Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Presidential Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: 2020 Presidential Election (/Thread-2020-Presidential-Election)

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-21-2020

(06-20-2020, 11:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Why just one year?  Why not make it a death sentence?  If we're going to cheer our fascist regime, why not up the ante?

Ah, Jesus, you just made bfine’s top 2-3 again.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Dill - 06-21-2020

(06-21-2020, 12:00 AM)samhain Wrote: DJT takes another tough loss in Tulsa and it's a humiliating one.  Up until tonight, he's always had the frothing troglodytes to provide him with a respite from the media and the realities of his lack of fitness for the office.  Apparently, not anymore.  He and his staff grossly underestimated the way people at large view the threat of the virus, IMO.  A lot of people still aren't ready to pretend it's all over, and yes, some of them are probably Trump supporters.  

It was a crap week in virus news.  By and large, it doesn't look very much like a thing that has an end in sight.  The rally was a desperate gamble, and one that he lost bigly.

NO!  there were protestors outside. Very bad people. And aggressive threatening media. Cameras pointed RIGHT AT people!

They kept thousands away from the rally.

(06-21-2020, 12:51 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Nately120 Wrote: Why just one year?  Why not make it a death sentence?  If we're going to cheer our fascist regime, why not up the ante?

Ah, Jesus, you just made bfine’s top 2-3 again.

Using "the deceased" to vent his disdain--twice in one day! Hilarious

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-21-2020

(06-21-2020, 01:05 AM)Dill Wrote: Using "the deceased" to vent his disdain--twice in one day! Hilarious

He didn’t even do it for money like Trump.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - samhain - 06-21-2020

(06-21-2020, 12:59 AM)Dill Wrote: NO!  there were protestors outside. Very bad people. And aggressive threatening media. Cameras pointed RIGHT AT people!

They kept thousands away from the rally.

Ah, that damned ANTIFA again.  Probably ISIS, The Weather Underground, Sendero Luminoso, the Symbionese Liberation Army, and a couple of El Chapo's cousins with the assist, too.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - jason - 06-21-2020

(06-20-2020, 11:31 PM)Dill Wrote: Well I watched. 

He came out roarin', but the crowd was more low energy.

No riots outside, but one poor lady arrested for sitting around in an "I can't breathe" T shirt.

On and on and on about that damned ramp and drinking water at the West Point commencement.

Saving our heritage from the people who tear down statues.

Big new addition to his campaign platform--one year in prison for anyone who burns a flag.

"The left" controls Biden, and if he wins it is the end of our freedom. Iran and China cheering Biden.

Other than the image of thousands of uncovered faces hooting and hollering indoors it was a letdown. "Kung Flu" seemed to be his only new material... And you're right; the ramp story was waaaay too long.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - GMDino - 06-21-2020

We were having a Father's Day dinner last night and my BIL turned on the speech while we were playing card.  There wasn't a single Trump supporter in the room with us.  It was the greatest night of comedy I've had in a long time.

No one shows up to view the speech.

He spends 17 minutes explaining how dangerous ramps are and then drink from a half a glass of water...and the crowd goes wild.

Says he told his people to slow down the testing...immediately followed by a "correction" that he was "joking".  Sooo...what's the punchline there?

For the Nth time Trump thinks his rallies are all about him telling adoring fans how smart and wonderful he is and noth about providing any kind of guidance for what he has done or will do in office.

Anyone with an open mind watching that "performance" last night would suggest he be put away not in the oval office.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - masonbengals fan - 06-21-2020

Bet there were several open minds in that gathering. LOL

(06-21-2020, 10:38 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Bet there were several open minds in that gathering. LOL

A lot of open mouths....yawning.

All seriousness aside Trump has lost whatever little bit of ability he had to adlib.  He just repeats and mispronounces.  It's sad to watch. 

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Benton - 06-21-2020

(06-20-2020, 11:31 PM)Dill Wrote: Well I watched. 

He came out roarin', but the crowd was more low energy.

No riots outside, but one poor lady arrested for sitting around in an "I can't breathe" T shirt.

On and on and on about that damned ramp and drinking water at the West Point commencement.

Saving our heritage from the people who tear down statues.

Big new addition to his campaign platform--one year in prison for anyone who burns a flag.

"The left" controls Biden, and if he wins it is the end of our freedom. Iran and China cheering Biden.

Iran and China probably are rooting for Biden. Having a rival is better for them than a guy who just bugs them for good deals to increase his popularity, without offering anything in return.

(06-21-2020, 12:25 PM)Benton Wrote: Iran and China probably are rooting for Biden. Having a rival is better for them than a guy who just bugs them for good deals to increase his popularity, without offering anything in return.

LOL Everyone in the world but Russia, NK and Saudi Arabia are probably rooting for Biden.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Benton - 06-21-2020

(06-21-2020, 12:53 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL Everyone in the world but Russia, NK and Saudi Arabia are probably rooting for Biden.

I'd probably lump NK in with Iran and China at this point. The 'dotard' back and forth was good early on, but then Trump tried to make it look like their relationship was progressing, which, like Iran, isn't good for a David-Goliath propaganda plan. The Saudi's and Russia are going to be heartbroken if Trump loses though.

UHG...he is so thin skinned.

[Image: EbC3MOXX0AE9OTn?format=png&name=900x900]

[Image: EbC3Rv0X0AAwNQD?format=png&name=900x900]

[Image: EbC3WP-XgAY5m2D?format=png&name=900x900]

"my wife"  lol

Are we talking about the same guy ?

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/01/10/steady-hand-joe-bidens-foreign-policy-instincts-are-exactly-what-we-dont-need

The last paragraph pretty much says it all.

"If journalists were consistently calling out Biden’s Iraq War lies—not to mention reminding viewers and readers that the war cost hundreds of thousands of human lives, aside from a financial cost in the trillions of dollars—their worn-out tropes about Biden’s foreign policy “steadiness” would be incredibly difficult to sustain.

I realize hiding in the basement is working now but sooner or later he will have to get on the stage himself and answer for what looks like a lot of major blunders.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/04/28/joe-bidens-failed-foreign-policy-record-warrants-closer-look/

(06-21-2020, 01:52 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Are we talking about the same guy ?

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/01/10/steady-hand-joe-bidens-foreign-policy-instincts-are-exactly-what-we-dont-need

"If journalists were consistently calling out Biden’s Iraq War lies—not to mention reminding viewers and readers that the war cost hundreds of thousands of human lives, aside from a financial cost in the trillions of dollars—their worn-out tropes about Biden’s foreign policy “steadiness” would be incredibly difficult to sustain.

Come on now.  He was steady until 2002. Tongue

(06-21-2020, 01:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: UHG...he is so thin skinned.

100 years from now, grades school students will be memorizing "the ramp speech" right alongside the Gettysburg address! Wink

Steadily good or bad ?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/joe-bidens-streak-of-being-wrong-on-foreign-policy-continues-uninterrupted

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 06-21-2020

(06-21-2020, 01:52 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Are we talking about the same guy ?

I realize hiding in the basement is working now but sooner or later he will have to get on the stage himself and answer for what looks like a lot of major blunders.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/04/28/joe-bidens-failed-foreign-policy-record-warrants-closer-look/

It's working great for the Libs currently. They don't have to make excuses for Biden's comments and can focus solely on trashing Trump's. I thing the DNC will do everything in its power to eliminate or severely modify debates.

They know Biden is a ticking bomb and will do everything to defuse it. Hopefully Biden talks them into allowing open debates, because he thinks he's good at them. 
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-02-08/joe-biden-unplugged-in-new-hampshire

Quote:I debated that woman from Alaska who could see Russia. Okay? I did pretty well.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - samhain - 06-21-2020

(06-21-2020, 02:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's working great for the Libs currently. They don't have to make excuses for Biden's comments and can focus solely on trashing Trump's. I thing the DNC will do everything in its power to eliminate or severely modify debates.

They know Biden is a ticking bomb and will do everything to defuse it. Hopefully Biden talks them into allowing open debates, because he thinks he's good at them. 
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-02-08/joe-biden-unplugged-in-new-hampshire

A ticking time bomb?  I'm sure that's what the remaining MAGA believers are hoping for, and they may be correct.  

On the other hand, Trump is a perpetually exploding time bomb that still think his ideas for winning this election are better than the ones his advisors are giving him.  Ticking time bombs aren't great, but I'll still take the possibility of diffusion over certain detonation on a frequent and assured basis.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 06-21-2020

(06-21-2020, 02:54 PM)samhain Wrote: A ticking time bomb?  I'm sure that's what the remaining MAGA believers are hoping for, and they may be correct.  

On the other hand, Trump is a perpetually exploding time bomb that still think his ideas for winning this election are better than the ones his advisors are giving him.  Ticking time bombs aren't great, but I'll still take the possibility of diffusion over certain detonation on a frequent and assured basis.

And in one short paragraph you have wrapped up the sad state of affairs of what the DNC has trotted out for 2020