Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron (/Thread-Bengals-request-interviews-with-Josh-McDaniels-Zac-Taylor-Shane-Waldron)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - BonnieBengal - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 08:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's all fluid and highly debatable. Sure the Packers have the banners, but over the last 10 years, I'm not seeing much gap between the Cards and Pack. You could also say that the Packers have an unenviable situation as far as high expectations and a wounded Aaron Rodgers...who didn't get along with the last HC (also a problem).

I get what you are saying, but you seem to be glossing over what I'm saying, which is that these guys will have options..regardless of how you personally view them as candidates. 

Tebow was McDaniel's guy from everything I've read. He pushed Cutler out and wheeled and dealed for Tebow.

This is one: http://www.espn.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/12461/mcdaniels-legacy-is-tebow

Tebow won a playoff game for Denver and was never really given a chance to prove himself . 

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Bengalholic - 12-31-2018

Looks like the Broncos have also requested an interview with Taylor. He's gonna be a busy guy.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Au165 - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 08:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Looks like the Broncos have also requested an interview with Taylor. He's gonna be a busy guy.

Thats actually an issue, these guys will get a day or two on the backside of the week to interview most likely but if the Rams keep winning he may be sidelined for weeks if we aren’t in a first pass. With us wanting to interview two, I’d love to see us go to them and interview both in LA to show intative and serious interest.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - jj22 - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 07:54 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Love Zac Taylor idea. Here is a quote from McVay in case no one has posted it.

McVay is effusive in his praise of Taylor. “He’s instrumental in our third-down game-planning. And he doesn’t just agree with everything, he challenges you but in a way that’s very welcoming. Sometimes in the NFL disagreements can be uncomfortable in a staff meeting, but not here. There’s a refreshing security that Zac has in himself. He has great emotional intelligence and awareness for how to communicate in a way that makes peoples’ guards go down. That’s a great trait for a coach to have.” https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/06/zac-taylor-rams-press-taylor-eagles-head-coaches

Zac for HC and Press for OC.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 08:40 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Tebow won a playoff game for Denver and was never really given a chance to prove himself . 

Yes he did, he just wasn't the best passer, tons of heart though. Tebow is a good man.

(12-31-2018, 08:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Looks like the Broncos have also requested an interview with Taylor. He's gonna be a busy guy.

I think our team overall has more talent. Hope Taylor is our guy even if i was saying we shouldn't hurry this hire.

I like him better than McDaniels for sure after what he did with the Colts.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - BonnieBengal - 12-31-2018

I don't think anyone would pick us over the Broncos. 

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - TheUberHuber - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 08:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think anyone would pick us over the Broncos. 

Someone who wants a job for 16 years would..

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Atomic Orange - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 08:38 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm surprised.  I thought they'd go straight to Hue.

Mike really can't be that stupid, can he?

Talk about Hells Bells and the fog of Death that would sweep over PBS

It would be a tomb

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - McC - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 08:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think anyone would pick us over the Broncos. 

I don't know.  Elway is awful and they have no QB and they have to go up against Mahomes for the next ten years.

(12-31-2018, 08:51 PM)McC Wrote: I don't know.  Elway is awful and they have no QB and they have to go up against Mahomes for the next ten years.

But Mike Brown.  

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Go Cards - 12-31-2018

Just happy they have not given the job to Hue yet.

(12-31-2018, 08:49 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Someone who wants a job for 16 years would..

Great Point!

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Nicomo Cosca - 12-31-2018

Why? Denver doesn’t have a QB.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - McC - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 08:57 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: But Mike Brown.  

But John Elway.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 08:57 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just happy they have not given the job to Hue yet.

They won't brother, Sunset set me straight on this one earlier with his common sense.

Hue is Marv's buddy and Hue left to coach the Stains, this doesn't sound like the guy Mikey wants around.

Think it is much sunnier than some of us predicted honestly. Zac Taylor i think would be a great hire.

(12-31-2018, 08:51 PM)McC Wrote: I don't know.  Elway is awful and they have no QB and they have to go up against Mahomes for the next ten years.

Yeah it is like Elway doesn't want another QB to be as good as him or something.

Don't understand what he is doing over there, Keenum isn't bad but he also isn't as good as Dalton.

And we got AJ Green, Joe Mixon and Tyler Boyd.

(12-31-2018, 09:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They won't brother, Sunset set me straight on this one earlier with his common sense.

Hue is Marv's buddy and Hue left to coach the Stains, this doesn't sound like the guy Mikey wants around.

Think it is much sunnier than some of us predicted honestly. Zac Taylor i think would be a great hire.

Sunset changed my mind too.  Hue didn't just go to a division rival. He went to Cleveland.  We all know how Paul Brown felt about Cleveland.  Mike for all his faults has always been loyal to his Dad.

(12-31-2018, 09:24 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Sunset changed my mind too.  Hue didn't just go to a division rival. He went to Cleveland.  We all know how Paul Brown felt about Cleveland.  Mike for all his faults has always been loyal to his Dad.

Agreed, Mikey won't hire Hue as the new HC thank goodness. Great day. :andy:

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - jason - 12-31-2018

I want no part of Josh McDaniels... Dude's a scumbag.

(12-31-2018, 09:35 PM)jason Wrote: I want no part of Josh McDaniels... Dude's a scumbag.

What makes him a scumbag?  I'm not disagreeing with you.  I just don't know what makes him a scumbag.