Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you feel after this win?
How are you all feeling after this win? This most likely keeps ZT as HC.

This game makes me excited about the defense. They played the most physical football that I have seen by a Bengals teams since 2015. If this defense keeps this physicality, Burrow can win some games here.

Obviously this team responded to the embarrassment that was last week. Is this a fluke game, or start of an ascending team?
Reply/Quote
Like what's the point to little to late..I want sewell so that means losing than by all means lose out to ensure that..
Reply/Quote
Feels good to get that Steelers monkey off our backs. 5 years is a long time. And I think Taylor’s job was safe for at least one more year anyway. Plus it didn’t hurt our draft position. So yeah, I’m going to enjoy this one.

The offense still sucks without Burrow, but Gio did his best to carry them. Props to Lou for a well called game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:03 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: How are you all feeling after this win? This most likely keeps ZT as HC.

This game makes me excited about the defense. They played the most physical football that I have seen by a Bengals teams since 2015. If this defense keeps this physicality, Burrow can win some games here.

Obviously this team responded to the embarrassment that was last week. Is this a fluke game, or start of an ascending team?

It’s a fluke game. Pittsburgh is having a lot of offensive trouble so please don’t think the Bengals reached a new level tonight. Enjoy the win but unfortunately it is temporary.
Reply/Quote
It’s weird this team wins a game against Pitt with no Burrow, no Mixon, no Boyd.

I’m still convinced the Steelers lost on purpose to keep Zac around.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Feels good to get that Steelers monkey off our backs. 5 years is a long time. And I think Taylor’s job was safe for at least one more year anyway. Plus it didn’t hurt our draft position. So yeah, I’m going to enjoy this one.

The offense still sucks without Burrow, but Gio did his best to carry them. Props to Lou for a well called game.

I agree. I think this game was 100% about the defense and the physicality that they brought. I feel that if this defense can continue to gel, Burrow can win games with them. I really don't expect to win the next two, but if the defense shows the same resolve and offense plays mistake free, they will have a shot like tonight. 
Reply/Quote
It's nice to beat the Steelers. Always is and always will be.

Knowing Mike Brown, this pretty much guarantees that Zac will be back. Now we need to wonder if this win carries enough weight to keep some other guys, like Lou and Turner, around.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Exactly how I felt about knocking the Ravens out of the playoffs in 2017.

At first I felt great because yeah, knocked out the division rival. Ended their season. Then Marvin was kept around even longer because of it and it just led to more suffering so it was short term enjoyment for longer term repercussions.

Now armed with the knowledge of how Mike Brown will treat a shitty team/HC that gets some big wins late in the season when it's already over, it makes me dread hearing that Zac Taylor will be back a 3rd year to keep ruining this team.

The only hope left is that the Bengals get absolutely stomped the next two weeks so Taylor won't be brought back.

- - - - - -

All that said, I can't ever root to lose against the Steelers, and it didn't hurt the draft position anyway, so Go Bengals, F The Steelers!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:10 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s a fluke game. Pittsburgh is having a lot of offensive trouble so please don’t think the Bengals reached a new level tonight.  Enjoy the win but unfortunately it is temporary.

While true, there have been many teams who have used us as "get right" games, and we did not let that happen tonight. So there's that. 
Reply/Quote
It makes me wonder why they couldn't squeeze out better performances with a healthy and active Joe Burrow, Joe Mixon, Jonah Williams, DJ Reader, Carlos Dunlap, etc.

It's great that they won. But if you can win with so little talent against a clearly superior opponent then what exactly was going on earlier in the year?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Feels good to get that Steelers monkey off our backs. 5 years is a long time. And I think Taylor’s job was safe for at least one more year anyway. Plus it didn’t hurt our draft position. So yeah, I’m going to enjoy this one.

well said

just to beat them is refreshing

10/10 game, but now please lose out 
Reply/Quote
ZT beat the Steelers with Ryan Finley as his QB. No Burrow, Mixon, Boyd, Dunlap, Atkins or Jonah Williams and ZT won.
He beat the Steelers on a Prime Time game on MNF.

Are you kidding me? How do I feel?
I feel F&%$&ng great!
Reply/Quote
How do I feel? I feel like going to Disneyland.
Reply/Quote
Enjoyed the win.Very Entertaining.Best tackling I’ve seen from this defense all year.Now let’s get back to losing,and think draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:03 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: How are you all feeling after this win? This most likely keeps ZT as HC.

I'm happy that the Bengals won.

I'm happy they beat the f'n Steelers.

I'm happy that the defense played so well.

I'm happy that they finally figured out how to run block.

I'm happy for the players.

I'm happy the Steelers are falling apart.

I'm sad about the 5-million-1 record under Taylor. Dude still needs to go. His ass has to be in the fire for him to get his head out of it.

Reply/Quote
I'm happy we beat the Steelers for the first time in forever.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out where this D has been all year ?

I'm hoping Zac Taylor is still gone anyways.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:14 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It makes me wonder why they couldn't squeeze out better performances with a healthy and active Joe Burrow, Joe Mixon, Jonah Williams, DJ Reader, Carlos Dunlap, etc.

It's great that they won.  But if you can win with so little talent against a clearly superior opponent then what exactly was going on earlier in the year?

It's been thrown around that Zac was a project hire that was going to need a few years to be groomed.  Credit where it's due, he actually called a great game and managed to manufacture some points through playcalling.  The other thing is that most of these guys are literally playing and coaching for their professional careers right now.  
Reply/Quote
I feel good
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
A win is always fun, but I'm hoping this W didn't save Zac's job.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:19 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm happy that the Bengals won.

I'm happy they beat the f'n Steelers.

I'm happy that the defense played so well.

I'm happy that they finally figured out how to run block.

I'm happy for the players.

I'm happy the Steelers are falling apart.

I'm sad about the 5-million-1 record under Taylor. Dude still needs to go. His ass has to be in the fire for him to get his head out of it.

Haters are always going to hate!
Reply/Quote