Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fantasy Questions Megathread
(10-12-2015, 07:32 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Martin has been killing it, I traded him and Lamar Miller a while back for Steve Smith and Forsett. Kinda wish I had held onto both but Forsett getting 20+ a game since the trade so I can't complain too much.

This is the first week in a while that basically all my guys performed and ofc it came against the worst team in the league, I am up 125 to 45 with Bell left to play so lets hope Bell doesnt fumble 40 times and i'll be ok.

Also Hillman is battling a Hamstring so he is for sure dropped, maybe for one of the KC RB's or a Defense to sub in for the Bills as I think they may have a rough time this week against our Offense. Might give CJ Anderson one more week if I don't win a claim on the KC guy's since Cleveland is so bad against the run.
I started the first three weeks really strong, but stunk it up last week, and have been just meh this week.  Injuries directly (Smith) and indirectly (Vick aint no Ben when it comes to getting it to Brown) are starting to kill me at WR.  I probably need to pick a guy up, because at the moment, I'm down to Brown and Hankerson due to bye....  IDK Aiken maybe.

In August I would have never believed that I'd be starting Andy Dalton (and be happy about it). It's made watching Bengal games that much better. Before I picked him up Nugent was the only Bengal that I had... Canned him 2 weeks ago.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:07 PM)jason Wrote: I started the first three weeks really strong, but stunk it up last week, and have been just meh this week.  Injuries directly (Smith) and indirectly (Vick aint no Ben when it comes to getting it to Brown) are starting to kill me at WR.  I probably need to pick a guy up, because at the moment, I'm down to Brown and Hankerson due to bye....  IDK Aiken maybe.

Is Hurns, Rishard Matthews or Ted Gin available? Hurns has been killing it and Ginn seems to be the only option at WR for Cam so he may be worth a fill in spot til your guys heal up. 

That Brady for Palmer, Hopkins, and D. Murray may be what has turned it around for me. Finally have 2 WRs that can get double digit points consistently with Hopkins and DT. Murray I might sell high on this week or if he has another solid game and try to get a more dependable option at RB, maybe buy low somewhere.

Also my buddy had Charles and sent out a trade request after the injury had been announced basically everywhere and got Cobb for Charles at about 11 last night, I guess the guy he traded with missed the news, couldn't believe it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:16 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Is Hurns, Rishard Matthews or Ted Gin available? Hurns has been killing it and Ginn seems to be the only option at WR for Cam so he may be worth a fill in spot til your guys heal up. 

That Brady for Palmer, Hopkins, and D. Murray may be what has turned it around for me. Finally have 2 WRs that can get double digit points consistently with Hopkins and DT. Murray I might sell high on this week or if he has another solid game and try to get a more dependable option at RB, maybe buy low somewhere.

Also my buddy had Charles and sent out a trade request after the injury had been announced basically everywhere and got Cobb for Charles at about 11 last night, I guess the guy he traded with missed the news, couldn't believe it. 
Matthews and Hurns are, but I doubt they will clear waivers. I'm pretty low on the priority.  Snead may not be a bad pick up either.  If Steve Smith can play, it will be a moot point.

The thing with Charles reminds me of my neighbor drafting J Nelson the night he got hurt.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
How does everyone feel about subbing in the Titans D against the Dolphins over the Bills who face us. I just don't see them keeping us out of the endzone a couple times and I can't afford a negative from my D.

Titans vs Dolphins
Lions vs Bears
Jags vs Houston
Browns vs Denver

Those are the options, leaning Titans.

Also might be a good time to add Christine Michael if he isn't rostered in your league.

Another guy is Brandon Lafell, out this week this week but rumored he could be ready for week 7, had almost 1000 yards and 7 TDs last year and that Patriots D is on fire.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 05:13 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: How does everyone feel about subbing in the Titans D against the Dolphins over the Bills who face us. I just don't see them keeping us out of the endzone a couple times and I can't afford a negative from my D.

Titans vs Dolphins
Lions vs Bears
Jags vs Houston
Browns vs Denver

Those are the options, leaning Titans.

Also might be a good time to add Christine Michael if he isn't rostered in your league.

Another guy is Brandon Lafell, out this week this week but rumored he could be ready for week 7, had almost 1000 yards and 7 TDs last year and that Patriots D is on fire.

All for the Titans D.  I hate playing guys who are playing against the Bengals.  I will do it for studs, but a Defense?  Hell no.

There was a ton of fantasy hype around Michael before the season.  I had never heard of him, and I've never seen somebody get dropped so quickly.  But today I've heard they are looking to use him 50/50 with Randle after their bye...

I'll be rolling out Willie Snead (a bye week fill in) on Thursday night.  I hope he can keep up what he's been doing the last few games.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 06:39 PM)jason Wrote: All for the Titans D.  I hate playing guys who are playing against the Bengals.  I will do it for studs, but a Defense?  Hell no.

There was a ton of fantasy hype around Michael before the season.  I had never heard of him, and I've never seen somebody get dropped so quickly.  But today I've heard they are looking to use him 50/50 with Randle after their bye...

I'll be rolling out Willie Snead (a bye week fill in) on Thursday night.  I hope he can keep up what he's been doing the last few games.

Well looks like Karlos Williams is gonna miss another week so I gotta figure out who to start in the Flex once again. 

Allen Robinson WR vs Texans
Jeremy Hill RB @ Bills
Andre Ellington RB @ Steelers
CJ Anderson RB @ Browns
DeMarco Murray vs Giants
Steve Smith WR @ SF

Also Christine Michael is getting a ton of hype right now, I am really considering dropping Karlos Williams for Christine Michael right now. Of course I am gonna wait until I see if he is officially out this week but he was pretty bad against the Giants and this will be his second week out with LeSean McCoy back at practice and seemingly close to coming back so Williams value may have reached its end.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:17 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Well looks like Karlos Williams is gonna miss another week so I gotta figure out who to start in the Flex once again. 

Allen Robinson WR vs Texans
Jeremy Hill RB @ Bills
Andre Ellington RB @ Steelers
CJ Anderson RB @ Browns
DeMarco Murray vs Giants
Steve Smith WR @ SF

Also Christine Michael is getting a ton of hype right now, I am really considering dropping Karlos Williams for Christine Michael right now. Of course I am gonna wait until I see if he is officially out this week but he was pretty bad against the Giants and this will be his second week out with LeSean McCoy back at practice and seemingly close to coming back so Williams value may have reached its end.
That Texans' D is doo doo.  I'd go Robinson again.  I'd like to get Steve Smith in for my flex, but it sounds like he's having trouble coming out of breaks.  If he were totally healthy, I think he torches the 49ers.

I thought about picking up Michael last night.  I have a claim in on Lynch right now.  For weeks I was always worried about my RBs but I'm pretty set there now with Dion Lewis, Foster, and Woodhead.  I probably should take a look at Michael though....  No waivers, no nothing right now.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 07:01 PM)jason Wrote: That Texans' D is doo doo.  I'd go Robinson again.  I'd like to get Steve Smith in for my flex, but it sounds like he's having trouble coming out of breaks.  If he were totally healthy, I think he torches the 49ers.

I thought about picking up Michael last night.  I have a claim in on Lynch right now.  For weeks I was always worried about my RBs but I'm pretty set there now with Dion Lewis, Foster, and Woodhead.  I probably should take a look at Michael though....  No waivers, no nothing right now.

Honestly with Michael he is a great lottery ticket type of guy right now, mainly because we will know after week 7 if he is worth keeping or not because after all this hype and all this talk he comes out and they give him 2-3 carries then we know it was all talk and can drop the guy BUT what if it isn't all talk and he starts carrying the load behind a talented Oline in Dallas? For me I got the space to roster him for 2 weeks.

I was also leaning Allen Robinson but man any RB against that Browns D is tempting even if it is CJ Anderson, this is the last week he is on my roster though unless he scores 10+.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 08:16 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Honestly with Michael he is a great lottery ticket type of guy right now, mainly because we will know after week 7 if he is worth keeping or not because after all this hype and all this talk he comes out and they give him 2-3 carries then we know it was all talk and can drop the guy BUT what if it isn't all talk and he starts carrying the load behind a talented Oline in Dallas? For me I got the space to roster him for 2 weeks.

I was also leaning Allen Robinson but man any RB against that Browns D is tempting even if it is CJ Anderson, this is the last week he is on my roster though unless he scores 10+.

I cancelled my claim on Lynch (wasn't gonna get him anyway), and picked up Michael.

Anderson was packaged with Hillman and Lamar Miller in my league for Robinson.  That guy is so dumb.  He was basically the only non Lion the guy had.  He aint in last for no reason.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Alright...  It's getting ugly.  I've had 3 bad weeks in a row, and lost 2 in a row (3-3).

I picked up Brian Hoyer to fill in for Andy if Big Ben can't go.  My question is...

Should I start Willie Snead over Amari Cooper as my flex this week? (PPR league...  1 point per)

QB Hoyer/ Ben

WR Antonio Brown and Steve Smith

RB  Dion Lewis and Arian Foster

TE  Gronk

Flex  ?

D  Carolina

K  Janikowski

Bench Jason Witten, Christine Michael, Danny Woodhead, Snead, Cooper

It doesn't have to be Cooper or Snead as my flex.  I've just done better with 3 WR so far...  Suggestions?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 08:27 PM)jason Wrote: Alright...  It's getting ugly.  I've had 3 bad weeks in a row, and lost 2 in a row (3-3).

I picked up Brian Hoyer to fill in for Andy if Big Ben can't go.  My question is...

Should I start Willie Snead over Amari Cooper as my flex this week? (PPR league...  1 point per)

QB Hoyer/ Ben

WR Antonio Brown and Steve Smith

RB  Dion Lewis and Arian Foster

TE  Gronk

Flex  ?

D  Carolina

K  Janikowski

Bench Jason Witten, Christine Michael, Danny Woodhead, Snead, Cooper

It doesn't have to be Cooper or Snead as my flex.  I've just done better with 3 WR so far...  Suggestions?

Is this a PPR style for points? If so, Woodhead should be the flex guy (Gordon keeps fumbling, and got benched last week, might start this week off on the bench). If not, Cooper.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:49 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Is this a PPR style for points? If so, Woodhead should be the flex guy (Gordon keeps fumbling, and got benched last week, might start this week off on the bench). If not, Cooper.

Yeah it is.  I've started Woodhead somewhere every week so far.  He' pretty much money for between 12-16 points a week... Sometimes more. 

So you're not sold on Snead vs the Colts' #2 CB?  That guy has been getting torched this year.  I started Snead last week and he wasn't that impressive.  Cooper has basically been my flex or number 2 guy all year.  I'm just leery of his matchup with Verrett. 

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 05:48 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah it is.  I've started Woodhead somewhere every week so far.  He' pretty much money for between 12-16 points a week...  Sometimes more. 

So you're not sold on Snead vs the Colts' #2 CB?  That guy has been getting torched this year.  I started Snead last week and he wasn't that impressive.  Cooper has basically been my flex or number 2 guy all year.  I'm just leery of his matchup with Verrett. 

Snead might be an ok start, but I try my best to stick with the guys that I can count on. However, one thing I've always said about FF is to trust your instincts.
Reply/Quote
Trying to decide on RB2 and Flex again.

DeMarco Murray @ Car
Steve Smith Sr @ Ari
Justin Forsett @ Ari

Go with Murray and Forsett at RB2 and Flex is what I am leaning towards.

Patrick Peterson has shut down teams #1 WR's this year so Steve Smith is a pretty big risk. Forsett on the other hand is playing a really tough run D as well so just a bad week with all the byes.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 06:46 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Trying to decide on RB2 and Flex again.

DeMarco Murray @ Car
Steve Smith Sr @ Ari
Justin Forsett @ Ari

Go with Murray and Forsett at RB2 and Flex is what I am leaning towards.

Patrick Peterson has shut down teams #1 WR's this year so Steve Smith is a pretty big risk. Forsett on the other hand is playing a really tough run D as well so just a bad week with all the byes.
You know I like me some Steve Smith on my fantasy team.  I got a little lax on checking on my team last week, and didn't know he was active.  I sat him, and lost because of it.  He's only had 2 bad games...  Week 1 vs Denver, and the game he left with a broken back.  I'd start him, and not worry so much about the matchup...  Even though I'm guilty of the same thing with Amari Cooper this week, but he's not as consistent as Smith in general.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 11:33 AM)jason Wrote: You know I like me some Steve Smith on my fantasy team.  I got a little lax on checking on my team last week, and didn't know he was active.  I sat him, and lost because of it.  He's only had 2 bad games...  Week 1 vs Denver, and the game he left with a broken back.  I'd start him, and not worry so much about the matchup...  Even though I'm guilty of the same thing with Amari Cooper this week, but he's not as consistent as Smith in general.

For your sake as well as mine I may not start Steve Smith this week, every week I have started he has been terrible and every week I haven't he has gone off.  LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 06:43 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: For your sake as well as mine I may not start Steve Smith this week, every week I have started he has been terrible and every week I haven't he has gone off.  LOL

Sit him then...  Cause I think I'm gonna start him.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Lost Arian Foster yesterday....  I waited 3 weeks for him to be healthy, played him for 3 great weeks, then lost him.  I never even got to play my best line up, because until yesterday Brown has sucked since Foster was healthy...

He did jack shit in the first half, then got me 29.5 points, then gone for the year.  I think I'm screwed.  I don't see anybody making a trade with me (though I do have 4 really good WRs...  Picked up Diggs on Saturday.  Really kicking myself for dropping Freeman before the season.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 05:35 PM)jason Wrote: Lost Arian Foster yesterday....  I waited 3 weeks for him to be healthy, played him for 3 great weeks, then lost him.  I never even got to play my best line up, because until yesterday Brown has sucked since Foster was healthy...

He did jack shit in the first half, then got me 29.5 points, then gone for the year.  I think I'm screwed.  I don't see anybody making a trade with me (though I do have 4 really good WRs...  Picked up Diggs on Saturday.  Really kicking myself for dropping Freeman before the season.

I just grabbed Diggs this week as well, also traded Freeman and a few others for Tom Brady before the season.

Guys in my league dropped McFadden and Charcandrick West before they went off this week so gonna try and grab one of them this week. Who are the RBs on your waiver wire?

Also sit Steve Smith so maybe you can get a huge game from him LOL , luckily I'm only down 2 points with Palmer and Forsett left so unless something goes horribly wrong looks like I can get the win this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 06:23 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I just grabbed Diggs this week as well, also traded Freeman and a few others for Tom Brady before the season.

Guys in my league dropped McFadden and Charcandrick West before they went off this week so gonna try and grab one of them this week. Who are the RBs on your waiver wire?

Also sit Steve Smith so maybe you can get a huge game from him LOL , luckily I'm only down 2 points with Palmer and Forsett left so unless something goes horribly wrong looks like I can get the win this week.

Ended up going with Amari Cooper.  3 tails in a row on a best of 5 coin flip...  Worked out great.

I think Karlos Williams and Duke Johnson are my best options now.  The thing that sucks is I'm down to Dion Lewis and Woodhead.  Lewis sat this week and plays Thursday.  I gotta get somebody as a "just in case".  I'm sure somebody will drop somebody.  I'm number 2 on priority now.  The guy who's 1 has seemed to quit this week.

I won by damn near 70 points.  My highest total of the year....  Unless his kicker has a hell of a night tonight.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote