Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? (/Thread-Coronavirus-Information-who-do-you-trust)

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 09:56 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Not to the degree I've heard about wearing masks and social distancing. Not to mention the public shaming of those who AREN'T wearing a mask/social distancing. Heaven forbid if even a DOCTOR tells someone they should go on a diet.

Nope, but that infringes upon MY rights. We wouldn' t want that, now would we?

In all seriousness, I'm a non-smoker, but I don't believe the government should be able to tell a business whether they can or can't allow smoking. 

Well, heart disease didn’t suddenly start killing people in the US since March. And you have heard about reducing all the risk factors to reduce heart disease including public smoking bans.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Au165 - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 10:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, heart disease didn’t suddenly start killing people in the US since March. And you have heard about reducing all the risk factors to reduce heart disease including public smoking bans.

Right, part of the issue with heart disease is people know it's bad but they simply are unwilling to give up the habits, or pick them up in terms of exercise, to do anything about it. Instead, they want a magic pill that fixes all the damage they do while living however they want. Actually, it's kind of like people not wanting to commit to doing the things to end the pandemic (Masks, Gathering Restrictions, Social Distancing) but instead are waiting around for a cure or vaccine so they aren't inconvenienced by having to alter their lives.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - PhilHos - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 10:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: No, I said while I feel for them they are making decisions that lead to their own demise. On the other hand, you are literally saying 250k dead isn't a big deal because it's not 650k. I am telling you that one is a lifetime of bad decisions leading to death and one is a communicable disease where other people's decisions impact you potentially being dead. 

Just like you didn't say you were fine with 650k, I didn't say 250k dead isn't a big deal. My point was that heart disease kills more than COVID has, but there's no national public outcry like there is with COVID. 

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 09:53 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I agree with everything you just said.

I simply disagree with lock downs and not allowing people to live normally.

Mask up, social distance if you can and live life imo.

I hear ya but my cynicism hit high gear when you have so many people who romanticize sacrifice in the name of country but then cry foul as soon as they are asked to back it up. 

(10-27-2020, 10:47 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Just like you didn't say you were fine with 650k, I didn't say 250k dead isn't a big deal. My point was that heart disease kills more than COVID has, but there's no national public outcry like there is with COVID. 

There have been plenty of health regulations that people (myself included) have complained about or criticized.  Have we already forgotten Michelle Obama getting all "Jane Fonda health nazi" on our poor children who just want to exercise their right to tater tots and a sedentary lifestyle?

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - bfine32 - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 10:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya but my cynicism hit high gear when you have so many people who romanticize sacrifice in the name of country but then cry foul as soon as they are asked to back it up. 

I agree with this comment:

"I'd die for this Country"

"Here, wear this mask when you're around people in public"

"WHAT!?!?!"

I lean Conservative (save it) but really wearing a mask and social distancing should not be a biased issue; nor should the fact that we are facing a National Pandemic and we'd all be better off pulling on the same side of the rope instead of pointing fingers. 

(10-27-2020, 10:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree with this comment:

"I'd die for this Country"

"Here, wear this mask when you're around people in public"

"WHAT!?!?!"

I lean Conservative (save it) but really wearing a mask and social distancing should not be a biased issue; nor should the fact that we are facing a National Pandemic and we'd all be better off pulling on the same side of the rope instead of pointing fingers. 

It reminds me of post 9/11 when every rural bar I went to was full of dudes who would totally love to kick taliban ass if the draft came back.  

I ain't gonna voluntarily sign up and the draft is unconstitutional also I have a bad back and ADHD and blah blah blah. 

Same thing with jury duty. I sat there in a room with people who were talking about how they'd love to do their civic duty but they had reasons someone else would have to put their lives on hold rather than them. I was just honest and the prosecution struck me about 3 questions in. Oh well. It was a murder trial too....sexy!

(10-27-2020, 10:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I lean Conservative (save it) but really wearing a mask and social distancing should not be a biased issue; nor should the fact that we are facing a National Pandemic and we'd all be better off pulling on the same side of the rope instead of pointing fingers. 

Agreed. I hate that everything gets politicized nowadays. Let's just all recognize that COVID is a pandemic and we can all do our part by masking up and social distancing.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 10:47 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Just like you didn't say you were fine with 650k, I didn't say 250k dead isn't a big deal. My point was that heart disease kills more than COVID has, but there's no national public outcry like there is with COVID. 

Probably because heart disease has been killing people for thousands of years and Covid 19 has been killing people for about 11 months. Mitigation strategies to curb Covid will help prevent deaths this year. Mitigation strategies to curb heart disease will prevent deaths 10 years from now. You’re aware of what you need to do to prevent heart disease and you’ve heard about it since health class in junior high.

(10-27-2020, 11:07 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Agreed. I hate that everything gets politicized nowadays. Let's just all recognize that COVID is a pandemic and we can all do our part by masking up and social distancing.

Like calling Covid the Democrat’s new hoax or downplaying the pandemic for re-election purposes? I hate that, too.

(10-27-2020, 11:13 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Like calling Covid the Democrat’s new hoax

Never happened. You have legitimate criticisms of Trump (like the part of your post I didn't quote). Why do you feel the need on spreading things that are patently false about Trump? You do realize that everytime you share false information that only helps Trump with his "fake news" claims, right?

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - fredtoast - 10-27-2020

Other people can't give me heart disease.  It is not contagious.

(10-27-2020, 11:23 AM)PhilHos Wrote:  Why do you feel the need on spreading things that are patently false about Trump? 

Again you have to split hairs to defend Trump.

He said that the Democrats were trying to make covid sound worse than it really was.  He accused them of "politicizing" it.  he said this was their "new hoax".   This was while we was insisting it was not worse than the flu and would go away with no further problems.

So basically everythinghe said was a huge lie while everything the Democrats was saying was true.  Yet he called their opinion, which was correct, a "hoax".

So while he technically did not call covid a "hoax" he called the claim that it was worse than the flu and would not just go away a "hoax".

If you think that somehow supports his claims about "fake news" then you have no clue what "fake news" really means.  He called the truth a hoax.  THAT is real "fake news".

(10-27-2020, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Again you have to split hairs to defend Trump.
No, I'm defending the TRUTH. Sorry that that bothers you. 
(10-27-2020, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He said that the Democrats were trying to make covid sound worse than it really was.  He accused them of "politicizing" it.  he said this was their "new hoax".   This was while we was insisting it was not worse than the flu and would go away with no further problems.

So basically everythinghe said was a huge lie while everything the Democrats was saying was true.  Yet he called their opinion, which was correct, a "hoax".

So while he technically did not call covid a "hoax" he called the claim that it was worse than the flu and would not just go away a "hoax".

Complains I splits hairs; proceeds to split hairs. Rolleyes

(10-27-2020, 12:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, I'm defending the TRUTH. Sorry that that bothers you. 

Complains I splits hairs; proceeds to split hairs. Rolleyes

The truth is that Donald Trump called the truth a hoax.

Forget about who is splitting hairs and just tell me if you disagree with that or not

**waits for dodgy answer that will not address Trump calling the truth a hoax**

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - bfine32 - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The truth is that Donald Trump called the truth a hoax.

Forget about who is splitting hairs and just tell me if you disagree with that or not

**waits for dodgy answer that will not address Trump calling the truth a hoax**

**Check on Point of View"**

Did Biden call Trump's early travel ban to China Xenophobic? 

(10-27-2020, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The truth is that Donald Trump called the truth a hoax.

No, he did not. The Democrats HAD politicized COVID. They called Trump's travel ban xenophobic (whether it was effective is a valid criticism, claiming he was racist for doing so, not so much); Pelosi and Shumer invited everyone to come down to Chinatown to show they weren't racist. They were certainly critical of Donald Trump (ie. calling travel ban xenophobic) at a time when only 6 people in America had died from COVID. 

So, no, everything he said was NOT a "huge lie". 

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Goalpost - 10-27-2020

When Trump halted flights, DeBlasio called for unity against Xenophobia urging people in New York to ride subways in defiance. That was brilliant...

(10-27-2020, 12:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: **Check on Point of View"**

Did Biden call Trump's early travel ban to China Xenophobic? 

(10-27-2020, 12:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, he did not. The Democrats HAD politicized COVID. They called Trump's travel ban xenophobic 

The travel ban was useless.  It was like closing the gate after the horses were already out.  (and it did not really close the gate at all because it did not really ban travel from China to the United States.)

The virus was already here in the United States and the limited travel ban did NOTHING to prevent the spread of the virus.

(10-27-2020, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The travel ban was useless.  It was like closing the gate after the horses were already out.  (and it did not really close the gate at all because it did not really ban travel from China to the United States.)

The virus was already here in the United States and the limited travel ban did NOTHING to prevent the spread of the virus.

But that's not how the Democrats categorized the travel ban, is it? The point was the Dems called it xenophobic in just one of their many attempts to call Trump a racist.