Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams Requests Trade (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-Requests-Trade)

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - SunsetBengal - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 08:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jonah has proven to be average/above average when healthy. It's just a position that is more prone to giving up sacks

man, it's like talking to a wall

That's the thing, reliability is the best ability.  He allowed his franchise QB to get plowed 12 times, so the team took action and signed someone they believe won't have those "reliability issues".  Jonah got miffed and requested a trade.  

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Frank Booth - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 09:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's the thing, reliability is the best ability.  He allowed his franchise QB to get plowed 12 times, so the team took action and signed someone they believe won't have those "reliability issues".  Jonah got miffed and requested a trade.  

ok but the wall known as bengalbug basically said Jonah is on Volson's level

now, even if you hate jonah irrationally, which most of you do, a functioning brain says Jonah is better than Volson

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bengalbug - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 09:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ok but the wall known as bengalbug basically said Jonah is on Volson's level

now, even if you hate jonah irrationally, which most of you do, a functioning brain says Jonah is better than Volson

The wall? Bro, your delusional.

But I guess you’re right, Jonah is better than Volson at getting burrow hit repeatedly.

And saying Jonah is “better” than Volson is literally comparing the worst two players from our starting 22 last year. Cool!

Volson aside, Jonah stinks and is not a franchise set it and forget it LT. Maybe he was a flash in the pan, but he has been a shell of himself the last two years.

Fwiw, if the bengals front office thought differently, they wouldn’t have picked up brown.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Brownshoe - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 09:55 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The wall?  Bro, your delusional.

But I guess you’re right, Jonah is better than Volson at getting burrow hit repeatedly.

And saying Jonah is “better” than Volson is literally comparing the worst two players from our starting 22 last year.  Cool!

Volson aside, Jonah stinks and is not a franchise set it and forget it LT.  Maybe he was a flash in the pan, but he has been a shell of himself the last two years.

Fwiw, if the bengals front office thought differently, they wouldn’t have picked up brown.

The fact that you didn't see a huge decline in play when Carman was playing LT tells you everything you need to know about Jonah. That's probably what sealed the deal with the coaches

(03-29-2023, 09:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The fact that you didn't see a huge decline in play when Carman was playing LT tells you everything you need to know about Jonah. That's probably what sealed the deal with the coaches

Right, great point.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 05:32 PM)Stewy Wrote: Yeah and fans believe too much of what comes out of the coaches and Team Leaders mouthes.

Remember Joe and Zach praising the OLine's after the 2021 and 2022 seasons?  Nothing but good things to say, which peeved the chicken littles here right off.  Then the Bengals went out and made changes.

Sorry Nate, but if you're overreacting to what BC and FP are saying when FA/FO are still going on and there still the draft to go, then you're a chicken little.

If you don't know me by now....

I might be the most positive poster on this board Stewy and anything but a chicken little. 

Have always combated the sky is falling crowd, surprised you don't know this by now after 15+ years...

Was only talking about painting yourself into a corner as not being the right way to go about things.

The FO and Zac haven't been doing this at all. Just had a bit of an issue with BC and FP doing so. 

Wasn't even a big thing as we now know with the Orlando Brown signing.

Just saying it might of been a reason for a little more shock for Jonah with the signing.

(03-29-2023, 06:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: like when people say Cordell Volson is really good and reference Ted Karras saying Volson will be one of the best in the league as proof 

Putting words into my mouth you libelous bastid? 

Never said any of that. Somebody else did.

I have never said Volson is really good. I think he could be after his rookie season though. Wasn't bad for a 4th round rookie.

(03-29-2023, 07:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He's not even average. He's below average

and Im sure it was Nate or something lol Im not gonna go back and check, but basically the poster said

"I'll take Karras' word over yours about Volson eventually becoming one of the best in the league"

because Karras put a ton of praise on Volson not knowing it's just player speak

Not me....

You better check shit out before you say what someone else said....

(03-29-2023, 09:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The fact that you didn't see a huge decline in play when Carman was playing LT tells you everything you need to know about Jonah. That's probably what sealed the deal with the coaches

And in the Playoffs where players are playing their asses off for their teams more than any regular season game...

Like Bengalbug said, great point and Frank Booth hates Jackson Carman and loves Jonah Williams even after this.

I understand it is only a little bit of film to go of off with Carman, but you have to see growth and have a touch of confidence in him after.

Unlike a guy who has never stayed healthy and says he wants a trade because he doesn't want to play another position.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Frank Booth - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 10:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not me....

You better check shit out before you say what someone else said....

hey dont get mad because I remember some poster overrating a young below average player and immediately thought it was the one person here who does it constantly lol

you cant fault me completely

(03-29-2023, 10:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: hey dont get mad because I remember some poster overrating a young below average player and immediately thought it was the one person here who does it constantly lol

Alright, just saw that and couldn't respond earlier as I was working. 

Never said Volson is a really good player, only that he had a promising, solid rookie year for a 4th round rookie from a small school.

We can upgrade, heck I am for Avila G/C TCU in the 2nd round big time.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Go Cards - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 06:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: She's just being careful with the wording...trying to show a level of optimism.

and wise to do so

(03-29-2023, 10:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, just saw that and couldn't respond earlier as I was working. 

Never said Volson is a really good player, only that he had a promising, solid rookie year for a 4th round rookie from a small school.

We can upgrade, heck I am for Avila G/C TCU in the 2nd round big time.

Frank is a troll.

(03-29-2023, 10:52 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Frank is a troll.

Sure was today....

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Go Cards - 03-29-2023

The thing with Jonah is will the injuries take their toll ?

Believe he was well worth the risk to find out until he spouted off.

Now he is just a disgruntled employee being paid over a million a month with injury concerns.

Severing the ties is the best way to go at this point.

(03-29-2023, 11:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The thing with Jonah is will the injuries take their toll ?

Believe he was well worth the risk to find out until he spouted off.

Now he is just a disgruntled employee being paid over a million a month with injury concerns.

Severing the ties is the best way to go at this point.

The injuries and play were already in question, this on top of it makes it a no brainer to me to make a trade with a decent offer.

Completely agree Go Cards. Keep the team's culture a rollin'. Orlando Brown has bought in, same with Irv Smith who I think might 
surprise some people, namely OSUfan. Irv Smith is quick and fast and has a drive about him to be great even if he is undersized for 
a TE. Sidney Jones is talented and has more than solid film to watch if any questioned the pickup, injuries withstanding...

I like where our team is and if Jonah doesn't want to be a part of it, let him chase money instead of rings.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - NATI BENGALS - 03-30-2023

Hopefully we granted permission to talk to other teams. If there was little to no interest, hopefully this motivates Jonah to make the most out of the RT competition opportunity. And if he loses that battle. Maybe he competes at LG and we can show him Joe Thuney's contract details to let him know the world is not ending when he isn't playing LT.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Stewy - 03-30-2023

(03-29-2023, 10:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If you don't know me by now....

I might be the most positive poster on this board Stewy and anything but a chicken little. 

Yeah, well, it was an if/then statement.  Sorry to rankle.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Stewy - 03-30-2023

(03-29-2023, 10:52 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Frank is a troll.

(03-29-2023, 10:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure was today....

And every day, which is why I have him on ignore.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Sled21 - 03-30-2023

(03-29-2023, 10:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
And in the Playoffs where players are playing their asses off for their teams more than any regular season game...

Like Bengalbug said, great point and Frank Booth hates Jackson Carman and loves Jonah Williams even after this.

I understand it is only a little bit of film to go of off with Carman, but you have to see growth and have a touch of confidence in him after.

Unlike a guy who has never stayed healthy and says he wants a trade because he doesn't want to play another position.

I believe Joe Burrow said it best when talking about the left side of Carman and Volson in the playoffs. "I felt nothing from that side the entire game" You really can't get better praise than that.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Sled21 - 03-30-2023

(03-29-2023, 10:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: hey dont get mad because I remember some poster overrating a young below average player and immediately thought it was the one person here who does it constantly lol

Um, it was me that posted that statement, not Nate. And the statement about Volson becoming a top 5 guard in the league came from Karras, and I will STILL take his word on it over yours any day of the week. I mean, you've been right about so much, right? Zac, Lou, etc etc....  Volson had a three game stretch where he faced Derrick Brown, Cam Heyward and Jeffery Simmons, and in that stretch gave up 1 sack and 1 QB hit. When they played the Chiefs in week 13, he faced Chris Jones and stoned him, giving up 0 pressures on 42 pass blocking snaps, while posting a 77.2 Run-blocking grade. People can look at his overall PFF grade and say "meh" if they want, I'm really excited to see what he can do in year two playing between Karras and Zeus.