Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
How do you feel after this win? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: How do you feel after this win? (/Thread-How-do-you-feel-after-this-win)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: How do you feel after this win? - bengaloo - 12-22-2020

I feel great about the game. It was very enjoyable to watch us beat the Stealers especially after Juju disrespected the team.

We actually ran and stopped the run for the most part. I mean that's like AFCN style football. Wth? Sure it was most likely because we had so many injuries it forced ZT to call a different style of game, but with the OL lineup we had last night, it worked. They opened some holes for Gio and Ryan to run through.

The defense played a very good game. It was nice to see them getting some pressure on pig Ben. The Bell hit on Juju will be a highlight for years to come. The D even overcame the refs, after they called WJ3 for pi on 4th down. That was a bad call! We should've taken over on downs there instead they got a TD the next play. But the D got back up after that instead of laying down and that was good to see.

I cant believe I'm saying this but we outcoached them and outplayed them last night. This was a game the Steelers wanted and needed. We played more physical than they did and that was easy to see. We pretty much got in there and smacked them in the mouth right from the get go. I really enjoyed watching that.

RE: How do you feel after this win? - THE PISTONS - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 11:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: he didnt look like normal ben thats for sure... 

Seemed their play calling recently has been 1 dimensional. i guess losing conner was a big set back for them,

They've sucked the past 3 games. Losing Bush and Dupree took speed from their D too.

RE: How do you feel after this win? - RunKijanaRun - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 11:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They've sucked the past 3 games. Losing Bush and Dupree took speed from their D too.

Losing Burrow via that twatwaffle Dupree kinda hampered our offense. Not making any excuses for those filthy shitheads.

RE: How do you feel after this win? - George Cantstandya - 12-22-2020

I was one of the many people that predicted the Bengals to lose bad in the prediction thread. So I'll eat my crow. Now that I've finally picked all the feathers out of my teeth I'll say that it was cool to see the Bengals beat the Steelers in prime time. That hit on JuJu was awesome especially after his little dance routine. Hopefully the Bengals can play with that much fire and passion through all of next year.

Fun win for the Bengals and the fans.

RE: How do you feel after this win? - BengalHawk62 - 12-22-2020

You should ask the wife how I feel after that game. She’s just as giddy as I am this morning.

Wink-wink

RE: How do you feel after this win? - Schmitbuck - 12-22-2020

I felt a lot better about it after I checked the standings and saw only teams with 4 wins or more behind (in front of) the Bengals.

Nice to see the disappointment in Big Ben's fat face.

RE: How do you feel after this win? - chopperbobby - 12-22-2020

ZT. Met my expectation at the beginning of the year. Bet the Steelers. So I guess I have to jump on his band wagon. It hurts to do. I still don’t have faith he can get a winning season in the next 3 years. He did what I asked. I guess my goals are set way too low. Expense of being a bengals fan. Who Dey

RE: How do you feel after this win? - Essex Johnson - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 10:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not really if you cant beat any of the teams you are suppose to beat.  3 wins in a year is a not a good start to anything. and definately not the leap you want to see year 1 to 2 when giving the offensive mind the best qb in the draft.

All we are doing right now is potentially hurting draft slot.

Nice to see us beat the steelers.. But it would better for it to mean anything.

Disagree, they have been close in games this year and with the injuries they have kept the team playing hard..  funny we talk about the Bengals will never get over the culture thing until we beat the Steelers and now we want to just disregard the win.. as for draft slot, I will take wins now over the draft.. most of the players on this team are back next year so i rather seem them get better and build the mental ability to win games like last nite over one top 10 pick

RE: How do you feel after this win? - Yojimbo - 12-22-2020

Yay! We beat the Steelers!

Now on to what was still wrong. The Steelers handed us this win. We had 17 points off 3 turnovers, 10 from the offense actually driving the field. The Steelers (Ben) were just giving us the ball all night, there should have been 4-5 ints, if our guys just catch the damn ball. If the Steelers had just played turnover free football, we would have scored 10 points, 10.

The team still went the entire 3rd quarter with no scoring and no first downs.

Finley can't throw the ball to the left side of the field, everything over 10 yards was under thrown. The guy is a better RB than QB....

Lastly, I'm tired of fans acting like anytime there is a win, that's going to be the catalyst to turn things around and Zac finally gets it. Blah, blah, blah. We've seen none of that in Zac's tenure. Every win is followed by a losing streak of 4-5 games.

(12-22-2020, 11:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They've sucked the past 3 games. Losing Bush and Dupree took speed from their D too.

We had a better game plan.. and they still have their Oline together and skilled players ... what wins most games in the NFL even with teams that have less talent.. one word "TURNOVERS"  that is what won the game last nite and reason we lost Dallas game and couple close games this year....

I am not giving any excuses to those Steelers.. we wanted it more, more physical and Tomlin had no answer. 

(12-22-2020, 11:36 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yay! We beat the Steelers!

Now on to what was still wrong. The Steelers handed us this win. We had 17 points off 3 turnovers, 10 from the offense actually driving the field. The Steelers (Ben) were just giving us the ball all night, there should have been 4-5 ints, if our guys just catch the damn ball. If the Steelers had just played turnover free football, we would have scored 10 points, 10.

The team still went the entire 3rd quarter with no scoring and no first downs.

Finley can't throw the ball to the left side of the field, everything over 10 yards was under thrown. The guy is a better RB than QB....

Lastly, I'm tired of fans acting like anytime there is a win, that's going to be the catalyst to turn things around and Zac finally gets it. Blah, blah, blah. We've seen none of that in Zac's tenure. Every win is followed by a losing streak of 4-5 games.

I am tired of fans acting like only "Burrow" was the fix to this team..  he is essential but really if you look around the NFL most games are decided by turnovers.. You go 0 to 3 in that area.. you can beat most any NFL team on that day...it showed last nite..  Finley played turnover free... Steelers have been a mental issue for us for a while... this is one game that can help many of the players on this team that are back next year.. 

On to Texas, sadly we will be even thinner on offense without Boyd... got to win the turnover battle Sunday

Who Dey

RE: How do you feel after this win? - XenoMorph - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 11:36 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Disagree, they have been close in games this year and with the injuries they have kept the team playing hard..  funny we talk about the Bengals will never get over the culture thing until we beat the Steelers and now we want to just disregard the win.. as for draft slot, I will take wins now over the draft.. most of the players on this team are back next year so i rather seem them get better and build the mental ability to win games like last nite over one top 10 pick

it takes more than 1 win  to make me think things have changed at all...

Being close is nice but nothing outside of Wins and Losses matter....  and we only have 5 wins over the last 2 years... that is not enough injuries or not (no one else is allowed to used them as excuses)

I like we beat the steelers... But its not enough after 2 years

RE: How do you feel after this win? - yang - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 02:17 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: ZT beat the Steelers with Ryan Finley as his QB. No Burrow, Mixon, Boyd, Dunlap, Atkins or Jonah Williams and ZT won.
He beat the Steelers on a Prime Time game on MNF.

Are you kidding me? How do I feel?
I feel F&%$&ng great!
ASOLUTELY!  If you are negative today and if you didn't completely love what happened during and after you are not a Bengals fan, you're an idiot! 
This is one of my all time favorite wins.  I woke up laughing this morning and haven't quit smiling.  Just thinking of Bell rocking JuJu is the best Bengals Xmas gift!  Rejoice!  Hallelujah! 

RE: How do you feel after this win? - MileHighGrowler - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 12:01 PM)yang Wrote: ASOLUTELY!  If you are negative today and if you didn't completely love what happened during and after you are not a Bengals fan, you're an idiot! 
This is one of my all time favorite wins.  I woke up laughing this morning and haven't quit smiling.  Just thinking of Bell rocking JuJu is the best Bengals Xmas gift!  Rejoice!  Hallelujah! 

I disagree with that take.  I LOVE seeing the Steelers lose to anyone, and especially to the Bengals after so many years of futility against them.  Feels great.  And will every time.  

But I also think it's a bitter sweet win.  Taylor still doesn't (and didn't last night) show me that he's improved to the point where he should earn another year.  But there is a really solid chance he does as a result of that game.  Because now he's shown some glimmer of hope.  And so the win last night might have just locked us in for another year of banging our heads against the wall and begging for him to get fired.  

If this was somehow a turning point for Zac and the team tears it up from here out, this will be the most glorious win of all time.  If it makes everyone feel great last night and this morning and then turns into another year or two of madness, I think I would have preferred a loss.  And if that makes me an idiot, so be it.  Being a fan of the team to me means wanting the best for the team.  Winning and battle and losing the war isn't what's best for the team.  And that's very possibly the result of last night's game.  Time will tell...

RE: How do you feel after this win? - Yojimbo - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 11:46 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I am tired of fans acting like only "Burrow" was the fix to this team..  he is essential but really if you look around the NFL most games are decided by turnovers.. You go 0 to 3 in that area.. you can beat most any NFL team on that day...it showed last nite..  Finley played turnover free... Steelers have been a mental issue for us for a while... this is one game that can help many of the players on this team that are back next year.. 

On to Texas, sadly we will be even thinner on offense without Boyd... got to win the turnover battle Sunday

Who Dey

Zac Taylor has a losing record when winning the turn over battle...

RE: How do you feel after this win? - THE Bigzoman - 12-22-2020

I'm kind of buying the bengals' logic of Zac being a long-term investment with the potential with major returns.

The Steelers handed us the game with poor play, sure. But the fact that we even were in it all with the current situation tells me the culture is better than what some media pundits are saying. The fact is, we put on a better offensive and defensive performance than when we last played Pitt..with less playmakers on both sides of the football. That's huge.

The fact that Zac has two wins over teams with double digit wins tells me there's been flashes of potential.

If he beats Houston and/or Baltimore, it'll cement my conclusion that he should get one more year and draft.

I was already willing to give him one more year and draft.

RE: How do you feel after this win? - kalibengal - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 11:39 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We had a better game plan.. and they still have their Oline together and skilled players ... what wins most games in the NFL even with teams that have less talent.. one word "TURNOVERS"  that is what won the game last nite and reason we lost Dallas game and couple close games this year....

I am not giving any excuses to those Steelers.. we wanted it more, more physical and Tomlin had no answer. 

I don't buy the injuries excuse....take a look at all the players we have lost...and on top of that, one of them is our Franchise QB Burrow! They still had Ben and dont forget we lost Boyd during the game.  Give them credit for playing a hard nosed style game which is how you beat the Steelers.
It feels like I just took  massive dump. 

RE: How do you feel after this win? - Waite Hoyt - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 02:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I feel good

ZT was not getting fired even if we lost last 3 games. I’m alright bringing him back. Our young QB was putting up very good numbers and scoring points when he was available. Get Joe Mixom, Cj and find a replacement for AJ and I love our skill players offensively. Upgrade the OLine through FA and draft and we will be a handful for opposing defenses. Burrow will shine in ZT’s system.

Defensively getting Reader healthy and resigning WJIII along with Bates will help the back end with Trans healthy. LB’s have taken a step forward. Find a edge rusher to go with Lawson and Hubbard and we will get pressure on QB.

We have good draft position and cap space with AJ, Dunlap, Geno coming off the books. The Brown family knows they have a window to get it done with Burrow. Hence the spending last off season. Be patient it is going to get better.

RE: How do you feel after this win? - XenoMorph - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 12:52 PM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: ZT was not getting fired even if we lost last 3 games. I’m alright bringing him back. Our young QB was putting up very good numbers and scoring points when he was available. Get Joe Mixom, Cj and find a replacement for AJ and I love our skill players offensively. Upgrade the OLine through FA and draft and we will be a handful for opposing defenses.  Burrow will shine in ZT’s system.

Defensively getting Reader healthy and resigning WJIII along with Bates will help the back end with Trans healthy. LB’s have taken a step forward. Find a edge rusher to go with Lawson and Hubbard and we will get pressure on QB.

We have good draft position and cap space with AJ, Dunlap, Geno coming off the books. The Brown family knows they have a window to get it done with Burrow. Hence the spending last off season. Be patient it is going to get better.

of course after a 2 win and a 3 win season it cant get much worse lol (ie competing for the #1 pick 2 years in a row.)

RE: How do you feel after this win? - SladeX - 12-22-2020

Dead Cat Bounce