Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (/Thread-Report-Burrow-pushing-for-Bengals-to-draft-Chase)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Earendil - 04-05-2021

My ignore list is starting to get a bit crowded.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Rubekahn29 - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 07:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea you sure showed him

yuck

get back to parenting instead of crying to me

I’m so grateful for your amazing contribution to this forum. Do not know what I would do without it.

PS- because I am sure sarcasm escapes your cognitive ability, that was not genuine. Figured you could use the help.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 07:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: this is rich coming from you

How so? Guys like you and spinning vinyl have been combative with me since the day you joined here because I was critical of Dalton (you made it quite clear that was why). I otoh never had a problem with people that held a vastly different opinion of him. In fact, I’ve always liked guys like Shake, Wyche, etc because we could disagree in a respectful and civil way. You should try it sometime.

(04-05-2021, 08:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How so? Guys like you and spinning vinyl have been combative with me since the day you joined here because I was critical of Dalton (you made it quite clear that was why). I otoh never had a problem with people that held a vastly different opinion of him. In fact, I’ve always liked guys like Shake, Wyche, etc because we could disagree in a respectful and civil way. You should try it sometime.

All disrespect and no substance is just is a sign of someone who has no valuable information to offer.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-05-2021

Shitty human beings are shitty human beings.

It's too bad there are a bunch on here.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Bengalholic - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 07:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: Tobin confirmed in his podcast interview with Dan Hoard He has talked to “engaged” Joe about the draft. Also, he notes OL is deeper than WR with potential starting grade guys in the 2nd and 3rd.

He also said they're in position to go BPA, and not pass on a 'super talented' player to take a position of need.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Frank Booth - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 08:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Shitty human beings are shitty human beings.

It's too bad there are a bunch on here.

kind of harsh, eh?

give rubekhan a break. Guy has kids

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Au165 - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 08:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He also said they're in position to go BPA, and not pass on a 'super talented' player to take a position of need.

Which says Pitts is in play to me...

I’m #teamPitts

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Bengalholic - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 08:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: Which says Pitts is in play to me...

I’m #teamPitts

I am as well, but I think we're the extreme minority. LOL

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 04-05-2021

#teamanyofthe3

Plenty of room on board.

(04-05-2021, 08:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: #teamanyofthe3

Plenty of room on board.

Yep.

While my order of preference is Pitts, Sewell, then Chase...I'll be ecstatic with any of them. They are all incredibly talented, should have an immediate impact and will make this a better team overall. 

(04-05-2021, 08:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep.

While my order of preference is Pitts, Sewell, then Chase...I'll be ecstatic with any of them. They are all incredibly talented, should have an immediate impact and will make this a better team overall. 

Yes we are incredibly lucky to have a 99% chance at at least 2 of the 3 as it is almost guaranteed 1-3 will be QB (has that ever happened before) and even a chance 4 is QB. So getting the pick of the three best non-QB players is a pretty great position to be in.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - jfkbengals - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 08:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: #teamanyofthe3

Plenty of room on board.

(04-05-2021, 08:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep.

We need to figure out a way to trade up to 6 and 7 as well,so all 3 will be in stripes...

(04-05-2021, 08:43 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yes we are incredibly lucky to have a 99% chance at at least 2 of the 3 as it is almost guaranteed 1-3 will be QB (has that ever happened before) and even a chance 4 is QB. So getting the pick of the three best non-QB players is a pretty great position to be in.

I think 1-3 has happened before, but never 1-4.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - jason - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 08:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I am as well, but I think we're the extreme minority. LOL

I'd take that guy all day... I'm slightly afraid of how Zac would utilize him though. I'm a lil afraid of Sewell coming outta Oregon too. I have little to no fear about Chase transitioning to the NFL.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - masterpanthera_t - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 08:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I am as well, but I think we're the extreme minority. LOL

I was too like three days ago,  but I'm back to leaning Sewell. I'm not sure KP is better than Vernon Davis. But Vernon's career isn't too bad if we get that from a #5 pick.  I'm obviously not sure about this, but I think Penei could be our next Munoz also taken from the PAC. I mean Willie Anderson was also just 20 years old when we drafted him, just like Sewell is right now.  

I honestly don't mind whatever the team does.  Even if they trade down and take Darrisaw or Slater and get an extra 2nd round pick. At this point I just hope for good luck more than anything. Something this franchise hasn't had much of and of course with their incompetence don't deserve much of either. I just hope one of the smallest scouting departments in the league just ends up getting it right this year,  whatever they do. 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Shake n Blake - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 02:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It seems to me that most Team Chase peeps would be just as happy with Sewell.  It's Team Sewell that's on suicide watch if we don't draft him.

(Some of) the Chase people are doing a good job of saying "I'm happy w/ anyone" ... as they argue for 31 pages that Chase is the better choice. Hilarious

Here, I'll just say it too. Sewell should be the pick, but I'm happy w/ anyone. See, I can be Mr Objective, too. Mellow  

(04-05-2021, 10:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Chase people are doing a good job of saying "I'm happy w/ anyone" ... as they argue for 31 pages that Chase is the better choice. Hilarious

Here, I'll just say it too. Sewell should be the pick, but I'm happy w/ anyone. See, I can be Mr Objective, too. Mellow  

C’mon Shake, that’s not what’s happening at all. Most that want Chase would probably also be every bit as happy with Pitts, too. And it’s not so much that anyone on the other side is locked in on Sewell, as it is OL no matter what.

Anyway, it’s kind of hard to “prove” that we will be happy with any of the 3 (I assure you it’s true in my case), so I guess we’ll just have to wait until the pick is actually made and see how folks react.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Shake n Blake - 04-05-2021

In all seriousness, we will wind up with a great player no matter what. I don't think anyone has ever disputed that. Some just want to see the Bengals take the line as the serious issue it truly is. That doesn't mean I think Ja'Marr Chase is hot garbage. Quite the opposite.

(04-05-2021, 10:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: C’mon Shake, that’s not what’s happening at all. Most that want Chase would probably also be every bit as happy with Pitts, too. And it’s not so much that anyone on the other side is locked in on Sewell, as it is OL no matter what.

Anyway, it’s kind of hard to “prove” that we will be happy with any of the 3 (I assure you it’s true in my case), so I guess we’ll just have to wait until the pick is actually made and see how folks react.

If one side gets mad, that doesn't make them wrong, either. Time will tell...if we take Chase and the line stays a problem.

I feel like some of you are trying to paint the other side as unreasonable, but the "unreasonable" side may be right in the end.

I know I've been deemed unreasonable in the past and been correct.