Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: 2020 Election (/Thread-2020-Election)

RE: 2020 Election - Mickeypoo - 10-16-2020

(10-15-2020, 09:17 PM)hollodero Wrote: Is anyone watching this Trump town hall thing?

Just asking because Trump just declared he knows nothing about QAnon, except that they are strongly against pedophilia, on which he agrees with them.

Did you notice how they were treated completely different?

RE: 2020 Election - BmorePat87 - 10-16-2020

Unelected Loeffler is looking for a Hail Mary in the GA senate election. She just made an event out of accepting the endorsement of a Qanon congressional candidate who has a history of bigotry.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/15/kelly-loeffler-marjorie-taylor-greene-endorsement-429635

The spectacle led to the National Review calling her unfit for office and damaging to Conservatism.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/kelly-loeffler-is-unfit-for-office/

RE: 2020 Election - Au165 - 10-16-2020

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-administration-rejects-californias-request-wildfire-disaster-assistance/story?id=73650086

This is the issue with the electoral college right here. Trump doesn't care because the state as it is blue so "they" don't help him. If we actually gave the Republicans in the state some value maybe he'd be willing to help, ironically enough, the rural areas burning are mainly the conservative areas oft he state.

Also worth noting, while in Iowa campaigning Trump said "If I lose Iowa I won't be back, you hear that Kim (Iowa Govenor)? Essentially telling her that he won't help the state unless the state votes to put him back in the White House. Trump is the president of the "People Who Vote For Trump States of America" and he isn't even interested in hiding it.

RE: 2020 Election - Nately120 - 10-16-2020

(10-16-2020, 11:18 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Did you notice how they were treated completely different?

Well Biden and Trump treat the media differently, so this may be a chicken vs egg debate by this point. 

RE: 2020 Election - fredtoast - 10-16-2020

(10-15-2020, 06:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize your train of logic there can be used for anything.

"Why did James Earl Ray kill MLK"

"Cause MLK"

Uh, no, I don not realize this at all.

Are you seriously comparing MLK's fight for equal rights to Trump being a twitter troll who incited hatred by calling people nasty names?

That is the only way my logic can be used to say Ray had justification for killing MLK.

And that is the problem with Trump sycophants.  they refuse to acknowledge that there is anything wrong with his nasty name calling and aggressive insulting behavior.  They don't see anything wrong with it that would justify any counter-attack.

Funniest part of this is that these are usually the same people who would tell their kids that they have to stand up to a bully because that is the best way to deal with one.  But when Trump acts like a bully no one is supposed to react becuase what he is doing is no different than what MLK did when he fought for equal rights.Rolleyes

RE: 2020 Election - hollodero - 10-16-2020

(10-16-2020, 11:18 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Did you notice how they were treated completely different?

I have not seen Biden, so no. In general, I do not doubt they are treated differently though. I just figure that's mainly on Trump though.

If one has around 400 million in personal debt, fails to call QAnon nonsense and dangerous, makes wildly false claims about corona and masks and alleged voter fraud and then some, yeah that person will face some additional scrutiny. It'd be weird if that weren't so.

(10-16-2020, 11:35 AM)hollodero Wrote: I have not seen Biden, so no. In general, I do not doubt they are treated differently though. I just figure that's mainly on Trump though.

If one has around 400 million in personal debt, fails to call QAnon nonsense and dangerous, makes wildly false claims about corona and masks and alleged voter fraud and then some, yeah that person will face some additional scrutiny. It'd be weird if that weren't so.

No, that's mainly on the Dem media.

RE: 2020 Election - Nately120 - 10-16-2020

(10-16-2020, 11:50 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: No, that's mainly on the Dem media.

The neo con narrative would lead one to believe the realm of capitalistic news would be ruled by the infinitely more industrious and successful right wing, though. Are liberals really so much better at business thst they've monopolized such a large industry?

RE: 2020 Election - bfine32 - 10-16-2020

(10-16-2020, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no, I don not realize this at all.

Are you seriously comparing MLK's fight for equal rights to Trump being a twitter troll who incited hatred by calling people nasty names?

That is the only way my logic can be used to say Ray had justification for killing MLK.

And that is the problem with Trump sycophants.  they refuse to acknowledge that there is anything wrong with his nasty name calling and aggressive insulting behavior.  They don't see anything wrong with it that would justify any counter-attack.

Funniest part of this is that these are usually the same people who would tell their kids that they have to stand up to a bully because that is the best way to deal with one.  But when Trump acts like a bully no one is supposed to react becuase what he is doing is no different than what MLK did when he fought for equal rights.Rolleyes
Nope.

I'm saying people are responsible for their own actions. Verbal counter attacks are fine. Threats of violence and terrorism are not.

As to your pro bono psychologist couch session: save it.

But of course you're not responsible for your comments....I am. 

(10-16-2020, 11:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The neo con narrative would lead one to believe the realm of capitalistic news would be ruled by the infinitely more industrious and successful right wing, though. Are liberals really so much better at business thst they've monopolized such a large industry?

Apparently so.

RE: 2020 Election - GMDino - 10-16-2020

"Why doesn't "the media" just let him say whatever he wants?!?!

After all that is why he uses Twitter to share anything and everything!  So people can decide for themselves if the Seals who killed Bin Laden really did or if they were killed themselves...or...something?

Anyway just because Biden doesn't yell and because he calmly answers questions why doesn't anyone yell at him?!?!"

~ Trump supporters (probably)

As usual the Alpha Male Right had a problem with dear leader being challenged on what he says.  

It was be funny if it wasn't so delusional and sad.

RE: 2020 Election - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-16-2020

One of them is tweeting about at least two different conspiracy theories, passing along false information about masks, accusing his opponent of taking PEDs, and his personal attorney is currently involved in a scandal to smear Biden most likely with the help of Russian election meddling . . . again . . . while also undermining the current election’s integrity concurrent with voter suppression. On a night the second debate was supposed to take place but was cancelled after Trump refused to participate in a virtual debate because Trump got Covid 19 because the White House fails to follow basic precautions like social distancing or wearing masks further high lip their failed pandemic response.

And the other isn’t doing any of that shit.

You reap what you sow.

(10-16-2020, 02:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: "Why doesn't "the media" just let him say whatever he wants?!?!

After all that is why he uses Twitter to share anything and everything!  So people can decide for themselves if the Seals who killed Bin Laden really did or if they were killed themselves...or...something?

Anyway just because Biden doesn't yell and because he calmly answers questions why doesn't anyone yell at him?!?!"

~ Trump supporters (probably)

As usual the Alpha Male Right had a problem with dear leader being challenged on what he says.  

It was be funny if it wasn't so delusional and sad.

I've seen Biden answer numerous questions other than calmly. Actually his answers are often point of interest; especially the few times he's challenged. Seems I recall the other day him asking a reporter if he was a junkie.

RE: 2020 Election - GMDino - 10-16-2020

(10-16-2020, 02:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've seen Biden answer numerous questions other than calmly. Actually his answers are often point of interest; especially the few times he's challenged. Seems I recall the other day him asking a reporter if he was a junkie.

You need a calendar.

I was writing about last night's town halls however if you wish to go over every time Biden and Trump have ever been asked a question or challenged I also suggest looking up "exceptions to the rule" for further reading before future responses.

(10-16-2020, 02:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: You need a calendar.

I was writing about last night's town halls however if you wish to go over every time Biden and Trump have ever been asked a question or challenged I also suggest looking up "exceptions to the rule" for further reading before future responses.

My apologies. Your reply seemed general in content and not directed at any specific event.

I'll look around for a calendar,

RE: 2020 Election - fredtoast - 10-16-2020

(10-16-2020, 12:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But of course you're not responsible for your comments....I am. 

I take full responsibility for all my comments.

And if I act like a raging bully hurling nasty insults at everyone I am not going to try and play the victim when they respond in kind.

RE: 2020 Election - BengalHawk62 - 10-16-2020

Just saw a new Trump flag waving proudly in the wind today. Never seen this one before.

Trump 2020
F*** Your Feelings

Sums up pretty well the tRump supporters I know around here.

IF he loses this election, it’s going to be comical to see their collective heads explode.

For you trump supporters, how does this make you feel seeing all these flags. F Your Feelings......No More Bullshit.....etc etc etc.

To me, it says an awful lot about the type of person you are for flying said flags.

RE: 2020 Election - Belsnickel - 10-16-2020

(10-16-2020, 03:21 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Just saw a new Trump flag waving proudly in the wind today. Never seen this one before.

Trump 2020
F*** Your Feelings

IF he loses this election, it’s going to be comical to see their collective heads explode.

For you trump supporters, how does this make you feel seeing all these flags. F Your Feelings......No More Bullshit.....etc etc etc.

To me, it says an awful lot about the type of person you are for flying said flags.

Honestly, things like that don't bother me. I saw a ton of them in SW PA while visiting. I just shake my head because Trump thrives in bullshit and is one of the most thin-skinned individuals out there. I also saw one sign in Connellsville, PA, that said something like "re-elect Trump and bring American jobs back." I was just baffled by this because the offshoring of American jobs has continued during the Trump administration. He hasn't fixed that, and he isn't going to.

The people putting up these signs or flying these flags lack any grounding in reality, and that is concerning.

(10-16-2020, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I take full responsibility for all my comments.

And if I act like a raging bully hurling nasty insults at everyone I am not going to try and play the victim when they respond in kind.

I didn't ask if you'd play the victim .But who's responsible for them replying in kind.

(10-16-2020, 03:21 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Just saw a new Trump flag waving proudly in the wind today.  Never seen this one before.

Trump 2020
F*** Your Feelings

For you trump supporters, how does this make you feel seeing all these flags.  F Your Feelings......No More Bullshit.....etc etc etc.

Who did you know the flag was proud?

WTS, there's a narrative real or imagined that the Liberal does take loses well and get emotional when it happens. We saw this after the 2016 election when colleges cancelled classes so folks could grieve, hug centers were established, College Professor broke out paper and crayons for folks to express their feelings, etc....

As to the Flags. whatever. My neighbor up the street has a nice Biden flag. It's a cloth one that hangs on an iron rail posted in her yard. We came home one night and the flag (cloth) was in our yard. My wife had cussed that flag every time we passed it, but she gathered it up, walked up to the neighbor's door and returned it, while exchanging pleasantries