Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams Requests Trade (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-Requests-Trade)

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bengalbug - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 07:52 AM)Stewy Wrote: And every day, which is why I have him on ignore.

How do you do that? I’ve never done it before, but I’m just over it.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Stewy - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 08:11 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: How do you do that?  I’ve never done it before, but I’m just over it.

Left click on someone to go to their profile
Right Side of the Profile - you'll see who's visited their profile page - and under that three buttons - Add Buddy ; Ignore User ; Report User

Happy ignoring, but note that our boards ignore feature is archaic.  If someone quotes a person you have on ignore, the quotes will bypass the ignore feature and you'll see what they said when quoted.  Thus my mantra "Don't quote trolls!  I have them on ignore for a reason!"

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Mike M (the other one) - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 02:25 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hopefully we granted permission to talk to other teams.  If there was little to no interest, hopefully this motivates Jonah to make the most out of the RT competition opportunity. And if he loses that battle. Maybe he competes at LG and we can show him Joe Thuney's contract details to let him know the world is not ending when he isn't playing LT.

I'm sure he got permission to talk to other teams, It's whether they want to pony up what the Bengals want in return and pay him going forward. It's a tough spot for him with his recent play and medical status. 

Hopefully Duke/Zach have learned to NOT comment on players future status (other than Burrow, Chase & Tee), and simply say something along the lines of, We are always looking for opportunities that will improve the team. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nicomo Cosca - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 09:32 AM)Stewy Wrote: Left click on someone to go to their profile
Right Side of the Profile - you'll see who's visited their profile page - and under that three buttons - Add Buddy ; Ignore User ; Report User

Happy ignoring, but note that our boards ignore feature is archaic.  If someone quotes a person you have on ignore, the quotes will bypass the ignore feature and you'll see what they said when quoted.  Thus my mantra "Don't quote trolls!  I have them on ignore for a reason!"

I also still get notifications when the person I have on ignore has quoted me. It’s hard to believe this is the best that function can work. I started a thread asking about it in the help section if you (or anyone) want to add your thoughts.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Ignore-function

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - bengals1969 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 07:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I believe Joe Burrow said it best when talking about the left side of Carman and Volson in the playoffs. "I felt nothing from that side the entire game" You really can't get better praise than that.

As I’ve rewatched the AFC championship game, my eyes showed most of the pressure coming from the right side. It was a turnstile at times. Now as a result the Bengals shifted Carman and Williams to the right side, signed Ford to compete at RT and could draft a guy. That’s evidence the Bengals saw it the way I did. I hope they draft a guy to compete with Volson, our backups need to be replaced and competition is good.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Sled21 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 11:08 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: As I’ve  rewatched the AFC championship game, my eyes showed most of the pressure coming from the right side. It was a turnstile at times. Now as a result the Bengals shifted Carman and Williams to the right side, signed Ford to compete at RT and could draft a guy. That’s evidence the Bengals saw it the way I did. I hope they draft a guy to compete with Volson, our backups need to be replaced and competition is good.

I'm always for bringing in competition. If someone can take a starting job away from the starter, I'm all for it. I personally think they will have their hands full dislodging a 2nd year Volson, but if they can do it more power to them. I also kind of think the new RT will end up being Cody Ford, but we'll see how hungry he is. I know he's coming in angry.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - ochocincos - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 09:32 AM)Stewy Wrote: Left click on someone to go to their profile

And also if you ignore someone, you can always "Show This Post" to see something of theirs manually.
It's not a pure ignore.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Luvnit2 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 11:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm always for bringing in competition. If someone can take a starting job away from the starter, I'm all for it. I personally think they will have their hands full dislodging a 2nd year Volson, but if they can do it more power to them. I also kind of think the new RT will end up being Cody Ford, but we'll see how hungry he is. I know he's coming in angry.

We could have these tackles all playing for a 2024 contract:

Williams
Carman
Ford
Smith (signed but easy cut as little dead money)
Collins (signed, but easy cut as little dead money and 7 million cap savings in 2024 if cut)

I would say there will be a lot of hungry and angry players in that group playing for a next Bengal contract or to impress another NFL team

If we draft another tackle in round 1 or 2, it then gets very interesting. They do have Ford listed as a guard on Spotrac for what it worth,

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nepa - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 11:08 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: As I’ve  rewatched the AFC championship game, my eyes showed most of the pressure coming from the right side. It was a turnstile at times. Now as a result the Bengals shifted Carman and Williams to the right side, signed Ford to compete at RT and could draft a guy. That’s evidence the Bengals saw it the way I did. I hope they draft a guy to compete with Volson, our backups need to be replaced and competition is good.

The announcers for the AFC championship game were aghast at how poorly the right side of the Bengals line was doing. They had expected the left side to be a problem, with Carman starting for the injured Williams, but the announcers kept saying how well that side was doing. They had expected the right side would be fine, after a good game in snowy Buffalo the week before. I'm beginning to think the Buffalo game was a delusion in terms of the OL based on the poor footing for the attacking DL given the weather conditions.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - ElkValleyBengal - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 12:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: The announcers for the AFC championship game were aghast at how poorly the right side of the Bengals line was doing. They had expected the left side to be a problem, with Carman starting for the injured Williams, but the announcers kept saying how well that side was doing. They had expected the right side would be fine, after a good game in snowy Buffalo the week before. I'm beginning to think the Buffalo game was a delusion in terms of the OL based on the poor footing for the attacking DL given the weather conditions.

Didn't want to believe it, but I couldn't get that thought out of my mind after the game.  I think we saw in the KC game that there was some merit to it.  Though Buffalo didn't have Chris Jones lining up either.  I think Jones made the line look worse than it actually was.  Below average to average can look really bad when going up against elite.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Luvnit2 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 01:13 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Didn't want to believe it, but I couldn't get that thought out of my mind after the game.  I think we saw in the KC game that there was some merit to it.  Though Buffalo didn't have Chris Jones lining up either.  I think Jones made the line look worse than it actually was.  Below average to average can look really bad when going up against elite.

Good or elite can look bad going up against elite.

How did Ramsey do covering Higgins and Chase in the Super Bowl? I was there in person, they beat him over and over again. If not for pressure from Ram DL, Chase and Higgins would had another 50 to 60 yards easily. They got open against Ramsey with ease and many consider Ramsey one of the best CB's in the NFL.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Sled21 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 01:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good or elite can look bad going up against elite.

How did Ramsey do covering Higgins and Chase in the Super Bowl? I was there in person, they beat him over and over again. If not for pressure from Ram DL, Chase and Higgins would had another 50 to 60 yards easily. They got open against Ramsey with ease and many consider Ramsey one of the best CB's in the NFL.

Yeah, Chase ran Ramsey right into the ground on the last play of the game and had Aaron Donald been a fraction of a second slower, Chase had nothing but green turf between him and the end zone for the win. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 07:50 AM)Stewy Wrote: Yeah, well, it was an if/then statement.  Sorry to rankle.

It's all good Stewy. Rock On

(03-30-2023, 07:52 AM)Stewy Wrote: And every day, which is why I have him on ignore.

Haven't ever used the ignore feature, but days like yesterday make me think about it.

Frank has made some good points before though, so I wouldn't call him a troll every day.

(03-30-2023, 07:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I believe Joe Burrow said it best when talking about the left side of Carman and Volson in the playoffs. "I felt nothing from that side the entire game" You really can't get better praise than that.

True that Sled. Gives me hope for the future with both those guys. At the very least we might have fantastic depth, something
we haven't had in forever on the OL. If Carman can successfully make the move to RT and play great we are sitting pretty with 
Orlando Brown here, Volson growing, Karras at Center and Cappa at RG.

(03-30-2023, 07:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Um, it was me that posted that statement, not Nate. And the statement about Volson becoming a top 5 guard in the league came from Karras, and I will STILL take his word on it over yours any day of the week. I mean, you've been right about so much, right? Zac, Lou, etc etc....  Volson had a three game stretch where he faced Derrick Brown, Cam Heyward and Jeffery Simmons, and in that stretch gave up 1 sack and 1 QB hit. When they played the Chiefs in week 13, he faced Chris Jones and stoned him, giving up 0 pressures on 42 pass blocking snaps, while posting a 77.2 Run-blocking grade. People can look at his overall PFF grade and say "meh" if they want, I'm really excited to see what he can do in year two playing between Karras and Zeus.

And it is a good post, I just never said it. That was impressive from Volson in that stretch, anyone who says different just is 
hating on the guy irrationally. What Volson did to Chris Jones, Heyward and Jeffrey Simmons was badazz for a rookie, let alone 
a guy that came from a small school like North Dakota State. 

Volson should really grow from his rookie year. That was a major leap going from college where he was a man amongst boys 
to the pros and going against the best in the world.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - OSUfan - 03-30-2023

(03-29-2023, 11:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The injuries and play were already in question, this on top of it makes it a no brainer to me to make a trade with a decent offer.

Completely agree Go Cards. Keep the team's culture a rollin'. Orlando Brown has bought in, same with Irv Smith who I think might 
surprise some people, namely OSUfan. Irv Smith is quick and fast and has a drive about him to be great even if he is undersized for 
a TE. Sidney Jones is talented and has more than solid film to watch if any questioned the pickup, injuries withstanding...

I like where our team is and if Jonah doesn't want to be a part of it, let him chase money instead of rings.

I hope Irv Smith rewrites the TE history books for the Bengals. The issues with Smith have not been as a receiver but as an inline drive blocker. I can tell you the signing of Smith would not make me shy away from a high TE selection in this draft at all.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bengal Dude - 03-30-2023

I don't see the team trading Jonah before the draft unless an amazing offer is thrown at them. If we take an OT in the 1st or 2nd, then I see the team willing to trade him. The team might even hang onto him for TC purposes and use him for a trade if we need to fill another hole on the roster. As of now, I feel like Jonah will be the starting RT week one.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Luvnit2 - 03-31-2023

(03-30-2023, 11:23 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't see the team trading Jonah before the draft unless an amazing offer is thrown at them. If we take an OT in the 1st or 2nd, then I see the team willing to trade him. The team might even hang onto him for TC purposes and use him for a trade if we need to fill another hole on the roster. As of now, I feel like Jonah will be the starting RT week one.

I can see this also. I could also see Cody Ford as our starting LG beating out Volson. He played with Orlando Brown at Oklahoma so the 2 of them likely have a chemistry which could help both Brown and Ford.

Volson could also improve, he was a starter and was inconsistent in hs rookie season. But competition at these positions and guys on 1 year deals could yield great results for our OL in 2023.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-31-2023

(03-30-2023, 08:01 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I hope Irv Smith rewrites the TE history books for the Bengals. The issues with Smith have not been as a receiver but as an inline drive blocker. I can tell you the signing of Smith would not make me shy away from a high TE selection in this draft at all.

Oh yeah, the Irv Smith signing shouldn't sway us at all from drafting a TE, or even two with his injury history.

I know Irv is only 6'2" 240 pounds but he has good hands, is fast and is hard as heck to tackle and he is only 24. High upside especially
as a dump off option and on TE screens. The Irv Smith signing makes me think a TE like Kincaid is out of the question as he cannot block.

Darnell Washington or Mayer are still possibilities even if I want Darnell Wright the most at 28.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - OSUfan - 03-31-2023

(03-31-2023, 01:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh yeah, the Irv Smith signing shouldn't sway us at all from drafting a TE, or even two with his injury history.

I know Irv is only 6'2" 240 pounds but he has good hands, is fast and is hard as heck to tackle and he is only 24. High upside especially
as a dump off option and on TE screens. The Irv Smith signing makes me think a TE like Kincaid is out of the question as he cannot block.

Darnell Washington or Mayer are still possibilities even if I want Darnell Wright the most at 28.

Oh yeah I am open to many things at 28 and they Bengals have made it possible to go many ways with the way they have used free agency.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-31-2023

(03-30-2023, 11:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We could have these tackles all playing for a 2024 contract:

Williams
Carman
Ford
Smith (signed but easy cut as little dead money)
Collins (signed, but easy cut as little dead money and 7 million cap savings in 2024 if cut)

I would say there will be a lot of hungry and angry players in that group playing for a next Bengal contract or to impress another NFL team

If we draft another tackle in round 1 or 2, it then gets very interesting. They do have Ford listed as a guard on Spotrac for what it worth,

Some of those guys are competing for a 2023 spot as well. Don't forget Adeniji. I think it extremely unlikely that Brown, Williams, Collins, Carman, Adeniji, Ford, and Smith all make the final roster. 

Even if Collins is on PUP AND Williams gets traded, I think one of the others still gets cut. And that's without a draft pick at OT. If a guy could cover OG4 and OT4, then maybe we keep 5 tackles. But Carman/Adeniji/Ford have all looked bad at guard. Collins had a decent year at G a while back, but he's likely hurt. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Synric - 03-31-2023

(03-31-2023, 02:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Some of those guys are competing for a 2023 spot as well. Don't forget Adeniji. I think it extremely unlikely that Brown, Williams, Collins, Carman, Adeniji, Ford, and Smith all make the final roster. 

Even if Collins is on PUP AND Williams gets traded, I think one of the others still gets cut. And that's without a draft pick at OT. If a guy could cover OG4 and OT4, then maybe we keep 5 tackles. But Carman/Adeniji/Ford have all looked bad at guard. Collins had a decent year at G a while back, but he's likely hurt. 

Teams typically only carry 9 offensive linemen 5 starters, a swing tackle, and a back up center take up 7 spots.

Edit: Backup Center could be a fun position battle to watch between Trey Hill, Ben Brown, and possibly a rookie.