Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question (/Thread-Transgender-Bathroom-Locker-Room-Question)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - StLucieBengal - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 12:44 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: This article really doesn't help the trans position.
This woman was afraid of a man in the ladies room.
Wouldn't the same effect happen when a trans woman rolls in there with a 5 o'clock shadow ?
Just seems ironic to me.

Agreed.   This lady obviously had an agenda if she was going straight to Facebook with a video.    How many liberals take shots at Walmart....   

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - BmorePat87 - 05-17-2016

(05-16-2016, 11:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://http://www.acpeds.org/about-us

I see no mention of politics in there.

Really?

Quote:Mission of the College

The Mission of the American College of Pediatricians is to enable all children to reach their optimal physical and emotional health and well-being. To this end, we recognize the basic father-mother family unit, within the context of marriage, to be the optimal setting for childhood development, but pledge our support to all children, regardless of their circumstances.
Vision of the College
The American College of Pediatricians promotes a society where all children, from the moment of their conception, are valued unselfishly. We encourage mothers, fathers and families to advance the needs of their children above their own. We expect societal forces to support the two-parent, father-mother family unit and provide for children role models of ethical character and responsible behavior.
Core Values of the College
The American College of Pediatricians:
  1. Recognizes that there are absolutes and scientific truths that transcend relative social considerations of the day.
  2. Recognizes that good medical science cannot exist in a moral vacuum and pledges to promote such science.
  3. Recognizes the fundamental mother-father family unit, within the context of marriage, to be the optimal setting for the development and nurturing of children and pledges to promote this unit.
  4. Recognizes the unique value of every human life from the time of conception to natural death and pledges to promote research and clinical practice that provides for the healthiest outcome of the child from conception to adulthood.
  5. Recognizes the essential role parents play in encouraging and correcting the child and pledges to protect and promote this role.
  6. Recognizes the physical and emotional benefits of sexual abstinence until marriage and pledges to promote this behavior as the ideal for adolescence.
  7. Recognizes that health professionals caring for children must maintain high ethical and scientific standards and pledges to promote such practice.
  8. Recognizes the vital role the College has in promoting quality education for parents, physicians, and other health professionals.
Objectives of the College
The Objectives of the College are:
  • To foster and stimulate improvements in all aspects of healthcare of infants, children, and adolescents;
  • To promote the basic father-mother family unit as the optimal setting for childhood development, while pledging to support all children, regardless of their circumstances;
  • To affirm that parents have the inalienable right and responsibility to educate and rear their children;
  • To advocate for children at all stages of development, from conception to young adulthood;
  • To cultivate and encourage parental responsibility for and involvement in the child’s life;
  • To engender the honest interpretation of scientific pediatric research, without deference to current political persuasions;
  • To promote the highest standards of medical practice among its Members and within the field of pediatrics;
  • To encourage and support sound, ethical scientific research in all aspects of healthcare for infants, children, and adolescents; and
  • To cooperate with other organizations having similar purposes and standards.

History

The American College of Pediatricians is a national organization of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals dedicated to the health and well-being of children. It was founded by a group of concerned physicians who saw the need for a pediatric organization that would not be influenced by the politically driven pronouncements of the day. The College bases its policies and positions upon scientific truth within a framework of ethical absolutes. Of particular importance to the founders were (as it is today) the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death and the importance of the fundamental mother-father family (female-male) unit in the rearing of children. The first official meeting of the newly formed college was held in Boston in October 2002. Since its inception, it has grown to have membership representation across the U.S. and in several other countries. The College’s home office is in Gainesville, Florida.

That about me page was literally filled with political messages. Compare it to the AAP, the group they broke away from. Maybe it's just me, but it seems odd that a pediatricians' group would focus so much on promoting the male-female parental unit as one of their main goals while the AAP cites a myriad of health and safety issues facing kids and teens as theirs. 

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 01:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Really?

That about me page was literally filled with political messages. Compare it to the AAP, the group they broke away from. Maybe it's just me, but it seems odd that a pediatricians' group would focus so much on promoting the male-female parental unit as one of their main goals while the AAP cites a myriad of health and safety issues facing kids and teens as theirs. 

I compared it to AAP and they are basically saying the same thing about GID. The ACP just chooses to use more assertive language:

https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/pages/Children-and-Adolescents-With-Gender-Identity-Disorder-Referred-to-a-Pediatric-Medical-Center.aspx?nfstatus=401&nftoken=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&nfstatusdescription=ERROR:+No+local+token

(05-17-2016, 01:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Really?

There is a lot of data that shows a mother and father in the house do a better job than any other combination.    Why is this political?   Stats and studies bare this out as being the best situation for raising a child.  

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 12:44 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: This article really doesn't help the trans position.
This woman was afraid of a man in the ladies room.
Wouldn't the same effect happen when a trans woman rolls in there with a 5 o'clock shadow ?
Just seems ironic to me.

Which is why, if she was transgender she would want to use the ladies room.  fear of some "man" playing the role of law keeper based solely on her looks.

(05-17-2016, 01:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally I cannot believe Dino posted a link of a brown-skinned immigrant following a woman into the bathroom.

Haven't we had enough of that fear mongering?

Who brought up / mentioned the race of any participant?  Oh yeah...the usual suspects.

H e who smelled it....

(05-17-2016, 01:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.   This lady obviously had an agenda if she was going straight to Facebook with a video.    How many liberals take shots at Walmart....   

Yes, to use the bathroom.  Then, as a younger person, she went to social media.  They do that.  it is, as you say, the "proper" thing to do.

Oh and how very "I'm going to change the discussion" of you.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Griever - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 01:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally I cannot believe Dino posted a link of a brown-skinned immigrant following a woman into the bathroom.

Haven't we had enough of that fear mongering?

you mean like the fear mongering going around that trans people molest and assault people?

yeah i think we have all had enough of that

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - BmorePat87 - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 01:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I compared it to AAP and they are basically saying the same thing about GID. The ACP just chooses to use more assertive language:

https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/pages/Children-and-Adolescents-With-Gender-Identity-Disorder-Referred-to-a-Pediatric-Medical-Center.aspx?nfstatus=401&nftoken=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&nfstatusdescription=ERROR:+No+local+token

They're absolutely saying different things... I'm not even sure how you can read that and suggest that they are similar. The AAP recommends therapy for anyone suffering from GID (not anyone who is trans) while the ACP calls any acceptance of being trans "child abuse". The ACP is completely against hormone therapy while the study cited by the AAP notes some success with it but also says more data is needed.

What similarities did you see?

(05-17-2016, 07:13 AM)GMDino Wrote: Which is why, if she was transgender she would want to use the ladies room.  fear of some "man" playing the role of law keeper based solely on her looks.

Who brought up / mentioned the race of any participant?  Oh yeah...the usual suspects.

H e who smelled it....

Yes, to use the bathroom.  Then, as a younger person, she went to social media.  They do that.  it is, as you say, the "proper" thing to do.

Oh and how very "I'm going to change the discussion" of you.

It's legitimate to question this woman's motives.    She purposely butched up...    Most women are ashamed when you think they are a dude.   She was more than excited to go home and make a video and let everyone know she gets mistaken for a dude.   Oh and to tell us all she has a bf.    

Why she needs to announce she has a bf on her own Facebook is surprising .... Shouldn't it be apparent  when her friends see her daily routine?   Especially if she uses Facebook to the point she is making videos.   

No one shames themselves unless they have an agenda and she seems pretty hollow.    Especially considering this legitimately happens to others who aren't setting it up.   

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 10:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's legitimate to question this woman's motives.    She purposely butched up...    Most women are ashamed when you think they are a dude.   She was more than excited to go home and make a video and let everyone know she gets mistaken for a dude.   Oh and to tell us all she has a bf.    

Why she needs to announce she has a bf on her own Facebook is surprising .... Shouldn't it be apparent  when her friends see her daily routine?   Especially if she uses Facebook to the point she is making videos.   

No one shames themselves unless they have an agenda and she seems pretty hollow.    Especially considering this legitimately happens to others who aren't setting it up.   

This is what I mean about you and "real women" and "real men".

Clearly YOU understand that women should look feminine (to your liking) at all times.  Anyone else has an "agenda".

Rolleyes

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - BigPapaKain - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 10:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's legitimate to question this woman's motives.    She purposely butched up...    Most women are ashamed when you think they are a dude.   She was more than excited to go home and make a video and let everyone know she gets mistaken for a dude.   Oh and to tell us all she has a bf.    

You've been missing from reality for quite a while now, have to you?

the only one ive seen with an agenda is you and brad/bfine

can you go back to leaving words out so i can play madlibs at work? (i would also appreciate it if after the blanks you had () and put if we should use a noun, pronoun, verb etc)

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - PhilHos - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 08:27 AM)Griever Wrote: you mean like the fear mongering going around that trans people molest and assault people?

I have not seen a single person that it's in favor of these bathroom bills claim such a thing. I have, however, seen people claim that predators would claim to be trans or whatever in order to facilitate their assaults on people.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Vas Deferens - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 01:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I have not seen a single person that it's in favor of these bathroom bills claim such a thing. I have, however, seen people claim that predators would claim to be trans or whatever in order to facilitate their assaults on people.

You haven't been paying attention to the board bigot.  I understand, its easy to gloss right over that nonsense. 

(05-17-2016, 01:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I have not seen a single person that it's in favor of these bathroom bills claim such a thing. I have, however, seen people claim that predators would claim to be trans or whatever in order to facilitate their assaults on people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/anti-lgbt-group-testing-target-restrooms_us_5727928ce4b01a5ebde63950

the american family association is sending men into womens rooms to instill fear and transphobia in women and children

You are correct Not one person has claimed this ....  These guys just love to run with whatever half thought they think someone said ....    Alinsky tactics alive 

It's always been a safety issue against predators.  

(05-17-2016, 01:37 PM)Griever Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/anti-lgbt-group-testing-target-restrooms_us_5727928ce4b01a5ebde63950

the american family association is sending men into womens rooms to instill fear and transphobia in women and children

And the problem is ?????

That's what the guy in Seattle did ... Now the city has no idea how to move forward.

Women children should fear a man in their. They are in a confined space with 1 exit and at a serious disadvantage physically.

This whole bathroom debate could end with them just using the family bathroom. Instead now we have schools allowing pepper spray to be taken to schools.

Another reason this concern is real is because we are criminally soft on pedo's and rapists. Which needs to change.

(05-17-2016, 01:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And the problem is ?????    

That's what the guy in Seattle did ...  Now the city has no idea how to move forward.    

Women children should fear a man in their.   They are in a confined space with 1 exit and at a serious disadvantage physically.  

This whole bathroom debate could end with them just using the family bathroom.  Instead now we have schools allowing pepper spray to be taken to schools.    

Another reason this concern is real is because we are criminally soft on pedo's and rapists.  Which needs to change.

yeah lets spread irrational fear, that will show those scary, creepy, icky transgenders who is boss

you lost the war on gays, now you guys moved on to transgenders

again, i cant wait to see who you will target next

maybe male pedophiles that are republican/coaches/priests that molest little boys...wait no, nevermind, that won't happen because that ACTUALLY happens

(05-17-2016, 02:08 PM)Griever Wrote: yeah lets spread irrational fear, that will show those scary, creepy, icky transgenders who is boss

you lost the war on gays, now you guys moved on to transgenders

again, i cant wait to see who you will target next

maybe male pedophiles that are republican/coaches/priests that molest little boys...wait no, nevermind, that won't happen because that ACTUALLY happens

I don't have an issue with gays.   They at least know what they want.   Can't say the same for constant morphing of the _______.   

And for your information I have always been outspoken against pedo's.  Which I think is much more of an actual issue and our time should be spent on increasing penalties for them.   Instead we waste time on the bathroom desires of the mentally ill.  

(05-17-2016, 03:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't have an issue with gays.   They at least know what they want.   Can't say the same for constant morphing of the power rangers.   

And for your information I have always been outspoken against pedo's.  Which I think is much more of an actual issue and our time should be spent on increasing penalties for them.   Instead we waste time on the bathroom desires of the mentally ill.  

whoa whoa whoa

what do the power rangers have to do with pedo's?

(05-17-2016, 03:06 PM)Griever Wrote: whoa whoa whoa

what do the power rangers have to do with pedo's?

Odd you chose the group that includes a gay one.   Are you trying to make a connection between gay people and pedo's?     

This is an interesting turn of events.