Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fantasy Questions Megathread
(09-28-2015, 11:24 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Expectation is Coleman was gonna miss a few weeks so if you can grab Freeman or Karlos Williams that would be a solid move. Rumor I've been hearing is McCoy might sit for week 4, Williams has been getting a TD every week already so him with a full workload could be a very good pickup. 

As for CJ Spiller I am kinda biased, never really liked him, been burned too many times by nagging injuries slowing him down or keeping him out. Now if it makes you feel any better Sean Payton came out and said that he was fully healthy and needed more touches so maybe hold on for another week and see if he really means it.

Looking for some input on RB2 and Flex this week so pick 2 from the guys below :

DeMarco Murray RB @ Wsh
Jeremy Hill RB vs KC
CJ Anderson RB vs MIN
Allen Robinson WR @ IND
Steve Smith WR @ PIT
Justin Forsett RB @ PIT
Karlos Williams RB vs NYG - trying to get off waivers this week

I'm leaning towards Karlos Williams if I get him and McCoy is out for one of the spots but unsure of the other.

Flex is a no brainer....  Steve Smith.  He will hog targets for the rest of the year.  I think he lights up Pittsburgh, unless the short week gets to his old ass.  I doubt it will.

Jeremy Hill is due.  Isn't he?  I like Karlos Williams too.  If he's there in the morning, I'm snatching him.  I'm trying to be more patient with my waiver claims.

I read what Sean Payton said too.  The way the WRs are playing, you'd figure Spiller would have a larger role.  He's had something like 5 touches in 2 games ($9,000,000 this year too).  I like to see production before I start him.  I let Dion Lewis sit for 2 wks before starting him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 09:42 PM)jason Wrote: Flex is a no brainer....  Steve Smith.  He will hog targets for the rest of the year.  I think he lights up Pittsburgh, unless the short week gets to his old ass.  I doubt it will.

Jeremy Hill is due.  Isn't he?  I like Karlos Williams too.  If he's there in the morning, I'm snatching him.  I'm trying to be more patient with my waiver claims.

I read what Sean Payton said too.  The way the WRs are playing, you'd figure Spiller would have a larger role.  He's had something like 5 touches in 2 games ($9,000,000 this year too).  I like to see production before I start him.  I let Dion Lewis sit for 2 wks before starting him.

Yea I was leaning Steve Smith in the flex, can't make it through another week of Anderson or Hill giving me 1-2 points or less. IF I get Karlos Williams and McCoy is out then he is the easy choice at RB2. Although even if McCoy isn't out I'm gonna have to at least consider it because at least he can give me something, so sick of losing games by 5 or less because Anderson and Hill are killing me. I hate to say it but Hill is on the bench until he has at least a solid week I gotta take those homer glasses off this week and stop saying this is the week lol.

Also I'm with you on Spiller, worth a bench spot for a week or two more but wouldn't be starting him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm getting really sick of this...  Once again I'm trying to patch together 2 RBs for 4th week in a row.

Looks like Foster is not ready, or if he is, the decision will be made after pregame warm ups.  I'd say that's pretty risky for me.

I have Danny Woodhead healthy (and not on a bye), and CJ Spiller on my team.  I also picked up Matt Jones for 3rd time this season.  I'm starting Woodhead vs Cle. for certain.

That leaves me with a decision.  Spiller? Matt Jones?...  Alfred Blue is available.  I'd have to put a waiver claim on David Johnson (could give up Jones).

Anybody think Deangelo Williams may see some more touches with Ben out?

I'm not going to panic.  I have scored more points than anybody in the league, and I'm playing the worst team (literally almost the entire Detroit Lions team).  He has trouble scoring 100 points. 

On the bright side I put a claim on Big Ben this morning, basically swapping him for Romo.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 06:16 PM)jason Wrote: I'm getting really sick of this...  Once again I'm trying to patch together 2 RBs for 4th week in a row.

Looks like Foster is not ready, or if he is, the decision will be made after pregame warm ups.  I'd say that's pretty risky for me.

I have Danny Woodhead healthy (and not on a bye), and CJ Spiller on my team.  I also picked up Matt Jones for 3rd time this season.  I'm starting Woodhead vs Cle. for certain.

That leaves me with a decision.  Spiller? Matt Jones?...  Alfred Blue is available.  I'd have to put a waiver claim on David Johnson (could give up Jones).

I'm not going to panic.  I have scored more points than anybody in the league, and I'm playing the worst team (literally almost the entire Detroit Lions team).  He has trouble scoring 100 points. 

On the bright side I put a claim on Big Ben this morning, basically swapping him for Romo.

Didn't you say you had a shot at Karlos Williams? If your RB's are that bad Karlos should have been the top priority imo.

I doubt DeAngelo gets much of anything this week or most of the season if Bell is healthy. Got 0 last week with Bell back.

I think Blue is a solid option, look at what Randle did vs the Falcons last week, that Defense should provide plenty of opportunity if Foster isn't back. Hopefully for you Foster can get back in time though.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 06:16 PM)jason Wrote: I'm getting really sick of this...  Once again I'm trying to patch together 2 RBs for 4th week in a row.

Deangelo's season is pretty much done. Unless Bell gets hurt.
Personally, I think Foster is a go this week. The coaches are the ones saying blah blah while the beat writer is saying that Foster looked good all week in practice. He was practicing and "almost" played last week, but they wanted to give it another week. So I feel that he's in this week. I'd sit tight and roll with Matt Jones IF Foster is a last minute scratch.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 05:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Deangelo's season is pretty much done. Unless Bell gets hurt.
Personally, I think Foster is a go this week. The coaches are the ones saying blah blah while the beat writer is saying that Foster looked good all week in practice. He was practicing and "almost" played last week, but they wanted to give it another week. So I feel that he's in this week. I'd sit tight and roll with Matt Jones IF Foster is a last minute scratch.

In all honesty...  If AB and Steve Smith have big games tonight, and Amari Cooper and Woodhead do what they should vs Chicago & Cleveland...  I can probably win with 1 RB.  I'm playing some Lions fan who is starting their entire offense vs Seattle @ home.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 06:23 PM)jason Wrote: In all honesty...  If AB and Steve Smith have big games tonight, and Amari Cooper and Woodhead do what they should vs Chicago & Cleveland...  I can probably win with 1 RB.  I'm playing some Lions fan who is starting their entire offense vs Seattle @ home.

Steve Smith might just hurt us tonight lol.

I probably should have gone Forsett.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 11:20 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Steve Smith might just hurt us tonight lol.

I probably should have gone Forsett.

Tell me about it...  AB stunk it up for me too.  I now have a legit chance to lose to the worst team in our league.  I need a big game from Andy and Amari.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 06:00 PM)jason Wrote: Tell me about it...  AB stunk it up for me too.  I now have a legit chance to lose to the worst team in our league.  I need a big game from Andy and Amari.

Bad thing is I was down to Murray, Forsett and Smith yesterday and last minute decided Steve Smith should get plenty of targets.  LOL

Forsett and Bell to start the week off would have been killer. Oh well got 20 from Bell and 2 from Smith so I think I still beat the combined projected score they had.
Reply/Quote
Here's my team (from a 14-team league)
Dalton
A. Brown
K. Allen
Doug Martin
Matt Jones
Eifert
Edelman
Catanzaro
Atlanta defense

My bench is: Lamar miller, cj anderson, Amari cooper, tannehill, Zach Ertz, carolina d, and one empty slot

I was offered Emmanuel sanders and Melvin Gordon for Julian Edelman and Doug Martin
Should I take it? Should I counter?

Also, KC defense is a free agent. Should I use them instead of atl?
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."
Formerly known as NASBengalfan
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:30 PM)inkblot Wrote: Here's my team (from a 14-team league)
Dalton
A. Brown
K. Allen
Doug Martin
Matt Jones
Eifert
Edelman
Catanzaro
Atlanta defense

My bench is: Lamar miller, cj anderson, Amari cooper, tannehill, Zach Ertz, carolina d, and one empty slot

I was offered Emmanuel sanders and Melvin Gordon for Julian Edelman and Doug Martin

Is it standard or PPR? 

Targets : 

Julian Eldelman - 42 Targets in 3 Games.
Emmanuel Sanders - 41 in 4 Games.

Receptions/Yards/TD :

Julian Edelman - 30 Receptions for 279 Yards. 2 TD.
Emmanuel Sanders - 25 Receptions for 301 Yards. 2 TD.

I think both of the RBs involved in the trade are Flex at best.

For me it comes down to which QB do you trust more? Brady or Manning? For me that is easily Brady with Eldelman seemingly being his top targets so far this year, 13 more targets than Gronk while Sanders is the #2 with 9 less targets than D. Thomas.

If it's me I probably stay with what I have whether its PPR or Standard. 

Also I see you got Miller, wish I wouldn't have traded him 2 weeks ago now that the coaching staff has changed up. He had a solid YPC but the Dolphins just refused to run the ball so maybe they finally start using the guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:30 PM)inkblot Wrote: Here's my team (from a 14-team league)
Dalton
A. Brown
K. Allen
Doug Martin
Matt Jones
Eifert
Edelman
Catanzaro
Atlanta defense

Don't make that trade...  I don't see it drastically improving your situation, so why mess with it?  I personally like Edelman more than Sanders, and I think the RBs are a wash.  If anything, Danny Woodhead takes away TD potential for Gordon b/c he seems to come in every time the Chargers are in the red zone.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So my starting lineup for this week :

QB : Palmer
RB1 : L. Bell
RB2 : Karlos Williams
WR1 : D. Thomas
WR2 : DeAndre Hopkins
TE : Eifert
Flex : J. Forsett
D/ST : Bills
K : Gostkowski

That is what I plan to go in with this week but Karlos Williams hasn't practiced yet with a concussion so it seems likely that I will have to move another player into that spot. I can move Forsett up and do a flex so I will list all options :

Allen Robinson WR @ TB
Jeremy Hill RB vs Sea
Andre Ellington RB @ Det
CJ Anderson RB @ Oak
DeMarco Murray RB vs NO
Ronnie Hillman RB @ Oak
Reply/Quote
Is it crazy talk to consider starting Hankerson (WR 2) over Amari Cooper this week?  I'm not loving Cooper vs Denver.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 04:00 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So my starting lineup for this week :

That is what I plan to go in with this week but Karlos Williams hasn't practiced yet with a concussion so it seems likely that I will have to move another player into that spot. I can move Forsett up and do a flex so I will list all options :

Allen Robinson WR @ TB
Jeremy Hill RB vs Sea
Andre Ellington RB @ Det
CJ Anderson RB @ Oak
DeMarco Murray RB vs NO
Ronnie Hillman RB @ Oak
I like Forsett vs Cleveland.  Baltimore is desperate, and will come out swinging.  Smith will probably be out.  I see a big day for Forsett and Williams.  Cleveland's D is fairly lackluster against the run to boot.

How can you not like Robinson vs TB?  Jeremy Hill has been a minor letdown for us this year (so far), but that dude is  finding the end zone.  I'd narrow it down between those 2 for your flex.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 07:13 PM)jason Wrote: Is it crazy talk to consider starting Hankerson (WR 2) over Amari Cooper this week?  I'm not loving Cooper vs Denver.

Probably not but just to throw it out, Denver has been giving up more and more every week vs WR's. 3 and 5 against 2 teams with very little at WR in the Ravens and Chiefs. Last 2 weeks gave up 13 and 29 to the Lions and Vikings. I wouldn't be shocked if Cooper has a solid day but Hankerson has a very favorable match-up and although he has been inconsistent he has a shot to have a big day. 

Hankerson has the more favorable match-up for sure and seems to be the #2 in an offense that loves to throw the ball so I wouldn't consider it crazy talk but it is a risk since he has been inconsistent so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 04:00 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So my starting lineup for this week :

Allen Robinson WR @ TB
Jeremy Hill RB vs Sea
Andre Ellington RB @ Det
CJ Anderson RB @ Oak
DeMarco Murray RB vs NO
Ronnie Hillman RB @ Oak

your new flex guy better be this guy: Allen Robinson WR @ TB

(10-08-2015, 07:13 PM)jason Wrote: Is it crazy talk to consider starting Hankerson (WR 2) over Amari Cooper this week?  I'm not loving Cooper vs Denver.

Not crazy, LH has been doing good, but I'd still stick with Cooper. LH's production is more dependent on Julio's opportunities or lack of, while Cooper has very little competition.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 10:56 PM)jason Wrote: I like Forsett vs Cleveland.  Baltimore is desperate, and will come out swinging.  Smith will probably be out.  I see a big day for Forsett and Williams.  Cleveland's D is fairly lackluster against the run to boot.

How can you not like Robinson vs TB?  Jeremy Hill has been a minor letdown for us this year (so far), but that dude is  finding the end zone.  I'd narrow it down between those 2 for your flex.

(10-09-2015, 03:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: your new flex guy better be this guy: Allen Robinson WR @ TB

Not crazy, LH has been doing good, but I'd still stick with Cooper. LH's production is more dependent on Julio's opportunities or lack of, while Cooper has very little competition.

I am so glad you guys talked me into Robinson, I was so scared to bench Hill and see him get 3 TDs again but you guys talked some sense into me.  LOL 

Of course this is the week I play the worst team in my league and I score 118 with Palmer, D. Thomas, Gostkowski still playing and Bell this Monday. 

Also I think I might be done with CJ Anderson and Ronnie Hillman, might drop both this week and try to get Charcandrick West with Charles going down. Also had some idiot drop Lynch this week and has 4 bench spots empty, honestly no idea what he is doing. Gonna put in a claim but it won't happen.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 07:13 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I am so glad you guys talked me into Robinson, I was so scared to bench Hill and see him get 3 TDs again but you guys talked some sense into me.  LOL 

Of course this is the week I play the worst team in my league and I score 118 with Palmer, D. Thomas, Gostkowski still playing and Bell this Monday. 

Also I think I might be done with CJ Anderson and Ronnie Hillman, might drop both this week and try to get Charcandrick West with Charles going down. Also had some idiot drop Lynch this week and has 4 bench spots empty, honestly no idea what he is doing. Gonna put in a claim but it won't happen.
You've given those Denver boys enough time...

I had a nail biter with the worst team in my league last week.  He had 5 Lions going on Monday night, but I was just far enough ahead to win still.

Tonight, I'm down 55 with Antonio Brown and Woodhead playing...  It's doable in my league, but it will be rough.  I'm used to being ahead, and trying to hold on MNF...  I'd be totally out of it if Charles didn't go down.  He played Doug Martin for the 1st  time this year, and he killed me....  I hate that.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 07:22 PM)jason Wrote: You've given those Denver boys enough time...

I had a nail biter with the worst team in my league last week.  He had 5 Lions going on Monday night, but I was just far enough ahead to win still.

Tonight, I'm down 55 with Antonio Brown and Woodhead playing...  It's doable in my league, but it will be rough.  I'm used to being ahead, and trying to hold on MNF...  I'd be totally out of it if Charles didn't go down.  He played Doug Martin for the 1st  time this year, and he killed me....  I hate that.

Martin has been killing it, I traded him and Lamar Miller a while back for Steve Smith and Forsett. Kinda wish I had held onto both but Forsett getting 20+ a game since the trade so I can't complain too much.

This is the first week in a while that basically all my guys performed and ofc it came against the worst team in the league, I am up 125 to 45 with Bell left to play so lets hope Bell doesnt fumble 40 times and i'll be ok.

Also Hillman is battling a Hamstring so he is for sure dropped, maybe for one of the KC RB's or a Defense to sub in for the Bills as I think they may have a rough time this week against our Offense. Might give CJ Anderson one more week if I don't win a claim on the KC guy's since Cleveland is so bad against the run.
Reply/Quote