; it's simply a saying that means welcome to the current times. Surprised you've never heard it before, it's pretty common.

(09-14-2015, 10:18 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I wish I could tell you how many Amish belts I've owned.
They are the best.
You have to go to the tack & harness shop.
ThumbsUp

It's been awhile since I've been to the tack shop.

(09-14-2015, 10:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh you took it literally; it's simply a saying that means welcome to the current times. Surprised you've never heard it before, it's pretty common.

So 2009 and 2012 aren't current or 21st century enough?

RE: Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims - bfine32 - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 02:18 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: A Muslim refusing to sell you a beer can't be scrutinized because a religious belief is final.

A Jew refusing to sell you pork can't be scrutinized because a religious belief is final.

A Catholic refusing to sell you a condom can't be scrutinized because a religious belief is final.

Amish refusing to sell you a belt can't be scrutinized because a religious belief is final.

Remember religion is protected.

How many places in the county can you get an Amish belt?

(09-14-2015, 10:35 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So 2009 and 2012 aren't current or 21st century enough?

I would not call 1 incident 7 years ago as current. But that's just me; it's a judgement call. Apparently you do or are just being petty.

(09-13-2015, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. Watch the movie The Insider

You're example is a movie from 1999.

(09-14-2015, 10:52 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're example is a movie from 1999.

Good work.

RE: Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims - Rotobeast - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 10:52 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're example is a movie from 1999.

Every movie made after Y2K was created by Skynet.
Ninja

(09-14-2015, 10:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How many places in the county can you get an Amish belt?

I don't know.

Quid pro quo, Clarise. How many places in the county can you get a marriage license?