Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic (/Thread-Christian-Nutjob-Ben-Carson-says-Science-is-Satanic)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - bfine32 - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 05:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: Please cite that verse.
Colossians 1:16-17:

"For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

That's one of them. You could also start with the first verse in the Bible.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 02:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I could point to numerous scripture in the Bible to include Satan's tempatation of Christ. But you don't believe the word because you cannot solve it with a mathematical formula, so it would fall on deaf ears.  

Does this mean if you read the Quran it would fail on deaf ears because you don't believe in the word and you cannot solve it with a mathematical equation?

Quote:Please feel free to share your "evidence" of what was before the Big Bang.

You have previously stated something had to come before.  Except God . . . who has always been and is "uncreated."  Despite my repeated questions, you have refused to share your evidence God has always been and is uncreated.  Your belief has the same problem; but a supernatural, rather than scientific, explanation.

(09-23-2015, 05:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Does this mean if you read the Quran it would fail on deaf ears because you don't believe in the word and you cannot solve it with a mathematical equation?

You have previously stated something had to come before.  Except God . . . who has always been and is "uncreated."  Despite my repeated questions, you have refused to share your evidence God has always been and is uncreated.  Your belief has the same problem; but a supernatural, rather than scientific, explanation.

Look one post above yours.

I agree they both take a degree of belief.  We must choose whom/what we place it in.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - GMDino - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 05:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Colossians 1:16-17:

"For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

That's one of them. You could also start with the first verse in the Bible.

And where was god when there was nothing?

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Beaker - 09-23-2015

(09-22-2015, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Critics suggest the BBT violates the first law of thermodynamics, which says you can't create or destroy matter or energy. The big bang theory suggests the universe began out of nothing. Some critics say that the formation of stars and galaxies violates the law of entropy, which suggests systems of change become less organized over time. Some astrophysicists and cosmologists argue that scientists have misinterpreted evidence like the redshift of celestial bodies and the cosmic microwave background radiation. Some cite the absence of exotic cosmic bodies that should have been the product of the big bang according to the theory. The early inflationary period of the big bang appears to violate the rule that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light

So everyone that thinks the Universe didn't perfectly form from one big explosion finds scientific answers evil or scary?  

The big bang suggests that the universe began out of a singularity.

And the formation of stars, galaxies and anything else complex does not violate the law of entropy. There can be periods of building and organizing into more complex stages as long as the system overall heads towards entropy....which it does. Stars and galaxies are formed, have "lifespans" and die, at which point they become less complex. This has been put forward to creationists time and again, yet they keep trying to claim there is a violation of the law of entropy. They simply try to make you look at the system over a small window rather than looking at the true system as a whole.

Red shift has never been mistaken, nor misinterpreted. It is simply a variation of the Doppler effect which is both well documented and well understood.

What is still under debate about the big bang theory is that there are still missing pieces to be accounted for. Things like dark matter and dark energy could account for some of the missing pieces. We just don't understand them yet. But that doesn't mean they don't exist, or that the theory has been disproven, it merely means we don't have all the evidence sorted out yet.

(09-23-2015, 05:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: And where was god when there was nothing?

There was never nothing, there was always God.

How many more of these are there going to be? 

(09-23-2015, 05:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: The big bang suggests that the universe began out of a singularity.

But the other Bill Nye guy said it showed ignorance of Science to even ask such a question; yet you give me the suggestion of "Singularity".

Which one of you is ignorant of science?

But I do agree that lots of things exist that we don't have evidence for yet.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - GodHatesBengals - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 04:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why is it a nonsense question Mr Nye?

It's OK if you don't have proof, you just have to believe something caused it.

It is a nonsense question since the Big Bang Model posits that time began when space expanded. In other words, you're asking what happened before there was time, when the word "before" only makes sense in the context of a sequence of events in time.

(09-23-2015, 06:56 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: It is a nonsense question since the Big Bang Model posits that time began when space expanded. In other  words, you're asking what happened before there was time, when the word "before" only makes sense in the context of a sequence of events in time.

What of this singularity nonsense?

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Beaker - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 07:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What of this singularity nonsense?

Try looking it up. You obviously have formed your opinion without really knowing the details.

(09-23-2015, 07:31 PM)Beaker Wrote: Try looking it up. You obviously have formed your opinion without really knowing the details.

Talk to the other science guy. He is the one that said it was ignorant, not me. 

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Rotobeast - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 05:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: What is still under debate about the big bang theory is that there are still missing pieces to be accounted for. Things like dark matter and dark energy could account for some of the missing pieces. We just don't understand them yet. But that doesn't mean they don't exist, or that the theory has been disproven, it merely means we don't have all the evidence sorted out yet.

If you'd be willing to humor me for a moment....
Back in the heydays of Myspace, I was friends (I know one of thousands) with Dr. Michio Kaku.
We had a little back and forth about dark matter.
I put forward that I thought black holes were made from dark matter.
It was a bit more in depth, but I won't get into it here, and to be honest I've forgotten a bit.
What I want to ask is.... was Dr. Kaku merely being polite in saying it was a quite an interesting and plausible concept ?
I'm just a normal guy.
I don't know the math to support anything.
I'm just a spitballer.
Mellow

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Blutarsky - 09-23-2015

Dark matter.

[Image: 2rrs5xc.jpg]

(09-23-2015, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There was never nothing, there was always God.

In the beginning God created...everything.  So there was nothing before that.

As to your second question I don't know.  I suppose a few, maybe more.

Maybe it would stop if you admitted you don't even understand the creation story?

(09-23-2015, 09:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: In the beginning God created...everything.  So there was nothing before that.

As to your second question I don't know.  I suppose a few, maybe more.

Maybe it would stop if you admitted you don't even understand the creation story?

There was always God, there was never nothing. 

I only asked 1 question.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - SunsetBengal - 09-23-2015

So, after reading 74 posts of this back and forth on creation or evolution stuff, I'm still not sure weather this has any real bearing on the future of Ben Carson's Presidential campaign. So, the guy stated his position, as all candidates must at some point. To claim that the guy does not believe in Science, simply because he has faith in the Christian God, does not make any sense. The man obviously has forgotten more hard Science than most of us can hope to ever learn about.

I could really give a rat's ass, as to weather he is a true believer or a pure scientist. The man is brilliant, and I want to learn more about his plan to run the Nation, if her were to be elected.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Belsnickel - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, after reading 74 posts of this back and forth on creation or evolution stuff, I'm still not sure weather this has any real bearing on the future of Ben Carson's Presidential campaign. So, the guy stated his position, as all candidates must at some point. To claim that the guy does not believe in Science, simply because he has faith in the Christian God, does not make any sense. The man obviously has forgotten more hard Science than most of us can hope to ever learn about.

I could really give a rat's ass, as to weather he is a true believer or a pure scientist. The man is brilliant, and I want to learn more about his plan to run the Nation, if her were to be elected.

See, I would actually favor Trump over Carson. Being intelligent in the way Carson is intelligent is not what I look for in a candidate. The management experience trumps (no pun intended) the type of intelligence a doctor, or any scientist really, would have. Just how I see it.

(09-23-2015, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There was always God, there was never nothing. 

I only asked 1 question.

There had to be nothing for God to create everything...or everything was already there.

Sorry, I meant second item.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 05:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Look one post above yours.

I agree they both take a degree of belief.  We must choose whom/what we place it in.

So your evidence is the circular logic of the Bible.  The Bible is true because the Bible says it is true.  And you know the Bible is true because it says so in the Bible.

(09-23-2015, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There was never nothing, there was always God.

And you know this because the Bible says so.  And you know it is true because the Bible says so.  And you know the Bible is true because it says it is true.  It is funny you reject the big bang explanation because "something had to come before," except your explanation is exempt from your "something had to come before" criticism.

Look, I know both religion and the big bang theory require a certain degree of belief.  I know there will always be unanswered questions with science and religion.  I don't believe science and religion are mutually exclusive.  I don't rule out the possibility of a Creator, but I don't believe in the god described in the Bible.  Although, I subscribe to the big bang theory (and the evidence to support the theory) more than the Bible, I don't exclude the possibility a Creator set off the big bang. 

What I don't do is use my belief to tell other people what they can or cannot do or to deny them equal treatment under the law.  If you believe in Jesus Christ, good for you.  I wish more Christians would heed Matthew 6:5-6 like the instruction manual says to do.

(09-23-2015, 08:27 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If you'd be willing to humor me for a moment....
Back in the heydays of Myspace, I was friends (I know one of thousands) with Dr. Michio Kaku.
We had a little back and forth about dark matter.
I put forward that I thought black holes were made from dark matter.
It was a bit more in depth, but I won't get into it here, and to be honest I've forgotten a bit.
What I want to ask is.... was Dr. Kaku merely being polite in saying it was a quite an interesting and plausible concept ?
I'm just a normal guy.
I don't know the math to support anything.
I'm just a spitballer.
Mellow

A few years ago, my brother asked if I had a Facebook account.  I asked him, "Do I look like a ******* teenager to you?"  He said, "That's Myspace."