Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams Requests Trade (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-Requests-Trade)

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - jason - 03-28-2023

(03-28-2023, 10:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd be shocked if they got a 3rd for him. But, let's see.

I'll be shocked if they trade him at all.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - bengals67 - 03-28-2023

No reason to trade him for less than a 2. They will clear cap space next year.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - jj22 - 03-28-2023

Longer this goes, I'd say the less likely he'll be traded. Emotions likely have simmered, and clearer thoughts will prevail. It's not all that bad of an opportunity for Jonah. He'd be wise to give RT a legit shot and make a 10 year career out of it instead of being a backup after his contract is up with the Bengals and another team gives up on him after 8-12 sack seasons.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - THE PISTONS - 03-28-2023

(03-28-2023, 03:27 PM)bengals67 Wrote: No reason to trade him for less than a 2. They will clear cap space next year.

Nobody is giving a 2nd or better for him. Nobody.

He's had 1 above average year out of 4. Is nearly always injured. And he was pretty underwhelming this last year.

Plus, he only has 1 year left on his contract at $12 million a year.

(03-28-2023, 03:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Longer this goes, I'd say the less likely he'll be traded. Emotions likely have simmered, and clearer thoughts will prevail. It's not all that bad of an opportunity for Jonah. He'd be wise to give RT a legit shot and make a 10 year career out of it instead of being a backup after his contract is up with the Bengals and another team gives up on him after 8-12 sack seasons.

No teams being interested in giving up much will shape his perspective.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - jj22 - 03-28-2023

(03-28-2023, 03:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No teams being interested in giving up much will shape his perspective.

Yep, that's why the real play would be to allow him to seek a trade (which they may have) and let him hear for himself. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Sled21 - 03-28-2023

Other teams speaking of him maybe not even being a tackle, but a guard, ought to cool his jets for a trade.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - michaelsean - 03-28-2023

Take your $12 million and play where you are told. It's ridiculous.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Soonerpeace - 03-28-2023

(03-28-2023, 11:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

I touched on this earlier in this thread. No they didn’t involve him…. Geez if it falls through he’s still pissed. Orlando fell in their lap. I don’t know what communication took place afterwards. If they didn’t reach out to him as soon as it was announced then they should have and set up a meeting to air things out.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Ell Prez - 03-29-2023

(03-27-2023, 08:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The million dollar question only FO and coaches have the answer:

Is Jonah worth 12.6 million to possibly be our RT or a starting guard in 2023 plus back up Brown at LT?

Based on losing not one, but 2 starting OT's in 2022, me personally I say yes. But I have no idea of how much. they value Jonah for 2023 knowing he will most likely leave in 2024 either way.

Are the bengals really going to pay Jonah 12.6M to start and Collins a 9M cap hit to sit on the bench? Or Vice versa?

One has to go.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - THE PISTONS - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 12:04 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Are the bengals really going to pay Jonah 12.6M to start and Collins a 9M cap hit to sit on the bench? Or Vice versa?

One has to go.

Collins likely won't be ready to start the season next year.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nicomo Cosca - 03-29-2023

(03-28-2023, 11:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

He was blindsided huh? Now he knows how Joe feels.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - BengalsLUFC - 03-29-2023

Why is this prick crying like he’s the second coming of Whit?

He’s an average LT we upgraded the position and offered him the chance to challenge for a big pay day.

I’d take a fourth at this point just so I don’t have to read anymore about him.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bengalbug - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 12:15 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Why is this prick crying like he’s the second coming of Whit?

He’s an average LT we upgraded the position and offered him the chance to challenge for a big pay day.

I’d take a fourth at this point just so I don’t have to read anymore about him.

Average is being generous. Average LTs don’t give up 12 sacks a season.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 12:04 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Are the bengals really going to pay Jonah 12.6M to start and Collins a 9M cap hit to sit on the bench? Or Vice versa?

One has to go.

Not really. We have the space to carry both. Still around $20 mil in space with both guys. Plus, I believe Collins' contract is set up so that his cap hit is lessened if he does not make gameday rosters, etc. So his cap hit will be less. 

Plus, he could still help us later this year when he gets healthy. Lack of OL depth at tackle cost us big the last two years. For a year at least, we can solve that. Now, if we draft a RT who can play this year (Wright), then maybe. But Collins is signed for 2 more years AND has experience at guard. I'd be reluctant to lose that before I had to. He rated at 80+ his last two healthy seasons. I would not rule out a bounce back year.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 12:30 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Average is being generous.  Average LTs don’t give up 12 sacks a season.

One's playing through a dislocated kneecap do. He's played three seasons. 2020 was average or slightly above. 2021 was WELL above average, near elite by PFF (77.1, I think). Both healthy seasons have been average or above. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bengal Dude - 03-29-2023

(03-28-2023, 11:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Not surprising. After listening to Steven Radicevic's interview, I think a lot of people were blindsided. Brown's agent reached out to the team. That's been a big change for the FO. Agents are contacting the Bengals because their clients want to come here.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bengalbug - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 01:01 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: One's playing through a dislocated kneecap do. He's played three seasons. 2020 was average or slightly above. 2021 was WELL above average, near elite by PFF (77.1, I think). Both healthy seasons have been average or above. 

2021 he also gave up 8 sacks, no kneecap issues. Was he the best OL on the bengals that year? Yes, but not saying much.

If he was actually average, would a franchise (like the bengals) go make this move?

Highly doubtful. They have seen Jonah, for one reason or another, allow burrow to get sacked 20+ times over two years. Not gonna cut it.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - bengaloo - 03-29-2023

If I were Jonah I would be wanting out as well. Who wants to go from a high draft pick to having to be moved because they aren't cutting it, and are most likely going to end up being beat out by a guy who was labeled a bust until he came in and outperformed them in a major way, at a new, lesser important position nonetheless? I dont know if Jonah can beat out Carman, or Collins when he's healthy. The dude literally has a shot at being buried on the depth chart by the end of the year if he doesnt show big improvement. He definitely ain't no glass-eater.