Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - michaelsean - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I agree, browns have an elite defense, an elite o-line with the best RB duo in the league, and now they just grabbed a top 10 QB who also happens to be a duel threat

They don’t or won’t have all that anymore. They will certainly have to get rid of Hunt. Clowned is gone isn’t he? And there will be more.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - GodFather - 03-19-2022

There are so many contradicting stories out there, we will see how things unfold. I feel people are just over the top with this story. Next we will have a story about someone seeing him at the airport and asking him if he will sign in Cincy and it will be in every tweet and podcast minutes later. LOL

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Soonerpeace - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: I just read on twitter from all the sports beat writers, Collins left Cincy and is going to Miami for a meeting with them. So we will see what transpires..

He was at Kenwood Mall 45 minutes ago. I posted his (link)picture with a fan.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-19-2022

Bunch of sissymarys fall apart at the first sign of adversity...

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - reuben.ahmed - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:25 PM)GodFather Wrote: There are so many contradicting stories out there, we will see how things unfold. I feel people are just over the top with this story. Next we will have a story about someone seeing him at the airport and asking him if he will sign in Cincy and it will be in every tweet and podcast minutes later. LOL

That basically just happened. lol

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Frank Booth - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:25 PM)GodFather Wrote: There are so many contradicting stories out there, we will see how things unfold. I feel people are just over the top with this story. Next we will have a story about someone seeing him at the airport and asking him if he will sign in Cincy and it will be in every tweet and podcast minutes later. LOL

He’ll visit with them for sure. Dolphins have big time o-line issues, and their qb is a lefty, so the RT is now the blindside protector. He can get LT money in Miami. Plus,majority of Nfl players have a boner for the city of miami

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Tiger Teeth - 03-19-2022

Hi everyone. I have been on an extended leave of absence from all things sports related since the game. In fact, this is the first post I've made in JN since that night. There's a thread in Klotsch explaining a lot of why, for those of you who care.

Anywho kids. It's time for me to get back in here. I know that tickles many who love my use of gifs and open talk about cannabis, deal with me. And FYI, I just came in from the garage.
[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

But, since I'm back, is there a list somewhere of who has signed and stuff? I'm as clueless as fred facing a raccoon with a stick!
[Image: golden-girls-laughing-hysterically.gif]

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Joelist - 03-19-2022

I checked the beat writers - NONE say he is headed anywhere else just that the visit ended.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Soonerpeace - 03-19-2022

Already has except Kenwood Mall 45 minutes ago. Just posted a few minutes ago the link on twitter https://twitter.com/bengalsblohm/status/1505254640891449344?s=21

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Shake n Blake - 03-19-2022

Will be fun to watch all the 180s if we sign Collins.

"Yay! Collins in for a visit! Katie is in charge now!"
*Collins leaves with no deal*
"This dude was in and out of the lineup. If he's so good, why did Jerry dump him?"
*Collins signs*
"We now have a top 10 line and will win all teh Sooper Bowlz!"

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - reuben.ahmed - 03-19-2022

Maybe we should be in Free agency/rumors now lol.

If we sign collins it'll be like the game day thread "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!! WE CAME BACK FROM BEING DOWN FITTY".

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Ell Prez - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He’ll visit with them for sure. Dolphins have big time o-line issues, and their qb is a lefty, so the RT is now the blindside protector. He can get LT money in Miami. Plus,majority of Nfl players have a boner for the city of miami

Great weather, zero state taxes. Best beaches in the US. I grew up in Cincinnati and moved quite a lot after college. Moved to S Florida 5 years ago and we love it. We’re 1 hour n of Miami.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - KillerGoose - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They don’t or won’t have all that anymore. They will certainly have to get rid of Hunt. Clowned is gone isn’t he?  And there will be more.

They have pretty substantial contract in front of Clowney from what I understand. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not. Especially “you can just cut guys later.” It doesn’t work like that. Players aren’t going to sign for no guaranteed money.

Yes, it does work like that. There are a lot of ways to move money around. And cutting players is one of them. I can't even count how many players are cut every offseason to save cap space. Look at our players contracts. They never have guaranteed money after the first few years. And that is a big reason for missing out on bigger name guys. They want that assurance. I don't blame them cause in the NFL you get cut all the time to make cap space.

(03-19-2022, 04:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He’ll visit with them for sure. Dolphins have big time o-line issues, and their qb is a lefty, so the RT is now the blindside protector. He can get LT money in Miami. Plus,majority of Nfl players have a boner for the city of miami

Young millionaire athletes, tons of nightlife, fantastic weather year round, great beaches and plenty of beautiful, foreign women. Makes sense to me. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Shake n Blake - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:27 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Hi everyone. I have been on an extended leave of absence from all things sports related since the game. In fact, this is the first post I've made in JN since that night. There's a thread in Klotsch explaining a lot of why, for those of you who care.

Anywho kids. It's time for me to get back in here. I know that tickles many who love my use of gifs and open talk about cannabis, deal with me. And FYI, I just came in from the garage.
[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

But, since I'm back, is there a list somewhere of who has signed and stuff? I'm as clueless as fred facing a raccoon with a stick!
[Image: golden-girls-laughing-hysterically.gif]

Signed:
Karras - C
Cappa - RG
Hurst - TE
BJ Hill - DT
Apple - CB
Bates - S (franchised)
Allen - QB

Lost:
Ogunjobi - DT
Uzomah - TE
Hopkins - C

I may be leaving out a couple

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Ell Prez - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:19 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Burrow is not playing out his rookie contract without a contract extension and neither is Chase. We may see rumbles of an extension for Burrow as early as next season. Patrick Mahomes signed his fat contract after this third season. Higgins will be up for extension in two seasons. I don't think your assessment is accurate. 

Bengals don’t have to resign during their rookie years. Think burrow will sit out of he doesn’t get a new contract? Me neither. I think my scenario is more likely.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Young millionaire athletes, tons of nightlife, fantastic weather year round, great beaches and plenty of beautiful, foreign women. Makes sense to me. 

Lol. Does Tua even need a good Oline? From what I have seen he can't throw it far enough down the field with any accuracy to warrant very long protection in the pocket. Lmao. Sorry could not resist the shot at Tua. He sucks

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 04:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Young millionaire athletes, tons of nightlife, fantastic weather year round, great beaches and plenty of beautiful, foreign women. Makes sense to me. 

You guys realize these players can live anywhere they want, right? Bates and Dunlap both lived in Fla while playing for Cincy. 

(03-19-2022, 04:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You guys realize these players can live anywhere they want, right? Bates and Dunlap both lived in Fla while playing for Cincy. 

Yes, but not during the season. These guys live in Cincinnati from July-end of season, so January or February. For 6-7 months, they are in Cincinnati.