Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims
(09-13-2015, 01:41 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Well I've heard of bomb threats to PP(plus murder attempts on it's staff).  Philip Morris not so much.  I don't really think they're comparable.

Edit I quoted and responded to your original response of just "Yes".

Well you consider them different; I do not
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I can't see anything wrong with the prayer. If the worker is in a position to make a judgement call based on their interpretation and they did, don't fire them.

It seems like it worked itself out when someone in a higher pay grade was able to determine it didn't violate their policy.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

This poem was obviously written in the wake of the baby parts scandal. Even the staunchest but sincere pro abortionist can't deny there is evildoing there. The insincere pro abortionist however will deny evildoing and instead charge that those videos were edited or some sort of bullshit like that.

The poem points out what they perceive as the evilness of the industry, not a person, just as leftists would point out gun manufacturing as being evil.
But that doesn't dismiss that there are evil people at PP as evidenced by those videos.

...and while we are talking about lefties, lets call the hamburger flipper at McDonalds evil because McDonalds Corp. is evil by making people fat.

Even if the poem singled out a person, it's irrelevant..the poem does not attack a race, an ethnicity, a creed, or sexual orientation.

Simply put, the Office Depot person was being a dick because the poem isn't in line with his views or opinions.
(09-13-2015, 01:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, they both do what their industry allows

The just following orders defense?
(09-13-2015, 09:35 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Simply put, the Office Depot person was being a dick because the poem isn't in line with his views or opinions.

Like the KY clerk Kim Davis not issuing marriage licenses based upon her views and opinions ?
(09-13-2015, 09:35 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: This poem was obviously written in the wake of the baby parts scandal. Even the staunchest but sincere pro abortionist can't deny there is evildoing there. The insincere pro abortionist however will deny evildoing and instead charge that those videos were edited or some sort of bullshit like that.

The poem points out what they perceive as the evilness of the industry, not a person, just as leftists would point out gun manufacturing as being evil.
But that doesn't dismiss that there are evil people at PP as evidenced by those videos.

Interesting stance since every investigation prompted by those videos I have seen has showed no wrong doing.

But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of fear mongering.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-13-2015, 09:51 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Like the KY clerk Kim Davis not issuing marriage licenses based upon her views and opinions ?

Something like that, except Davis refused because of her religious beliefs. A view or opinion can be scrutinized. A religious belief is final.

Yes, I understand that statement opens up a whole new can of worms, but that's it in a nutshell... remember that views and opinions are not protected. Religion is.
(09-13-2015, 10:12 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Interesting stance since every investigation prompted by those videos I have seen has showed no wrong doing.

But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of fear mongering.

But lets not let charges of fear mongering deflect from the thread topic.

The Office Depot guy was being a dick don't you think?
The customer here did an amazing thing. She was denied service at one place so she went to a different place to accomplish her mission, instead of returning the next day filming herself being denied service.

The business here did an amazing thing. They offered the customer accommodations so that her service could still be performed at the store instead of just refusing any service because of their religion.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-13-2015, 01:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well you consider them different; I do not

There have not been any Philip Morris employees murdered for making cigarettes.

You really can't compare the two unless you just want to step away from reality.
The problem here is that you have people making decisions they are not trained to make. I'd bet that most people working at Home Depot asked to make these decisions are not highly trained in that area.

I don't see anything wrong with this prayer, but I definitely see how some of the inflammatory language could cause some concern. So some person, most likely with a strong pro-choice position, made the wrong decision. The company did the right thing and corrected the mistake. Not a lot to get too bent out of shape over.
(09-13-2015, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There have not been any Philip Morris employees murdered for making cigarettes.

You really can't compare the two unless you just want to step away from reality.

three things:

1. Watch the movie The Insider

2. Move into the 21st Century. When is the last time something that you suggest has happened

3. What does the fact that I do not consider either person to be evil because of who they work for have to do with me stepping away from reality?

(09-13-2015, 12:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The business here did an amazing thing. They offered the customer accommodations so that her service could still be performed at the store instead of just refusing any service because of their religion.

Guess we just disagree if you think the business did something amazing here. Not that I am surprised. 

(09-13-2015, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: three things:

1. Watch the movie The Insider

It's been a while since I have seen that movie, but I don't remember anyone getting killed for making cigarettes.

Wasn't that about a guy who was getting death threats for trying to STOP people from making cigarettes?
(09-13-2015, 02:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It's been a while since I have seen that movie, but I don't remember anyone getting killed for making cigarettes.

Wasn't that about a guy who was getting death threats for trying to STOP people from making cigarettes?
He didn't try to STOP anyone from making cigarettes, he just exposed the addictive additives of tobacco in cigarettes. For this him and his family received death threats and possibly at least one attempt was made.

I did notice you failed to answer the question posed to you; simply just asked another one. Very Lawyer-like 

(09-13-2015, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2. Move into the 21st Century. When is the last time something that you suggest has happened

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2015/01/28/threats-abortion-providers-doubled-since-2010-report-finds/

Threats Against Abortion Providers Have Doubled Since 2010, Report Finds

Abortion clinics nationwide face significant threats of harassment, intimidation, and violence, according to a new reportshowing that threats of violence against abortion providers have doubled since 2010.

The survey of 242 abortion providers in the United States found that there has been significantly higher levels of threats and targeted intimidation of doctors and staff in recent years. The report comes as widespread intimidation tactics were deployed against clinics during the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court’s 1973 decision affirming a woman’s right to choose an abortion.
(09-13-2015, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2. Move into the 21st Century. When is the last time something that you suggest has happened

Murder? 2009. Bombing? 2012.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-13-2015, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2015/01/28/threats-abortion-providers-doubled-since-2010-report-finds/

Threats Against Abortion Providers Have Doubled Since 2010, Report Finds

Abortion clinics nationwide face significant threats of harassment, intimidation, and violence, according to a new reportshowing that threats of violence against abortion providers have doubled since 2010.

The survey of 242 abortion providers in the United States found that there has been significantly higher levels of threats and targeted intimidation of doctors and staff in recent years. The report comes as widespread intimidation tactics were deployed against clinics during the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court’s 1973 decision affirming a woman’s right to choose an abortion.
The Feminist Majority Foundation?

(09-13-2015, 02:06 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Murder? 2009. Bombing? 2012.

So about 7 years? I guess I should stay more abreast of current affairs.