Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams Requests Trade (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-Requests-Trade)

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Go Cards - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 09:11 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: toasty.gif]

So when are the Bengals trading Jonah?

It takes two to tango, but am certain they are exploring their options. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - XenoMorph - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 09:11 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: toasty.gif]

So when are the Bengals trading Jonah?

if they havent found a partner yet not likely till the draft

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - TecmoBengals - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 09:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if they havent found a partner yet not likely till the draft

I suppose this might be the best case scenario for the Bengals? Maybe a team on draft night is desperate enough to acquire a starting OL so they offer the Bengals a decent pick.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - XenoMorph - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 09:39 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I suppose this might be the best case scenario for the Bengals? Maybe a team on draft night is desperate enough to acquire a starting OL so they offer the Bengals a decent pick.

if the players they wanted are off the board makes them more likely to pull a trade...     Wouldnt be till late day 2 though

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-27-2023

(03-25-2023, 05:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's the exact thing that has caused that final game L the last 2 years. 

Hope isn't a strategy. 

I would argue injury was the biggest reason for the L against the Chiefs in the AFC Championship but yeah, would like to see us 
not rely on Carman growing into a stud at RT. Just seems like that is what they are doing, sucks I know. Hope is all I can do....

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - rfaulk34 - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 02:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would argue injury was the biggest reason for the L against the Chiefs in the AFC Championship but yeah, would like to see us 
not rely on Carman growing into a stud at RT. Just seems like that is what they are doing, sucks I know. Hope is all I can do....

Yes. Injury in both years hurting the line. I'd say that's because they hoped the guys backing them up were good enough. That word has always been one of my biggest pet peeves because it's the absence of trying. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - JWW1971 - 03-27-2023

How much would Williams be worth if we could use him move up in the 1st rd of the draft, can you see teams swapping 1st round picks if we throw him in

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Joelist - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 02:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would argue injury was the biggest reason for the L against the Chiefs in the AFC Championship but yeah, would like to see us 

OL injuries finally did us in both in 2022 and 2021. In 2022 it was more obvious with three starters out by the AFCCG. In 2021 every Guard on the roster was either out or playing hurt by the Super Bowl and of course our starting RT was out. Obviously the team was not confident with the line after 2021 as witnessed bi signing three new starters but 2022 - NO team has a bench deep enough to shrug off losing three OL starters in as many weeks right at season end. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Synric - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 03:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: OL injuries finally did us in both in 2022 and 2021. In 2022 it was more obvious with three starters out by the AFCCG. In 2021 every Guard on the roster was either out or playing hurt by the Super Bowl and of course our starting RT was out. Obviously the team was not confident with the line after 2021 as witnessed bi signing three new starters but 2022 - NO team has a bench deep enough to shrug off losing three OL starters in as many weeks right at season end. 

Two Ravens match ups right in a row really was the worst scenario for the Bengals. I get the Tyler Huntly argument but getting out of an those AFC North games without getting beat up is tough. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-27-2023

1) At the draft
2) After Jets/Packers trade (if Jets surrender their first)
3) Not at all

(03-27-2023, 02:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes. Injury in both years hurting the line. I'd say that's because they hoped the guys backing them up were good enough. That word has always been one of my biggest pet peeves because it's the absence of trying. 

For sure with the coaches, they need to make sure the next man up is good enough.

All I can do is hope though lol

Cannot sweat what I cannot change.

(03-27-2023, 03:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: OL injuries finally did us in both in 2022 and 2021. In 2022 it was more obvious with three starters out by the AFCCG. In 2021 every Guard on the roster was either out or playing hurt by the Super Bowl and of course our starting RT was out. Obviously the team was not confident with the line after 2021 as witnessed bi signing three new starters but 2022 - NO team has a bench deep enough to shrug off losing three OL starters in as many weeks right at season end. 

Yeah, amazing we made it to the SB and almost won in 2021. Amazing we made it to the AFC Championship with 3 starters out too.

Imagine us actually being healthy on the OL going into the Playoffs for once.

(03-27-2023, 03:31 PM)Synric Wrote: Two Ravens match ups right in a row really was the worst scenario for the Bengals. I get the Tyler Huntly argument but getting out of an those AFC North games without getting beat up is tough. 

Truth, those games beat the heck out of both teams, especially us.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Soonerpeace - 03-27-2023

Zac today when asked about Jonah?

“I’m excited to see him come in and compete at right tackle,” Taylor said.

But given how important culture and buy-in are to Taylor and this coaching staff, is he worried that Williams’ dissatisfaction with the situation can create long-term disruption?
“I’m not,” Taylor responded. “I know that that’s part of the business and for Jonah, he’s always been everything we wanted him to be about. We’ve never had issues with him. Hopefully, we can work through this, and he can come in and compete at right tackle for us. That’s what we’re counting on him to do. Again, every step of the way over four years he’s done everything we’ve asked him to do. He’s bought in. He’s never been an issue, and I don’t anticipate that being an issue.”

(03-27-2023, 06:17 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Zac today when asked about Jonah?

“I’m excited to see him come in and compete at right tackle,” Taylor said.

But given how important culture and buy-in are to Taylor and this coaching staff, is he worried that Williams’ dissatisfaction with the situation can create long-term disruption?
“I’m not,” Taylor responded. “I know that that’s part of the business and for Jonah, he’s always been everything we wanted him to be about. We’ve never had issues with him. Hopefully, we can work through this, and he can come in and compete at right tackle for us. That’s what we’re counting on him to do. Again, every step of the way over four years he’s done everything we’ve asked him to do. He’s bought in. He’s never been an issue, and I don’t anticipate that being an issue.”

Nicely handled by Zac.  Cool

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Earendil - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 03:31 PM)Synric Wrote: Two Ravens match ups right in a row really was the worst scenario for the Bengals. I get the Tyler Huntly argument but getting out of an those AFC North games without getting beat up is tough. 

Agreed. I think we tend to lose sight of exactly how much of a toll those two games took on the team. And it feels like the Ravens were going out of their way to play like the 2005 Steelers.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Luvnit2 - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 10:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if the players they wanted are off the board makes them more likely to pull a trade...     Wouldnt be till late day 2 though

I disagree with the bolded comment above.

Teams will know by the end of day 1 if they fixed their OL issue. There is a long time after day 1 until start of day 2 to work a deal if that is the direction the Bengals decide to go.

After today's Zac comments though and after all of our OL issues, I am not convinced the Bengals want to trade Jonah.

ZT had high praise for Jonah work ethic and character today. Maybe it is a smoke screen, but ZT seems to be direct and honest with his answers to the press.

(03-27-2023, 07:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I disagree with the bolded comment above.

Teams will know by the end of day 1 if they fixed their OL issue. There is a long time after day 1 until start of day 2 to work a deal if that is the direction the Bengals decide to go.

After today's Zac comments though and after all of our OL issues, I am not convinced the Bengals want to trade Jonah.

ZT had high praise for Jonah work ethic and character today. Maybe it is a smoke screen, but ZT seems to be direct and honest with his answers to the press.

They like Jonah. He’s been serviceable when healthy. They probably envisioned him or misjudged his reaction to it all. But they thought we were good in the interior ( Volson did improve) now we can improve at LT & RT.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Luvnit2 - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 07:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They like Jonah. He’s been serviceable when healthy. They probably envisioned him or misjudged his reaction to it all. But they thought we were good in the interior ( Volson did improve) now we can improve at LT & RT.

The million dollar question only FO and coaches have the answer:

Is Jonah worth 12.6 million to possibly be our RT or a starting guard in 2023 plus back up Brown at LT?

Based on losing not one, but 2 starting OT's in 2022, me personally I say yes. But I have no idea of how much. they value Jonah for 2023 knowing he will most likely leave in 2024 either way.

(03-27-2023, 08:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The million dollar question only FO and coaches have the answer:

Is Jonah worth 12.6 million to possibly be our RT or a starting guard in 2023 plus back up Brown at RT?

Based on losing not one, but 2 starting OT's in 2022, me personally I say yes. But I have no idea of how much. they value Jonah for 2023 knowing he will most likely leave in 2024 either way.

Well they’ve finally got a group that’s focused and all in. Collins needs some competition. Jackson needed some confidence. They’ve got Williams at RT if Brown were to get hurt he goes back to LT. Carman can play guard or tackle. I like the room.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Frank Booth - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 08:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well they’ve finally got a group that’s focused and all in. Collins needs some competition. Jackson needed some confidence. They’ve got Williams at RT if Brown were to get hurt he goes back to LT. Carman can play guard or tackle. I like the room.

Carman has shown he cannot play guard

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Synric - 03-27-2023

Quote:The Bengals didn’t intend to trade Williams. They intended to move him to right tackle following the signing of Orlando Brown Jr. as their left tackle. The problem is Williams wants to be a left tackle so he asked to be traded.

But a funny thing has happened to Williams en route to being traded: No one has so far been interested in giving up a high draft pick for the 25-year-old player.

“He’s not a big man with long arms and he plays like it,” one NFL general manager told OutKick. “He might not even be a tackle.”

So who trades for a player perhaps best suited to play an interior position when he’s insisting on playing left tackle? So far, nobody.

Williams has stood his ground and isn’t likely to fold about moving positions. He was asked to move to center at Alabama his senior year and refused, according to one NFL scout.

https://www.outkick.com/nfl-annual-meeting-league-boasts-great-2022-burrow-hurts-herbert-headed-for-extensions-but-not-tua-who-will-go-no-1-trade-market-at-a-standoff/