Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary (/Thread-Alabama-state-official-defends-Roy-Moore-citing-Joseph-and-Mary)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - GMDino - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 10:19 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Eh, the reality is much more complex. This is a very American way of looking at the history of the European continent.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - michaelsean - 11-15-2017

Duke Leopold didn't bow to nobody. Although I don't know exactly what land Austria consisted of in those days.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Belsnickel - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 10:34 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Duke Leopold didn't bow to nobody. Although I don't know exactly what land Austria consisted of in those days.

Which one? Though any Leopold that was Duke of Austria was a Duke within the Holy Roman Empire, so they would have bowed to the Emperor, but you know.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - michaelsean - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 11:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Which one? Though any Leopold that was Duke of Austria was a Duke within the Holy Roman Empire, so they would have bowed to the Emperor, but you know.

I was thinking the one who took Richard hostage.  Didn't the Holy Roman Emperor die on his way to the crusade?  so there was a little while he wasn't bowing to anyone.  Hilarious

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Benton - 11-15-2017

(11-14-2017, 11:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know if Moore will get a pass. RNC pulled support, Dem opponent polling well, potential write-in campaign being discussed that woukd split GOP vote, and even if he does win he will face an ethics investigation immediately and may be denied his seat.

The Harvey Weinstein effect has been huge.

(11-15-2017, 02:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It’s alabama.   The democrat won’t win.   They don’t need funding.   The Alabama GOP is still funding him.

Democrats are playing it pretty well. 

The accusation the GOP lobs is that elitist big city fancy talkers come to small towns to throw around gobs of money and elect soft liberal sissy pants. Which ignores the reality that both national parties throw money at state and local elections if it benefits their national efforts, and in this instance the Democrat is a former prosecutor who didn't have to get thrown out of office multiple times for not doing his job.

But in this instance, the Democrats aren't giving Alabama any money, they're letting the GOP shoot itself in the foot and not giving them any fodder for those foolish enough to believe anything left of extreme far right is hell fire. The dislike of Moore by his own party, accusations of sexual relations with teens and Trump is likely going to have Republican turnout low.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Nately120 - 11-15-2017

I don't understand why anyone is defending this guy. Can't they just throw him out and find another right-wing guy somewhere in Alabama who isn't a child molester? It's not like this guy being in office is the only thing preventing Alabama from becoming a left-wing stronghold equal to the Pacific rim.

(11-15-2017, 12:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't understand why anyone is defending this guy.  Can't they just throw him out and find another right-wing guy somewhere in Alabama who isn't a child molester?  It's not like this guy being in office is the only thing preventing Alabama from becoming a left-wing stronghold equal to the Pacific rim.

I don't think there are a lot of defenders left.  There seems to always be a knee jerk defense for one of your own, but then the evidence mounts and people back away.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Benton - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 12:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't understand why anyone is defending this guy.  Can't they just throw him out and find another right-wing guy somewhere in Alabama who isn't a child molester?  It's not like this guy being in office is the only thing preventing Alabama from becoming a left-wing stronghold equal to the Pacific rim.

When you've got guys (allegedly) like this, you run into the problem of those in the party with common sense who say 'he needs to step down and we can find a candidate who isn't an alleged sex offender;' those people end up squaring off with hard liners who say 'he did X once, go with him.' It compounds the problem with social/biased media where a large amount of people give voice to ideas like 'well, she was 14, so... you know... I just don't know... don't buy a Keurig.'

It's weird seeing the steady transformation of the religious right into a party that spends more time defending sex offenders than discussing policy. Weird since — for the last two decades — this was the same group that demonized Bill Clinton for cheating on his wife, and Democrats as the party of sexual deviants because they supported same sex marriage. 

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Nately120 - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 12:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think there are a lot of defenders left.  There seems to always be a knee jerk defense for one of your own, but then the evidence mounts and people back away.

I hear ya, but lord...I really assumed child molestation was a bridge too far for any sort of "he's on my team" sort of defense.  Alas, I was wrong...even when taking into account the fact that there will always be a segment beyond reason.

(11-15-2017, 01:05 PM)Benton Wrote: It's weird seeing the steady transformation of the religious right into a party that spends more time defending sex offenders than discussing policy. Weird since — for the last two decades — this was the same group that demonized Bill Clinton for cheating on his wife, and Democrats as the party of sexual deviants because they supported same sex marriage. 

Yeah, I'd say what really led me to shake my head in hopelessness was the notion that a sex offender with multiple marriages is still a more legit candidate than one who is in a respectful relationship with someone of the same sex.  But children?  Geez, I can understand (in the most cynical way) convincing yourself that grown women are complicit in their sexual assaults and/or lying, but kids?  Dear lord, I wish hell and/or karma were real at times like this.  Oh well.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - PhilHos - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 12:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think there are a lot of defenders left.  There seems to always be a knee jerk defense for one of your own, but then the evidence mounts and people back away.

I think part of the issue is that some people try to equate 1 person's actions to the whole group and so some feel the need to defend the group which sometimes comes across as defending the person.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - hollodero - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 10:34 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Duke Leopold didn't bow to nobody.  Although I don't know exactly what land Austria consisted of in those days.

Well, he was just a Duke, so there probably was some bowing going on, to Barbarossa and Heinrich IV. You talk Leopold the Fifth, the Babenberger, we have lots of Leopolds, some were Habsburgs, some were Emperors too, some other probably made some bow, way too many Leopolds to get into that in detail.

The fifth was the one capturing Lionheart, in consultation with Heinrich IV, the Emperor, for a ton of silver and some arranged mariages; it's Austria after all, dealing and marrying was always more important than all that bowing part. The girls married off sure were underage quite often, so hey just another Roy Moore defense here. 
Those days Austria was smaller than today, roughly only the Eastern part and later some southern parts plus parts of today's Slovenia. So now you know.

(11-15-2017, 10:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I mixed him up with the other guy.

Either way, Austrians are  used to bowing to Germans anyway so my larger point still sticks .

Hey...! I never mixed you up with some other guy...
As for the rest, I do not know if you're in an offensive mood, but going after my country is not the way to go. I know we're a small candle in this world. Europe is what matters. Your dissing my weak country just underlines that point.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - StLucieBengal - 11-16-2017

(11-15-2017, 08:48 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, he was just a Duke, so there probably was some bowing going on, to Barbarossa and Heinrich IV. You talk Leopold the Fifth, the Babenberger, we have lots of Leopolds, some were Habsburgs, some were Emperors too, some other probably made some bow, way too many Leopolds to get into that in detail.

The fifth was the one capturing Lionheart, in consultation with Heinrich IV, the Emperor, for a ton of silver and some arranged mariages; it's Austria after all, dealing and marrying was always more important than all that bowing part. The girls married off sure were underage quite often, so hey just another Roy Moore defense here. 
Those days Austria was smaller than today, roughly only the Eastern part and later some southern parts plus parts of today's Slovenia. So now you know.

Hey...! I never mixed you up with some other guy...
As for the rest, I do not know if you're in an offensive mood, but going after my country is not the way to go. I know we're a small candle in this world. Europe is what matters. Your dissing my weak country just underlines that point.

Well I mixed you up with the French guy. Austria is certainly a lot tougher than France.

Now on that topic. You should ashamed of yourself knowing what it’s like under the German thumb. Don’t step on that rake again.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - StLucieBengal - 11-16-2017

(11-15-2017, 12:15 PM)Benton Wrote: Democrats are playing it pretty well. 

The accusation the GOP lobs is that elitist big city fancy talkers come to small towns to throw around gobs of money and elect soft liberal sissy pants. Which ignores the reality that both national parties throw money at state and local elections if it benefits their national efforts, and in this instance the Democrat is a former prosecutor who didn't have to get thrown out of office multiple times for not doing his job.

But in this instance, the Democrats aren't giving Alabama any money, they're letting the GOP shoot itself in the foot and not giving them any fodder for those foolish enough to believe anything left of extreme far right is hell fire. The dislike of Moore by his own party, accusations of sexual relations with teens and Trump is likely going to have Republican turnout low.

Or they could have the other Alabama senator vacate his seat and win this election then have another special election which Moore won’t be a part.

Either way a democrat isn’t winning Alabama. even if Moore runs

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - GMDino - 11-16-2017

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/15/media/sean-hannity-roy-moore/index.html

Quote:U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore published an open letter to Sean Hannity on Wednesday night pushing back against allegations of sexual abuse that have placed his campaign at the center of a national firestorm and prompted prominent members of the Republican Party to call on Moore to withdraw from the race.

In the letter, which came one night after Hannity said he would give Moore 24 hours to explain inconsistencies in how he has addressed the allegations before calling on him to step aside in the race, Moore suggested he was the victim of a political hit job.

"I am suffering the same treatment other Republicans have had to endure," Moore wrote Hannity.

Moore faces accusations from multiple women that he pursued sexual relationships with them -- and in two cases engaged in sexual abuse -- while they were between 14 and 18 years old and he was in his mid-30s.

Moore denied dating underage girls, but only specifically addressed allegations from two of the women. He said "at the direction of counsel" he "cannot comment further."

Moore said in his letter to Hannity that he was "in the process of investigating" what he characterized as "false allegations."

On his program Tuesday night, Hannity demanded an explanation for a signature in a yearbook that appeared to have come from Moore. Despite Beverly Young Nelson -- one of the woman who accused him of sexual misconduct -- producing an old yearbook she said bore his signature, the embattled Senate candidate claimed he did not even know her.

"My signature on the order of dismissal in the divorce case was annotated with the letters 'D.A.,' representing the initials of my court assistant," Moore wrote Hannity. "Curiously the supposed yearbook inscription is also followed by the same initials—'D.A.' But at that time I was Deputy District Attorney, not district attorney."

Moore added that he believed the "initials as well as the date under the signature block and the printed name of the restaurant are written in a style inconsistent with the rest of the yearbook inscription."

The support of Hannity and other conservative heavyweights is crucial for Moore as he faces intense controversy. Thus far, Moore has responded to the allegations against him largely by dismissing them as supposed "fake news." If Hannity were to turn on him, it would signal to Republican voters in Alabama that there is merit to the allegations and that the reports in the media are not a political smear job as Moore has framed it.

Hannity responded to Moore's letter at the end of his Wednesday night program and said that the allegations against Moore "are beyond disturbing and serious."

But Hannity declined to drop his support for Moore, suggesting additional time and information is needed to render a decision. He ended his television show saying the decision ultimately lies with the people of Alabama and should not be decided by him or other conservative or Republican leaders.

"I am very confident that when everything comes out, they will make the best decision for their state," he said.

He is investigating what is false!  Maybe he has a memory like Sessions?

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Nately120 - 11-16-2017

This thread just reminded my how entertaining To Catch a Predator with Chris Hansen is. Hello Youtube!

(11-16-2017, 11:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This thread just reminded my how entertaining To Catch a Predator with Chris Hansen is. Hello Youtube!

Have you seen the Hansen vs predator Show?

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Nately120 - 11-16-2017

(11-16-2017, 11:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Have you seen the Hansen vs predator Show?

I have, and I must say that Chris Hansen looks like he ate all the Wendy's and drank all the Mike's Hard Lemonade the predators brought to mid 2000's sting. Lordy.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - hollodero - 11-16-2017

(11-16-2017, 01:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Now on that topic.  You should ashamed of yourself knowing what it’s like under the German thumb.   Don’t step on that rake again.

That's a better effort to be offensive... felt that one a little. Well done.

So, whoever is for an European Union movin closer together is a modern day Nazi enabler?

Instead, you want European countries to be apart, every country with its own completely independent military... mabe there can be some bilateral alliances... other countries reacting by stocking up their defenses and form alliances of their own... you do realize that that's what helped lead us into two world wars, right? We fought each other within Europe, that's the beginning of it all.
The EU isn't up for fighting, for going into the offense, conquering stuff. It's about avoiding nationalism that leads to violent conflict. And sure it has to be about self-defense at some point, given how Trump and other right-wing American politicians behave towards us and that we're getting lonely in our discord with Russia. It would be irresponsible not to shore up our continental defenses and just count on a hegemon across the ocean to take care of that, even more so when he's in full submission mode towards Russia.

Also, while Germany sure is a voice with considerable weight, how on earth would you entertain the idea that they are in command. They are not. Their economy isn't lightyears ahead, and neither is their military, they do not possess "the bomb" like France does. They too have to compromise and don't just get their way.

-- What about Roy Moore? Finally feeling like condemning his deeds after even more witnesses came along?

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - PhilHos - 11-16-2017

(11-16-2017, 09:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/15/media/sean-hannity-roy-moore/index.html

He is investigating what is false!  Maybe he has a memory like Sessions?

Can someone explain, if innocent of something this heinous, why counsel would not want you to comment? I gotta think if someone falsely accused me of somethign like this, I would be constantly espousing my innocence. I know lawyers generally advise their clients to shut up, but still, I can't help but lawyering up publicly only exacerbates the situation (assuming he's innocent of course).

(11-16-2017, 12:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have, and I must say that Chris Hansen looks like he ate all the Wendy's and drank all the Mike's Hard Lemonade the predators brought to mid 2000's sting. Lordy.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

I love those shows.

When a girl you met on the net asks you to bring wine coolers and condoms you better watch out. Lol