Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Taylor seem to think the offensive line is playing well - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Taylor seem to think the offensive line is playing well (/Thread-Taylor-seem-to-think-the-offensive-line-is-playing-well)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Taylor is a modern day Dave Shula - The stats show it! - Au165 - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Those making the point of maybe Taylor is more like Coach X instead of Shula, sure he could be.
But do you want to wait potentially years to find out? If so, how long?
I think there's a shelf life of no more than 3 years.

Right, I am all for 3 years or bust, hell I'd be okay with two years if it's as bad as this year. My point is there are people calling for him to be fired after 10 games, that is basically the narrative of this thread. Teams who fire coaches mid year, or after one year, become toxic to future coaching candidates. We are already a toxic destination due to the ownership of this team so throwing more gas on the fire is not going to net us a better coach. 

RE: Taylor is a modern day Dave Shula - The stats show it! - EastCoastBengal - 11-13-2019

My mom and dad met in 93, i was shit out in 99. It is an honor to be a part of history with you all.

RE: Taylor is a modern day Dave Shula - The stats show it! - THE PISTONS - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 04:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Right, I am all for 3 years or bust, hell I'd be okay with two years if it's as bad as this year. My point is there are people calling for him to be fired after 10 games, that is basically the narrative of this thread. Teams who fire coaches mid year, or after one year, become toxic to future coaching candidates. We are already a toxic destination due to the ownership of this team so throwing more gas on the fire is not going to net us a better coach. 

The narrative to this thread is to show that the 1993 Bengals and 2019 Bengals are very comparable statistically.

There seems to be a narrative among some that Taylor is somehow just losing close games. Our average margin of defeat is very similar to 1993.

RE: Taylor is a modern day Dave Shula - The stats show it! - jason - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 04:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Right, I am all for 3 years or bust, hell I'd be okay with two years if it's as bad as this year. My point is there are people calling for him to be fired after 10 games, that is basically the narrative of this thread. Teams who fire coaches mid year, or after one year, become toxic to future coaching candidates. We are already a toxic destination due to the ownership of this team so throwing more gas on the fire is not going to net us a better coach. 

That's my only concern with firing him, but I think it's gonna be a long 3 years if we don't. Missing on HC and QB is devastating for a franchise... For years.

I think we've whiffed on this one. Now let's see how the QB situation goes. Anybody but Marvin and Dalton though; right?

RE: Taylor is a modern day Dave Shula - The stats show it! - THE PISTONS - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 04:41 PM)jason Wrote: That's my only concern with firing him, but I think it's gonna be a long 3 years if we don't. Missing on HC and QB is devastating for a franchise... For years.

I think we've whiffed on this one. Now let's see how the QB situation goes. Anybody but Marvin and Dalton though; right?

Taylor and staff are literally destroying our players and making them worse.

RE: Taylor is a modern day Dave Shula - The stats show it! - ochocincos - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 04:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the things I see are:

1 ) This roster shouldn't have 0 wins.
2 ) Taylor was hired for his offensive mind...and he's a TERRIBLE playcaller.

So what elite coaching skills does he have?

QB coach is about the only thing, but do we know how good he is at that based on Finley or do we need to wait and see with a 1st or 2nd round draft pick?

(11-13-2019, 04:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: QB coach is about the only thing, but do we know how good he is at that based on Finley or do we need to wait and see with a 1st or 2nd round draft pick?

That's just it...Taylor isn't our QB Coach. He's our HC and basically offensive coordinator...failing at those things.

We do see what happened to Andy.

RE: Fire Zac? Then What? - HuDey - 11-13-2019

I see no point in firing Taylor after year one UNLESS you have a proven head coach lined up and ready to come aboard. Firing him without giving him time to make changes makes no sense when it is highly likely that you will end up with a similar candidate (see: No one wants to work for Mike Brown).

RE: Fire Zac? Then What? - Catmandude123 - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 04:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Zac isn't the only 1st year HC with a losing record that's getting fired.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/adam-gase-isnt-going-anywhere-says-jets-boss-christopher-johnson/ar-BBWHUTD?ocid=spartandhp

He got the two most sought after FAs in Bell and Mosley. While Zac got Hart and Brown.

RE: Taylor is a modern day Dave Shula - The stats show it! - Synric - 11-13-2019

How many years is these guys contracts?

Right now the Bengals are paying this years coaches and last years coaches. I say at worst let them coach out their contract get out from under it and then they will have more money to lure a better HC if Zac doesnt get it down in that period of time.

(11-13-2019, 05:47 PM)Synric Wrote: How many years is these guys contracts?

Right now the Bengals are paying this years coaches and last years coaches. I say at worst let them coach out their contract get out from under it and then they will have more money to lure a better HC if Zac doesnt get it down in that period of time.

I'd say probably 3. Maybe 4.

RE: Fire Zac? Then What? - THE PISTONS - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 05:42 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: He got the two most sought after FAs in Bell and Mosley. While Zac got Hart and Brown.

That's a great point...and it shows that even if we went out and signed a couple Top tier guys...it likely wouldn't turn us around. We just have too many holes.

We need to fix the lines and LB. But, we kind of also need a QB and TE. And Safeties.

It would be easier to start an expansion team!

RE: Taylor seem to think the offensive line is playing well - WhodeyRay - 11-13-2019

(11-12-2019, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Watching the Niners play last night and think back to the glory days of Ryan Hewitt I asked myself: "Self, if our oline cannot open lanes for the RB why don't we use a Fullback?" I had no answer for myself.
Could not agree more. We need that guy with no neck blowing open a hole and catching the old swing pass out of the back field for a 10 yard gain that ends in a massive collision.

RE: Fire Zac? Then What? - BengalsRocker - 11-13-2019

I want Zac fired with the rest of his god awful staff.

What I want, and what will happen are miles apart.

This team always and I do mean always makes moves in slow motion.

That's why they constantly F themselves and take us along for the ride.

Even when almost everything is in place, but they have that one glaring need, they work at a snails pace to react.

So yeah. We're gonna ride this shitshow out and to the ground.

The real question is... who is going to be around when the ZT era finally ends?

I'm really curious how many fans will fall off this time?

As much as I slam on the Browns they have a fan base that mightily holds on.

Our fans quit going and watching when the Bengals stink.

What we are watching right now might just be the demise of a large chunk of the fan base for good.

RE: Fire Zac? Then What? - BengalsRocker - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 12:14 PM)Okeana Wrote: Worst draft in years of terrible drafts, one of the worst seasons in the history of the Bengals, no positive moves for developing for the future, and supporting coaching staff are washed up Dolphin's coordinators.  What else does it take to get fired in this league?  

The real shit stain on this team is Duke Tobin and how he hasn't been fired after years of terrible drafts is beyond me.

All that you listed above is a huge middle finger to the fan base.

Being an idiot is one thing.

Being a smug idiot is another.

I swear Brown, Blackburn(s), and Tobin have turned their smugness up a few notches on top of hiring an ass kissing yes man in Zac Taylor.

That is not sitting well with anyone I know who has spent time or money on the Bengals.

If they don't show any responsiveness to correct things it could be disastrous to their past fans.

RE: Taylor seem to think the offensive line is playing well - BengalChris - 11-13-2019

Oh, okay, let's keep him on for 5 years like MB did with Dave Shula.

How toxic do you think it will be then?

RE: Taylor seem to think the offensive line is playing well - BengalChris - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 07:19 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I want Zac fired with the rest of his god awful staff.

What I want, and what will happen are miles apart.

This team always and I do mean always makes moves in slow motion.

That's why they constantly F themselves and take us along for the ride.

Even when almost everything is in place, but they have that one glaring need, they work at a snails pace to react.

So yeah.  We're gonna ride this shitshow out and to the ground.

The real question is... who is going to be around when the ZT era finally ends?

I'm really curious how many fans will fall off this time?

As much as I slam on the Browns they have a fan base that mightily holds on.

Our fans quit going and watching when the Bengals stink.

What we are watching right now might just be the demise of a large chunk of the fan base for good.

I was a Paul Brown fan. That has kept me with the Bengals a long, long time.

However, I no longer believe the team will ever return to being glorious and with that lack of belief I'm slipping away from this team rather quickly. Mike Brown sours me at every turn.

I have my Buckeyes, of which I am an alumni. They are consistently much better to watch and better run. They also execute the game of football significantly better than do the professional team. That is truly a sad statement.

RE: Taylor seem to think the offensive line is playing well - THE PISTONS - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 09:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I was a Paul Brown fan. That has kept me with the Bengals a long, long time.

However, I no longer believe the team will ever return to being glorious and with that lack of belief I'm slipping away from this team rather quickly. Mike Brown sours me at every turn.

I have my Buckeyes, of which I am an alumni. They are consistently much better to watch and better run. They also execute the game of football significantly better than do the professional team. That is truly a sad statement.

Indeed. I'm losing interest too.

RE: Taylor seem to think the offensive line is playing well - Au165 - 11-14-2019

(11-13-2019, 09:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Oh, okay, let's keep him on for 5 years like MB did with Dave Shula.

How toxic do you think it will be then?

...I literally just said I'd be cool with firing him after 2 if it was the same results as this year. Not sure how you got from that to let's keep him 5.

RE: Taylor seem to think the offensive line is playing well - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 11-14-2019

(11-13-2019, 03:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: First off, Taylor deserves to be fired. He's obviously in way over his head. Hiring him was a mistake, obviously. Why not just get it over with.

Secondly, the season is lost.

Thirdly, you have to get better coaches in next season as it is, so start making your list now. To get the right coach the front office is going to have to make some changes as no one wants to work for this team as it is. Might as well confront that fact right now.

Or, the team could just stay its course and suck for the next decade just like it did in the 90s.

The question shouldn't be whether Zac is in over his head but rather whether he's learning from his mistakes fast enough.

When they got him they knew he was super inexperienced but the feeling was that if he was good the only opportunity to hire someone like that was to hire them early.

He's certainly made mistakes - I expect there is plenty he'd change about his coaching staff if he had another opportunity. This off-season provides an opportunity for him to learn and rectify and will tell a lot about his long term prospects. I expect him to give up play-calling responsibilities and to appoint a new D coordinator before next season, although the latter may be easier said than done unless the Front Office commits to spending big in Free Agency.