Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (/Thread-Report-Burrow-pushing-for-Bengals-to-draft-Chase)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 04-11-2021

I would not bet any amount of money that mattered to me that Marshall will be there at 38 (and you know damn well we aren’t trading up). Not after his pro day.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - bfine32 - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 05:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I get what you're saying.

You know what I also get?

This team isn't a "shiny toy" drafting machine either the more recent drafts.

It's not like they haven't picked O-linemen high.

If they take Sewell it will be two years a high pick for Tackle in the past 3.

Tee Higgins ain't no slouch but he kind of surprised me honestly.  Not like Jefferson and his play in college coming out who looked like a true #1.

Mixon is what some might call a "shiny toy" pick yet it was a risk even in the 2nd round with character questions.

It really isn't absurd to consider drafting someone like Chase, Smith, Waddle as our future number one WR
(even more so that there is a QB connection with one of them)and take a T/C/G in 2nd or beyond. 

Higgins could very well have had a freshman showing, and go through a sophomore slump once defenses start targeting him.

Adding Chase doesn't necessarily rob Tee of being a powerful target.  It could quite possibly have the reverse affect.

We didn't take a tackle high last year, but we did take a WR with the 1st pick of te second round. 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BengalsRocker - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 05:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We didn't take a tackle high last year, but we did take a WR with the 1st pick of te second round. 

Despite having AJ Green(which most of us didn't want to tag)the well was pretty dry in that position group.

Boyd and a slew of meh.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - bfine32 - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 05:31 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Despite having AJ Green(which most of us didn't want to tag)the well was pretty dry in that position group.

Boyd and a slew of meh.

Oh, we definitely needed a WR early last year. I was just correcting the assertion that we took a tackle early. 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BengalsRocker - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, we definitely needed a WR early last year. I was just correcting the assertion that we took a tackle early. 

Yeah I skipped 2020.  Damn I wish we all could have.

There could be some who considered Burrow a "shiny toy" but they would be far and few.  Tongue

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - PDub80 - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 05:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: 1.What I said holds true.  No QB in the league is consistently getting 4 seconds to stand back there and scan the field.  I have no idea why you still keep trying to debate this point, unless you unrealistically believe you can build some monster OL and accomplish that.

2.You lost me here.  I just showed you Brady was third in the league in Intended Air Yards(The average distance downfield that the intended target of a pass is) and you're trying to argue that he was in a dink and dunk offense.  The fact that he was 3rd in the league in Intended Air Yards disproves the theory that he was in an offense built around the short passing game.

Ben had the fastest Time to Throw in the league.  He's hitting these guys quickly before the DB has a chance to use that make up speed, as I illustrated in point 4, but you're still arguing against. Not to mention that they have a 6'4" WR that runs 4.42 on the outside helping to create space for all their other targets.

3.Reiff has been around a long time. He's going to say the right things in the media and saying he'll play anywhere is the right thing to say.  Not to mention the fact that he was probably told to say that by the Bengals so as not to tip their hands in the draft.  And again, we're not talking about his willingness to move, but if there will be a drop off in his play if he moves.  Same with Sewell.  The reality of the situation is that nobody on these boards has worked with Sewell enough to determine if he can make the move or not.  Will the OL be better if we draft Sewell?  Probably.  Will it be dramatically better?  You can't really project that when you're moving a bunch of pieces around.  

4.All our WR's are below average in the speed department by NFL standards.  That's just reality.  Sure, defenders fall down, coverages get blown, a guy sits down in a soft spot in the zone, or improvises in the scramble drill and extra time will help the QB find them.  You would rather have extra time you don't need to throw than not have enough.  However, again, it is diminishing returns if you don't have the speed to consistently take advantage of it.  NE typically had a bunch of slow WR's, but they were successful with Brady getting the ball out quick instead of holding it all day waiting for someone to uncover.

5.We're locked into a position group in 2 no matter who we take at 5. If it's Sewell, it has to be a WR in 2.  If it's Pitts or Chase, it has to be OL in 2. We have Auden Tate and Mike Thomas fighting for a starting WR job.  It can't wait til 3.

NFL Mock Draft Database has a consensus Big Board created from 30 Big Boards, 394 1st round mocks, and 493 team based mocks.  That's where I'm pulling 13 OL in the Top 50 and 20 in the Top 100 from vs 8 and 14 for WR's.  I haven't seen a single draft expert say WR is deeper than OL this year and those numbers back it up.  I've seen posters claim this, typically people who are locked in on Sewell at 5 and trying to sell people on the "you can get an immediate starter at WR on Day 3" myth.  Marshall is on average the 35th overall prospect, but is most commonly being mocked to Baltimore at 27. Either way, based on mocks and Big Board rating, it doesn't look like he'll fall to us.

Woah woah woah... Wayyyyy too much factual data backed up by sources for some of these guys.

Any way you can dumb it down to something more the speed of: Dur dur dur block, Dur dur dur "generational", Dur dur dur run, or Dur dur dur throw?

The guys chirping the most for Sewell seem to have done the absolute least amount of researching the draft, Bengals players, statistics, and correlating results/statistics. That take legitimate work and real thought.

Nice post!

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Whatever - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 03:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Only on the Bengals boards will you see people hyping up late round scrubs like Armon Binns and Cody Core, then trash a guy who just had one of the best rookie seasons in team history. All so they can justify taking another WR a year after the star QB got his knee shredded due to bad blocking.

Only on Bengals boards will people rip the starting QB for needing to be "surrounded by weapons", then when we get an elite QB (potentially), they want him to be surrounded by weapons.

Only on Bengals boards will people swear by PFF, then ignore that our top WR graded out as (IIRC) the 2nd or 3rd best player on the entire team.

That's typically two different groups, though.  The group that continually hypes scrubs like Binns, Core, and Tate is typically the group that doesn't want to prioritize WR in the draft, so they make any scrub out to be the next Marques Colton to rationalize neglecting the position in the draft in favor of whatever they determine our biggest need is(typically OL or defense).  The group that wants WR to be more of a priority is typically in the minority and sees those guys for what they are:depth guys that will be out of the league in a few years.  But it is what it is when when people start at a conclusion and try to rationalize their evaluations around arriving at their predetermined conclusion instead of evaluating dispassionately and reaching a logical conclusion based on those evaluations.  

Different eras.  In the NBA, you used to be able to compete for the title with only one superstar player.  Try that philosophy today and see how far you get.  In Andy's playoff run years, you could compete for the SB with an elite QB and decent weapons in the passing game.  You can't anymore, because the elite QB's all have All Pro WR's and/or TE's.  

Higgins and Boyd graded out at 75.9 and 75.8.  That's good, but it's not great, elite, or WR1 like some are claiming.  They're good players, but they aren't the elite All Pro WR's the teams competing for the SB have.  They are good players that play on a bad team that some are overrating due to the comparative bad play around them.  

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Essex Johnson - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 06:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: That's typically two different groups, though.  The group that continually hypes scrubs like Binns, Core, and Tate is typically the group that doesn't want to prioritize WR in the draft, so they make any scrub out to be the next Marques Colton to rationalize neglecting the position in the draft in favor of whatever they determine our biggest need is(typically OL or defense).  The group that wants WR to be more of a priority is typically in the minority and sees those guys for what they are:depth guys that will be out of the league in a few years.  But it is what it is when when people start at a conclusion and try to rationalize their evaluations around arriving at their predetermined conclusion instead of evaluating dispassionately and reaching a logical conclusion based on those evaluations.  

Different eras.  In the NBA, you used to be able to compete for the title with only one superstar player.  Try that philosophy today and see how far you get.  In Andy's playoff run years, you could compete for the SB with an elite QB and decent weapons in the passing game.  You can't anymore, because the elite QB's all have All Pro WR's and/or TE's.  

Higgins and Boyd graded out at 75.9 and 75.8.  That's good, but it's not great, elite, or WR1 like some are claiming.  They're good players, but they aren't the elite All Pro WR's the teams competing for the SB have.  They are good players that play on a bad team that some are overrating due to the comparative bad play around them.  

I question that great QBs need "elite" players.. great Qbs raise the game of good players.. I think Brady and Rodgers are good examples of that.. Higgins as a rookie did a very good job and Boyd has continued to put in numbers without having an elite QB... 
You ask Brady or Rodgers  if they prefer to address the Oline if it is weak over adding to a good WR core.. I thinking they are saying address the Oline... 

Sewell is the guy.. hopefully the Bengals don;t pass on him if available..

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - sandwedge - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 05:59 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Woah woah woah... Wayyyyy too much factual data backed up by sources for some of these guys.

Any way you can dumb it down to something more the speed of: Dur dur dur block, Dur dur dur "generational", Dur dur dur run, or Dur dur dur throw?

The guys chirping the most for Sewell seem to have done the absolute least amount of researching the draft, Bengals players, statistics, and correlating results/statistics. That take legitimate work and real thought.

Nice post!

Yeah, but we don't actually get to turn in the card on draft night. So why would people waste their time researching 200 some players? I get it, that's what you like to do, don't make you right or wrong. I've stated all offseason that whoever we take, we are getting a damn good player and I will be happy! I will strip down and dance in the street!

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - fredtoast - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 05:59 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Woah woah woah... Wayyyyy too much factual data backed up by sources for some of these guys.

Nice post!

This is hilarious coming from the guy who has been arguing that Drew Sample is a great deep threat because of his 3.9 separation number while Justin Jefferson can never be a #1 WR because his separation number is only 2.8.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Whatever - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 06:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I question that great QBs need "elite" players.. great Qbs raise the game of good players.. I think Brady and Rodgers are good examples of that.. Higgins as a rookie did a very good job and Boyd has continued to put in numbers without having an elite QB... 
You ask Brady or Rodgers  if they prefer to address the Oline if it is weak over adding to a good WR core.. I thinking they are saying address the Oline... 

Sewell is the guy.. hopefully the Bengals don;t pass on him if available..

In Rodgers' lone SB win, his top 4 WR's were Greg Jennings(2xPro Bowler), Donald Driver(4xPro Bowler), Jordy Nelson(1x Pro Bowler/1xAll Pro), and James Jones(led the NFL in receiving TD's in '12). Is the goal to win the SB or to just make Joe carry this team to the playoffs?  Rodgers can't win it all without "elite" guys around him, either.  He had a stacked WR corps for his SB win.  

Is Burrow the GoaT QB?  Is Taylor the GoaT head coach?  Is Sample a HoF TE?  Do we have a great defense?  Are you going to cheat and steal the other team's signals to make those scrub WR's more effective?  I'm not really seeing how this is a blueprint for success that we can effectively follow.

We do not have a good WR corps.  Our #3-5 WR's have a combined 2 TD's in 10 years in the league.  That's pathetic.  We have a couple of good players, but no legit WR1 and our #3 is either Mike Thomas or Auden Tate at this point.  

Is that what they would say, or that what you would want them to say?  I know Burrow, who you have apparently made equivalent to Brady in this case, wants a WR, not OL.  

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 07:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is hilarious coming from the guy who has been arguing that Drew Sample is a great deep threat because of his 3.9 separation number while Justin Jefferson can never be a #1 WR because his separation number is only 2.8.

[Image: b30.jpg]

(04-11-2021, 07:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: b30.jpg]

Sig bet that I can post multiple quotes from PDub claiming that his proof that Boyd and Higgins can not be deep threat #1 WRs is their separation stats.

Wanna take it?

(04-11-2021, 07:56 PM)Whatever Wrote:  I know Burrow, who you have apparently made equivalent to Brady in this case, wants a WR, not OL.  

Actually you don't know that at all.

This thread is based on some second hand rumor about "word on the street".

Sound like something one of the Chase fanatics around here would make up.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Shake n Blake - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 05:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I get what you're saying.

You know what I also get?

This team isn't a "shiny toy" drafting machine either the more recent drafts.

It's not like they haven't picked O-linemen high.

If they take Sewell it will be two years a high pick for Tackle in the past 3.

Tee Higgins ain't no slouch but he kind of surprised me honestly.  Not like Jefferson and his play in college coming out who looked like a true #1.

Mixon is what some might call a "shiny toy" pick yet it was a risk even in the 2nd round with character questions.

It really isn't absurd to consider drafting someone like Chase, Smith, Waddle as our future number one WR
(even more so that there is a QB connection with one of them)and take a T/C/G in 2nd or beyond. 

Higgins could very well have had a freshman showing, and go through a sophomore slump once defenses start targeting him.

Adding Chase doesn't necessarily rob Tee of being a powerful target.  It could quite possibly have the reverse affect.

It isn't absurd to consider Chase. It's also not absurd to consider letting our rookie WR who just had 900+ yards grow into the role of top guy before deciding he's incapable after 1 year.

(04-11-2021, 05:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: 1.What I said holds true.  No QB in the league is consistently getting 4 seconds to stand back there and scan the field.  I have no idea why you still keep trying to debate this point, unless you unrealistically believe you can build some monster OL and accomplish that.

2.You lost me here.  I just showed you Brady was third in the league in Intended Air Yards(The average distance downfield that the intended target of a pass is) and you're trying to argue that he was in a dink and dunk offense.  The fact that he was 3rd in the league in Intended Air Yards disproves the theory that he was in an offense built around the short passing game.

Ben had the fastest Time to Throw in the league.  He's hitting these guys quickly before the DB has a chance to use that make up speed, as I illustrated in point 4, but you're still arguing against. Not to mention that they have a 6'4" WR that runs 4.42 on the outside helping to create space for all their other targets.

3.Reiff has been around a long time. He's going to say the right things in the media and saying he'll play anywhere is the right thing to say.  Not to mention the fact that he was probably told to say that by the Bengals so as not to tip their hands in the draft.  And again, we're not talking about his willingness to move, but if there will be a drop off in his play if he moves.  Same with Sewell.  The reality of the situation is that nobody on these boards has worked with Sewell enough to determine if he can make the move or not.  Will the OL be better if we draft Sewell?  Probably.  Will it be dramatically better?  You can't really project that when you're moving a bunch of pieces around.  

4.All our WR's are below average in the speed department by NFL standards.  That's just reality.  Sure, defenders fall down, coverages get blown, a guy sits down in a soft spot in the zone, or improvises in the scramble drill and extra time will help the QB find them.  You would rather have extra time you don't need to throw than not have enough.  However, again, it is diminishing returns if you don't have the speed to consistently take advantage of it.  NE typically had a bunch of slow WR's, but they were successful with Brady getting the ball out quick instead of holding it all day waiting for someone to uncover.

5.We're locked into a position group in 2 no matter who we take at 5. If it's Sewell, it has to be a WR in 2.  If it's Pitts or Chase, it has to be OL in 2. We have Auden Tate and Mike Thomas fighting for a starting WR job.  It can't wait til 3.

NFL Mock Draft Database has a consensus Big Board created from 30 Big Boards, 394 1st round mocks, and 493 team based mocks.  That's where I'm pulling 13 OL in the Top 50 and 20 in the Top 100 from vs 8 and 14 for WR's.  I haven't seen a single draft expert say WR is deeper than OL this year and those numbers back it up.  I've seen posters claim this, typically people who are locked in on Sewell at 5 and trying to sell people on the "you can get an immediate starter at WR on Day 3" myth.  Marshall is on average the 35th overall prospect, but is most commonly being mocked to Baltimore at 27. Either way, based on mocks and Big Board rating, it doesn't look like he'll fall to us.

1. Who said that our QB should consistently get 4 seconds every play? Strawman right there. What I'm saying is that a better line is more consistent at not allowing blown up plays, as well as more consistent at allowing enough time for big plays to develop.

2. The guy you're referring to (Chase Claypool) was the 49th overall pick in the 2nd round. He was 3rd in targets among Steelers WR's last year. That's exactly the type of production we need, so maybe we should copy the Steelers and take a speed guy in the 2nd.  Mellow

3. Reiff has moved around before though, so I take him at his word. As far as the drop off, anything is within the realm of possibility. Is it likely that Reiff - who has played RG before - will be worse at that spot than Alex Redmond? Nope, and you know it. It's not like he'd even be shifting to a different side.

Sewell played RT in high school. So he's familiar with the spot. Fwiw, I've never seen such a lengthy discussion about an o-lineman changing spots. Yes, it's an adjustment. Yeah some guys see some drop off...but it's not the gargantuan and ominous task you're making it out to be.

4. I'm not saying we don't need a speed guy opposite Higgins. We do. I just know Dalton started his career with solid numbers on deep throws, and that tailed off in a major way when the line fell apart (which started in 2016)...even with a prime AJ Green on the outside. That only continued under Burrow. This is a big reason why I believe the line will be more integral than speed WR...even though I do see a speed guy as a need.

5. Teams don't like locking themselves into need over BPA. That's more how fans think. If there is any player who is far more talented than the best need player, that team is 99% going to take the way more talented player. If we take Sewell, and the top WR in round 2 has a 3rd round grade, we're (hopefully) not going to reach.

So it makes more sense to wait for the position that is deeper throughout the draft, than the one that has the most talent graded as 1st-2nd rounders.

(04-11-2021, 06:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: That's typically two different groups, though.  The group that continually hypes scrubs like Binns, Core, and Tate is typically the group that doesn't want to prioritize WR in the draft, so they make any scrub out to be the next Marques Colton to rationalize neglecting the position in the draft in favor of whatever they determine our biggest need is(typically OL or defense).  The group that wants WR to be more of a priority is typically in the minority and sees those guys for what they are:depth guys that will be out of the league in a few years.  But it is what it is when when people start at a conclusion and try to rationalize their evaluations around arriving at their predetermined conclusion instead of evaluating dispassionately and reaching a logical conclusion based on those evaluations.  

Tbh, I made a sweeping generalization in that post that can't be proven and was kinda silly. That said, what you say here is equally ridiculous. There are posters who hyped Binns and want Chase, and guys who didn't hype Binns etc, and don't want Chase, either. I was all aboard the John Ross train the year we took him, but I'm a Sewell guy this year.

It's a different era than 4-5 years ago? Why? Because the last couple SB winners had a lot of weapons? Seems kinda silly to say the league has changed based on the last couple years. New England wasn't loaded with weapons when they won in 2019 or 2017. Nor were the Eagles in 2018. We're basing all of this on the last 2 seasons??

It's not elite, but maybe we should give Higgins some time to grow before declaring him incapable of being WR1? Mellow

The funny thing is when you see a fan's mock draft with zero to little attention for WRs or TEs.

Like our TEs are fine and the WRs are good for depth.

I get that our QB needs some O-line help, but having a draft with all O-line and some DTs/DEs/S/CB  makes me wonder what people are thinking.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - jason - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 08:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It isn't absurd to consider Chase. It's also not absurd to consider letting our rookie WR who just had 900+ yards grow into the role of top guy before deciding he's incapable after 1 year.

1. Who said that our QB should consistently get 4 seconds every play? Strawman right there. What I'm saying is that a better line is more consistent at not allowing blown up plays, as well as more consistent at allowing enough time for big plays to develop.

2. The guy you're referring to (Chase Claypool) was the 49th overall pick in the 2nd round. He was 3rd in targets among Steelers WR's last year. That's exactly the type of production we need, so maybe we should copy the Steelers and take a speed guy in the 2nd.  Mellow

3. Reiff has moved around before though, so I take him at his word. As far as the drop off, anything is within the realm of possibility. Is it likely that Reiff - who has played RG before - will be worse at that spot than Alex Redmond? Nope, and you know it. It's not like he'd even be shifting to a different side.

Sewell played RT in high school. So he's familiar with the spot. Fwiw, I've never seen such a lengthy discussion about an o-lineman changing spots. Yes, it's an adjustment. Yeah some guys see some drop off...but it's not the gargantuan and ominous task you're making it out to be.

4. I'm not saying we don't need a speed guy opposite Higgins. We do. I just know Dalton started his career with solid numbers on deep throws, and that tailed off in a major way when the line fell apart (which started in 2016)...even with a prime AJ Green on the outside. That only continued under Burrow. This is a big reason why I believe the line will be more integral than speed WR...even though I do see a speed guy as a need.

5. Teams don't like locking themselves into need over BPA. That's more how fans think. If there is any player who is far more talented than the best need player, that team is 99% going to take the way more talented player. If we take Sewell, and the top WR in round 2 has a 3rd round grade, we're (hopefully) not going to reach.

So it makes more sense to wait for the position that is deeper throughout the draft, than the one that has the most talent graded as 1st-2nd rounders.

Tbh, I made a sweeping generalization in that post that can't be proven and was kinda silly. That said, what you say here is equally ridiculous. There are posters who hyped Binns and want Chase, and guys who didn't hype Binns etc, and don't want Chase, either. I was all aboard the John Ross train the year we took him, but I'm a Sewell guy this year.

It's a different era than 4-5 years ago? Why? Because the last couple SB winners had a lot of weapons? Seems kinda silly to say the league has changed based on the last couple years. New England wasn't loaded with weapons when they won in 2019 or 2017. Nor were the Eagles in 2018. We're basing all of this on the last 2 seasons??

It's not elite, but maybe we should give Higgins some time to grow before declaring him incapable of being WR1? Mellow

Maybe Higgins is still the number 1 though... None of that matters to me. Some are saying we just need to draft a guy that gets 600 yards and 3-4 TDs. Why can't Boyd be that guy? Just because he's already here? It's not like he makes a ton. What's wrong with shooting for the best WR corps in the league?

I don't care either way... I'm just as happy if they go Sewell. I just think they can go best of both worlds and address the line in the 2nd. This team needs a lot of help in a lot of areas. Whoever we take at 5 won't be the be all end all.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Wes Mantooth - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 07:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is hilarious coming from the guy who has been arguing that Drew Sample is a great deep threat because of his 3.9 separation number while Justin Jefferson can never be a #1 WR because his separation number is only 2.8.

I highly doubt this argument was made.  Drew Sample's average route was like 6 yards.

I am going to go out on a limb and say this is just another case of you twisting someone's argument to be made to look as ridiculous as possible.  I really don't know why you continually do this.  It shouldn't be that hard to just argue against what is actually presented. 

If the person you're replying to did say this (that seperation is the only thing to use to measure a deep threat) then my apologies.  If not, can you please stop doing this?  I'm pretty sure it annoys a great deal of the board.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Shake n Blake - 04-11-2021

(04-11-2021, 08:47 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The funny thing is when you see a fan's mock draft with zero to little attention for WRs or TEs.

Like our TEs are fine and the WRs are good for depth.

I get that our QB needs some O-line help, but having a draft with all O-line and some DTs/DEs/S/CB  makes me wonder what people are thinking.

True, but you also have people on the other side of the fence saying our line is pretty much okay as is. That we have good tackles and also trying to minimize the importance of having a good line.

I'm one of the staunchest Sewell guys on here, but I want Terrance Marshall in the 2nd, or definitely a speed guy in round 2 or 3. Our TE's are also abysmal, but we only have one draft. Mid-round TE's rarely contribute and it's one of the toughest positions for rookies.

It sucks, but I don't know what to do about TE this year. I just know it isn't as important as making sure the franchise isn't on his backside constantly.

(04-11-2021, 06:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: Different eras.  

Two years is not an "era".  Neither team in the 2018 Super Bowl had an All-Pro or Pro Bowl receiver.

(04-11-2021, 06:01 PM)Whatever Wrote:  the elite QB's all have All Pro WR's and/or TE's.  

Deshaun Watson led the league in passing yards and was second in passer rating without a Pro Bowl or All-Pro receiver.