Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump (/Thread-Whistle-Blower%E2%80%99s-Complaint-Is-Said-to-Involve-Multiple-Acts-by-Trump)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - GMDino - 09-24-2019

I was at a meeting tonight and I'm just catching up.

Trump has lost his mind already about it.

I heard Tucker Carlson on Sirius/XM have a "legal expert" (who is on the Trump 2020 campaign staff) and another that said Pelosi's dentures were falling out.  Both, SURPRISINGLY, said this is all nothing and just because the Democrats lost in 2016 and hate Trump.

My personal opinion remains unchanged:  DJT thinks he's smarter than he is, doesn't care what is legal or what the norms are and thought he could just do whatever.  Had he been even close to a sane/normal human being he wouldn't have fought tooth and nail to prevent the whistleblower report and, if the call is really 100% innocent at "perfect" he would have been done with it.  But he's a "fighter" so he has to push back and each and every perceived slight.  There is absolutely nothing different about that since he first entered the public eye.

Now we'll see where it goes from here.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-24-2019

(09-24-2019, 09:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Fortunately for him, he gets to set the guidelines of any Senate trial. He can put very strict limits on what evidence can be introduced, essentially gaming it for Trump if he chooses to. His conduct suggests he will absolutely put party over country.

This is one of the reasons why Pelosi has been hesitant. She must feel like there's enough here to make 19 Republicans agree that bribing other countries to help your campaign is something that needs to be stopped for the good of this country. 

I think it's more likely that the recent allegations have backed her into a corner with her own caucus.  We shall see.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - bfine32 - 09-24-2019

(09-24-2019, 08:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In all sincerity, even withholding the whistleblower's report from Congress is impeachable as it is a violation of the law in itself, and an act of obstruction of Congress as it interferes with their constitutional role of oversight.
Without debating if this is a true whistleblower (it appears he/she may have a political bias and info may be nothing more than hearsay) situation it does appear Trump is going to turn over the report:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/white-house-preparing-to-release-whistleblower-complaint-report-says.html

Quote:The White House is preparing to release a whistleblower complaint about U.S. President Donald Trump’s call with Ukraine’s leader by the end of the week, Politico reported on Tuesday, citing a senior administration official.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - bfine32 - 09-24-2019

(09-24-2019, 09:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think it's more likely that the recent allegations have backed her into a corner with her own caucus.  We shall see.

I think Pelosci has surrendered to the actual Speaker of the House.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - GMDino - 09-24-2019

(09-24-2019, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Without debating if this is a true whistleblower (it appears he/she may have a political bias and info may be nothing more than hearsay) situation it does appear Trump is going to turn over the report:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/white-house-preparing-to-release-whistleblower-complaint-report-says.html

There is absolutely no way for you or anyone to know that.  The only thing even remotely pointing to that was a statement by Trump...who ALSO should have no idea who the whistleblower is.

This should have been over by now but DJT only knows how to stonewall.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 09-24-2019

(09-24-2019, 09:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think it's more likely that the recent allegations have backed her into a corner with her own caucus.  We shall see.

That's very possible too, but it's more and more looking like the claim is accurate as things are coming out and Pelosi has shown great restraint prior.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 09-25-2019

The RNC called on Biden to release transcripts for his calls to the Ukraine and China... but he does not have access to those classified transcripts and would not legally be allowed to release them even if he did. His campaign stated:

Quote: “Imagine our disbelief that Republicans called for Joe Biden to break the law and release classified transcripts he doesn’t have access to or permission to release, given their track record for holding politicians who commit crimes accountable and their general ethical and moral conduct across the board. With their newfound sense of transparency, will they also ask President Donald Trump to release his tax returns, something he promised to do nearly four years ago?”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/24/biden-republican-document-requests-1510609

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - bfine32 - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 12:06 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The RNC called on Biden to release transcripts for his calls to the Ukraine and China... but he does not have access to those classified transcripts and would not legally be allowed to release them even if he did. His campaign stated:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/24/biden-republican-document-requests-1510609

Now I'll freely admit that "politics" often seems without logic to me, but:

We have a right to know exactly what a sitting President said to another Head of State in a private phone conversation, but to show what an ex-VP said in a similar conversation is protected under law.

Many in this country have absolutely lost their collective minds. 

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Benton - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 12:06 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The RNC called on Biden to release transcripts for his calls to the Ukraine and China... but he does not have access to those classified transcripts and would not legally be allowed to release them even if he did. His campaign stated:

Cant exist.

If it was classified, trump would've tweeted it by now.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - hollodero - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Now I'll freely admit that "politics" often seems without logic to me, but:

We have a right to know exactly what a sitting President said to another Head of State in a private phone conversation, but to show what an ex-VP said in a similar conversation is protected under law.

If Biden had been overheard using the conversation to persecute a political opponent or his family, then yeah sure that absolutely should have come to light as well.
It's a head of state, not a personal lawyer.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Now I'll freely admit that "politics" often seems without logic to me, but:

We don't have a right to know what was in Trump's call. Congress can request them in the course of investigation, but except for in very specific instances (such as the whistleblower complaint) there is nothing that says the Executive has to provide things. The president's calls are also classified. He has the authority to declassify anything he wishes to, though, which includes Biden's calls. Biden, however, doesn't have authority to declassify anything.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 09-25-2019

(09-24-2019, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Without debating if this is a true whistleblower (it appears he/she may have a political bias and info may be nothing more than hearsay) situation it does appear Trump is going to turn over the report:

As to Trump turning it over: too little, too late. He said this after the impeachment announcement and stonewalling for days? Yeah, you don't get to break the law and then go "my bad, I take it back."

For the rest of the post, no offense, but this is head-in-the-sand level denial. First, there is zero evidence the whistleblower did this out of political bias. Second, the Trump appointed ICIG found the complaint "credible and urgent." Considering the IG is the only person who should know the full details at this point including who made it, they are Trump appointed, and they found the complaint to be credible, I would say the likelihood of the complainant doing it out of political animus is low. And, if anyone tries to make that claim, then there would be reason to investigate whether they illegally obtained information on who the complainant was.

Edit: I saw the Fox News exclusive on this about the IG supposedly saying the whistleblower had "political bias" and was in favor of "a political rival" or something in a report the White House plans to release. If this actually mattered to the facts of the complaint, the complaint would not have been found credible. This is nothing more than a red herring the administration is hoping will convince their base that this is much ado about nothing.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 09-25-2019

The point being that private citizen Joe Biden cannot release classified materials, much less materials that he has no physical access to. President Donald Trump can release any classified materials as President.

The RNC should be asking Trump to release the Biden tapes.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - GMDino - 09-25-2019

People who still think this is just "libs" attacking the President for losing 2016 can no longer insist they are "not defending Trump".

If anyone still thinks he is probably innocent and that he is playing the long con on "the left" they have no more credibility.

Your cover is blown.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - GMDino - 09-25-2019

Par for the course:

WH wants to send redacted whistleblower complaint.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/white-house-only-wants-to-send-congress-a-redacted-version-of-whistleblower-complaint-on-trump-nyt/

Trump called Pelosi to try and "make a deal" about the whistleblower.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/white-house-drops-objection-to-whistle-blower-speaking-to-congress/ar-AAHNb29

And I heard (t see a link yet) about the call transcript being a "version" of the call.

(09-25-2019, 09:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: Par for the course:

WH wants to send redacted whistleblower complaint.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/white-house-only-wants-to-send-congress-a-redacted-version-of-whistleblower-complaint-on-trump-nyt/

Trump called Pelosi to try and "make a deal" about the whistleblower.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/white-house-drops-objection-to-whistle-blower-speaking-to-congress/ar-AAHNb29

And I heard (t see a link yet) about the call transcript being a "version" of the call.

Are they sending the full, unredacted complaint to the House Intelligence Committee? If not, they are still in violation of the law. I would like to know what is meant by "release" in this instance. Whether that is release publicly, to Congress, or to the committee. The first link seems to be making an assumption with their headline and the second site isn't clear.

(09-25-2019, 02:48 AM)Benton Wrote: Cant exist.

If it was classified, trump would've tweeted it by now.

Or there's nothing remotely questionable in them. 

(09-25-2019, 09:20 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Are they sending the full, unredacted complaint to the House Intelligence Committee? If not, they are still in violation of the law. I would like to know what is meant by "release" in this instance. Whether that is release publicly, to Congress, or to the committee. The first link seems to be making an assumption with their headline and the second site isn't clear.

Everything I heard this morning said basically what I posted: The WH is preparing a redacted version.  Who that is for I can't tell you.

I do know that Rudy has had the phone call transcript read to him:

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - jj22 - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 08:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The point being that private citizen Joe Biden cannot release classified materials, much less materials that he has no physical access to. President Donald Trump can release any classified materials as President.

The RNC should be asking Trump to release the Biden tapes.

This is true. Not sure what this new spin is about, but it's obviously a desperate attempt to change the subject. Obviously if there was transcripts that Biden did something wrong Trump would have declassified them and released them. He has that power not Biden. If only American voters would use common sense, these politicians wouldn't treat them like fools.

Why do his defenders keep swinging and missing when it comes to defending Trump? They even act like they know who the whistleblower is when they nor Trump do?

The length they go to defend a man who twice got caught colluding to attack America's Democracy and citizens is one of the most head scratching moments in American History.

No matter what comes out of this Trump has confessed to trying to get a foreign country to investigate a political opponent. He's confessed. What more do Trump defenders have to question? If a confession isn't good enough what will be

The desperation of Trump defenders is cringe worthy.

Apparently this call was in July.  The transcript should have been prepared long before now.

Wonder why they haven't just released it yet? 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76117f866685c60bc00727...=giphy.gif]