Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (/Thread-Report-Burrow-pushing-for-Bengals-to-draft-Chase)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Synric - 04-06-2021

PFF Lists Pros and Cons for all the top OL prospects

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-biggest-pro-and-con-for-pffs-top-offensive-line-prospects

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 04-06-2021

(04-06-2021, 10:57 PM)Synric Wrote: PFF Lists Pros and Cons for all the top OL prospects

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-biggest-pro-and-con-for-pffs-top-offensive-line-prospects

What is Sewell grows so large that Joe can't throw over him?

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Synric - 04-06-2021

(04-06-2021, 10:58 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What is Sewell grows so large that Joe can't throw over him?

Untested.

Quote:Biggest con: Untested
The Pac-12 isn’t particularly known as a breeding ground for elite pass-rushing talent, which means that Sewell faced up against many a dud over his college career.

The best pass-rusher in the conference in 2019 was teammate Kayvon Thibodeaux, who is likely to be a very early pick in 2022, and only two other edge defenders outside of Thibodeaux produced a 75.0-plus pass-rush grade that season. For reference, the Big Ten, SEC and ACC each had 10 or more players earn a pass-rush grade above 75.0 in that 2019 campaign.

Sewell has an incredibly high floor as a draft prospect, but when you combine his relatively untested college career with the screen-heavy Oregon offense that limited his opportunities in true pass sets, you have an intriguing starting point for the debate about Sewell’s true ceiling.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - impactplaya - 04-06-2021

(04-06-2021, 11:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Untested.

Im glad this was brought up. Its a valid point. Sewell wasnt really challenged in his 20 games at Oregon.
Its like a AAU 8th grade hoops star going up against
A 7th grader. Of course he is going.to dominate
Whats the old saying "iron sharpens iron"

Some act like Sewell can.just show up and even win
The starting RG spot.....but based on what?
He simply does not have enough of a sample size
Vs elite competition

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 04-06-2021

(04-06-2021, 11:23 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im glad this was brought up. Its a valid point. Sewell wasnt really challenged in his 20 games at Oregon.
A 7th grader. Of course he is going.to dominate

Vs elite competition

Now the Pac-10 isn't the SEC or B10, but lets not sit here and pretend its the Sun Belt Conference or DII ball.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-06-2021

(04-06-2021, 11:23 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im glad this was brought up. Its a valid point. Sewell wasnt really challenged in his 20 games at Oregon.
A 7th grader
. Of course he is going.to dominate

Vs elite competition

That is SO short-sighted and incorrect, come on.

Horrible take; Power 5 is Power 5, period. It may not be the SEC, but the hyperbole is ridiculous.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - impactplaya - 04-07-2021

(04-06-2021, 11:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That is SO short-sighted and incorrect, come on.

Horrible take; Power 5 is Power 5, period. It may not be the SEC, but the hyperbole is ridiculous.

Penei is a beast no.doubt. The film doesnt lie
But what other beasts did he have to negate in the Pac 10.?
Thats all Im saying. 
Let's not forget still, he has 20 games to.his resume.
Is he really that much better than Jsckson Carnen or Alex Leatherwood when.you factor in the talent level they had to face?

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Whatever - 04-07-2021

(04-06-2021, 11:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That is SO short-sighted and incorrect, come on.

You have to go back to '04 to find a national champion from the PAC-12.  What was the last Pac-12 team to even make the CFP?  

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BobJohnson55 - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 12:08 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Penei is a beast no.doubt. The film doesnt lie
But what other beasts did he have to negate in the Pac 10.?
Thats all Im saying. 
Let's not forget still, he has 20 games to.his resume.
Is he really that much better than Jsckson Carnen or Alex Leatherwood when.you factor in the talent level they had to face?

Exactly my point. Many have been selected in the top ten and I can't really tell you how much of a impact most of them made. Many also make a name for theirselves 2nd round or later. But I'm sure people will say the same about receiver and they make good points that top receivers rarely win the superbowl.  I'm just looking at our needs and it's not really tackle right now more then receiver,guard yes which could be had in the 2nd round or 3rd. 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 04-07-2021

(04-06-2021, 08:27 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: 32 pages so far. To infinity and beyond. Hey, that's what this message board is for, but 32 pages? Jake Harper would be proud.

I share this every other week now it seems . . . this thread is on page 13 for me

Upper left on the top of the page you'll see USER CP . . . click that
On the left, scroll down until you see EDIT OPTIONS . . . click that
On the right, you'll see a section labeled THREAD VIEW OPTIONS
Near the bottom of that section you'll see POSTS PER PAGE
Set it at SHOW 50 POSTS PER PAGE
Scroll to the bottom and click UPDATE OPTIONS

You should then enjoy reading this forum even more.

A lot less clicking and loading of the pages and more scrolling and reading

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BobJohnson55 - 04-07-2021

Holy crap,its worse then I thought with other teams o line. The most highly drafted o line I can find was the Cleveland browns who have two 1st round OTs, one 2nd round guard and a 3rd round guard. And they lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Pittsburgh has only decastro and a bunch of low rounders and udfa's. Baltimore has zeitler and Orlando brown jr who slipped late to like the 3rd or 4th if I remember. others are low rounders or udfa's.

I went a step further and checked out green bay and they have nothing but low rounders and udfa's. New England, bill actually put Isiah Wynn at left tackle and they said he'd be a guard and was undersized. David Andrew's a guy that some fans wanted to sign,undrafted free agent ,right tackle was a 6th rounder.

Went and checked Kc, couldn't find their tackles names they were missing,but the others were low round guys once again.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 04-07-2021

Moved the list to the newest page at the time of completion

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 12:34 AM)Whatever Wrote: You have to go back to '04 to find a national champion from the PAC-12.  What was the last Pac-12 team to even make the CFP?  

Oregon made it. But this is a terrible benchmark; the same teams have made it year in, year out, basically.

You have to look at NFL talent being drafted and their sustained success in the league; that paints the MUCH better picture of the talent coming out of each conference, not how their respective schools did the previous year.

And I don't have the time to do that deep a dive right now; I can say that the last comprehensive thing I could find on a quick Google search, was after the 2015 season and the drafted players went SEC>ACC>PAC12>BIG12>BIG10.

I'd argue that if Clemson wasn't in the ACC, it would be the weakest P5 by far. But you don't see anyone shitting on that conference, do you?

Power 5 is power 5, period; outside of the SEC, you will NOT see any more sustained success from the talent in the NFL from the players of the other 4 conferences, compared to each other.

But then again, we have people on here calling Houston a, "Small School," which is ridiculous and hilarious, but it shows that many on this board clearly don't have a good pulse on CFB and/or are stuck in the past.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Memphis_Bengal - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 06:24 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Work in Progress

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
LT - Donovan Smith (2nd, 34th)
LG - Ali Marpet (2nd, 61st)
C - Ryan Jensen (6th. 203rd)
RG - Alex Cappa (3rd, 94th)
RT - Tristin Wirfs (1st, 13th)
WR1 - Mike Evans (1st, 7th)
WR2 - Chris Godwin (3rd, 84th) 

New Orleans Saints
LT - Terron Armstead (3rd, 75th)
LG - Andrus Peat (1st, 13th)
C - Erik McCoy (2nd, 48th)
RG - Cesar Ruiz (1st, 24th)
RT - Ryan Ramcyzk (1st, 32nd)
WR1 - Michael Thomas (2nd, 47th)
WR2 - Emmanuel Sanders (3rd, 82nd)/ Tre'Quan Smith (3rd, 91st)

Carolina Panthers
LT -  Russell Okung (1st, 6th)
LG - Chris Reed (UDFA)
C - Matt Paradis (6th, 207th)
RG - John Miller (3rd, 81st)
RT - Taylor Moton (2nd, 64th)
WR1 - Robbie Anderson (UDFA)
WR2 - Curtis Samuel (2nd, 40th)/ DJ Moore (1st, 24th)

Atlanta Falcons
LT - Jake Matthews (1st, 6th)
LG - James Carpenter (1st, 25th)
C - Alex Mack (1st, 21st)
RG - Chris Lindstrom (1st, 14th)
RT - Kaleb McGary (1st, 31st)
WR1 - Julio Jones (1st, 6th)
WR2 - Calvin Ridley (1st, 26th)

So for these 4 teams almost 86% (24 out of 28) of the starters were drafted in the first 3 rounds. Interested to see if that trend is consistent with the other teams.

(04-07-2021, 06:24 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Work in Progress

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
LT - Donovan Smith (2nd, 34th)
LG - Ali Marpet (2nd, 61st)
C - Ryan Jensen (6th. 203rd)
RG - Alex Cappa (3rd, 94th)
RT - Tristin Wirfs (1st, 13th)
WR1 - Mike Evans (1st, 7th)
WR2 - Chris Godwin (3rd, 84th) 

New Orleans Saints
LT - Terron Armstead (3rd, 75th)
LG - Andrus Peat (1st, 13th)
C - Erik McCoy (2nd, 48th)
RG - Cesar Ruiz (1st, 24th)
RT - Ryan Ramcyzk (1st, 32nd)
WR1 - Michael Thomas (2nd, 47th)
WR2 - Emmanuel Sanders (3rd, 82nd)/ Tre'Quan Smith (3rd, 91st)

Carolina Panthers
LT -  Russell Okung (1st, 6th)
LG - Chris Reed (UDFA)
C - Matt Paradis (6th, 207th)
RG - John Miller (3rd, 81st)
RT - Taylor Moton (2nd, 64th)
WR1 - Robbie Anderson (UDFA)
WR2 - Curtis Samuel (2nd, 40th)/ DJ Moore (1st, 24th)

Atlanta Falcons
LT - Jake Matthews (1st, 6th)
LG - James Carpenter (1st, 25th)
C - Alex Mack (1st, 21st)
RG - Chris Lindstrom (1st, 14th)
RT - Kaleb McGary (1st, 31st)
WR1 - Julio Jones (1st, 6th)
WR2 - Calvin Ridley (1st, 26th)

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT -  
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT -  
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT -  
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT -  
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT -  
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT -  
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

LT -  
LG
C
RG
RT

LT - 
LG
C
RG
RT

Holy crap,look at Atlanta and carolina,and both teams are not good. And the saints can make the playoffs but they can't do nothing there. Tampa has one 1st rounder and a couple 2nds. I'm noticing teams can find low draft guys and we can't.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Whatever - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 12:06 PM)BobJohnson55 Wrote: Holy crap,look at Atlanta and carolina,and both teams are not good. And the saints can make the playoffs but they can't do nothing there. Tampa has one 1st rounder and a couple 2nds. I'm noticing teams can find low draft guys and we can't.

We simply don't spend enough of those round 2-4 picks on OL.  Gotta spend the picks there if you want to find those guys.  Instead, it's LB, LB, LB, LB, LB...

(04-07-2021, 12:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: We simply don't spend enough of those round 2-4 picks on OL.  Gotta spend the picks there if you want to find those guys.  Instead, it's LB, LB, LB, LB, LB...

Lol that's true,all I can remember is Fischer and boling in the 4th,and our linebackers are underwhelming

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 12:06 PM)BobJohnson55 Wrote: Holy crap,look at Atlanta and carolina,and both teams are not good. And the saints can make the playoffs but they can't do nothing there. Tampa has one 1st rounder and a couple 2nds. I'm noticing teams can find low draft guys and we can't.

Well at this rate I probably won’t jump back to finish this until tonight at work lol

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - fredtoast - 04-07-2021

(04-07-2021, 04:58 AM)BobJohnson55 Wrote: Holy crap,its worse then I thought with other teams o line. The most highly drafted o line I can find was the Cleveland browns who have two 1st round OTs, one 2nd round guard and a 3rd round guard. And they lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Seems like you just cherry picked a few teams.

(04-07-2021, 04:58 AM)BobJohnson55 Wrote: Pittsburgh has only decastro and a bunch of low rounders and udfa's.

And that O-line could suck.

Last year they had 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick among their starting 5.

(04-07-2021, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Seems like you just cherry picked a few teams.

And that O-line could suck.

Last year they had 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick among their starting 5.

They had Decastro a mid first rounder ,pouncey who actually was washed up and who else? The Steelers and Patriots are two teams known to get late round o lineman and their line is said to still be elite. Make that make sense?

And no I didn't cherry pick,I went through our division and even chose some top NFC teams.