Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: 2020 Election (/Thread-2020-Election)

RE: 2020 Election - PhilHos - 10-15-2020

(10-14-2020, 09:56 PM)Dill Wrote: And no one cut off Trump's head.

I believe he was referring to Kathy Griffin's attempt at political humor.

[Image: kathy-griffin-trump-head.png.CROP.promo-xlarge2.png]

RE: 2020 Election - Dill - 10-15-2020

(10-15-2020, 07:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, it has been answered. I've seen the articles on the topic, dug into the research. And you are correct that this has been driven primarily by one side. One side did start it, and it is more common on one side than the other.

LOL I know you know it has been answered. On at least two threads I can think of you have, for example, reviewed the infamous Gingrich Memo.

But I thought it good to raise this reminder, lest some allow a Madonna threat to bomb the WH in 2017 to reduce all division to some "both sides" equivalence.

RE: 2020 Election - Dill - 10-15-2020

(10-15-2020, 12:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I believe he was referring to Kathy Griffin's attempt at political humor.

[Image: kathy-griffin-trump-head.png.CROP.promo-xlarge2.png]

I'm sure that's what he was referring too.

Pretty sure that's not really Trump's head though--just a first Amendment exercise that got her fired. 

"Both sides" don't tolerate such extremes, evidently.

RE: 2020 Election - bfine32 - 10-15-2020

(10-14-2020, 09:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree. Trump triggered a lot of folks before he ever stepped foot onto Pennsylvania Avenue. I've never seen anything quite like it. 

Usually the losers will say "well we'll get 'em in 4 years" but this time was different. 

I think a lot of it started because some folks think celebrities have enlightened political minds. 

Madonna wanted to blow up the White House even before Trump unpacked. 

De Niro wanted to fight him on day 2

That one stupid comedian cut off his head off

[Image: tumblr_orvfwvvVex1qgvqxoo3_r1_400.gif]
Damn I'm good:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2020/10/15/trumps-town-hall-ava-duvernay-amy-schumer-more-protest-nbc/3664562001/

Quote:More than 100 Hollywood stars and producers have signed a letter protesting NBC's decision to schedule a town hall with President Trump Thursday night, directly opposite Democratic candidate Joe Biden's town hall on ABC. 

Stars including Ava DuVernay, Billy Porter, Amy Schumer, Julianne Moore and Seth Rogen – and NBC talent such as the cast of "This is Us" and "Law & Order: SVU" actress Mariska Hargitay – said they were "devastated" over the decision.

RE: 2020 Election - fredtoast - 10-15-2020

Celebrities lost their shit when Trump was elected because Trump is a twitter troll who loved to call people nasty names as part of his campaign strategy.

Celebrities did NOT lose their shit as bad when bush was elected because Bush was not a twitter troll who loved to call people nasty names as part of his campaign strategy.

So what is wrong with saying "Because Trump" when is is 100% correct?

RE: 2020 Election - Belsnickel - 10-15-2020

(10-15-2020, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn I'm good:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2020/10/15/trumps-town-hall-ava-duvernay-amy-schumer-more-protest-nbc/3664562001/

So, celebrities doing their usual self-important thing is somehow evidence that others view them as having "enlightened political minds"? Yeah, that doesn't track.

RE: 2020 Election - Big Boss - 10-15-2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/Acyn/status/1316801262277455872

(10-15-2020, 05:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, celebrities doing their usual self-important thing is somehow evidence that others view them as having "enlightened political minds"? Yeah, that doesn't track.

It makes news and they continue to speak for a reason. Perhaps maybe, just maybe some folks eat it up? 

(10-15-2020, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Celebrities lost their shit when Trump was elected because Trump is a twitter troll who loved to call people nasty names as part of his campaign strategy.

Celebrities did NOT lose their shit as bad when bush was elected because Bush was not a twitter troll who loved to call people nasty names as part of his campaign strategy.

So what is wrong with saying "Because Trump" when is is 100% correct?

This is a very liberal answer and I'm glad you shared it.

No need for personal responsibility or accountability on their end. It's cause Trump.

You do realize your train of logic there can be used for anything.

"Why did James Earl Ray kill MLK"

"Cause MLK"

RE: 2020 Election - fredtoast - 10-15-2020

(10-15-2020, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It makes news and they continue to speak for a reason. Perhaps maybe, just maybe some folks eat it up? 

Celebrities make the news no matter what they do.  If I get in a fight with my neighbor it is not national news, but if Will Smith does then it is.

It is not in the news because people think celebrities have "enlightened political minds".  It is simply because celebrities are famous.  No matter what they do it makes the news.

(10-15-2020, 06:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Celebrities make the news no matter what they do.  If I get in a fight with my neighbor it is not national news, but if Will Smith does then it is.

It is not in the news because people think celebrities have "enlightened political minds".  It is simply because celebrities are famous.  No matter what they do it makes the news.

Guy you even admitted it was different this time. Cause Trump

Looks like Trump caught a break by cancelling tonight's debate
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/c-span-suspends-scully-admits-192743359.html

Quote:C-SPAN suspended its political editor Steve Scully indefinitely Thursday after he admitted to lying about his Twitter feed being hacked when he was confronted about a questionable exchange with former Trump aide Anthony Scaramucci.

The fix is in

RE: 2020 Election - hollodero - 10-15-2020

Is anyone watching this Trump town hall thing?

Just asking because Trump just declared he knows nothing about QAnon, except that they are strongly against pedophilia, on which he agrees with them.

(10-15-2020, 09:17 PM)hollodero Wrote: Is anyone watching this Trump town hall thing?

Just asking because Trump just declared he knows nothing about QAnon, except that they are strongly against pedophilia, on which he agrees with them.

I'm not watching either one. But there's talk that which one ever gets the bigger viewership will have bragging rights and perhaps get a bump in the polls. So...

RE: 2020 Election - BmorePat87 - 10-15-2020

Trump was asked about him retweeting a conspiracy theory from a Qanon account about the Bin Laden killing being faked:

"I know nothing about it. That was an opinion of somebody. That was a retweet. I put it out there. People can decide for themselves"

"I don't get that. You're the president. You're not like someone's crazy uncle who can just retweet whatever."

"I do a lot of retweets, and frankly, because the media is so fake and so corrupt if I didn't have social media...I wouldn't be able to get the word out"

RE: 2020 Election - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-16-2020

(10-14-2020, 09:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree. Trump triggered a lot of folks before he ever stepped foot onto Pennsylvania Avenue. I've never seen anything quite like it. 

Usually the losers will say "well we'll get 'em in 4 years" but this time was different. 

I think a lot of it started because some folks think celebrities have enlightened political minds. 

Madonna wanted to blow up the White House even before Trump unpacked. 

De Niro wanted to fight him on day 2

That one stupid comedian cut off his head off

[Image: tumblr_orvfwvvVex1qgvqxoo3_r1_400.gif]

Well, a minority of folks voted one of those celebrity geniuses to be the 45th POTUS and look how that shit turned out.

(10-15-2020, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn I'm good:

Huh, so ABC is televising a career politician and NBC is televising a celebrity some folks think has an enlightened political mind despite a lack of political experience, a proven inability to govern, and whose signature legislation is giving himself a tax cut?

And you’re about to dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back about celebrities who are complaining about the same thing you’re complaining about while you’re totally oblivious to the irony?

LMAO!

(10-15-2020, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It makes news and they continue to speak for a reason. Perhaps maybe, just maybe some folks eat it up? 

Some folks do eat that shit up when a celebrity tweets. Especially when those folks for some reason think that celebrity has some sort of enlightened political mind.

(10-15-2020, 08:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like Trump caught a break by cancelling tonight's debate
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/c-span-suspends-scully-admits-192743359.html

The fix is in

So because Scully admitted he tweeted, “@Scaramucci should I respond to trump” that indicates the debate was rigged?

(10-15-2020, 10:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump was asked about him retweeting a conspiracy theory from a Qanon account about the Bin Laden killing being faked:

"I know nothing about it. That was an opinion of somebody. That was a retweet. I put it out there. People can decide for themselves"

"I don't get that. You're the president. You're not like someone's crazy uncle who can just retweet whatever."

"I do a lot of retweets, and frankly, because the media is so fake and so corrupt if I didn't have social media...I wouldn't be able to get the word out"

That’s exactly what he is. His niece is a psychologist who says he’s f’n crazy and is suing him for fraud (real shocker there.)