Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If i ever get done remodeling the bathroom, bonding the pool (5 years after installing it), running electricity to the back side of the deck, building me a new shed down in the yard and finishing up some landscaping, i would.

Oh yeah...next year i'll more than likely start the kitchen/dining room remodel where i knock down the weight-bearing wall between those rooms which also means a shit-ton of work in the basement since i have to redo electrical wiring, plumbing and gas lines and move the furnace and run new cold air returns and supply ducts. 

Easy peasy, right?

I wish I knew how to do half that stuff. Guess that’s why I have so much time to watch movies and tv. LOL

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Go Cards - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If they wouldn’t pay Collins what he wanted, they damn sure aren’t ponying up for Armstead.

Collins may just be stoking a bidding war and it can't hurt to kick some tires. 

Not saying its the case but Collins may want to actually be here yet his agent feels they have the Bengals nuts in a vice and can bleed more money out of them after hearing other offers. Could make him think twice if offer was fair and it may be now offered elsewhere to someone who may accept. 

Plus if he does just want to leave we need to be moving on our next choices before the FA well evaporates. 

It's only speculation that the Bengals were too cheap. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Rubekahn29 - 03-19-2022

It’s frustrating when you have some other teams clearing space, restructuring, moving things around, turning things into signing bonuses and seemingly spending 2-3x more than the Bengals do. I know it’s more complicated than that, but other teams manipulate the cap to get players and we seem to just hope players will come here cheap by and large. How does a guy stay here for 2 full days and not sign a deal. They’ve wasted their own time working on a likely failed plan and are still left being laughable.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Science Friction - 03-19-2022

How does this Darryl Williams guy compare to some of the other better linemen in the league?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - BrownAssClown - 03-19-2022

I get the feeling a lot of folks around here think the front office low balled Collins, that may not be the case at all. It's Collins agents job to make the best deal for him, and if the Bengals are still in the mix, maybe the agent agreed to let the Bengals match other offers made for his clients services All that I read stated that Collins and the Bengals had a wonderful few days together so I wouldn't close the door on a deal not getting done just yet. I'm sure the Bengals aren't going to sit on their hands either, they need to keep working the phones trying to get a RT in here whether that's Collins or not. Like I say, it could be a leverage move just as easy as a low ball move. Business is business, stay tuned.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:43 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Yup

Williams isn't leverage. He's Reiff level. 

If you want leverage, talk to Armstead or Brown. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 10:04 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I get the feeling a lot of folks around here think the front office low balled Collins, that may not be the case at all. It's Collins agents job to make the best deal for him, and if the Bengals are still in the mix, maybe the agent agreed to let the Bengals match other offers made for his clients services All that I read stated that Collins and the Bengals had a wonderful few days together so I wouldn't close the door on a deal not getting done just yet. I'm sure the Bengals aren't going to sit on their hands either, they need to keep working the phones trying to get a RT in here whether that's Collins or not. Like I say, it could be a leverage move just as easy as a low ball move. Business is business, stay tuned.

I don't think it was a low ball over but rather the way the Bengals like to structure guaranteed money in contracts. But I'll wait and see. 

(03-19-2022, 10:05 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Williams isn't leverage. He's Reiff level. 

If you want leverage, talk to Armstead or Brown. 

Daryl Williams is a few years younger than Reiff, though. He’d be a decent signing. If we could get him for 2-3 years it would allow them to develop Smith (or pick 31) or whoever.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - samhain - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 10:04 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I get the feeling a lot of folks around here think the front office low balled Collins, that may not be the case at all. It's Collins agents job to make the best deal for him, and if the Bengals are still in the mix, maybe the agent agreed to let the Bengals match other offers made for his clients services All that I read stated that Collins and the Bengals had a wonderful few days together so I wouldn't close the door on a deal not getting done just yet. I'm sure the Bengals aren't going to sit on their hands either, they need to keep working the phones trying to get a RT in here whether that's Collins or not. Like I say, it could be a leverage move just as easy as a low ball move. Business is business, stay tuned.

I really doubt that it was a low-ball move.  Collins and his agent wouldn't have wasted 3 days here without knowledge of at least a ballpark offer.  The Bengals front office wasted zero time signing Cappa and Karras during the legal tampering period.  They aren't the Warren Sapp/Shaun Rogers era clowns that they once were.  

This is about the agent creating a market and leaving the Bengals hanging last minute.  

I'll have to see pretty convincing evidence to believe that the Bengals didn't give him a legit offer.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - rfaulk34 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:43 PM)Synric Wrote: They came out with a new final Dexter season on Showtime. I haven't seen it yet though.

Neither have i. It's on my radar though. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - THE PISTONS - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:58 PM)Science Friction Wrote: How does this Darryl Williams guy compare to some of the other better linemen in the league?

He's ok. Teams seem to like to give him 1 year deals.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - rfaulk34 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wait…the original ending? Or the new reboot (which I haven’t watched yet - but my wife told me what happened). Cause the original ending was all time terrible. Swimming through a hurricane, only to **** off and become a lumberjack. LOL

It should have ended in season 4 with Trinity. That’s where it peaked.

Deb dying and him burying her at sea with a looming hurricane. I can live with that. Showing up in...was it Oregon, Alaska? Meh, but with time i can go "mmm, ok". Didn't like it and thought it could have been done much better but the GoT ending was absolutely criminal. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Yogo - 03-19-2022

Guess we should've traded in hindsight, eh? A lot cheaper, less risky, less headache. Ah well. Such is life.

(03-19-2022, 10:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Deb dying and him burying her at sea with a looming hurricane. I can live with that. Showing up in...was it Oregon, Alaska? Meh, but with time i can go "mmm, ok". Didn't like it and thought it could have been done much better but the GoT ending was absolutely criminal. 

Two worst finales I’ve ever seen (I actually don’t hate Seinfeld’s).

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - wanga - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 08:59 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Our new motto should be : " IN JACK MEHOFF WE TRUST"

Seriously, if that's the dude's real name, how insidiously cruel would Mr and Mrs Mehoff had to have been to name their son, Jack ?

Better than Suck.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - THE PISTONS - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 10:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Deb dying and him burying her at sea with a looming hurricane. I can live with that. Showing up in...was it Oregon, Alaska? Meh, but with time i can go "mmm, ok". Didn't like it and thought it could have been done much better but the GoT ending was absolutely criminal. 

I just watched the newest season of Dexter last week.

GoT ending was ok. Could have been better.

Lost had to be the worst ending of my favorite shows.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-19-2022

I just saw that La'el left but that is okay, I don't want us signing him to a big contract if he is damaged.

Daryl Williams would be a great addition and as far as I know is healthy and most importantly available.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Boomer Anderson - 03-19-2022

Darryl Williams is an upgrade IMO but not a protect your franchise QB upgrade like Collins. I’d take him over Prince Reiff Johnson Smith.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 10:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just saw that La'el left but that is okay, I don't want us signing him to a big contract if he is damaged.

Daryl Williams would be a great addition and as far as I know is healthy and most importantly available.

It cant be the physical if we are still in the mix, it has to be contract related.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Boomer Anderson - 03-19-2022

2021 PFF. For what it’s worth was a little lower.