Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 12:43 AM)Joelist Wrote: Guarantees...the usual bane of the Bengals.

If that is the reason it's sad. Very sad and predictable

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 12:48 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: If that is the reason it's sad. Very sad and predictable

To be clear, it sounds like Willie is just speculating off prior experience, not necessarily inside details on this particular negotiation.

He’s actually defending the team in the replies…

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Essex Johnson - 03-20-2022

If Collins really wanted to play here he would have signed most likely especially since there has not been much interest by other teams. Now with that said the lack of interest in him might workout for us in the end

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 12:13 AM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Lost had a terrible ending that ruined the entire series. The new Star Wars sequels ruined the other 6 movies. The Sopranos finale made me think my cable went out, but I was ok with it. By the way The Sopranos is without question the best piece of cinema ever made.

We agree the ending for Lost was terrible. 

The Star Wars prequels were WAY worse that the last 3, come ON. Episodes I and II were awful. Plus, Rogue One was quite good and Solo was pretty good too.  

JJ Abrams ruins everything.  

Sporanos end8ng was weak, but still a great show. Not cinema, though. TV. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Ell Prez - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 12:08 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: How can we hope and pray he accepts our offer, when we don't know what the offer was or even if there is an offer on the table? The Bengals may have made Collins an overly generous offer and they still want to test the market to see if they get get an even better deal elsewhere, we just don't know. Yes I do know we need an upgrade at RT and we need to protect the franchise but you have over 50 guys you have to budget for. It would be nice if we could just offer an insane amount to get a guy like Collins but the Bengals ,as with all other teams , have to work within the structure of the cap. 

We don’t know what the offer is, you’re right. But based on my 15 years on intently following the Bengals, I’m gonna say it’s about the money/guaranteed money. The Cap is real. It’s also bendable. So many ways to creat more cap space. Bengals rarely rarely rarely use any of those methods.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Beaker - 03-20-2022

Wllie Anderson said the issue was contract structure, not money.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - jeremydc - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 10:14 AM)Beaker Wrote: Wllie Anderson said the issue was contract structure, not money.

I’m not surprised. Bengals need to get with the program. Yeah, ok guaranteed money is a different beast but when you failed to establish a safety blanket got Burrow , something had to change.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-20-2022

People complained and complained about all the gauranteed money Waynes got, and now complain they didn't offer Collins excessive guarantees... it's a no win.

(03-20-2022, 10:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: People complained and complained about all the gauranteed money Waynes got, and now complain they didn't offer Collins excessive guarantees... it's a no win.

Fair point. Look what that got us

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - fredtoast - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 10:35 AM)jeremydc Wrote: I’m not surprised. Bengals need to get with the program. Yeah, ok guaranteed money is a different beast but when you failed to establish a safety blanket got Burrow , something had to change.

The Bengals have been one of the better teams in free agency over the last few years.  You don't have to change anything in a panic over one player.

Burrow Recruiting Collins - RiverRat13 - 03-20-2022

When looking at Daryl Williams' PFF grade for 2021, note that he spend half the season at RG.

What did Dan Snyder ever win with his approach to free agency which was "Pay the players whatever they want. It does not matter. If you spend you will win!"

That is exactly what a lot of Bengal fans sound like right now.

The Bengals just went to the Super Bowl and made the playoffs 7 times in the last 13 years. The Dolphins have not made the playoffs in 5 years and have only been twice in the last 20. But if the Fins give Collins everything he wants Bengal fans will be crying and jealous that the Dolphins know how to win and the Bengals don't.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Bengalfan4life27c - 03-20-2022

Even though we made a superbowl if we dont fix RT we more than likely won't have a winning record next year. If we dont see significant improvement out of the LG spot that's 2 players on a line consistently losing 1 on 1 matchups. Even if the other 3 are probowl caliber (I have serious doubts with Caras at C as opposed to G) That would still be a bad line

(03-20-2022, 11:01 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Even though we made a superbowl if we dont fix RT we more than likely won't have a winning record next year. 

How could remaining the same drop us from a Super Bowl team to losing record?

I just don't understand how some of you people think.  It makes no sense.

(03-20-2022, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Bengals have been one of the better teams in free agency over the last few years.  You don't have to change anything in a panic over one player.

Say that to burrows legs

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 11:01 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Even though we made a superbowl if we dont fix RT we more than likely won't have a winning record next year. If we dont see significant improvement out of the LG spot that's 2 players on a line consistently losing 1 on 1 matchups.  Even if the other 3 are probowl caliber (I have serious doubts with Caras at C as opposed to G) That would still be a bad line

FacepalmViolin

(03-20-2022, 11:04 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Say that to burrows legs

Burrow wanted us to draft a WR instead of an O-lineman with our first pick last year.

Burrow takes a lot of sacks because he refuses to throw the ball away.

And Carson Palmer got his knee shredded behind an O-line that set the team record for fewest sacks allowed.

Burrow understands this much better than you do.  He is not a big crybaby about every sack.  

(03-20-2022, 11:01 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Even though we made a superbowl if we dont fix RT we more than likely won't have a winning record next year. If we dont see significant improvement out of the LG spot that's 2 players on a line consistently losing 1 on 1 matchups. Even if the other 3 are probowl caliber (I have serious doubts with Caras at C as opposed to G) That would still be a bad line

How much can you possibly know about a player when you can’t even spell his name?

(03-20-2022, 11:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How much can you possibly know about a player when you can’t even spell his name?

He uses the same logic as a lot of fans.  If the Bengals signed him then he must suck.