Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
I'll start this off.

Kasich to speak at the Democratic convention

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/508088-report-john-kasich-to-speak-at-dnc-on-behalf-of-biden?fbclid=IwAR1In10vR-TyK1gJ8J3XkmQWA81KpLnaI2WlhTCHu5aAoUiR9my-ViNJ08c&fbclid=IwAR2VbhM4oLFT3f7WGCajbow6AyRvrSIw2AZs4kA8PT2B5YWWhgu5Fp8Enwk
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 12:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'll start this off.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/508088-report-john-kasich-to-speak-at-dnc-on-behalf-of-biden?fbclid=IwAR1In10vR-TyK1gJ8J3XkmQWA81KpLnaI2WlhTCHu5aAoUiR9my-ViNJ08c&fbclid=IwAR2VbhM4oLFT3f7WGCajbow6AyRvrSIw2AZs4kA8PT2B5YWWhgu5Fp8Enwk

Before the 2016 election got started I really thought Kasich would run much stronger.  He seemed to be a bit more moderate than many of the other Republicans.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Before the 2016 election got started I really thought Kasich would run much stronger.  He seemed to be a bit more moderate than many of the other Democrats.

Freudian slip? LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Kasich won the Ohio primary in early 2016 against Trump and the other GOP candidates, too bad he couldn't muster more support than that of his home state.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 12:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Freudian slip? LOL

Yep.

I guess I wrote "Democrat" because I had just read "DNC".

He did not do very well in 2016, but I still think he is a pretty well respected Republican.  I have never seen so many high ranking members of one party turn against their Presidential candidate.

Romney WAS their Presidential candidate and he trashes Trump as much as anyone.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 03:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.

I guess I wrote "Democrat" because I had just read "DNC".

He did not do very well in 2016, but I still think he is a pretty well respected Republican.  I have never seen so many high ranking members of one party turn against their Presidential candidate.

Romney WAS their Presidential candidate and he trashes Trump as much as anyone.

Romney, Bush, and McCain didn't have many nice things to say about Trump.  Honestly, Trump is lucky Reagan is long dead because believing that St. Ronnie and Lincoln would give Trump a thumbs up is all that really matters.
Reply/Quote
The GOP is having their first in person conference in months and it is pretty much them yelling at Liz Cheney for not supporting Trump.

More in the thread.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 01:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: The GOP is having their first in person conference in months and it is pretty much them yelling at Liz Cheney for not supporting Trump.

More in the thread.

Methinks dad is telling Liz to get on the right side of Trumpism before it collapses along with all of it's ride-or-die accomplices in the House.  
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 12:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'll start this off.

The Dems will love you, John.  All the way up until you decide to run for president again.  But enjoy it while you can.  

Personally I think time would be better spent speaking to the libertarians maybe.  Maybe try to convince some Republicans to vote for them.  It would still be a +1 vote for Biden.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Is Jared in charge of this too?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-ad-police-officer-attacked-2014-ukraine-protests-2020-7?utm_source=reddit.com&fbclid=IwAR3WoSM6S-mRQwgES_9a_O9GnmQucr00BHbK9iVYqUsMCsLAu6QAbW3qoCU

Quote:A new Trump campaign ad depicting a police officer being attacked by protesters is actually a 2014 photo of pro-democracy protests in Ukraine
[Image: 5f18206f5af6cc608229f235?width=900&forma...&auto=webp]
A Trump campaign ad used this image of protesters and police officers in Ukraine from 2014. Courtesy of Mstyslav Chernov

• President Donald Trump's reelection campaign released a new Facebook ad with an image of a group of protesters attacking a police officer alongside the words "public safety vs chaos & violence."
  • But that photo is actually from a pro-democracy protest in Kyiv, Ukraine, in 2014. The photographer, Mstyslav Chernov, confirmed to Business Insider that it is his photo from six years ago.
  • Trump has sent federal law-enforcement officers to quell protests in Portland, Oregon, and threatened to send more to other cities led by Democrats.
  • The Trump campaign has seized on the protests in the US as a key campaign issue. Chad Wolf, the acting secretary of homeland security, has described the Portland protesters as "violent anarchists."
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

A new ad for President Donald Trump's reelection campaign used an image of pro-democracy protests in Ukraine from 2014 to show what it called "chaos & violence" in the US.

The ad, published on Tuesday, includes a photo of the president listening to police leaders next to another photo appearing to show a group of protesters attacking a police officer on the ground.

"Public safety vs chaos & violence," the text underneath the photos says.

[Image: 5f180d0e5af6cc5ba8284103?width=700&forma...&auto=webp]
A screenshot of one of the ads on Facebook. Donald J. Trump for President, Inc/Facebook

Trump has sent federal law-enforcement officers to quell protests in Portland, Oregon, and has threatened to send more to other cities led by Democrats. Trump campaign insiders have pounced on the protests as a key electoral issue, Business Insider reported.

However, the image the Trump campaign used is not from the US – or from this year. It was uploaded on Wikimedia Commons, Wikipedia's public-domain media archive, in 2014 with the label "a police officer attacked by protesters during clashes in Ukraine, Kyiv. Events of February 18, 2014."

The photographer, Mstyslav Chernov, confirmed to Business Insider that this was his photo from Ukraine in 2014.

"Photography has always been used to manipulate public opinion. And with the rise of social media and the rise of populism, this is happening even more," he said.

"The only way to combat this is through education and media literacy. When people learn to independently distinguish truth from lies, then the number of manipulations will decrease."
[Image: 5f1823244dca68023a3926d2?width=700&forma...&auto=webp]
President Donald Trump at a press conference on Tuesday. Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

Trump has used inflammatory language to describe the numerous demonstrations against police brutality in the country that were spurred by the death of George Floyd in late May.

In Portland, where protests have continued for almost two months, federal officers — sent against the wishes of local officials — have used tear gas and nonlethal munitions on protesters. Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf described the protesters as "violent anarchists" in a statement last Thursday.

Jesse Lehrich, a former spokesman for Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign, tweeted a screenshot of the ad on Tuesday, adding "LOL."

According to =desc&sort_data[mode]=relevancy_monthly_grouped]Facebook's advertising archive, the ad has run three times since Tuesday and has been accompanied by messages designed to appeal to American evangelicals.
"Help ensure Pro-Life values are represented in Washington for four more years," one post with the ad said.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 03:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The Dems will love you, John.  All the way up until you decide to run for president again.  But enjoy it while you can.  

Personally I think time would be better spent speaking to the libertarians maybe.  Maybe try to convince some Republicans to vote for them.  It would still be a +1 vote for Biden.

Biden has probably offered a cabinet position to Kasich

Obama appointed multiple Republicans to cabinet positions. 

-Ray LaHood, Sec. of Transportation
-John McHugh, Sec. of the Army
-Robert Gates, Sec. of Defense
-Chuck Hagel, Co-Chair of Intelligence Board
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 04:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is Jared in charge of this too?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-ad-police-officer-attacked-2014-ukraine-protests-2020-7?utm_source=reddit.com&fbclid=IwAR3WoSM6S-mRQwgES_9a_O9GnmQucr00BHbK9iVYqUsMCsLAu6QAbW3qoCU

Trump is in a bit of a hard spot with this one when you realize the best way he can show how terrible things will be under Biden is by showing how terrible things are right now under him.  Hey, look how crappy things are right now!  Keep me in office and I'll keep things great!

Seems logical.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Biden has probably offered a cabinet position.

Obama appointed multiple Republicans to cabinet positions and other high positions. 

-Ray LaHood, Sec. of Transportation
-John McHugh, Sec. of the Army
-Robert Gates, Sec. of Defense
-Chuck Hagel, Co-Chair of Intelligence Board

That makes sense.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Honest mistake.  The search engine he uses has a filter that removes all pictures of black people.

Probably a great idea. If he were to post a picture of folks rioting and one of them was black; he'd be called a racist by some.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Probably a great idea. If he were to post a picture of folks rioting and one of them was black; he'd be called a racist by some.

Plus he totally has a friend who is black.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 04:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is Jared in charge of this too?

It seems the folks beating on the cop in that picture were pro democratic protestors rallying against the man who was turning their country into a one party system. When he left power, he fled to Russia where he was given asylum by Putin. He was then tried and convicted of high treason in the Ukraine... Of course he was hiding in Russia at the time.

Anyway... Back in 2004 this same guy hired an American to help his party come to power. That guy's name is Paul Manafort. You can't make this shit up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 10:54 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

lol
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 12:11 AM)jason Wrote: It seems the folks beating on the cop in that picture were pro democratic protestors rallying against the man who was turning their country into a one party system. When he left power, he fled to Russia where he was given asylum by Putin. He was then tried and convicted of high treason in the Ukraine... Of course he was hiding in Russia at the time.

Anyway... Back in 2004 this same guy hired an American to help his party come to power. That guy's name is Paul Manafort. You can't make this shit up.

To the last part: interesting, I did not know that.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 12:11 AM)jason Wrote: It seems the folks beating on the cop in that picture were pro democratic protestors rallying against the man who was turning their country into a one party system. When he left power, he fled to Russia where he was given asylum by Putin. He was then tried and convicted of high treason in the Ukraine... Of course he was hiding in Russia at the time.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jfuzlwb6dptw7ki0he...=giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote