Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Covington High School Issue - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Covington High School Issue (/Thread-Covington-High-School-Issue)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Covington High School Issue - bfine32 - 01-23-2019

(01-23-2019, 10:24 PM)treee Wrote: 1. Maybe. 

2. Okay, well I never said there was a threat either.

3. I agree that it was not the responsibility of the children to teach themselves and get themselves home safely.

4. I don't think they were victims to anything you listed. If they're victims to anything, it's bad journalism.

Fair enough and the tit for tat is taking away from the issue. 

RE: Covington High School Issue - THE Bigzoman - 01-23-2019

I see people are still reaching to Mr. Fantastic levels to find something to fault the kids for.

RE: Covington High School Issue - treee - 01-23-2019

(01-23-2019, 10:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fair enough and the tit for tat is taking away from the issue. 

Pretty much everyone in PnR from both sides have agreed that this was a failure on the part of many news organizations. One might even call it an actual piece of fake news.

(01-23-2019, 10:12 PM)treee Wrote: That's an interesting take. I wouldn't call booing at people 'responding with love', but to each their own I guess. 

I never fabricated that they were in danger.

And what is the onus in this circumstance?

They were just being juvenile, there's no argument there. 'Victim' is laying it on a bit thick though.

Doxxing, threats the the school, and suspicious packages are victim-less crimes now?

RE: Covington High School Issue - Nately120 - 01-23-2019

(01-23-2019, 10:29 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I see people are still reaching to Mr. Fantastic levels to find some faults of the kids.

I just see a bunch of ugly Americans who yearn for constant in-fighting and division.  Sad.

RE: Covington High School Issue - treee - 01-23-2019

(01-23-2019, 10:30 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Doxxing, threats the the school, and suspicious packages are victim-less crimes now?

That'd be an extension of being 'victims of bad journalism', which I posted just a few posts above mine. I've always held that people who have a public platform have a greater responsibility. I said it when bombs were getting mailed to CNN, and I'll stand behind it now.

(01-23-2019, 12:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: Poor, innocent, children who never did anything wrong themselves...even that very day.   Mellow

I still wish that at SOME point during ANY of the videos a chaperone would have stopped the kids from engaging with the other protestors...but hey...boys will be boys, eh?

But please, let's have a couple more threads about how one side is much worse than the other.

While we're having the discussion though:

https://www.newsweek.com/twitter-suspends-account-published-viral-native-american-and-covington-maga-1299539

U.S.

You guys can go back to enjoying each others company...I'm sure the conversation will be really interesting!  ThumbsUp

From the person who first posted about the "it's not rape if you enjoy it"

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1087733862283776003

Don't know if this boy attends Covington but I don't need him to for it to be representative of:
1. the MAGA hat culture
2. what was going on that day
3. the toxic male mob mentality of Covington
3. the hypocrisy of the "life" protest
4. what women and girls deal with daily
NEXT.

Reach higher dude. You might grab something.

(01-23-2019, 10:32 PM)treee Wrote: That'd be an extension of being 'victims of bad journalism', which I posted just a few posts above mine. I've always held that people who have a public platform have a greater responsibility. I said it when bombs were getting mailed to CNN, and I'll stand behind it now.

Understood.

RE: Covington High School Issue - BFritz21 - 01-23-2019

(01-23-2019, 07:53 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: No wonder Mike Mitchell had to leave.
But there was a black kid there that was a CCH student that the Israelites were yelling at and telling him that the white people were going to do all kinds of things to him.  Why wasn't he "forced out like Mike Mitchell was"?  Because Mike Mitchell is a punk that left on his own.

Thanks for your input.
(01-23-2019, 08:48 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You are wrong about the chaperones. They failed at their job. 

I've been chaperoning large groups of teens for the last 5 years, and given the spacing of my kids, will be doing so for the biggest part of the next decade. You have to do more than just tell them to stop. You have to remove them from the situation. They could have been taken safely out of earshot of the trouble and still been in an acceptable place to catch their bus. 

That being said, this does not make the Sandmann kid guilty of anything. He did nothing wrong and should apologize to no one. 
They had an entire group to chaperone!  As long as they were keeping the group together (which, moving them all,  like you and some are suggesting, could have cause separation and a problem), then they were doing their jobs.
(01-23-2019, 09:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: They were yelling at the Hebrews.  Any responsible adult would have stopped them just in case it escalated.

That it didn't is wonderful.

That's not what chaperones are supposed to do.
They were not yelling at the Hebrews other than the school spirit chant:

"We got spirit, yes we do, we got spirit, how bout you?"  

What a hate-filled chant!  Expel every kid for that!

What a joke.
(01-23-2019, 09:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Feel free to watch.

Yes...it would have.  That you want to make protecting the children from the group racist saysa an awful lot.

Not that hard to understand unless someone wants to be deliberately bullheaded.
Israelites called the black kid with the students the n word, but the students didn't respond angrily, but they're the aggressors?!

Keep fishing because this is entertaining.
(01-23-2019, 10:33 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: From the person who first posted about the "it's not rape if you enjoy it"

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1087733862283776003

Don't know if this boy attends Covington but I don't need him to for it to be representative of:
1. the MAGA hat culture
2. what was going on that day
3. the toxic male mob mentality of Covington
3. the hypocrisy of the "life" protest
4. what women and girls deal with daily
NEXT.

Reach higher dude. You might grab something.

1.  He didn't have on a MAGA hat on.

2.  Teenagers waiting for their bus and being harassed.

3.  "Mob mentality"?!  They were waiting on their bus and then defending themselves against insults!  You can't walk up to a group of kids waiting together and say "oh, this is a mob ready to cause trouble!"

3.  What hypocrisy?

4.  Agree, but not typically from CovCath students.

(Not directed at you because I realize that that's what the person on Twitter posted.)

RE: Covington High School Issue - michaelsean - 01-24-2019

(01-23-2019, 02:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: Ironic._My_stupid_attempt_at_a_new_meme....552920.jpg]

Well like they say, once you experience it, maybe you then become more aware of it.  It's been going on all around you here for years.

RE: Covington High School Issue - Millhouse - 01-24-2019

I said in the other thread not long after the incident happened they are getting what they deserved.

I admit to take that back as I like almost everyone else fell victim to a social media frenzy before the entire story was revealed.

RE: Covington High School Issue - bfine32 - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 01:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I said in the other thread not long after the incident happened they are getting what they deserved.

I admit to take that back as I like almost everyone else fell victim to a social media frenzy before the entire story was revealed.

Very refreshing. 

RE: Covington High School Issue - BFritz21 - 01-24-2019

(01-23-2019, 10:29 PM)treee Wrote: Pretty much everyone in PnR from both sides have agreed that this was a failure on the part of many news organizations. One might even call it an actual piece of fake news.

I'm pretty sure that at least the family of the child who was standing there will get a lot of money for this.

RE: Covington High School Issue - treee - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 06:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm pretty sure that at least the family of the child who was standing there will get a lot of money for this.

I doubt that.

RE: Covington High School Issue - fredtoast - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 06:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm pretty sure that at least the family of the child who was standing there will get a lot of money for this.

No he won't.

Here is my last comment on this.

The boys were not "doing nothing". Mocking his chant and doing the tomahawk chop are rude and insulting actions. It would be like a lot of kids around a Catholic priest making the sign of the cross and then grabbing their crotch or doing a mocking sing-song "Hail Mary full of grace" chant.

It wasn't violent. It wasn't threatening. But it was highly improper. And this is a great example of the "white privilege" we all talk about. Here in America everyone knows the actions I described would be considered crude and offensive, but these kids had no idea they were mocking this guys religious beliefs. Or at least I hope they did not know and still do it.

RE: Covington High School Issue - Beaker - 01-24-2019

This whole thing had nothing to do with any kind of privilege.

The black guys were hurling insulting the white kids...the white kids were acting disrespectful to the native american....the native american was being disrespectful by banging his drum in the kids face.

The only thing going on here was a whole bunch of people being foolish, which should neither be news, nor newsworthy at the levels things were occurring. Once again.....media manufactured drama.

(01-24-2019, 08:26 PM)Beaker Wrote: This whole thing had nothing to do with any kind of privilege.

.the white kids were acting disrespectful to the native american

If you agree that the kids were acting disrespectful to the native American then you have to agree they have a privilege because a major portion of the country (and members here) see absolutely nothing wrong with what they were doing.

It is a privilege to get away with that sort of behavior just because so many people in this country understand the Christian religion of the majority but know nothing about the religions of minorities.

RE: Covington High School Issue - GMDino - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 08:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you agree that the kids were acting disrespectful to the native American then you have to agree they have a privilege because a major portion of the country (and members here) see absolutely nothing wrong with what they were doing.

It is a privilege to get away with that sort of behavior just because so many people in this country understand the Christian religion of the majority but know nothing about the religions of minorities.

It's weird that when someone like Trayvon Martin gets killed he "looked like a thug" because he had a hoodie on.  When this kid stands there smiling (weirdly) he's just misunderstood and trying to keep the peace.

When a black man is killed by a white police officer who is in the wrong apartment we have to search his apartment and tell everyone we found weed.  When someone suggest these kids weren't exactly angels on the rest of the time in DC it is out of bounds as "they did nothing wrong".

Oh and we have to talk about Philips maybe not describing what he is a veteran of exactly right...because...uh...

That's the only thing I see coming out of this.  

Because if there was no video this was nothing.

RE: Covington High School Issue - bfine32 - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 08:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you agree that the kids were acting disrespectful to the native American then you have to agree they have a privilege because a major portion of the country (and members here) see absolutely nothing wrong with what they were doing.

Actually you're doing it wrong with your last reply.

WTS, anyone can clearly see that I said the kids in the MAGA hats doing the tomahawk cop were being disrespectful; I was actually the first one to bring in up it the now closed thread.

I simply asserted the kid that did nothing other than smile and stand still was not disrespectful and did nothing wrong. But there were those asserting he was disrespectful and smiling in a "creepy,weird, ect..." fashion and 1/2 the country (and this board) was vilifying him, before they had a clue as to what was actually going on. Must have been because of his white privilege.