Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Fantasy Questions Megathread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: Fantasy Questions Megathread (/Thread-Fantasy-Questions-Megathread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - BobJones4980 - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 05:44 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Yes, I agree, this is a good thread.  Love having a place to go bounce ideas off of and get "good" (yet to be determined), objective advice.  :)  

This week's question is in regards to my RB's.

Start 3 of the following.

Eddie Lacy (hurt? non existant last week)
Jeremy Hill (fumble issues? Non existant last week)
Dion Lewis  (has been on fire lately!)
David Johnson (see Dion Lewis)
Ameer Abdullah (started off hot, but faded terribly last week)

Eddie Lacy was hurt early in the game last week and seems to be a trend for him having slow starts to the season anyway. May or may not play this week.

Jeremy Hill was solid last week, I think it was something like 40 yards or so in the first half but the fumbles erased all those points and then they benched him. I think he will be fine in the long run and I don't think Gio is gonna take over or anything like that, Hill is the better every down RB he just has to hold onto the ball and I think the team knows that.

Dion Lewis is solid option as well and more dependable that David Johnson by a long shot in fantasy. Patriots RB's always scare me since Belichick can just wake up Sunday and give the 4th string RB all the carries this week.

David Johnson has some solid point totals but most of his points come off of 1 big play every game, solid 5 carries for 42 yards and his involvement in the offense should go up every week but I just don't know if I'm ready to start him this week.

Ameer Abdullah had his hype train derailed last week didn't he? Hard to trust an unknown because we only have 2 weeks of him and they have been 94 total yards and a TD and the 9 yards. I say hold off on him this week against a strong Denver D.

If Eddie Lacy is playing I think you have to start your studs in Lacy and Hill, then #3 is Lewis imo.

(09-24-2015, 05:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Hopkins might not play this week (concussion protocols), but for long term he'll be good. Murray having hammy issues now (must've gotten off of the bench too fast when his number was called). Martin is trade bait. And you know my opinion on Watkins.

I think as the season rolls along, Palmer will hang or out score Brady, so that trade is neutral.

I would do it and laugh. Fairly even swap for QB, much better WR, and you give me 2 RB's that I can trade with for someone else.

You're RB's are already good, so I'd look to acquire another WR or TE if you need one of those.

EDIT: FYI I hit a few trade analyzers and they said DO IT before the guy changes his mind! LOL
Edit 2: Get Gurley

I probably will end up doing it but might wait a week since this dude is refusing to add Gurley.

I don't have to have Hopkins mainly because he might not even play this week so no rush for me and this is why :

DeMarco Murray plays the Jets this week, how do you think that's gonna work out for him? My guess would be not great.

DeAndre Hopkins like you said might not play this week.

Palmer will continue to be fine but if he isn't sold on that by now I'm not concerned.

Todd Gurley probably won't play again this week and if he does it'll be limited.

Brady is playing the Jags so I expect another big game from him, might hit 30 this week, they let Tannehill get 360 yards and 2 TDs last week.

I look at it this way, I don't have to have this trade so mid as well wait it out and squeeze everything I can out of it.

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - jason - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 05:44 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Yes, I agree, this is a good thread.  Love having a place to go bounce ideas off of and get "good" (yet to be determined), objective advice.  :)  

This week's question is in regards to my RB's.

Start 3 of the following.

Eddie Lacy (hurt? non existant last week)
Jeremy Hill (fumble issues? Non existant last week)
Dion Lewis  (has been on fire lately!)
David Johnson (see Dion Lewis)
Ameer Abdullah (started off hot, but faded terribly last week)

Hill, Lewis (been lighting it up on my bench too), and David Johnson (all he does is score TDs)... That's my two cents.

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - jason - 09-24-2015

Anybody like Dalton this week over Tannehill @ Buffalo?  I picked Andy up when Romo went down.

My team has come out hot (but I've yet to start Tannehill), and my gut tells me that the second I start Dalton, Bad Andy will rear his ugly head....  Thoughts?

Also....  I'm starting  WR Antonio Brown
                              WR Steve Smith
                              RB Danny Woodhead
                              RB Dion Lewis
                              TE Rob Gronkowski

I'm leaning toward Amari Cooper as my flex.  Anybody like Matt Jones vs NYG tonight?  It's a PPR (1 pt) league.

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - Mike M (the other one) - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 06:59 PM)jason Wrote: Anybody like Dalton this week over Tannehill @ Buffalo?  I picked Andy up when Romo went down.

My team has come out hot (but I've yet to start Tannehill), and my gut tells me that the second I start Dalton, Bad Andy will rear his ugly head....  Thoughts?

WR Steve Smith
                              RB Danny Woodhead
                              RB Dion Lewis
                              TE Rob Gronkowski

I'm leaning toward Amari Cooper as my flex.  Anybody like Matt Jones vs NYG tonight?  It's a PPR (1 pt) league.

Tough call, but I prefer Tannehill over AD this week. The Bills did give up 340 yards and 3 td's to Brady.
Giants for all of their ineptness are actually pretty stout against the run. I'd go with Cooper.

(09-24-2015, 07:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Tough call, but I prefer Tannehill over AD this week. The Bills did give up 340 yards and 3 td's to Brady.
Giants for all of their ineptness are actually pretty stout against the run. I'd go with Cooper.

Ravens D vs Carr - 351 Yards and 3 TD with 1 INT.

Bills D vs Brady - 466 Yards and 3 TD with 0 INT.

Neither D played well last week, maybe Suggs meant that much to the Ravens D but both teams went from playing Stellar in week 1 to awful in week 2.

I would lean more towards the Bills Defense last week being more about Brady being Brady over anything else. 

As for the Ravens they lost a major piece of the defense after a good week then came out and lets the Raiders drop 37 points and 351 Yards on them through the air.

I'll take Dalton this week, he has been hot and has the weapons to score his TD's against a D that couldn't stop the Raiders when they wanted to pass last week.

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - QueenCitySouth - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 06:59 PM)jason Wrote: Anybody like Dalton this week over Tannehill @ Buffalo?  I picked Andy up when Romo went down.

WR Steve Smith
                              RB Danny Woodhead
                              RB Dion Lewis
                              TE Rob Gronkowski

Actually it's Buffalo @ Tannehill this week.

So I accepted the trade, couldn't squeeze Gurley out of him since he is a Rams fan LOL

But Got Carson Palmer, DeAndre Hopkins, DeMarco Murray and Doug Martin for Tom Brady and Sammy Watkins so pretty happy with it it since my #2 WR is Brandin Cooks.

Starting Lineup as of trade :

QB : Carson Palmer
RB1 : LeVeon Bell
RB2 : Jeremy Hill
WR1 : Demaryius Thomas
WR2 : DeAndre Hopkins
TE : Tyler Eifert
Flex : CJ Anderson
D / ST : Bills
K : Stephen Gostkowski

Bench :

Allen Robinson WR
Brandin Cooks WR
Lamar Miller RB
Andre Ellington RB
Doug Martin RB
DeMarco Murray RB
Ronnie Hillman RB - handcuff until this CJ mess gets straightened out.

Feel pretty good about this team right now, ton of potential and if Luck has another bad week I might try and buy low on him since he should turn it around at some point and I should have some pieces worth moving.

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - Bengalsrob - 09-25-2015

(09-24-2015, 10:11 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So I accepted the trade, couldn't squeeze Gurley out of him since he is a Rams fan LOL

But Got Carson Palmer, DeAndre Hopkins, DeMarco Murray and Doug Martin for Tom Brady and Sammy Watkins so pretty happy with it it since my #2 WR is Brandin Cooks.

Bench :

Allen Robinson WR
Brandin Cooks WR
Lamar Miller RB
Andre Ellington RB
Doug Martin RB
DeMarco Murray RB

Feel pretty good about this team right now, ton of potential and if Luck has another bad week I might try and buy low on him since he should turn it around at some point and I should have some pieces worth moving.
I'd start Allen Robinson over Murray, and do all I could to unload Murray for maybe a Stevie Johnson or someone like that. I'd try to unload Cooks too, New Orleans is bad and getting worse.

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - BobJones4980 - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 03:34 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I'd start Allen Robinson over Murray, and do all I could to unload Murray for maybe a Stevie Johnson or someone like that. I'd try to unload Cooks too, New Orleans is bad and getting worse.

Probably not starting either guy this week unless Hopkins is out with the concussion. I have actually been trying to unload Cooks but nobody wants him, I just need 1 big game before I can trade him off his "potential"  LOL

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - Mike M (the other one) - 09-25-2015

(09-24-2015, 10:11 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So I accepted the trade, couldn't squeeze Gurley out of him since he is a Rams fan LOL

Bench :

Allen Robinson WR
Brandin Cooks WR
Lamar Miller RB
Andre Ellington RB
Doug Martin RB
DeMarco Murray RB

Team's looking pretty good, and with good depth. I'd try to trade of a couple of those RB's for another WR and call it a championship roster.

PS Got lucky again, in my 2 big leagues, I picked up Giants RB Andre Williams before the game last night. Just cause I think he's going to be the starter there as the year progresses. The talent is there and Jennings is 30. It's just a matter of Coughlin starting the Vet over a 2nd year player. With the Giants being 0-2, I knew that Tom was going to have to shake some things up if he wants to keep his job.

I also like Rishard Matthews WR Miami. Everyone (including myself) is waiting on Parker to emerge, but apparently Tannehill likes Rishard.

Another Deep Sleeper for those with deep benches could be Damien Williams RB Miami, if he's available, I'd get stash him before this weekends game. He's an undrafted 2nd year player and he's pushing Lamar Miller (who is off to a slow start) for the top job.

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - StoneTheCrow - 09-27-2015

I'll try again this week. Frank Gore or Carlos Hyde? And Michael Crabtre or Kyle Rudolph?

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - BobJones4980 - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 12:13 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'll try again this week. Frank Gore or Carlos Hyde? And Michael Crabtre or Kyle Rudolph?

Carlos Hyde got everyone hyped up and followed it up by getting hurt the next week. This week he is playing a solid Cardinals D that gave up only 47 Yards and 0 TD's to NO on the ground then followed it up by giving up only 61 Yards to Matt Forte last week. Pretty tough match-up for Hyde this week.

Frank Gore plays a Tennessee team who seems solid vs the run but played TB week 1 in what turned into a game of catch up for TB so they stopped running. Week 2 they gave up over 100 rushing and a TD to that combination of RB's in Cleveland. I think Frank Gore could have a solid week this week, should have had a TD last week but had that no contact fumble on the goal line. I think Luck and that offense finally get on track against a much weaker Defense this week.

I honestly think both end up having solid days but I feel like Gore has the easier match-up this week and will have more opportunity to score but both guys are solid options. I say go the way you are leaning on this one because I like both this week even if Hyde is playing a tough D.

Michael Crabtree is getting a ton of targets and seems to be making the most of them, also going into a match-up against a Browns team who has been giving up some plays in the passing game. Throw on top of everything else that Cooper is probably gonna be getting Haden all day while Crabtree takes everyone else and it makes the match-up a bit better. Honestly I like Crabtree to make some plays while Haden locks down Cooper.

Kyle Rudolph has averaged 5 receptions a game and has had 52 and 30 receiving yards. Playing a team that has given up a TD to a TE in each game. Which Vikings Offense shows up this week? The one that got stomped by the 49er's or the ones that beat Detroit last week?

For this I would probably go Crabtree, Rudolph probably doesn't get over 50 yards this week and will be dependent on a TD. If Crabtree doesn't grab a TD he could still get 80-100 yards against this Browns Defense. Just to put the Browns D in perspective they have given up 26 and 22 points to the NYJ and Titans, not exactly passing power houses. 

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - StoneTheCrow - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 12:58 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Carlos Hyde got everyone hyped up and followed it up by getting hurt the next week. This week he is playing a solid Cardinals D that gave up only 47 Yards and 0 TD's to NO on the ground then followed it up by giving up only 61 Yards to Matt Forte last week. Pretty tough match-up for Hyde this week.

Frank Gore plays a Tennessee team who seems solid vs the run but played TB week 1 in what turned into a game of catch up for TB so they stopped running. Week 2 they gave up over 100 rushing and a TD to that combination of RB's in Cleveland. I think Frank Gore could have a solid week this week, should have had a TD last week but had that no contact fumble on the goal line. I think Luck and that offense finally get on track against a much weaker Defense this week.

I honestly think both end up having solid days but I feel like Gore has the easier match-up this week and will have more opportunity to score but both guys are solid options. I say go the way you are leaning on this one because I like both this week even if Hyde is playing a tough D.

Michael Crabtree is getting a ton of targets and seems to be making the most of them, also going into a match-up against a Browns team who has been giving up some plays in the passing game. Throw on top of everything else that Cooper is probably gonna be getting Haden all day while Crabtree takes everyone else and it makes the match-up a bit better. Honestly I like Crabtree to make some plays while Haden locks down Cooper.

Kyle Rudolph has averaged 5 receptions a game and has had 52 and 30 receiving yards. Playing a team that has given up a TD to a TE in each game. Which Vikings Offense shows up this week? The one that got stomped by the 49er's or the ones that beat Detroit last week?

For this I would probably go Crabtree, Rudolph probably doesn't get over 50 yards this week and will be dependent on a TD. If Crabtree doesn't grab a TD he could still get 80-100 yards against this Browns Defense. Just to put the Browns D in perspective they have given up 26 and 22 points to the NYJ and Titans, not exactly passing power houses. 

Awesome. Thanks. I was leaning both of those ways, but you've sold me.

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - jason - 09-27-2015

(09-24-2015, 08:53 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Ravens D vs Carr - 351 Yards and 3 TD with 1 INT.

Bills D vs Brady - 466 Yards and 3 TD with 0 INT.

Neither D played well last week, maybe Suggs meant that much to the Ravens D but both teams went from playing Stellar in week 1 to awful in week 2.

I would lean more towards the Bills Defense last week being more about Brady being Brady over anything else. 

As for the Ravens they lost a major piece of the defense after a good week then came out and lets the Raiders drop 37 points and 351 Yards on them through the air.

I'll take Dalton this week, he has been hot and has the weapons to score his TD's against a D that couldn't stop the Raiders when they wanted to pass last week.
You are now my vice president of player personnel... Smirk

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - BobJones4980 - 09-28-2015

(09-27-2015, 09:10 PM)jason Wrote: You are now my vice president of player personnel... Smirk

Glad it worked out for you.  LOL

I am 1-2 right now in my main league. Both weeks I have lost by 5 or less.

Week 2 played against OBJ and Antonio Brown then lost by 4 with the Bills D having -3 and Hill having -1.

Week 3 played against Devonta Freeman and Julio Jones then lost by 5 with Hill scoring 2, Eifert 0 and CJ Anderson 1.

I played Gronk and the Panters D week 1 and still ended up winning because of Eifert and Brady but it feels like I play the teams that have 2 guys explode every week lol.

Hill is really starting to annoy me, dude scores 6-7 points a week the last 2 weeks and I'm 3-0. Probably riding the bench this week.

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - jason - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 05:16 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Glad it worked out for you.  LOL

I am 1-2 right now in my main league. Both weeks I have lost by 5 or less.

Week 2 played against OBJ and Antonio Brown then lost by 4 with the Bills D having -3 and Hill having -1.

Week 3 played against Devonta Freeman and Julio Jones then lost by 5 with Hill scoring 2, Eifert 0 and CJ Anderson 1.

I played Gronk and the Panters D week 1 and still ended up winning because of Eifert and Brady but it feels like I play the teams that have 2 guys explode every week lol.

Hill is really starting to annoy me, dude scores 6-7 points a week the last 2 weeks and I'm 3-0. Probably riding the bench this week.
I think that happens to everybody (unless they're playing a subpar team, like I have the past two weeks).  Week one I went against Travis Kelcie, Deandre Hopkins, and Julio.  I was up 32 headed into MNF.  Julio put me away by himself (didn't even need the 49ers D).  I'm leading my league in scoring, and that guy's team hasn't scored like that since.  This week Andy and Steve Smith exploded for me.

I'd ride Hill out for awhile...  He'll go off the second that you don't play him.

(09-28-2015, 06:53 PM)jason Wrote: I think that happens to everybody (unless they're playing a subpar team, like I have the past two weeks).  Week one I went against Travis Kelcie, Deandre Hopkins, and Julio.  I was up 32 headed into MNF.  Julio put me away by himself (didn't even need the 49ers D).  I'm leading my league in scoring, and that guy's team hasn't scored like that since.  This week Andy and Steve Smith exploded for me.

I'd ride Hill out for awhile...  He'll go off the second that you don't play him.

I don't mind being beat by AB, OBJ or Julio but when Freeman is getting 37 or whatever out of nowhere it kills me lol.

RE: Fantasy Questions Megathread - jason - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 09:05 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I don't mind being beat by AB, OBJ or Julio but when Freeman is getting 37 or whatever out of nowhere it kills me lol.

Greg Olsen put a scare into me yesterday.  If Demraryus Thomas would have gone off last night, I'd be sweating Aaron Rogers on MNF tonight.  I'm too far ahead.

I released Freeman weeks ago.  Is he going to be starting again this week?  If Foster can't get back this week, I only have Woodhead and CJ Spiller available at RB.  I'm a week or two from cutting bait on Spiller too.  Do you think it's too soon to write him off?

(09-28-2015, 10:04 PM)jason Wrote: Greg Olsen put a scare into me yesterday.  If Demraryus Thomas would have gone off last night, I'd be sweating Aaron Rogers on MNF tonight.  I'm too far ahead.

I released Freeman weeks ago.  Is he going to be starting again this week?  If Foster can't get back this week, I only have Woodhead and CJ Spiller available at RB.  I'm a week or two from cutting bait on Spiller too.  Do you think it's too soon to write him off?

Expectation is Coleman was gonna miss a few weeks so if you can grab Freeman or Karlos Williams that would be a solid move. Rumor I've been hearing is McCoy might sit for week 4, Williams has been getting a TD every week already so him with a full workload could be a very good pickup. 

As for CJ Spiller I am kinda biased, never really liked him, been burned too many times by nagging injuries slowing him down or keeping him out. Now if it makes you feel any better Sean Payton came out and said that he was fully healthy and needed more touches so maybe hold on for another week and see if he really means it.

Looking for some input on RB2 and Flex this week so pick 2 from the guys below :

DeMarco Murray RB @ Wsh
Jeremy Hill RB vs KC
CJ Anderson RB vs MIN
Allen Robinson WR @ IND
Steve Smith WR @ PIT
Justin Forsett RB @ PIT
Karlos Williams RB vs NYG - trying to get off waivers this week

I'm leaning towards Karlos Williams if I get him and McCoy is out for one of the spots but unsure of the other.