Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fantasy Questions Megathread
Shouldn't we have a thread for any little questions someone might have? Figured I'd make one since I always have some questions not worth making a thread i'd like to ask and assume others do as well.

Figured this could be for basically anything fantasy related but some of the most popular topics would be:

Who do I start?
Who do I trade?
Who do I pick up/drop?
Rate My Team
Rate My Trade

Maybe I'm the only one interested in something like this but figured I'd throw it out and see how it goes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll take you up...

Who should I start as my flex?  Steve Smith vs Den.  Sammy Watkins vs Indy (Tyrod Taylor @ QB).  John Brown vs NO.  It's a PPR league...  1 point per catch.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 08:43 PM)jason Wrote: I'll take you up...

Who should I start as my flex?  Steve Smith vs Den.  Sammy Watkins vs Indy (Tyrod Taylor @ QB).  John Brown vs NO.  It's a PPR league...  1 point per catch.

That's a tough choice honestly.

Steve Smith - Probably the best choice of the 3 right now, only had 5 games with less than 5 catches last year but is playing a tougher D in Denver. Not a bad option because the odds of him giving you 5+ receptions is alot better than it not happening. Also Perriman out so Flacco may be looking Smith's way even more.

Sammy Watkins - I got him on my team as well but I'd like to see what he does the first few weeks before I feel confident starting him. Had a few good games last year but hasn't played at all in the preseason and may take a game or two to get going. Who knows, he could blow up but you really can't be sure of Watkins just yet.

John Brown - May depend on if Floyd plays week 1 or not but if he doesn't then I think Brown is a good option, weak NO defense and Palmer is back at QB to hit him deep.

I think Steve Smith probably pulls ahead in PPR because he is really likely to grab 5+ receptions. I do love John Brown and he is playing a much weaker D but we need to see if Floyd is playing and also last year he had 3 games with 5 receptions and all the others were under 5 which could hurt you in PPR. 

I got a question for anyone looking as well.

This Cowboys situation is killing me, I have Randle and Michael but now I'm hearing DMC is getting the start so my question is should I try and get rid of Randle now before the season starts?

Would you bite on an Arian Foster for Jospeh Randle trade straight up? With that Cowboys situation getting murkier by the minute and Arian Foster reported to be coming back in 4-6 weeks is it worth it?

Got LeVeon Bell, Jeremy Hill, Lamar Miller and Andre Ellington ahead of him.
Reply/Quote
Alright fellas....  I have a situation.  I need an emergency RB for week one only.  Seems best available healthy guys are: DeAngelo Williams (filling in for Bell),  Dion Lewis of NE, or Alfred Blue.  I have two healthy RB on my roster....  Danny Woodhead and Matt Jones.  Jones doesn't seem a very good option to start this week.....  HELP!!!!!!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 08:49 PM)jason Wrote: Alright fellas....  I have a situation.  I need an emergency RB for week one only.  Seems best available healthy guys are: DeAngelo Williams (filling in for Bell),  Dion Lewis of NE, or Alfred Blue.  I have two healthy RB on my roster....  Danny Woodhead and Matt Jones.  Jones doesn't seem a very good option to start this week.....  HELP!!!!!!!!!

Sick

DeAngelo Williams - Alright so everyone expects a shootout with terrible secondaries and elite QBs throwing the ball but the weather looks like Thunderstorms and heavy rain so the teams may be looking to run the ball more, just something to think about.

Alfred Blue - Starting RB on a crappy team playing against a pretty damn solid Defense, doubt he gets a ton of yards and may be touchdown dependent. 

Dion Lewis - Patriots RB so you really never know, could go for 200 yards or 0. Never trust the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 08:49 PM)jason Wrote: Alright fellas....  I have a situation.  I need an emergency RB for week one only.  Seems best available healthy guys are: DeAngelo Williams (filling in for Bell),  Dion Lewis of NE, or Alfred Blue.  I have two healthy RB on my roster....  Danny Woodhead and Matt Jones.  Jones doesn't seem a very good option to start this week.....  HELP!!!!!!!!!

Slim pickins. Some that I would look at:
Karlos Wiliams
Terrence West
Christine Michael
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Flex in a 0.75 PPR:

Doug Martin vs Tenn
Jarvis Landry vs Wash

Decker vs Cle
Agholor vs. Atl

Tre Mason vs. Sea

I already have Lamar Miller starting at RB and some people hate to have two players from the same team starting, but I am not sure if that is a myth or not. I just think to start who I think will score the most, but I cannot figure it out between Martin and Landry.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:10 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Sick

DeAngelo Williams - Alright so everyone expects a shootout with terrible secondaries and elite QBs throwing the ball but the weather looks like Thunderstorms and heavy rain so the teams may be looking to run the ball more, just something to think about.

Alfred Blue - Starting RB on a crappy team playing against a pretty damn solid Defense, doubt he gets a ton of yards and may be touchdown dependent. 

Dion Lewis - Patriots RB so you really never know, could go for 200 yards or 0. Never trust the Patriots.
That will double suck because I have Gronk and Antonio Brown both in that game too.  I think Williams may be my best option.  I do have Joique Bell as well but he's listed questionable, and hasn't had an offseason really.  I just basically need 1 game out of one of those.  I think Duke Johnson (he's available) could be pretty good, but I'm not sure he can play this week.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Slim pickins. Some that I would look at:
Karlos Wiliams
Terrence West
Christine Michael
Every one of them...  Taken.  I have some RB hoarders in my league.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:21 PM)MrRager Wrote: Flex in a 0.75 PPR:

Doug Martin vs Tenn
Jarvis Landry vs Wash

Decker vs Cle
Agholor vs. Atl

Tre Mason vs. Sea

I already have Lamar Miller starting at RB and some people hate to have two players from the same team starting, but I am not sure if that is a myth or not. I just think to start who I think will score the most, but I cannot figure it out between Martin and Landry.
If that were my team...  I like Agholor.  Landry may well get you some pts. against Washington's D though.  Doug Martin to take pressure off of Winston in his first start? I could see him getting a lot of carries and yrds...  I'd definitely steer clear of Tre Mason this week.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:04 PM)jason Wrote: Every one of them...  Taken.  I have some RB hoarders in my league.

You'd be going against our boys, but I've heard Taiwan Jones could be a boom.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:21 PM)MrRager Wrote: Flex in a 0.75 PPR:

Doug Martin vs Tenn
Jarvis Landry vs Wash

Decker vs Cle
Agholor vs. Atl

Tre Mason vs. Sea

Honestly I love Landry in PPR, guys pulled in 5-8 receptions in 11 of his games and it has been reported he is gonna be a major redzone target this year.

Doug Martin is a solid option but we just don't know if he can return to form this year but we know Jarvis Landry is close to a lock for 5 receptions more weeks than not.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:13 PM)jason Wrote: If that were my team...  I like Agholor.  Landry may well get you some pts. against Washington's D though.  Doug Martin to take pressure off of Winston in his first start?  I could see him getting a lot of carries and yrds...  I'd definitely steer clear of Tre Mason this week.
He is definitely lower on my list to start this week. I am stoked to have him for the year, but I really think he could take some time to grow in the offense, much like Matthews last year. I am kinda considering starting him this week though.

Agreed stay away from Mason. I expected Gurley to be out longer when I drafted and was hoping he would just be a solid option for 5-6 weeks. It looks like it was a wasted draft pick at this point. 

Why so high on Agholor vs Landry?
(09-09-2015, 12:11 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Honestly I love Landry in PPR, guys pulled in 5-8 receptions in 11 of his games and it has been reported he is gonna be a major redzone target this year.

Doug Martin is a solid option but we just don't know if he can return to form this year but we know Jarvis Landry is close to  a lock for 5 receptions more weeks than not.
As of right now I am leaning towards Landry. I really think he could break out and in a PPR be something special. I just am not sure if he can supplant Martin week one. Martin, who obviously has not looked the same, has apparently retaken the rains in Tampa again. He has the talent, considering he went in the first, but WOW this is one of the hardest decisions I've had to make.

I thank both of you for the input and will let you know who I picked to steam roll this week.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Jarvis would be the safest bet.
People forget that Miami is a very good September team.

I'm not sold on Martin yet. True he's looking good, but until I see more proof from him in the regular season, then I'm not going to trust him.
Reply/Quote
Which team has the better season

Team 1
QB
T Romo
RB
L Miller
A ellington
WR
A Brown
M Evans
TE
Gronk
Flex
G Tate

Bengals D/ST
K
Prater

Ben
L Blount (RB)
C Spiller (RB)
S Bradford(QB)
M Wallace (WR)
K Rudolph (TE)
P Garcon (WR)
T Williams (WR)

Roddy white sitting out there undrafted....

Team 2.
QB
A Luck
RB
E Lacy
L Murray
WR
A Green
B cooks
TE
J Cameron
Flex
D Jackson

Bills D/ST
K
S. Hauschka

Ben
L Blount(RB)
J Brown (WR)
P Garcon (WR)
T Eifert (TE)
C Palmer (QB)
Lions D/ST

(nothing good still out there lol)
Reply/Quote
Sam Bradford or Russell Wilson at QB this week? Yahoo GURU says Wilson, GURU is usually wrong, but what do you think?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 02:16 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Sam Bradford or Russell Wilson at QB this week? Yahoo GURU says Wilson, GURU is usually wrong, but what do you think?

I have a rule for the first week that I like to stick to and that is to play the safe pick, that would be Russel Wilson.

Russel Wilson had 12 games with 15+ points out of 16 last year, One of the under 15 was the last game of the season as well. Last year Wilson's first game against St. Louis last year he had 36 points, the second game against ST. Louis was week 17 and he only had 7. Throw in the fact he now has Jimmy Graham in the Redzone and I would feel pretty confident he gets his points.

Sam Bradford on the other hand has play 7 games in the last 2 years. Sure he could come out and blow up against a weaker ATL Defense but we just don't know yet. 

Like I said, give me the consistent option in Russel Wilson at least the first week, if Bradford comes out and blows it up week 1 then you start wondering who to start next week. Just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 02:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Which team has the better season

Team 1
QB
T Romo
RB
L Miller
A ellington
WR
A Brown
M Evans
TE
Gronk
Flex
G Tate

Bengals D/ST
K
Prater

Ben
L Blount (RB)
C Spiller (RB)
S Bradford(QB)
M Wallace (WR)
K Rudolph (TE)
P Garcon (WR)
T Williams (WR)

Roddy white sitting out there undrafted....

Team 2.
QB
A Luck
RB
E Lacy
L Murray
WR
A Green
B cooks
TE
J Cameron
Flex
D Jackson

Bills D/ST
K
S. Hauschka

Ben
L Blount(RB)
J Brown (WR)
P Garcon (WR)
T Eifert (TE)
C Palmer (QB)
Lions D/ST

(nothing good still out there lol)

PPR or Standard?

Either way Lamar Miller and Andre Ellington are a concerning group at RB, I love Miller but Andre Ellington has some injury concerns. 

If I was a betting man I would say team 2 in standard but team 1 in PPR. Team 1 has better WR/Flex along with RB's who are more involved in the receiving game(especially Ellington).

Although I don't really think the Bengals D is gonna be great in fantasy this year like some but maybe I'll be wrong, plus streaming D's is a perfectly fine strategy so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 02:16 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Sam Bradford or Russell Wilson at QB this week? Yahoo GURU says Wilson, GURU is usually wrong, but what do you think?

I'd go with Bradford.

Wilson is still adjusting to his toys, while Bradford has shown he's got it down already.
Reply/Quote

Gotta go Bradford. Look who they are playing against.

Reply/Quote