Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
We’re probably stuck with Taylor - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: We’re probably stuck with Taylor (/Thread-We%E2%80%99re-probably-stuck-with-Taylor)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - Nicomo Cosca - 10-19-2020

(10-19-2020, 02:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: With the exception of Alexander and Bell, all of those free agents are not on the field due to injury. Not exactly Taylor's fault. And how many DT's have we lost now... 6?

Sims and Thomas are both playing. Neither had a good game yesterday.

(10-19-2020, 03:25 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I look at Taylor like Syphilis. They said it could not be cured then came penicillin. May someone please step up and be our penicillin.

Did anyone make it past the first sentence without bursting out into laughter? LOL

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - fredtoast - 10-19-2020

(10-19-2020, 10:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Are all of you new here. Mike Brown is not going to fire any coach without giving them at least 3 years to get their guys and implement their systems. Never has, never will.

Wrong.

He fired LeBeau after just giving him two drafts and two offseasons to get "his guys".

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - Bengalholic - 10-19-2020

(10-19-2020, 04:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong.

He fired LeBeau after just giving him two drafts and two offseasons to get "his guys".

The only coach Mike has ever technically fired is Dave Shula. Coslet quit, LeBeau's contract expired...and both Mike and Marvin said that the decision to part ways was mutual.

(10-19-2020, 04:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The only coach Mike has ever technically fired is Dave Shula. Coslet quit, LeBeau's contract expired...and both Mike and Marvin said that the decision to part ways was mutual.

That’s actually crazy when you think about it. He’s only fired one coach in 30 years? We don’t have to “turn into Cleveland” but ffs can we be a little more decisive than that?

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - Bengalholic - 10-19-2020

(10-19-2020, 04:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s actually crazy when you think about it.  He’s only fired one coach in 30 years? We don’t have to “turn into Cleveland” but ffs can we be a little more decisive than that?

And the one coach that he did actually fire got a 2 year extension after winning less games in his second year.  Mellow

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - Bengalfan4life27c - 10-19-2020

I'm convinced we could have Munoz or Whit in their prime Munoz would be moved to G and Whit would be a backup because neither are his guys.

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - J24 - 10-19-2020

I have a feeling that Paul Guenther will be our Head Coach and Hue Jackson will be our offensive Coordinator this time next season.

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - Bengalfan4life27c - 10-19-2020

(10-19-2020, 05:44 PM)J24 Wrote: I have a feeling that Paul Guenther will be our Head Coach and Hue Jackson will be our offensive Coordinator this time next season.

Id rather have Jay Gruden as head coach. He gets it with what we have in Burrow. Talk Rex out of the ESPN booth to coach the D. That would be ideal.

(10-19-2020, 05:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Id rather have Jay Gruden as head coach. He gets it with what we have in Burrow. Talk Rex out of the ESPN booth to coach the D. That would be ideal.

That's a hard no for me on both of those guys. Anyways I think there is bad blood with Gruden here anyways from the playoff game in 2014 vs the Chargers.

(10-19-2020, 05:52 PM)J24 Wrote: That's a hard no for me on both of those guys. Anyways I think there is bad blood with Green here anyways from the playoff game in 2014 vs the Chargers.

AJ is probably not going to be here next year anyway.

Also, you guys really need to think outside the box. The obsession with coaching retreads on this board is extremely weird.

I’ve now seen suggestions of Marvin, Jay, Hue, Zimmer, Guenther, and Vance Joseph. Am I leaving anyone out?

(10-19-2020, 05:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AJ is probably not going to be here next year anyway.

Also, you guys really need to think outside the box. The obsession with coaching retreads on this board is extremely weird.

I’ve now seen suggestions of Marvin, Jay, Hue, Zimmer, Guenther, and Vance Joseph. Am I leaving anyone out?

Gruden not  Green not sure why I typed Green.

Anyways it's not what I want it's what I think is going to happen. Personally couldn't stand Gunther.
If it was up to me I would hire McDaniels or D coordinator from the 49ers.

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - Tony - 10-19-2020

This is a big part of what's wrong around Bengal land. Never any accountability until its years to late.. I heard on an podcast Mikey was crying when Marvin left because they had that type of relationship. Also heard Duke is the one who went all out to bring Zack in. Yup, I wouldn't be suprised if he gets 5 years no matter what. This organization up top doesn't like to admit failure even though most see them as the worst franchise in all of sports... Depressing, I must say..

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-19-2020

(10-19-2020, 12:35 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If they don’t fire Jim Turner at the end of the WEEK I’ll be upset

Fixed it!

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - OUatown - 10-20-2020

(10-19-2020, 10:35 AM)corpjet Wrote: My hope is Mike Zimmer is let go in Minny and we bring him in as DC and potentially a HC in waiting if things dont improve for ZT

At the minimum going into 2021 Zac needs to fire Jim Turner and relinquish play calling

That should happen during the bye week in my humble opinion

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - OUatown - 10-20-2020

(10-19-2020, 10:57 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No they didn't.

If they had played well enough to beat the Colts then they would have beaten the Colts.  You know we lost, right?

And they spotted us 21

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - Murdock2420 - 10-20-2020

(10-19-2020, 05:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AJ is probably not going to be here next year anyway.

Talking for HC or just in general, cause add Wade Phillips on the defense Coordinator list.

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - Sled21 - 10-20-2020

(10-19-2020, 04:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sims and Thomas are both playing. Neither had a good game yesterday.

Yeah, but they're not the big money FA's people are referring to....

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - TecmoBengals - 10-20-2020

People also suggest the obvious "fire Zac and make Simmons the interim-head coach." Although such perspective is based on realism, I think it echoes the lack of outside the box thinking you reference. If Zac is fired, and Simmons becomes the interim-head coach, then the probable Mike Brown move would be to give Simmons a three year deal to be the head coach. Thus, continuing the Bungle cycle since Simmons would continue the Bengal way (whatever it is).

RE: We’re probably stuck with Taylor - BacknDaDey - 10-20-2020

I'm not a Zack Taylor fan by any means, because of his questionable play calling and listening to his same old tired excuses after losses. Case in point is 3rd and 1 and he went with a fullback dive with Perine for no gain. Perine hadn't carried the rock all year in a game. He then decides to kick a field goal when the Bengals are 9 for 10 or 11 on fourth down conversions. Also 3rd and 1 from the shotgun on numerous occasions throughout his brief coaching career isn't a favorite of mine. I also think he had a hand in Lou only rushing 3. Unfortunately I am in with the ones who want Zack, Lou and Turner axed at the end of the year. My problem with that is I think it sets the Bengals back several years learning another system and coaches.

Think about this. If the Bengals had scored 1 more TD in 3 of the 4 losses and the tie, they would be 5-1, and football analysts would be talking up Taylor for coach of the year (is that a scary thought?). I know people hate the should of, would of, could of analogies but it was all a possibility.

I also believe Zack wasn't used to coaching with a huge lead keeping your foot on the gas and fell into the old...."play not to lose syndrome".