Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fantasy Questions Megathread
(09-16-2015, 03:57 PM)jason Wrote: In all honesty so do I...  I'm playing against Eifert this week, and  starting Woodhead again.  The Bengals come first.  I wasn't even following my team (except for between qtrs.) between 4 and 7 pm.  I just liked it better when Gio was in the game, and Hill was watching.  Gotta keep Hill fresh ya know...  Especially in week 10 again. Ninja

Tannehill @ Jax or Romo @ Philly this week?  I'm leaning toward Romo with Witten as a flex (no Dez), but Jacksonville seems putrid again.

While I do agree Jacksonville looks awful we really don't know what to expect from the Defense after the 1st week because Carolina just looked awful on offense.

Tannehill could have a big game against that D especially with all the weapons he has but I think about it this way, if that Carolina D shut Jacksonville down easily then a very talented Dolphins D shouldn't have much of a problem which leads to what I could easily see becoming a game that gets away from the Jags early. Look what happened with the Raiders and Bengals this week, our offense basically shut it down early because the game was over at halftime, could see something similar this week with the Jags and Dolphins, I'd also anticipate more running from the Dolphins this week. Also for reference he had 196 Yards 1 TD and 1 INT against the Jags last year. Also as a Lamar Miller owner let me assure you they hate running the ball in Miami even if he is gaining 10 yards per carry.

Romo should have a solid game with the one question mark being Dez. How does this offense run without the opposing D having to worry about Dez? either way this one should be a high scoring game and Romo will likely get his this week. I actually picked up Terrence Williams this week to see what he could produce with Dez out but we have to wait and see how an offense that lost its top RB in the off season and now an elite WR will play without them both.

Honestly I think you'll get reasonable numbers from either guy this week but I think the ceiling for both is pretty modest.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 08:28 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: While I do agree Jacksonville looks awful we really don't know what to expect from the Defense after the 1st week because Carolina just looked awful on offense.

Tannehill could have a big game against that D especially with all the weapons he has but I think about it this way, if that Carolina D shut Jacksonville down easily then a very talented Dolphins D shouldn't have much of a problem which leads to what I could easily see becoming a game that gets away from the Jags early. Look what happened with the Raiders and Bengals this week, our offense basically shut it down early because the game was over at halftime, could see something similar this week with the Jags and Dolphins, I'd also anticipate more running from the Dolphins this week. Also for reference he had 196 Yards 1 TD and 1 INT against the Jags last year. Also as a Lamar Miller owner let me assure you they hate running the ball in Miami even if he is gaining 10 yards per carry.

Romo should have a solid game with the one question mark being Dez. How does this offense run without the opposing D having to worry about Dez? either way this one should be a high scoring game and Romo will likely get his this week. I actually picked up Terrence Williams this week to see what he could produce with Dez out but we have to wait and see how an offense that lost its top RB in the off season and now an elite WR will play without them both.

Honestly I think you'll get reasonable numbers from either guy this week but I think the ceiling for both is pretty modest.
I was aiming for consistency when I drafted them... I took them back to back. There is not much drop off from one to the other.

I have another uncertainty....  Amari Cooper and Steve Smith both let me down last week.  Antonio Brown is my #1 WR.  I'm leaning toward Smith (@ Oakland) as my #2 over Amari this week.  I can't see his feisty ass having 2 bad games in a row.  The Raiders' secondary didn't impress me last week.  I also don't like Cooper matched up with Smith... Carr is gimpy too.  I have Tyler Lockett too, but I'm not ready to start him ... yet.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 09:45 PM)jason Wrote: I was aiming for consistency when I drafted them... I took them back to back. There is not much drop off from one to the other.

I have another uncertainty....  Amari Cooper and Steve Smith both let me down last week.  Antonio Brown is my #1 WR.  I'm leaning toward Smith (@ Oakland) as my #2 over Amari this week.  I can't see his feisty ass having 2 bad games in a row.  The Raiders' secondary didn't impress me last week.  I also don't like Cooper matched up with Smith... Carr is gimpy too.  I have Tyler Lockett too, but I'm not ready to start him ... yet.

Oh yea Smith is the best option imo. Like you said Carr hurt playing a very solid D seems like a bad matchup for Cooper. Also didn't like 2 raiders DBs go down against us? Should open things up even more for Smith.
Reply/Quote
WR/TE question-

I need to start two guys from the following.

Tyler Eifert, home against the Chargers
Mike Wallace, home against the Lions
Roddy White, on the road against the Giants
and
Andre Johnson, home agains the Jets

Who would you all start?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 03:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: WR/TE question-

I need to start two guys from the following.

Tyler Eifert, home against the Chargers
Mike Wallace, home against the Lions
Roddy White, on the road against the Giants
and
Andre Johnson, home agains the Jets

Who would you all start?

First off I would take Andre Johnson off the board. I am super down on the guy after week one and would be really nervous starting him until he shows something, especially against a good Jets D this week. Did have 10 targets but looked slow, had some terrible drops and goes from playing 1 tough match up straight into another one.

Mike Wallace looks solid and he has some big play potential. Seems like a 5-10 point guy every week just like when he played with the dolphins with a chance to get behind the defense and put up a few more points a couple weeks out of the year. Lions D just got destroyed by Rivers this week but Bridgewater is nowhere close to that lvl of QB. 7 Targets last week. 

Roddy White had a very solid game against the Eagles and is heading into a very favorable match up with the Giants D. Had 84 yards and was targeted 8 times the first week. With a great match up and the fact teams have to shift most of their attention to Julio Jones it gives him a chance to get his targets every week. I quite like this match up.

Tyler Eifert showed everyone what he could do last week and now he gets to face a Chargers D that gave up 11 fantasy points to Eric Ebron. I would take this matchup everyday of the week out of these 4 guys. Eifert had 12 targets and we showed everyone last week that he was gonna be a top target for this offense, he may not have 2 TDs and 100 yards this week but he will get his opportunities vs the Chargers. I have a hard time seeing Manti Te'o cover Tyler Eifert the whole game.

If it were me I would go Tyler Eifert and Roddy White. I like Mike Wallace but I think Roddy is in a better offense/situation that will give him more opportunities to make plays this week.
Reply/Quote
Brady @ the Bills or
Palmer @ da Bears

Thanks in advance!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 06:29 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Brady @ the Bills or
Palmer @ da Bears

Thanks in advance!
I'd lean toward Brady.  Rex Ryan (and the Bills for that matter) is doing his usual blowhard woofing this week.  I think Brady torches them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I've been offered L McCoy and Abdullah for Gronk....  I also have Witten, and Seferian-Jenkins is just sitting there as a free agent...  I just don't know.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 09:22 PM)jason Wrote: I've been offered L McCoy and Abdullah for Gronk....  I also have Witten, and Seferian-Jenkins is just sitting there as a free agent...  I just don't know.

Don't do it, McCoy will battle the hammy issue all year. Abdullah could be good, but Gronk is a 15-20 point a week player. I'd try to send him Witten for one of them.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 06:29 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Brady @ the Bills or
Palmer @ da Bears

Thanks in advance!

Palmer.

People forget that Palmer has been very good when he has been uninjured in Arizona. He is against a Bears defense that has nothing in the secondary. With Ellington down look for them to lean on him hard. Brady on the other hand is going against what was last year one of the best defensive teams in the NFL. Add now that Ryan has had his own success agaisnt the patriots and I'd shy away from that match up this week.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 09:22 PM)jason Wrote: I've been offered L McCoy and Abdullah for Gronk....  I also have Witten, and Seferian-Jenkins is just sitting there as a free agent...  I just don't know.

(09-18-2015, 03:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Don't do it, McCoy will battle the hammy issue all year. Abdullah could be good, but Gronk is a 15-20 point a week player. I'd try to send him Witten for one of them.

I gotta go with you on this one, I kinda wanted to stay away from it because I feel like I'm biased when it comes to McCoy after having him last year but I just don't think I would pull the trigger on this one. Gronk is the type of guy thats gonna give you a good amount of points just about every week while Witten is solid he will have more games being shut down than Gronk does and Seferian-Jenkins might have been more of a fluke than anything else.

Also McCoy had 2.4 YPC against a pretty average Colts D in week 1.

Would help to know what you have at RB though, are you really weak at RB?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 03:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Palmer.

People forget that Palmer has been very good when he has been uninjured in Arizona. He is against a Bears defense that has nothing in the secondary. With Ellington down look for them to lean on him hard. Brady on the other hand is going against what was last year one of the best defensive teams in the NFL. Add now that Ryan has had his own success agaisnt the patriots and I'd shy away from that match up this week.

I would probably lean onto the Palmer side of the fence this week as well.

BUT..

Tom Brady played against that Bills D last year that was ranked #1 and ended up with 361 Yards and 4 TD's. Second game he only attempted 16 passes and it was the last game of the year.

I think Palmer is more of sure thing this week so probably the safe bet but I wouldn't be shocked if Brady has a big game.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 04:08 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I would probably lean onto the Palmer side of the fence this week as well.

BUT..

Tom Brady played against that Bills D last year that was ranked #1 and ended up with 361 Yards and 4 TD's. Second game he only attempted 16 passes and it was the last game of the year.

I think Palmer is more of sure thing this week so probably the safe bet but I wouldn't be shocked if Brady has a big game.

At the end of the year they shut down Rodgers and Manning then shut down Luck week 1 until garbage time where they went prevent. I think they started clicking towards the back half of last year. I am a big believer in Rex and this defense.
Reply/Quote
Who do I start this week Hyde vs Steelers  or Lamar Miller vs Jacksonville?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 04:04 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I gotta go with you on this one, I kinda wanted to stay away from it because I feel like I'm biased when it comes to McCoy after having him last year but I just don't think I would pull the trigger on this one. Gronk is the type of guy thats gonna give you a good amount of points just about every week while Witten is solid he will have more games being shut down than Gronk does and Seferian-Jenkins might have been more of a fluke than anything else.

Also McCoy had 2.4 YPC against a pretty average Colts D in week 1.

Would help to know what you have at RB though, are you really weak at RB?
On paper....  But I have guys who can do damage in PPR.  Woodhead, Spiller (if he ever plays), Dion Lewis, Deangelo Williams (for one more week), and Duke Johnson.  I have a waiver claim on Arian Foster...  Not sure I'll get him.  My RBs did fine last week.  WR2 and flex killed me.  I basically told the dude to get back with me in a few weeks.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 06:08 PM)J24 Wrote: Who do I start this week Hyde vs Steelers  or Lamar Miller vs Jacksonville?

Great options either way but I probably give a slight edge to Hyde.

Both have a pretty solid match up but Hyde is more of a focal point in that Offense that will get all the goal line looks.

Miller has some huge potential against an awful Jags team but the question remains with him, Will the Dolphins run him?

I saw him last week pop off like 2-3 10 yard runs in a row and the Dolphins still went away from him. 

A stat that sticks out is Millers 14 touches vs Hyde's 28 touches. Hyde had double the touches of Miller last week, might not happen again but Hyde looks to be the main focus of that 49er's offense while Miller just doesnt.

(09-18-2015, 06:10 PM)jason Wrote: On paper....  But I have guys who can do damage in PPR.  Woodhead, Spiller (if he ever plays), Dion Lewis, Deangelo Williams (for one more week), and Duke Johnson.  I have a waiver claim on Arian Foster...  Not sure I'll get him.  My RBs did fine last week.  WR2 and flex killed me.  I basically told the dude to get back with me in a few weeks.

I mean it could be a solid trade now that I see your RBs but I would wait and no idea who is dropping Foster this early but his loss is your gain. If I got Foster I would probably sit tight, without him you might wanna consider it. I would wait and see how McCoy and Abdullah do this week though and make sure Bell doesn't start taking too many carries away from him and also see how McCoys Hamstring is coming along.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 12:56 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Great options either way but I probably give a slight edge to Hyde.

Both have a pretty solid match up but Hyde is more of a focal point in that Offense that will get all the goal line looks.

Miller has some huge potential against an awful Jags team but the question remains with him, Will the Dolphins run him?

I saw him last week pop off like 2-3 10 yard runs in a row and the Dolphins still went away from him. 

A stat that sticks out is Millers 14 touches vs Hyde's 28 touches. Hyde had double the touches of Miller last week, might not happen again but Hyde looks to be the main focus of that 49er's offense while Miller just doesnt.

I mean it could be a solid trade now that I see your RBs but I would wait and no idea who is dropping Foster this early but his loss is your gain. If I got Foster I would probably sit tight, without him you might wanna consider it. I would wait and see how McCoy and Abdullah do this week though and make sure Bell doesn't start taking too many carries away from him and also see how McCoys Hamstring is coming along.

Same guy who started Foster and Martavis Bryant last week LMAO ...  He drafted Gio in the 2nd round (Jeremy Hill was still available).

The guy who wants to trade with me has Leveon Bell. That alone makes me not want to give him Gronk. It's a balance of power thing. I'd take Bell for him straight up though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So everybody seems to be panicking about CJ Anderson after a terrible first 2 weeks so should I try and trade for him?

Guy in my league gets down on his players really quickly so I am deciding on who to target in a trade, CJ Anderson or Mike Evans.

RB's : LeVeon Bell, Jeremy Hill, Lamar Miller, Joseph Randle, Andre Ellington, Ronnie Hillman, David Johnson

WR's : Demaryius Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, Terrance Williams

Honestly feel I have killer depth at RB but if I could flip Randle after a good game this week for a struggling CJ Anderson should I think about that?

Or should I go after Evans after this guy has seen injuries keep him out of games? Could probably use some WR depth but Terrance Williams became much more valuable after the Dez injury.

Might stay put but I love buying low when guys overreact to a slow start or get scared off by an injury early.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 08:50 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So everybody seems to be panicking about CJ Anderson after a terrible first 2 weeks so should I try and trade for him?

Guy in my league gets down on his players really quickly so I am deciding on who to target in a trade, CJ Anderson or Mike Evans.

RB's : LeVeon Bell, Jeremy Hill, Lamar Miller, Joseph Randle, Andre Ellington, Ronnie Hillman, David Johnson

WR's : Demaryius Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, Terrance Williams

Honestly feel I have killer depth at RB but if I could flip Randle after a good game this week for a struggling CJ Anderson should I think about that?

Or should I go after Evans after this guy has seen injuries keep him out of games? Could probably use some WR depth but Terrance Williams became much more valuable after the Dez injury.

Might stay put but I love buying low when guys overreact to a slow start or get scared off by an injury early.
You are stout @ RB.  Mike Evans should be your target.  DT and Evans will be a deadly combo for you....  I'm glad nobody in my league is as stacked as your team appears.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I lost Romo yesterday.  Good thing I was up 80 (you heard me 80 pts) @ the time.  I have Tannehill so the sky isn't falling, but his bye is week 5.  Dalton, Flacco, Alex Smith seem to be the most "reliable" options for that week.  Smith has the best matchup (Chi.).  Dalton has Seattle, and Flacco plays Cleveland.  Who would you take?

Secondly, I like to keep Romo.  Should I risk releasing him for a week or so?  Should I carry 3 QBs?  Or just use whoever for week 5, and hope Tannehill stays healthy?  I'm done with my Deangelo Williams rental (GM of the year for that pick up) so I could cut him  lose, but I was planning to grab Cleveland's D with that spot (Carolina's bye is also week 5).  Tyler Lockett seems to be somebody I could release, and get back if I want him.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote