Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Looks like Ross is playing this week - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Looks like Ross is playing this week (/Thread-Looks-like-Ross-is-playing-this-week)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Looks like Ross is playing this week - Luvnit2 - 10-27-2017

I don't go on a limb often, but Bengals are going to not only beat Indy, they will destroy them. But, then 3 straight road games will decide the season. Beat Indy and go 2-1 on the road in that stretch and 5-5 with bunch of home games looming does not look as bad. Won't be easy, but at .500 with six to play is doable. But lots of big ifs.

RE: Looks like Ross is playing this week - Browns Town Bengal - 10-27-2017

(10-26-2017, 11:45 AM)Trademark Wrote:
Good news

What a steal that guy was.  Zero receptions, one touch with that one touch resulting in a lost fumble and several games missed due to injury.  We are probably gonna rattle off 9 straight wins now

Looks like Ross is playing this week - ochocincos - 10-27-2017

(10-27-2017, 03:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's probably in large part because if you have Kirkpatrick and Dennard (and Adam to a lesser degree) to pick on, why bother throwing at him? I'm not saying Shaw has been shutdown or anything this year, but if you can pick on Kirkpatrick or Dennard, you pick on them. Even more so because as sure of a tackler as Dennard is, you know his hands are basically made of stone.

That Ross is going to have a better career than Hilton. Hilton is a top-10 WR right now. Just because Ross is small like him and ran a really fast 40 in his undies doesn't make him better than a top-10 WR who's likely going to finish top-30 if not top-20 all time in receiving yards.

The guy hasn't caught a pass in a game yet, and had 1 catch in the 4th preseason game for 6 yards. He's been hurt twice in that span.

I said COULD, not will. Read better. And I’m not basing that possibility just on Ross being about the same size and his fast 40 time. I’m basing it on college tape.

And most people didn’t think TY Hilton would be as productive as he has been. He also was “just” a small, speedy slot receiver from small school FIU going against mostly inferior competition. Yet here he is now, proving the doubters wrong. Is it so completely out there to think a similar type of player who played against better competition could actually have a chance to be as good or better in the NFL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Looks like Ross is playing this week - CJD - 10-27-2017

I wonder how many touches he'll get before he injures himself again.

Over/under on 3?

RE: Looks like Ross is playing this week - TheLeonardLeap - 10-27-2017

(10-27-2017, 09:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I said COULD, not will. Read better. And I’m not basing that possibility just on Ross being about the same size and his fast 40 time. I’m basing it on college tape.

And most people didn’t think TY Hilton would be as productive as he has been. He also was “just” a small, speedy slot receiver from small school FIU going against mostly inferior competition. Yet here he is now, proving the doubters wrong. Is it so completely out there to think a similar type of player who played against better competition could actually have a chance to be as good or better in the NFL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I read your "could", but it is still lol-worthy. I mean DeShone Kizer COULD have a better career than Tom Brady. Gotta realize it isn't even close to being probable though.

College really doesn't matter. Otherwise Tim Tebow and Trent Richardson would have about 7 Super Bowls by now.

RE: Looks like Ross is playing this week - muskiesfan - 10-27-2017

(10-27-2017, 03:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/28659/bengals-oc-bill-lazor-explains-joe-mixons-lack-of-carries-vs-steelers

IDK, this quote sure seems like lazor decides who plays.

"So you just hit that part of the game where no one's happy with it. And you know, and you may not be aware of it, but in the last two games that we won somewhere between probably two and five of our skill position players were probably pissed at me after the game. ... If we dress three tight ends, three running backs and five wide receivers ... but it's just the fact. That's NFL football. Not everyone is going to be happy with their touches all the time. And I've done it before, so I understand. Some guys handle it better than others, some of them it shows by the look on their face, some of them by their body language, you can tell. It's not the first time."

http://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/25/bill-lazor-says-decisions-playing-time-joe-mixon-marvin-lewis/

I don't know. This seems pretty clear Lazor said Marvin decides playing time.