Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jo Cox MP - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Jo Cox MP (/Thread-Jo-Cox-MP)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Jo Cox MP - YorkshireBengal - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 10:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I will actually have to ask how my brother-in-law voted. He has retained his citizenship (he is a fellow Yorkshire man, Sheffield). I could see him going either way, even being more liberal. Though now that I am typing this out I am thinking he would have voted to remain. Even so, the fact I really have to think about it for him shows how much this issue can really cause division in ideologies.

Ah I go to the University of Sheffield, how nice

Oh yeah huge splits in ideology, i'd say my dad leans further to the right than me and he'll be voting to remain.

I voted leave, but I am not firmly on either side. I made my decision came down to how democratic the EU is

RE: Jo Cox MP - rfaulk34 - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 05:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Matt is the only other poster here who has kept up on this topic as much as I have... 

Mellow

RE: Jo Cox MP - StLucieBengal - 06-22-2016

(06-21-2016, 11:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mellow

Sorry.... Faulk as well 

(06-21-2016, 10:30 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Some places in Britain have got a heavy Muslim presence:
Luton, Bradford, Batley/Dewsbury
Some Islam marches have caused a lot of trouble
I remember there were full scale riots in Oldham a few years back over something fairly innocuous
Britain first and similar groups have seemingly risen in response to such incidents

I'm glad you posted this because some here don't believe that places like Luton and others are almost no go zones.    

I always thought EDL was more far right and Britain first was more anti immigrant based group.   At least from the stuff I have seen on YouTube.    It's interesting to hear your perspective.   

RE: Jo Cox MP - YorkshireBengal - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 12:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I'm glad you posted this because some here don't believe that places like Luton and others are almost no go zones.    

I always thought EDL was more far right and Britain first was more anti immigrant based group.   At least from the stuff I have seen on YouTube.    It's interesting to hear your perspective.   

I think both groups are closely linked

Some areas in this country attract different ethnic groups and religions
In my hometown eastern European migration is the most prominent

RE: Jo Cox MP - Belsnickel - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 07:58 AM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: I think both groups are closely linked

Some areas in this country attract different ethnic groups and religions
In my hometown eastern European migration is the most prominent

I was reading up on your town because I had never heard of it, seems you all have higher than usual immigration rates overall, including a higher percentage of Muslims. Not like Greater London, but still a higher than average number for Britain.

RE: Jo Cox MP - GMDino - 06-22-2016

(06-21-2016, 10:30 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Some places in Britain have got a heavy Muslim presence:
Luton, Bradford, Batley/Dewsbury
Some Islam marches have caused a lot of trouble
I remember there were full scale riots in Oldham a few years back over something fairly innocuous
Britain first and similar groups have seemingly risen in response to such incidents

(06-22-2016, 12:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I'm glad you posted this because some here don't believe that places like Luton and others are almost no go zones.    

The disconnect between what is written and your replies continues to amaze me.

RE: Jo Cox MP - Griever - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 09:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: The disconnect between what is written and your replies continues to amaze me.

hes afraid of brown people

(06-22-2016, 09:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: The disconnect between what is written and your replies continues to amaze me.

Your disconnect is unbelievable.  The fact that want to put your head In the sand is amazing.    

Please go read up on these areas.   There is a reason Britain first and the EDL goes into the areas and marches.   

(06-22-2016, 01:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Your disconnect is unbelievable.  The fact that want to put your head In the sand is amazing.  

You think there are "no go zones" and someone says there are more heavily Muslim areas so you think you are right. Unbelieveable. 

(06-22-2016, 01:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Please go read up on these areas.   There is a reason Britain first and the EDL goes into the areas and marches.   

Sure there is a reason. They hate minorities. I read it. I asked if you supported them and you wouldn't answer. Your silence, for once, speaks volumes.

(06-22-2016, 02:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: You think there are "no go zones" and someone says there are more heavily Muslim areas so you think you are right.  Unbelieveable. 

Sure there is a reason.  They hate minorities.  I read it.  I asked if you supported them and you wouldn't answer.  Your silence, for once, speaks volumes.

Your ignorance must be bliss.   

No wonder you were a virgin for so long.  

RE: Jo Cox MP - Millhouse - 06-22-2016

(06-21-2016, 10:55 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Ah I go to the University of Sheffield, how nice

Oh yeah huge splits in ideology, i'd say my dad leans further to the right than me and he'll be voting to remain.

I voted leave, but I am not firmly on either side. I made my decision came down to how democratic the EU is

That would probably be how I would vote too. One thing the U.S. has always prided itself on was our own sovereignty, and I always thought of the U.K. being very similar to us in that regard. An equivalent of the EU over here would be an union of Canada, Mexico, U.S., Columbia, and Cuba for example. I couldn't imagine in a million years that Americans would like to see their tax dollars go to that union that had a council of some kind deciding on trade, immigration, bailout, etc sort of issues that overrode our own interests. Maybe I am looking at it wrong, but isnt that what the EU basically is in regards to the U.K? 

(06-22-2016, 02:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Your ignorance must be bliss.

Lucy you saying over and over the same thing doesn't make it true.

There are not "no go zones".

(06-22-2016, 02:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No wonder you were a virgin for so long.  

Mellow

(06-18-2016, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hows about we just roll with the old rule. Attack the message, not the messenger?

Personal slights aside I remember the boys like you in school. Had to pretend they were putting their rods into every available female to show how "manly" they were. Sad to see some of them never grew up. But it's cute that when someone chose to have sex is your best and only comeback.

RE: Jo Cox MP - Griever - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 02:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Lucy you saying over and over the same thing doesn't make it true.

Mellow

Personal slights aside I remember the boys like you in school.  Had to pretend they were putting their rods into every available female to show how "manly" they were.  Sad to see some of them never grew up.  But it's cute that when someone chose to have sex is your best and only comeback.

yeah dont you want one of those cool STDs

i guess you could have ordered yours from a foreign country

(06-22-2016, 03:01 PM)Griever Wrote: yeah dont you want one of those cool STDs

i guess you could have ordered yours from a foreign country

ThumbsUp

Edit: My mother always threatened to send away to Italy for a girl if I didn't get married! LOL!

RE: Jo Cox MP - rfaulk34 - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 12:47 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sorry.... Faulk as well 

Thanks, but i was thinking more, Yorkshire.

RE: Jo Cox MP - Belsnickel - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 02:27 PM)Millhouse Wrote: That would probably be how I would vote too. One thing the U.S. has always prided itself on was our own sovereignty, and I always thought of the U.K. being very similar to us in that regard. An equivalent of the EU over here would be an union of Canada, Mexico, U.S., Columbia, and Cuba for example. I couldn't imagine in a million years that Americans would like to see their tax dollars go to that union that had a council of some kind deciding on trade, immigration, bailout, etc sort of issues that overrode our own interests. Maybe I am looking at it wrong, but isnt that what the EU basically is in regards to the U.K? 

Yes and no. As someone from the UK put it on NPR this morning, sovereignty isn't like virginity where you either have it or you don't. There are degrees to it. The UK has significantly more sovereignty than any other EU country. They are a major power that has a huge role in shaping policies, and EU laws and policies are voted on by directly elected representatives. The very fact the UK can have this referendum shows a level of sovereignty.

So a lot of the stuff flying around is quite hyperbolic, really. The biggest fact is there should be a vote on this. In my opinion, every member state should have a vote on this, maybe every ten years. It allows the people to keep the decision current.

(06-22-2016, 02:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Lucy you saying over and over the same thing doesn't make it true.

Mellow

Personal slights aside I remember the boys like you in school.  Had to pretend they were putting their rods into every available female to show how "manly" they were.  Sad to see some of them never grew up.  But it's cute that when someone chose to have sex is your best and only comeback.

spoken like a true RWK.   

(06-22-2016, 03:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Thanks, but i was thinking more, Yorkshire.

I wasn't aware he had been posting on the topic other than that thread.   I was referring to the other past threads on the EU vote.   

(06-22-2016, 03:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: ThumbsUp

Edit:  My mother always threatened to send away to Italy for a girl if I didn't get married!  LOL!

Yeah she was probably worried you were gay.