Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fantasy Questions Megathread
(09-21-2015, 12:52 PM)jason Wrote: I lost Romo yesterday.  Good thing I was up 80 (you heard me 80 pts) @ the time.  I have Tannehill so the sky isn't falling, but his bye is week 5.  Dalton, Flacco, Alex Smith seem to be the most "reliable" options for that week.  Smith has the best matchup (Chi.).  Dalton has Seattle, and Flacco plays Cleveland.  Who would you take?

Secondly, I like to keep Romo.  Should I risk releasing him for a week or so?  Should I carry 3 QBs?  Or just use whoever for week 5, and hope Tannehill stays healthy?  I'm done with my Deangelo Williams rental (GM of the year for that pick up) so I could cut him  lose, but I was planning to grab Cleveland's D with that spot (Carolina's bye is also week 5).  Tyler Lockett seems to be somebody I could release, and get back if I want him.

I would probably grab Dalton, might actually think about playing him the next 3 weeks considering Tannehill will be playing the Bills, Jets then his Bye. I know Brady destroyed that Bills D but Tannehill is no Brady. 

As for DeAngelo he should be cut loose, yea he played great but unless Bell goes down he should be the guy getting the majority of the carries, considering what DeAngelo did in that offense Bell could put up some monster games. Also don't think Lockett is worth much at this point, might have a big game or two but id expect those 1-6 point games most weeks unless he gets a return TD since the Seahawks WR's really just don't seem to be worth much.

Would you believe I bought into the "Seahawks passing game is meh in fantasy" pretty early and traded my Jimmy Graham for Justin Forsett who I flipped for J. Stew and Cobb who I then flipped for Hill and Cooks. Worth it for Hill imo but Cooks is looking rough so far, trying to flip him and someone else for Mike Evans before he gets all the way healthy. Also picked up Eifert right before the trade.

Also the guy I mentioned above sent me a CJ Anderson for Joseph Randle straight up during the Cowboys game early yesterday, I hit accept 15 seconds after Romo went down. Without Dez or Romo that already below average RB group is gonna have a hard time running with teams stacking the box. Took a chance on CJ bouncing back considering he played so pretty tough fronts the first 2 weeks, think its a safer bet than that Cowboys situation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 04:24 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I would probably grab Dalton, might actually think about playing him the next 3 weeks considering Tannehill will be playing the Bills, Jets then his Bye. I know Brady destroyed that Bills D but Tannehill is no Brady. 

As for DeAngelo he should be cut loose, yea he played great but unless Bell goes down he should be the guy getting the majority of the carries, considering what DeAngelo did in that offense Bell could put up some monster games. Also don't think Lockett is worth much at this point, might have a big game or two but id expect those 1-6 point games most weeks unless he gets a return TD since the Seahawks WR's really just don't seem to be worth much.

Would you believe I bought into the "Seahawks passing game is meh in fantasy" pretty early and traded my Jimmy Graham for Justin Forsett who I flipped for J. Stew and Cobb who I then flipped for Hill and Cooks. Worth it for Hill imo but Cooks is looking rough so far, trying to flip him and someone else for Mike Evans before he gets all the way healthy. Also picked up Eifert right before the trade.

Also the guy I mentioned above sent me a CJ Anderson for Joseph Randle straight up during the Cowboys game early yesterday, I hit accept 15 seconds after Romo went down. Without Dez or Romo that already below average RB group is gonna have a hard time running with teams stacking the box. Took a chance on CJ bouncing back considering he played so pretty tough fronts the first 2 weeks, think its a safer bet than that Cowboys situation.
I know...  The Romo injury pretty much kills Witten as a flex for me. People are overreacting to the CJ Anderson thing. He'll be fine.

I want to pick up Dalton (the only other Bengal I have is Nugent), this place has just killed my confidence in him.  Those are valid points about Tannehill's schedule though.  Alex Smith vs Chicago is very tempting for one week. 

On the bright side, I was  able to pick up Arien Foster on waivers.  I now have a legit RB1. Though once again Woodhead  and Williams brought it.  Dion Lewis killed it on my bench too.  I have scored more points than anybody else in my league with an assortment of misfit RBs.

I'm seriously considering Dion Lewis as my flex this week (if Foster is ready to go). I will start him and Woodhead if not. What say you?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 05:14 PM)jason Wrote: I know...  The Romo injury pretty much kills Witten as a flex for me.  People are overreacting to the CJ Anderson thing.  He'll be fine.

I want to pick up Dalton (the only other Bengal I have is Nugent), this place has just killed my confidence in him.  Those are valid points about Tannehill's schedule though.  Alex Smith vs Chicago is very tempting for one week. 

On the bright side, I was  able to pick up Arien Foster on waivers.  I now have a legit RB1. Though once again Woodhead  and Williams brought it.  Dion Lewis killed it on my bench too.  I have scored more points than anybody else in my league with an assortment of misfit RBs.

I'm seriously considering Dion Lewis as my flex this week (if Foster is ready to go).  I will start him and Woodhead if not.  What say you?

Probably best to go with Alex Smith if you are only concerned about week 5, that CHI match-up is much more appealing than Dalton vs SEA. 

I don't know your other options in the Flex but Dion is a solid option imo, only thing that concerns me is the fact he is a Patriots RB, you just never know he might have 20 touches or he might have 0.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:35 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Probably best to go with Alex Smith if you are only concerned about week 5, that CHI match-up is much more appealing than Dalton vs SEA. 

I don't know your other options in the Flex but Dion is a solid option imo, only thing that concerns me is the fact he is a Patriots RB, you just never know he might have 20 touches or he might have 0.

I'm waiting for the waivers to clear on Wed before I pick anybody up.... I'm last in priority right now.  It looks like Foster is at least another week away...  So I probably have  to start Lewis this week.  Spiller is the only other guy I have right now, and he doesn't look ready.  Amari Cooper (@ CLE) may be my flex.

I have 2 available spots right now.  I need to decide if I should snatch up both Dalton and Alex Smith to get me thru week 5... or...if I should try and pick up Matt Jones, Crowell, or David Johnson and try to catch lightning in a bottle for another week like I did with Williams for two games....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
well i think im replacing both my QBs on one of my teams

Romo and Bradford....

Gonna go get Dalton and Carr
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 03:53 PM)jason Wrote: I'm waiting for the waivers to clear on Wed before I pick anybody up.... I'm last in priority right now.  It looks like Foster is at least another week away...  So I probably have  to start Lewis this week.  Spiller is the only other guy I have right now, and he doesn't look ready.  Amari Cooper (@ CLE) may be my flex.

I have 2 available spots right now.  I need to decide if I should snatch up both Dalton and Alex Smith to get me thru week 5... or...if I should try and pick up Matt Jones, Crowell, or David Johnson and try to catch lightning in a bottle for another week like I did with Williams for two games....

I would grab Crowell, TD dependant but will be playing an Oakland team allowing quite a few TDs a game.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 03:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well i think im replacing both my QBs on one of my teams

Romo and Bradford....

Something tells me to hold onto Romo...  I don't know what he'll be when he gets back, but it will be right around playoff (fantasy) time.  Maybe I'll change my mind as time goes by.  I wonder if I could get away with releasing him them scooping him back up in a few weeks.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This thread has been pretty damn useful.  It's a good way to bounce ideas off of guys who aren't in your league, and can give you objective advice.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 05:17 PM)jason Wrote: Something tells me to hold onto Romo...  I don't know what he'll be when he gets back, but it will be right around playoff (fantasy) time.  Maybe I'll change my mind as time goes by.  I wonder if I could get away with releasing him them scooping him back up in a few weeks.

yeah i cant afford 3 QBs and daltons bye week isnt too far off... so ill drop him and hope hes still out there a few weeks before i need him back
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:52 PM)jason Wrote: I lost Romo yesterday.  Good thing I was up 80 (you heard me 80 pts) @ the time.  I have Tannehill so the sky isn't falling, but his bye is week 5.  Dalton, Flacco, Alex Smith seem to be the most "reliable" options for that week.  Smith has the best matchup (Chi.).  Dalton has Seattle, and Flacco plays Cleveland.  Who would you take?

Secondly, I like to keep Romo.  Should I risk releasing him for a week or so?  Should I carry 3 QBs?  Or just use whoever for week 5, and hope Tannehill stays healthy?  I'm done with my Deangelo Williams rental (GM of the year for that pick up) so I could cut him  lose, but I was planning to grab Cleveland's D with that spot (Carolina's bye is also week 5).  Tyler Lockett seems to be somebody I could release, and get back if I want him.

I'd go with Alex Smith, It's only a matter of time before they get completely clicking.

Why in the heck would you want to pick up Cleveland's Defense? I'd pass on that bye week issue.

I'd wait and see if the owner of the NE Defense cuts them in week 4 (their bye) and snatch them in week 4. Their week 5 Opponent is Dallas.... Bucs defense gets Jags that week also. Another that might be available.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 03:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well i think im replacing both my QBs on one of my teams

Romo and Bradford....

Keep Bradford. Chip and him will get their issues worked out.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 05:18 PM)jason Wrote: This thread has been pretty damn useful.  It's a good way to bounce ideas off of guys who aren't in your league, and can give you objective advice.

Glad a few people have liked it, just hated having nowhere to be able to ask some simple questions on weekly match-ups, drops/adds or like you said just bounce some ideas off people and get some ideas.

Also side note my 2 RB's and Flex this week are L. Bell, J. Hill and CJ Anderson, didn't imagine I would have that group at the start of the season. Crazy to think how many people overreact week to week which allowed me to get CJ for Randle, hopefully CJ and Hill can rebound this week. Lamar Miller is also on my bench after the first 2 weeks, he is just depressing to think about honestly, great skill set and produces when given touches but the Dolphins refuse to use the guy.

Also when do I stop waiting for Cooks to do something at WR before I bench him? With Brees maybe down I can't decide if that helps or hurts Cooks, on one hand Brees is great when he gets going but spreads the ball around quite a bit so will the backup try and force it to the #1 WR or just make things worse?

Thinking of starting Allen Robinson over him this week but tough match-up vs NE. Also could see what that Dolphins D is worth and play Sammy Watkins, after what Robinson did to them last week it may be worth a thought.

So who should get the start this week at WR2? A. Robinson, B. Cooks or S. Watkins?
Reply/Quote
I'd go with Robinson.
They are going to fall behind and he'll get his points in garbage time.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 06:16 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'd go with Robinson.
They are going to fall behind and he'll get his points in garbage time.

Whats your feeling on Watkins this week? Dolphins got destroyed by Robinson and that D even allowed Garcon to get 74 yards on a day Cousins looked pretty awful.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 06:41 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Whats your feeling on Watkins this week? Dolphins got destroyed by Robinson and that D even allowed Garcon to get 74 yards on a day Cousins looked pretty awful.
I drafted Watkins, and have since cut him.  I love the player.  I don't like him in that system.  Seems like Percy is becoming more of a traditional WR, and will take catches away from him.  All he had to do was lay one doughnut in week 1, and I was done with him. I didn't realize the Dolphins' secondary was playing shoddy this year though. Grimes is nasty. Has he looked bad this year?

I like Robinson myself.  You know the Jags are gonna have to be throwing the ball all over the field by the 3rd qtr.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 06:41 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Whats your feeling on Watkins this week? Dolphins got destroyed by Robinson and that D even allowed Garcon to get 74 yards on a day Cousins looked pretty awful.

Watkins?
Never really been a big fan of his, and his QB is ... Tyrod Taylor? When he drops back to pass with that Miami D-Line charging at him, what do you think he's going to do? Pass or run?

Where as Robinson has Bortles throwing to him, and we don't have to worry about Bortles taking off on a run on every passing play. So I like his odds better as a more consistent WR of those 2.

That's just my take, but I always tell people to go with your instincts. And I do the same.
last week for example, Brandon Marshall was supposed to have a bad night because he was being covered by Vontae Davis who's rated as the best cover in the NFL. Started off slow, but then Davis got hurt and Marshall put up some points. Basically, you never know what's going to really happen, but I usually put my faith into the proven Vets and ride a rookie/unproven player while they are hot.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 04:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Watkins?
Never really been a big fan of his, and his QB is ... Tyrod Taylor? When he drops back to pass with that Miami D-Line charging at him, what do you think he's going to do? Pass or run?

Where as Robinson has Bortles throwing to him, and we don't have to worry about Bortles taking off on a run on every passing play. So I like his odds better as a more consistent WR of those 2.

That's just my take, but I always tell people to go with your instincts. And I do the same.
last week for example, Brandon Marshall was supposed to have a bad night because he was being covered by Vontae Davis who's rated as the best cover in the NFL. Started off slow, but then Davis got hurt and Marshall put up some points. Basically, you never know what's going to really happen, but I usually put my faith into the proven Vets and ride a rookie/unproven player while they are hot.

I agree with you, always go with your instincts but the more I have thought about what a few people said in this thread and the fact I have loved Robinson since before the season started I might just go with him. 

I will say though that Dolphins D has struggled pretty mightily this season. 27th in the league vs the rush, 23rd against the pass and tied 28th in sacks with 1. Also throw in the fact they have given up some solid numbers to teams top WR's they have faced this year, we all know about Robinsons huge game last week but even Garcon had 74 yards against them. 

In the end I think you are right though, unless the Bills go down big like they did last week Taylor won't throw as much as he did and honestly I just don't see the Dolphins dominating anyone anytime soon.

Also got a trade offer from someone in my league and thought I'd throw it out and see what you guys think:

Give :

Tom Brady 
Sammy Watkins

Receive : 

Carson Palmer
DeMarco Murray
DeAndre Hopkins
Doug Martin

Current RB's : LeVeon Bell, Jeremy Hill, CJ Anderson, Lamar Miller, Andre Ellington, David Johnson, Ronnie Hillman
Current WR's : Demariyus Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins

Honestly I could use Hopkins at WR but I love Brady this year, I don't like Doug Martin but might be able to pull Todd Gurley in his place since this guy really wants Brady, what do you guys think?
Reply/Quote
Yes, I agree, this is a good thread.  Love having a place to go bounce ideas off of and get "good" (yet to be determined), objective advice.  :)  

This week's question is in regards to my RB's.

Start 3 of the following.

Eddie Lacy (hurt? non existant last week)
Jeremy Hill (fumble issues? Non existant last week)
Dion Lewis  (has been on fire lately!)
David Johnson (see Dion Lewis)
Ameer Abdullah (started off hot, but faded terribly last week)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 05:09 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I agree with you, always go with your instincts but the more I have thought about what a few people said in this thread and the fact I have loved Robinson since before the season started I might just go with him. 

I will say though that Dolphins D has struggled pretty mightily this season. 27th in the league vs the rush, 23rd against the pass and tied 28th in sacks with 1. Also throw in the fact they have given up some solid numbers to teams top WR's they have faced this year, we all know about Robinsons huge game last week but even Garcon had 74 yards against them. 

In the end I think you are right though, unless the Bills go down big like they did last week Taylor won't throw as much as he did and honestly I just don't see the Dolphins dominating anyone anytime soon.

Also got a trade offer from someone in my league and thought I'd throw it out and see what you guys think:

Give :

Tom Brady 
Sammy Watkins

Receive : 

Carson Palmer
DeMarco Murray
DeAndre Hopkins
Doug Martin

Current RB's : LeVeon Bell, Jeremy Hill, CJ Anderson, Lamar Miller, Andre Ellington, David Johnson, Ronnie Hillman
Current WR's : Demariyus Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins

Honestly I could use Hopkins at WR but I love Brady this year, I don't like Doug Martin but might be able to pull Todd Gurley in his place since this guy really wants Brady, what do you guys think?

Hopkins might not play this week (concussion protocols), but for long term he'll be good. Murray having hammy issues now (must've gotten off of the bench too fast when his number was called). Martin is trade bait. And you know my opinion on Watkins.

I think as the season rolls along, Palmer will hang or out score Brady, so that trade is neutral.

I would do it and laugh. Fairly even swap for QB, much better WR, and you give me 2 RB's that I can trade with for someone else.

You're RB's are already good, so I'd look to acquire another WR or TE if you need one of those.

EDIT: FYI I hit a few trade analyzers and they said DO IT before the guy changes his mind! LOL
Edit 2: Get Gurley
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 05:44 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Yes, I agree, this is a good thread.  Love having a place to go bounce ideas off of and get "good" (yet to be determined), objective advice.  :)  

This week's question is in regards to my RB's.

Start 3 of the following.

Eddie Lacy (hurt? non existant last week)
Jeremy Hill (fumble issues? Non existant last week)
Dion Lewis  (has been on fire lately!)
David Johnson (see Dion Lewis)
Ameer Abdullah (started off hot, but faded terribly last week)

My 3:
Hill, Lewis, Johnson

Lacy has a high ankle sprain, and will be in a time share with Starks if he plays (they really shouldn't need him to play this week, so best to let him rest, and it's a Monday game so you'd be screwed if you start him and they don't play him).
Hill will start, and be fine.
Lewis is an all down back. Don't worry too much about Blount, he'll get a few yards, but Lewis is dynamic.
Johnson is being given the starting role this week (he's looked good so far and hasn't even been the starter).
Abdullah is struggling and you don't want to be playing Denver when you're struggling.

Unfortunately, you're going to need to rely on those guys. I'm in the same boat, I have Foster/Gurley so I'm still waiting for them to start and I have Starks and Lewis starting for me with D Johnson/Woodhead on the side.
Reply/Quote