Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fantasy Questions Megathread
(10-26-2015, 06:46 PM)jason Wrote: Ended up going with Amari Cooper.  3 tails in a row on a best of 5 coin flip...  Worked out great.

I think Karlos Williams and Duke Johnson are my best options now.  The thing that sucks is I'm down to Dion Lewis and Woodhead.  Lewis sat this week and plays Thursday.  I gotta get somebody as a "just in case".  I'm sure somebody will drop somebody.  I'm number 2 on priority now.  The guy who's 1 has seemed to quit this week.

I won by damn near 70 points.  My highest total of the year....  Unless his kicker has a hell of a night tonight.

Oh yea good move going with Cooper, SD seems to be a shootout against everyone they play, fewest points they have allowed on D this year has been 20 against the Michael Vick led Steelers so seems like starting offensive guys against SD may be a viable option in the future.

Honestly though Lewis and Woodhead is a solid combination right now, especially in PPR. I probably go Duke if im PPR, guy gets his catches every game so seems like a viable option. 

My league has McFadden, Andre Ellington and Charcandrick West in Free agency. Got any opinions on who you would pick up of the 3? I'm leaning West because he is the only one not in a RBBC and has a solid schedule coming up but would love some input.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 12:29 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Oh yea good move going with Cooper, SD seems to be a shootout against everyone they play, fewest points they have allowed on D this year has been 20 against the Michael Vick led Steelers so seems like starting offensive guys against SD may be a viable option in the future.

Honestly though Lewis and Woodhead is a solid combination right now, especially in PPR. I probably go Duke if im PPR, guy gets his catches every game so seems like a viable option. 

My league has McFadden, Andre Ellington and Charcandrick West in Free agency. Got any opinions on who you would pick up of the 3? I'm leaning West because he is the only one not in a RBBC and has a solid schedule coming up but would love some input.

I'd lean toward West myself...  Ellington hasn't done much, and it seems both Johnsons have stepped up this season.  McFadden looked good the other day too...  Good enough to make me end my Christine Michael experiment (if the guy didn't get more snaps with Randle out, I don't have time to wait).  So McFadden or West...  Again, I'd lean West.

I'm really considering starting Diggs this week as my flex.  He's getting crazy targets, and has produced 3 weeks in a row with a bye mixed in to boot.  He's looking less and less like a fluke.  Amari Cooper plays the Jets, while Diggs plays the Bears...  Hmmm Revis? Or some guy I can't name?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 06:04 PM)jason Wrote: I'd lean toward West myself...  Ellington hasn't done much, and it seems both Johnsons have stepped up this season.  McFadden looked good the other day too...  Good enough to make me end my Christine Michael experiment (if the guy didn't get more snaps with Randle out, I don't have time to wait).  So McFadden or West...  Again, I'd lean West.

I'm really considering starting Diggs this week as my flex.  He's getting crazy targets, and has produced 3 weeks in a row with a bye mixed in to boot.  He's looking less and less like a fluke.  Amari Cooper plays the Jets, while Diggs plays the Bears...  Hmmm Revis? Or some guy I can't name?

Same situation for me, Diggs vs the Bears D just seems to good to pass up. Although If I end up with West or McFadden I may have to think about starting one of them in the flex. 
Reply/Quote
So I got Charcandrick West, Now to decide the flex.

Stefon Diggs @ Chi
Steve Smith vs SD
Charcandrick West vs Det
Jeremy Hill @ Pit

Also Bills are on a bye week so looking for a D/ST for the week and it is looking awful. Anybody got any opinions on who to go with out of the group below? Dolphins are tempting but they are playing the Patriots so that seems like a bad match-up.

[Image: Q6dZh3t.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 12:14 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So I got Charcandrick West, Now to decide the flex.

Stefon Diggs @ Chi
Steve Smith vs SD
Charcandrick West vs Det
Jeremy Hill @ Pit

Also Bills are on a bye week so looking for a D/ST for the week and it is looking awful. Anybody got any opinions on who to go with out of the group below? Dolphins are tempting but they are playing the Patriots so that seems like a bad match-up.

I'd go with Diggs, for Flex, and streamline Dallas Defense (and hope for a lot of sacks).
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 12:14 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So I got Charcandrick West, Now to decide the flex.

Stefon Diggs @ Chi
Steve Smith vs SD
Charcandrick West vs Det
Jeremy Hill @ Pit

I hope you didn't pick up the Dolphins...  Yikes.  Gotta agree with Mike...  Dallas (Seattle's line is garbage)....  Maybe Baltimore?  I used the Giants during a bye.  Wouldn't recommend them. 

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those guys for flex this week.  Judging by the matchups, I think they may all have good to great games.  I'm seriously considering Diggs myself, but I'm afraid Amari Cooper may be turning the corner, and start doing serious damage.  I may give Diggs one more week before I totally trust him, but that Bears matchup looks good.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 09:59 AM)jason Wrote: I hope you didn't pick up the Dolphins...  Yikes.  Gotta agree with Mike...  Dallas (Seattle's line is garbage)....  Maybe Baltimore?  I used the Giants during a bye.  Wouldn't recommend them. 

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those guys for flex this week.  Judging by the matchups, I think they may all have good to great games.  I'm seriously considering Diggs myself, but I'm afraid Amari Cooper may be turning the corner, and start doing serious damage.  I may give Diggs one more week before I totally trust him, but that Bears matchup looks good.

Thank god I decided it was a terrible idea to bet against Brady  LOL , actually already did that this season with the Bills which gave me -2 and I think it was the reason I lost but maybe Hills -1 had something to do with that as well.

I'm down to the Cowboys and the Titans. 17,3,3,9,0,6 so far and honestly I just wanna stay positive and not have a negative from anyone. Btw the 0 is the week I started them over the Bills against us lol. They are also playing Houston and we know that team is a mess. 

Sure it will be a last minute decision and the one I don't choose I am sure will go off.

Also I would probably go Diggs over Cooper this week, one is playing the Bears and the other is playing the Jets. Last time Cooper played a great Defense was a couple weeks ago with the Broncos and scored 4 points.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 03:45 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Thank god I decided it was a terrible idea to bet against Brady  LOL , actually already did that this season with the Bills which gave me -2 and I think it was the reason I lost but maybe Hills -1 had something to do with that as well.

I'm down to the Cowboys and the Titans. 17,3,3,9,0,6 so far and honestly I just wanna stay positive and not have a negative from anyone. Btw the 0 is the week I started them over the Bills against us lol. They are also playing Houston and we know that team is a mess. 

Sure it will be a last minute decision and the one I don't choose I am sure will go off.

Also I would probably go Diggs over Cooper this week, one is playing the Bears and the other is playing the Jets. Last time Cooper played a great Defense was a couple weeks ago with the Broncos and scored 4 points.
True... But I was scared to start him last week vs Verrett and he tore him up.  The only problem is Revis aint Verrett.

I put Dion Lewis in at 8:29 last night (over Duke Johnson).  Glad I did.  I know he would play and play well if I sat him.  Seems healthy.  RB crisis averted barring no future injuries.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 04:51 PM)jason Wrote: True... But I was scared to start him last week vs Verrett and he tore him up.  The only problem is Revis aint Verrett.

I put Dion Lewis in at 8:29 last night (over Duke Johnson).  Glad I did.  I know he would play and play well if I sat him.  Seems healthy.  RB crisis averted barring no future injuries.

You end up starting Cooper? 

I lost Steve Smith and LeVeon Bell today so I got that going for me. 

Won this week so gonna be in the bottom half of the waivers so DeAngelo Williams likely isn't gonna happen so gotta go for Jeremy Langford with Forte being injured. Might give Joique Bell or CJ Anderson another go as well considering both looked solid this week. Need some depth and if the Broncos can get the run game going CJ Anderson could end the season like he did last year. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 04:33 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: You end up starting Cooper? 

I lost Steve Smith and LeVeon Bell today so I got that going for me. 

Won this week so gonna be in the bottom half of the waivers so DeAngelo Williams likely isn't gonna happen so gotta go for Jeremy Langford with Forte being injured. Might give Joique Bell or CJ Anderson another go as well considering both looked solid this week. Need some depth and if the Broncos can get the run game going CJ Anderson could end the season like he did last year. 

I have a claim in on Forte right now. I'm last but I have chance to get him. Guys in my league seem to only worry about the week ahead. They don't usually go after injured guys. I figure he could be a playoff upgrade for me.

No...  I went with Diggs.  I lost Smith too.

I'm in the same waiver boat.  I was 1st and spent it on Denver's D (figured nobody good would be coming free anymore).  I did pick up Desean Jackson.  I had Williams the 1st 2 weeks.  I knew I should have kept him.  My neighbor got him.  He needs all the help he can get.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Who should I start?

Andy Dalton

or 

David Carr

Go!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 01:27 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Who should I start?

Andy Dalton

or 

David Carr

Go!

Andy Dalton all day, don't let one so so game sway you from Dalton. 

We have the Browns coming in that seems like they are missing half the defense to injury right now including 2 very good DBs, I would start Dalton with confidence tonight. If you really do fear Prime time Dalton showing up then go with your gut but I feel like this is a Different Dalton this year that should play well tonight.
Reply/Quote
So made some trades this week to get ready for the last half of the year, traded Forsett who has a tough schedule for TJ Yeldon who is in a lot of favorable match-ups the second half of the year. Also traded Derek Carr and D. Thomas for Lamar Miller, still had Palmer at QB and Hopkins, A. Robinson, Diggs and LaFell so feel good about these trades.

Now my problem this week is the flex. Starting DeMarco Murray and Lamar Miller at RB, Hopkins and Robinson at WR so I have....

Stefon Diggs WR @ OAK
Brandon LaFell @ NYG
Jeremy Hill vs HOU
Charcandrick West @ DEN
Jeremy Langford @ STL
James White @ NYG
TJ Yeldon @ BAL

Diggs and LaFell have some really favorable match-ups so leaning that way but TJ Yeldon is a hard guy to sit just because he is an every down RB that gets the goal line looks. Anybody got some input?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 05:17 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So made some trades this week to get ready for the last half of the year, traded Forsett who has a tough schedule for TJ Yeldon who is in a lot of favorable match-ups the second half of the year. Also traded Derek Carr and D. Thomas for Lamar Miller, still had Palmer at QB and Hopkins, A. Robinson, Diggs and LaFell so feel good about these trades.

Now my problem this week is the flex. Starting DeMarco Murray and Lamar Miller at RB, Hopkins and Robinson at WR so I have....

Stefon Diggs WR @ OAK
Brandon LaFell @ NYG
Jeremy Hill vs HOU
Charcandrick West @ DEN
Jeremy Langford @ STL
James White @ NYG
TJ Yeldon @ BAL

Diggs and LaFell have some really favorable match-ups so leaning that way but TJ Yeldon is a hard guy to sit just because he is an every down RB that gets the goal line looks. Anybody got some input?
I'd go Diggs if its PPR.  Yeldon if it's not. 

Lafell is a possibility, but we know what Diggs is about.  His only problem is the QB situation.

James White is intriguing.  Pats have a history of throwing a no name out & him being successful (I'm actually starting him out of necessity).  But you have better options.

I don't like any of your other guys' matchups very much.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 07:37 PM)jason Wrote: I'd go Diggs if its PPR.  Yeldon if it's not. 

Lafell is a possibility, but we know what Diggs is about.  His only problem is the QB situation.

James White is intriguing.  Pats have a history of throwing a no name out & him being successful (I'm actually starting him out of necessity).  But you have better options.

I don't like any of your other guys' matchups very much.

Not PPR, like I said hard not to play Yeldon but not the best match-up mainly because everyone throws on BAL but I agree with leaning Yeldon. Plus since I just traded for him who doesn't like using the new guy  LOL . So new he won't even be on my team until tomorrow morning.

I mainly just picked up White because I don't wanna miss out like I did with Dion Lewis at the start of the year.

Also can't believe I finally sit the Bills when they score 16, probably end up losing this week because of that.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 09:15 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Not PPR, like I said hard not to play Yeldon but not the best match-up mainly because everyone throws on BAL but I agree with leaning Yeldon. Plus since I just traded for him who doesn't like using the new guy  LOL . So new he won't even be on my team until tomorrow morning.

I mainly just picked up White because I don't wanna miss out like I did with Dion Lewis at the start of the year.

Also can't believe I finally sit the Bills when they score 16, probably end up losing this week because of that.
I had very little option.  I picked up Lewis an hr before the first game of the year.  I couldn't believe how lucky I was when he panned out.  I was down to Lewis and Woodhead after Arian Foster got hurt.  Lewis got hurt, and Woodhead is on a bye.  Picked up Ryan Matthews and White (also this Ajayi guy from Miami)....  I did score Frank Gore off of waivers this morning...  He's on a bye too.  So the James White experiment starts today.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So, Jeremy Langford and Charcandrick West sit on my bench today lol.

Pretty sure I am gonna lose this one since my entire team shit the bed, only reason I have a slight chance is because he was starting Landry at QB.

Maybe Eifert can drop a 40 bomb tomorrow ?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 12:21 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So, Jeremy Langford and Charcandrick West sit on my bench today lol.

Pretty sure I am gonna lose this one since my entire team shit the bed, only reason I have a slight chance is because he was starting Landry at QB.

Maybe Eifert can drop a 40 bomb tomorrow ?

Looks to me like Langford should start every week from here on out.  I had Floyd on my bench while Diggs stunk it up for a second straight week.

I surely would have lost if the guy I was playing hadn't started getting too cute with his roster moves....  Antonio Brown singlehandedly won me the game...  Well, I'm up 46 with Dalton to go...  He has Hopkins and Hill tonight, but he'll need a miracle. 

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote