Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fantasy Questions Megathread
(09-10-2015, 08:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'd go with Bradford.

Wilson is still adjusting to his toys, while Bradford has shown he's got it down already.

(09-10-2015, 08:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gotta go Bradford. Look who they are playing against.

What does Wilson have to adjust to? The same team is basically around him with a Major upgrade at TE and a third round WR that isn't even #2 on the depth chart yet. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think he has much to adjust to. 

As for Bradford the dude hasn't played since 2013. Also even if the Rams are better on D that didn't stop Wislon from scoring 36 on a D that is mostly the same as last year.

I get the reasoning for Bradford against that D and in that Offense but I just prefer to play my known studs week 1 but thats just me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Played against Gronk in 2 of my 3 Leagues.

At least I had Brady but when your QB gets the exact same point total as the opposing TE your chances of winning have to go down.

I just gotta pray my guys can pull this off, good news is he has McFadden as a #2 RB, TY Hilton vs that Bills D and I can just hope Davante Adams doesn't blow up his first week.

When Dion Lewis fumbled that ball on the 1 and Gronk jumped on it :

[Image: 6787885.gif]

Thank god he was down on the 1.
Reply/Quote
Simple question. Week 1 PPR League..Flex...Sammy Watkins or John Brown?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 04:11 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: PPR or Standard?

Either way Lamar Miller and Andre Ellington are a concerning group at RB, I love Miller but Andre Ellington has some injury concerns. 

If I was a betting man I would say team 2 in standard but team 1 in PPR. Team 1 has better WR/Flex along with RB's who are more involved in the receiving game(especially Ellington).

Although I don't really think the Bengals D is gonna be great in fantasy this year like some but maybe I'll be wrong, plus streaming D's is a perfectly fine strategy so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

standard leagues... i didnt get the Running backs i wanted for sure. on that team at least. But if ellington can stay healthy it shouldnt be too bad... Bengals D was cause i picked late and i felt i needed 1 homer pick lol

I do get Blount back next week though so that should help
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 09:17 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: What does Wilson have to adjust to? The same team is basically around him with a Major upgrade at TE and a third round WR that isn't even #2 on the depth chart yet. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think he has much to adjust to. 

As for Bradford the dude hasn't played since 2013. Also even if the Rams are better on D that didn't stop Wislon from scoring 36 on a D that is mostly the same as last year.

I get the reasoning for Bradford against that D and in that Offense but I just prefer to play my known studs week 1 but thats just me.

until bradford shows he can play a few games healthy hes on my bench...

Hoping he generates some trade value before he ends up on IR
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 12:58 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Simple question.  Week 1 PPR League..Flex...Sammy Watkins or John Brown?

That is a tough choice. 

Sammy Watkins is the clear #1 in Buffalo but the QB situation is less than ideal. Also throw on top of that Colts CB Vontae Davis hasn't allowed a TD in since week 13 of 2013. He is the number 1 option and Taylor looked solid in the preseason but Watkins is playing in a tough match up.

John Brown is the #3 WR in Arizona unless Floyd is out which is a game time decision last I heard. I think even if Floyd plays he could be limited and that NO defense is weak so I would probably bet on John Brown getting a good amount of receptions and maybe he breaks one deep.

I'd probably go Brown, much better match up and the chance to step up with Floyd limited or out this week.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 05:27 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: That is a tough choice. 

Sammy Watkins is the clear #1 in Buffalo but the QB situation is less than ideal. Also throw on top of that Colts CB Vontae Davis hasn't allowed a TD in since week 13 of 2013. He is the number 1 option and Taylor looked solid in the preseason but Watkins is playing in a tough match up.

John Brown is the #3 WR in Arizona unless Floyd is out which is a game time decision last I heard. I think even if Floyd plays he could be limited and that NO defense is weak so I would probably bet on John Brown getting a good amount of receptions and maybe he breaks one deep.

I'd probably go Brown, much better match up and the chance to step up with Floyd limited or out this week.

Thanks for the advice.  I have Brown plugged in there now.  I'm just going to leave him there.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 05:40 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Thanks for the advice.  I have Brown plugged in there now.  I'm just going to leave him there.

Stick with Brown.  Sammy is the real deal, but Rex Ryan is a proven moron offensively speaking (Tyrod Taylor?....  Really?).  I have Watkins too, and I've already picked up Tyler Lockett (hint, hint), while putting Sammy on the trading block because of the coach he plays for.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 11:25 PM)jason Wrote: Stick with Brown.  Sammy is the real deal, but Rex Ryan is a proven moron offensively speaking (Tyrod Taylor?....  Really?).  I have Watkins too, and I've already picked up Tyler Lockett (hint, hint), while putting Sammy on the trading block because of the coach he plays for.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I rolled DeAngelo Williams out Thursday night.  He produced (14.2 points).  Should I hold onto (and start) him one more week?  Or get ready to pounce on Duke Johnson or Matt Jones before the word gets out on these guys?  RB is my weakness (CJ Spiller, Danny Woodhead,  Dion Lewis, and Williams)...  I know that I caught lightning in a bottle with Williams (Hell I should have started Lewis too), and when Bell is back he'll be borderline worthless.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 10:13 AM)jason Wrote: I rolled DeAngelo Williams out Thursday night.  He produced (14.2 points).  Should I hold onto (and start) him one more week?  Or get ready to pounce on Duke Johnson or Matt Jones before the word gets out on these guys?  RB is my weakness (CJ Spiller, Danny Woodhead,  Dion Lewis, and Williams)...  I know that I caught lightning in a bottle with Williams (Hell I should have started Lewis too), and when Bell is back he'll be borderline worthless.

Williams is playing the 49ers that a ton of people are down on next week so keep that in mind.

I honestly don't see Matt Jones blowing up this early, maybe he takes a TD away from Morris but I cant see him being the guy everyone rushes to grab after week 1.

Duke on the other hand could be that guy but with the Browns passing being what it is and teams stacking the box and just an overall really talented Jets Defense this might not be his week.

I think you probably need 1 more good week at RB with the group you have and try to grab one of tbose guys or some other suprise after week 2.
Reply/Quote
Garcon, Crabtree, or Brandon Coleman? PPR
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 12:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: until bradford shows he can play a few games healthy hes on my bench...

Hoping he generates some trade value before he ends up on IR

Chip's offensive style isn't going to let Bradford hold on to the ball for more than 3 seconds which should lower his injury chances big time.  Also because of the up tempo style, he will get more opportunities each game than most QB's get during a normal game. So 300+ yards should be the norm for him on a weekly basis with 1-2 TD's sprinkled in. Yes he had a rough first half, but as soon as they went to the up tempo offense, he rocked it.

Wilson is a game manager style QB, he'll throw only to keep the running lanes open for Lynch. That's also not to say that he can't shoulder the load and make plays when he has to, but the offensive style doesn't call for it as much as it does for Bradford. So over the course of the season, I expect Bradford to end up in the top 5, while Wilson rounds out the top 10.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 02:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Chip's offensive style isn't going to let Bradford hold on to the ball for more than 3 seconds which should lower his injury chances big time.  Also because of the up tempo style, he will get more opportunities each game than most QB's get during a normal game. So 300+ yards should be the norm for him on a weekly basis with 1-2 TD's sprinkled in. Yes he had a rough first half, but as soon as they went to the up tempo offense, he rocked it.

Wilson is a game manager style QB, he'll throw only to keep the running lanes open for Lynch. That's also not to say that he can't shoulder the load and make plays when he has to, but the offensive style doesn't call for it as much as it does for Bradford. So over the course of the season, I expect Bradford to end up in the top 5, while Wilson rounds out the top 10.

Bradford came on a bit in that second half but this is why I was in the wait a week camp even with a more favorable match up than Wilson.

Also I'm not sure I agree that Bradford finishes better, even if healthy I think Bradford is more mistake prone than Wilson who while not gonna put up monster games is still one of the most efficient QBs in the league and gets his points just about every game.

Wilson is one of the more consistent QBs around, guy basically puts up 3000+ passing yards, 500+ rushing and 25 total TDs every year.

I know everyone expects more from that Eagles offense and maybe they get it but I'm not 100% sold on Bradford yet, need to see more before I start Bradford over Wilson. I have neither in any league btw so no bias one way or the other.
Reply/Quote
My question: Anyone else lose by 6 or less points while having Jordan Matthews and his uncalled touchdown? LOL

I'm doomed this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 07:04 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My question: Anyone else lose by 6 or less points while having Jordan Matthews and his uncalled touchdown? LOL

I'm doomed this season.

No but I won by 11 because of it.  Wink

Going into the weekend up 39 with my team done and my opponent still playing Bradford, J. Matthews and AP I thought I was done. So I would just like to thank those refs for messing that one up last night, oh and also Norv Turner for deciding AP wasn't needed last night.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 07:04 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My question: Anyone else lose by 6 or less points while having Jordan Matthews and his uncalled touchdown? LOL

I'm doomed this season.
Anybody else score 165.24 points with Danny Woodhead as their best RB, and  a defense that gave me 22 points, and  still manage to lose?  I would have crushed anybody else in my league.  Dude had Kelce, D Hopkins, Julio Jones, and Jeremy Hill explode.

**** fantasy football... Had me rooting against my own RB Jeremy Hill... Stupid ass game...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 10:14 PM)jason Wrote: Anybody else score 165.24 points with Danny Woodhead as their best RB, and  a defense that gave me 22 points, and  still manage to lose?  I would have crushed anybody else in my league.  Dude had Kelce, D Hopkins, Julio Jones, and Jeremy Hill explode.

**** fantasy football...  Had me rooting against my own RB Jeremy Hill...  Stupid ass game...

Honestly man the only reason I can do fantasy at all is because once the Bengals are playing I honestly don't give a shit about it.

A Bengals win with our players killing it is more enjoyable than winning in fantasy 7 days out of 7.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 10:42 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Honestly man the only reason I can do fantasy at all is because once the Bengals are playing I honestly don't give a shit about it.

A Bengals win with our players killing it is more enjoyable than winning in fantasy 7 days out of 7.

This is how I approach it.  I'd like to win each week, but if the Bengals win, I really don't care.  No prize money.....
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 10:42 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Honestly man the only reason I can do fantasy at all is because once the Bengals are playing I honestly don't give a shit about it.

(09-15-2015, 10:54 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This is how I approach it.  I'd like to win each week, but if the Bengals win, I really don't care.  No prize money.....
In all honesty so do I...  I'm playing against Eifert this week, and  starting Woodhead again.  The Bengals come first.  I wasn't even following my team (except for between qtrs.) between 4 and 7 pm.  I just liked it better when Gio was in the game, and Hill was watching.  Gotta keep Hill fresh ya know...  Especially in week 10 again. Ninja

Tannehill @ Jax or Romo @ Philly this week?  I'm leaning toward Romo with Witten as a flex (no Dez), but Jacksonville seems putrid again.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote