Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow/Young - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow/Young (/Thread-Burrow-Young)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Burrow/Young - Essex Johnson - 12-02-2019

(12-02-2019, 10:35 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Kitchens doesn't have Brady. I will say it again . How many  super bowls does Belichick have without Brady . If you don't want to look it up the answer is ZERO. Belichick was a good coach but didn't become great until he got great players. I challenge any one to name a great player on this years Bengals roster. Burrow will have the chance to be their best player in his rookie year.

Geno Atkins is on pace for HOF.. Green was on pace also till injuries.. So since you are talking NE besides Brady who are the great players??? 

This might be Belichick best coaching year... Brady is on pace to have one of his lowest TD total and QB rating.. and here they sit 10-2.. Belichick is the GOAT

RE: Burrow/Young - Essex Johnson - 12-02-2019

(12-02-2019, 11:15 PM)N_B Wrote: I think Palmer pre injury ran circles around Dalton, even in 2015

well look at their record and stats your statement does not hold up, as the 1st pick in draft vs 2nd rounder.. no way Palmer ran circles on Andy.... Palmer came back from injury.. hell he played longer after injury.. that is a tired excuse.. even he stated he was fine physically as a whole .. he just never overcame it mental wise which is a knock on him..

RE: Burrow/Young - jason - 12-02-2019

(12-02-2019, 10:35 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Kitchens doesn't have Brady. I will say it again . How many  super bowls does Belichick have without Brady . If you don't want to look it up the answer is ZERO. Belichick was a good coach but didn't become great until he got great players. I challenge any one to name a great player on this years Bengals roster. Burrow will have the chance to be their best player in his rookie year.

Ok... I'll play along. How many Super Bowls does Tom Brady have without Bill? I'm not gonna tell ya. Google it.

Before you were born though I'll have you know that Tom Brady kinda sucked when he played for Lloyd Carr. He was a coach at Michigan before Les Miles. Brady kept getting benched in favor of a guy that played for the Yankees.

And if Joe Burrow is the best player on the Bengals next year, we're gonna be in some shit.

RE: Burrow/Young - jason - 12-02-2019

(12-02-2019, 11:15 PM)N_B Wrote: I think Palmer pre injury ran circles around Dalton, even in 2015

There's really nothing to back that up but eyeball test, and preference.

On top of that; Carson Palmer has never ran circles around anything with his slow ass.

RE: Burrow/Young - N_B - 12-02-2019

(12-02-2019, 11:51 PM)jason Wrote: There's really nothing to back that up but eyeball test, and preference.

On top of that; Carson Palmer has never ran circles around anything with his slow ass.

Fair - I’m looking at adjusted completion percentage as my main argument in 2005 vs 2015 plus the eye test of a generational QB at 24 yo

RE: Burrow/Young - J24 - 12-02-2019

(12-02-2019, 11:46 PM)jason Wrote: Ok... I'll play along. How many Super Bowls does Tom Brady have without Bill? I'm not gonna tell ya. Google it.

Before you were born though I'll have you know that Tom Brady kinda sucked when he played for Lloyd Carr. He was a coach at Michigan before Les Miles. Brady kept getting benched in favor of a guy that played for the Yankees.

And if Joe Burrow is the best player on the Bengals next year, we're gonna be in some shit.
Brady was pretty good in college the Athletic had a pretty good article on it a while ago.

RE: Burrow/Young - SunsetBengal - 12-03-2019

(12-02-2019, 09:43 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Billy Price.

And Dan Wilkenson before him.

RE: Burrow/Young - bfine32 - 12-03-2019

(12-02-2019, 11:46 PM)jason Wrote: Ok... I'll play along. How many Super Bowls does Tom Brady have without Bill? I'm not gonna tell ya. Google it.

Well we know Bill didn't do shit without Brady, we just have to guess how Brady would do without Bill.

RE: Burrow/Young - Murdock2420 - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 12:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well we know Bill didn't do shit without Brady, we just have to guess how Brady would do without Bill.

He won the division without Brady, using Matt Cassel as his QB....so he did do something without Brady.

RE: Burrow/Young - pdub2005 - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 02:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He won the division without Brady, using Matt Cassel as his QB....so he did do something without Brady.

He actually missed the playoffs at 11-5 that year
 Sorry, had to be that guy.

RE: Burrow/Young - rfaulk34 - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 02:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He won the division without Brady, using Matt Cassel as his QB....so he did do something without Brady.

They didn't win the division that year. Didn't make the playoffs either. 

RE: Burrow/Young - Murdock2420 - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 02:18 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: He actually missed the playoffs at 11-5 that year

(12-03-2019, 02:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They didn't win the division that year. Didn't make the playoffs either. 

Well damn, shows how closely I follow the Pats, just knew he won 11 games with a guy who washed out after leaving there which is still pretty impressive.

RE: Burrow/Young - Nicomo Cosca - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 03:40 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Well damn, shows how closely I follow the Pats, just knew he won 11 games with a guy who washed out after leaving there which is still pretty impressive.

Meh. It wasn’t that impressive. That division has sucked forever.

RE: Burrow/Young - SHRacerX - 12-03-2019

(12-02-2019, 09:33 PM)N_B Wrote: Things worked out pretty well when we drafted Carson Palmer, who had a mediocre junior year before breaking out his senior year

The reality is Burrow is putting up obscene numbers, using both basic numbers like YPA and advanced metrics like adjusted completion percentage.  The Bengals would be fools not to take him number 1, no questions ask.

Burrow was actually pretty strong at the end of last year, but I digress.  I just look at the defenses he faced this year.  Nothing until they played Bama, and Bama just gave up 45 to a freshman-led Auburn.  I really hope the college playoff comes down to OSU and LSU.  Not only do I think that will be a great game, but I would love to see Burrow against that defense.  

RE: Burrow/Young - Rubekahn29 - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 09:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Burrow was actually pretty strong at the end of last year, but I digress.  I just look at the defenses he faced this year.  Nothing until they played Bama, and Bama just gave up 45 to a freshman-led Auburn.  I really hope the college playoff comes down to OSU and LSU.  Not only do I think that will be a great game, but I would love to see Burrow against that defense.  

Technically the Defense only gave up 31.... two pick sixes. Still high but not 45.

RE: Burrow/Young - Synric - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 09:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Burrow was actually pretty strong at the end of last year, but I digress.  I just look at the defenses he faced this year.  Nothing until they played Bama, and Bama just gave up 45 to a freshman-led Auburn.  I really hope the college playoff comes down to OSU and LSU.  Not only do I think that will be a great game, but I would love to see Burrow against that defense.  

A Freshman QB won the National Championship last year so...

Alabama Auburn and Florida all have players that will be playing on Sundays...and if it comes down to OSU and LSU that means LSU has beat Georgia and Clemson both top CFB defenses. 

PS: An LSU vs OSU matchup wouldnt be if Burrow can beat the OSU defense...It will be if LSU's bad run defense can stop JK Dobbins which I doubt.

RE: Burrow/Young - SHRacerX - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 10:49 AM)Synric Wrote: A Freshman QB won the National Championship last year so...

Alabama Auburn and Florida all have players that will be playing on Sundays...and if it comes down to OSU and LSU that means LSU has beat Georgia and Clemson both top CFB defenses. 

PS: An LSU vs OSU matchup wouldnt be if Burrow can beat the OSU defense...It will be if LSU's bad run defense can stop JK Dobbins which I doubt.

Maybe I should have just said Bo Nix....and that would have been enough said, but I will add that is with Gus Malzon's High School offense. 

I guess I should have also said I want to see how Burrow looks against someone other than Bama's defense.  I don;t think Auburn's defense is that great and he only put up 23 against them.  It will be interesting to see how he first does against Georgia....

RE: Burrow/Young - fortyyearfan - 12-03-2019

(12-02-2019, 11:57 PM)N_B Wrote: Fair - I’m looking at adjusted completion percentage as my main argument in 2005 vs 2015 plus the eye test of a generational QB at 24 yo

I say this,do not draft Joe B. We have Ryan Finley and he is going to be just fine,Andy will play next year and finley can start in the following season.We need to draft top O-lineman,top D-lineman and linebackers and safeities.Remember I said this.And for all you die-hard Fans,life begins after alcohol.Sober for 25 years.No pot,no smoke of any kind.Lots of natural foods,vension,turkey,chicken,very little beef,fruits and vegetables, and raw nuts of all kinds.And I kiss the little lady at times.I am 73 years young,been with my team for fifty years.Folks say I look 50.I still deer hunt,cut 6 cores of wood a season and haul it up to my wood shed by myself,and I love my country,I am a retired Vietman veteran.I will stick by my team,its what I do.WHO-DEY !!!!! I hope they put a whippin on the brownies.Did you notice when daltons line gave him time,he balled out.Its the lines folks,not the qb.

RE: Burrow/Young - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 02:18 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: He actually missed the playoffs at 11-5 that year

(12-03-2019, 02:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They didn't win the division that year. Didn't make the playoffs either. 

He also had Cleveland at 10-6 or 11-5, won with two backups while Tom was out suspended, and won Super Bowls as Bill Parcells' D coordinator.

Bill is a defensive genius, unquestionable. The Pats also adjust constantly on offense. Whether it's 2TEs, spread out 5 wide, or using a FB in 2018, he has his teams prepared for whatever. 

Brady has certainly helped, no question. Hoodie is the GOAT himself though.

RE: Burrow/Young - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-03-2019

(12-02-2019, 10:50 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I believe Brady was a rookie. Bledsoe was their golden boy but couldn't reclaim his starting job from a sixth round pick. BTW did those 21 passes win the super bowl for the Pats ? No but the ones Brady threw did.

Actually, Drew won one of those games, as Brady was hurt. The AFCG to be exact.