Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you feel after this win?
Never thought I'd be upset about beating the Steelers. I'm in the club that I want Zac gone and winning this worthless game will probably keep him around.

Didn't watch the game though, quit watching after Burrow went down with his knee injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I feel like I am going out to get a Von Bell Jersey....
Reply/Quote
So what we dont get Sewell? Chase here we come! Fix the O line in FA and other players in the draft..
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 05:53 AM)Tony Wrote: So what we dont get Sewell? Chase here we come! Fix the O line in FA and other players in the draft..

Or take Surtain and let WJ3 walk. There’s about 3-4 players I’d be pretty happy with.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 06:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or take Surtain and let WJ3 walk. There’s about 3-4 players I’d be pretty happy with.

Not having to pay the premium that all CBs seem to get would go a long way towards us being able to make noise in FA again this off-season.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm happy we beat the Steelers for the first time in forever.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out where this D has been all year ?

I'm hoping Zac Taylor is still gone anyways.

I hear ya' brother.  Who were those guys in Bengal uniforms?  Shocked
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 06:18 AM)treee Wrote: Not having to pay the premium that all CBs seem to get would go a long way towards us being able to make noise in FA again this off-season.

Yup.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:10 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s a fluke game. Pittsburgh is having a lot of offensive trouble so please don’t think the Bengals reached a new level tonight. Enjoy the win but unfortunately it is temporary.

Wrong!!

It woulda been a fluke had Pittsburgh won- because they’re limping. This game was just what they needed to get back on track- where they would bully us and get a fluke win to save their season. Not today and NOT A FLUKE win.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Hate the Steelers as much as the next guy but this game does nothing to help us in the big picture. Taylor will be brought back and waste another year with Burrow and we might lose draft position if we win again. There’s no guarantee we will get Sewell but I want us to have the best chance to pick him. There’s no tackles even close to him in free agency so if they wanna build the line that way there gonna have a pay a guard which they’ve been reluctant to do.
Reply/Quote
I feel encouraged. The defense had a really good game. This team could've had a descent year if it wasn't for all the critical injuries. Still need to do a lot of work in the offseason but this is a encouraging win.
Reply/Quote
Conflicted. I think it’s fools gold but it’s hard to not laugh and smile at this win.

Turner needs shit canned.
Reply/Quote
Winning this game with a lousy coach is the most Bengal thing ever.

Temporary joy leading to a gut punch.

Enjoy this for the moment until reality creeps back in.

Pig Ben sulking, Tomlin's eyes bulging, and Juju getting his ass handed to him felt great.

Wooden smile Thinley saved Taylor's gameplan big time.

Who would've thunk it?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It was about 9:00 p.m. here when the second half was gonna start, but I turned it off, not wanting to see Pittsburgh come back. Wrong!
Reply/Quote
I feel hung over, as I stayed up too late and drank too much on a work night. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I hate the Steelers, but this game bought us another wasted year with Taylor.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Let’s see how the team plays in the next two weeks before I say keep ZT. The players are still playing theirs butts off. This is something I never seen with Shula, Coslet and the other crappy coaches during the lost decade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:10 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It’s weird this team wins a game against Pitt with no Burrow, no Mixon, no Boyd.

I’m still convinced the Steelers lost on purpose to keep Zac around.

The Steelers did not lose on purpose. They were playing to clinch the Division, and are chasing the Chief's. Believe it, they needed this win.
Reply/Quote
I’ve got one foot out the door and the other on a banana peel- as far as following this team in the future. However, this was definitely a step in the right direction- but only a step.

I’ve said before that they don’t necessarily have to fire Zac to retain my loyalty- but they need to make all the right moves heading into next season.

Do not pay WJIII big money.

It was said in the GDT that big time players make big time plays. He didn’t ... but Darius Phillips sure did. That’s not to say pay him big time either (yet) but we need to recognize a baller when we have one. Same with Lawson. She looked like a young James Harrison last night. Doesn’t get paid unless he makes the tackle- hungry!!

I wouldn’t be too upset if we missed out on Sewell- but I would trade joe Mixon to secure Sewell in a heart beat- and I love Joe Mixon.

Again, this was no fluke win. On paper the Steelers shoulda destroyed us. But watching them over the past few weeks it’s obvious they aren’t clicking. So logistically- we should have won and did!!!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:08 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Like what's the point to little to late..I want sewell so that means losing than by all means lose out to ensure that..

It was fun.  It was really fun.  I absolutely loved Vonn Bell blowing up JJSS.  Some people will have a new video to show for years:)  I was very happy for the defense and the way they fought.  

Guys like Hubbard and Lawson lived in the backfield and they didn't come off the field hardly at all.  They played like it was their last game ever.  Loved that.

Gio had a huge night.  Slipped through a lot of tackles and had two TDs.  Good for him.  Huge night.

The offensive line did a pretty good job holding up against the strength of their team.  And their front four was not injured.  No excuses.  They played really well.  I couldn't help but think "what if they had been that dedicated to the run...the strength of this offensive line...from Week 1?".  Forget it...this is the positive part of this thread.

So, after all those positives, how do I feel about the team moving forward?  Pretty much the same.   CB is a strength of this team, but only when Phillips, Alexander, and WJIII are all healthy.  Maybe Waynes could do as well as Phillips has.  Maybe a little better.  I don't know.  The middle of the defensive line is still porous and gets little to no push.  

The offensive line still struggles in pass blocking.  We don't have many weapons on offense, and none that really scare the crap out of anyone.  

As far as the biggest issue aside from the personnel issues I mentioned, I don't think we should be enamored with our defensive coaches for holding down pitt.  They are struggling big-time.  They have been awful of late, and we just kept them on that awful trajectory.  Piggy had one good throw tonight.  One.  Despite ESPN's constant ball sack massage, the guy looked awful....which, of course, I loved.  I give our defense for playing with passion and fire the entire night, but I still thing a Cleveland or Baltimore still hangs a 30 burger on them.

So, in summary.  It wasn't exactly fools gold, but it was sure fun to see a team with some fight for a change.  I think they will come back to earth and lose to Houston on the road, and I am fine with that.  

And, as much as it pains me to do so...a tip of the hat to Mr. Ryan Finley.  I still don't think of you as much of a good QB, but you really played with heart tonight and took a pounding.  Lots of ice and advil today, my friend.  I hope that helps you get a job next year.  Good for you. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 09:05 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I hate the Steelers, but this game bought us another wasted year with Taylor.

Y'all might as well get over that sentiment and enjoy the win. Taylor was coming back 1 more year regardless....
Reply/Quote