Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you feel after this win?
It's a short life to be miserable all the time. The Bengals rarely give us these nights, so I'm taking it and being happy.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:03 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: How are you all feeling after this win? This most likely keeps ZT as HC.

This game makes me excited about the defense. They played the most physical football that I have seen by a Bengals teams since 2015. If this defense keeps this physicality, Burrow can win some games here.

Obviously this team responded to the embarrassment that was last week. Is this a fluke game, or start of an ascending team?

I told Holic a few weeks ago I was taking a break.

Negative posts, people pulling for the team to lose and one particular trash poster just made this place miserable.

But watching this game, I had to at least come in for one post about it since I know there are a few other Bengal fans who didn't want to see the losing continue.

This is what I wanted to see from this team. Beat your rival, in primetime and play physical football. This win will do more for the Bengals 2021 season then any draft pick. They just proved to themselves they can beat the bully of the division and they did it without Boyd, Mixon, Burrow, Reader, Geno, etc, etc...

The guys who will be back here next season should be able to build from this and hopefully start changing the losing culture. 

The talk of losing out to get Sewell all seem pointless now, since he's gone at 2 to the Jets after they screwed up and won to miss out on Lawrence. (They won't replace Darnold with Fields, it is a lateral move.) So, beat Houston, beat Baltimore, finish with 5 wins and an attitude that things can actually change.

It's damn nice to actually beat Pitt when they needed that win. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I feel long term the sooner we get rid of Taylor, Lou, and most especially Turner, the better off we will be. This win likely ensures ZT is back. Hopefully it does not save Turner. But credit where due, the gameplan was good, the D was good, and the OL pretty good.

Another win could mean Sewell goes before we pick. That would be a negative.

But any win vs Pittsburgh is sweet. And Juju getting popped was a sweet bonus.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:31 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Haters are always going to hate!

You remind me of those Ross fans who gloated after he had one good game in 3 years.

Taylor did a good job tonight. Best game he's put together. But, in the end, a championship is the goal, not an occasional win separated by a multitude of losses.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:08 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Like what's the point to little to late..I want sewell so that means losing than by all means lose out to ensure that..

Not sure we have a shot at Sewell at 3 anyway. If we end up winning another game and dropping a few spots I don’t think it will matter too much. We could get lucky and he falls to 3, but it’s not likely. There are 2 clear cut top prospects in the draft, they should go 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
I wanted to see them compete tonight and thats what they did. I honestly expected this to be a blowout and one of the nastiest loses in Bengals history. Instead we won and I feel that this can be a building block for the future.
No Burrow, Mixon, Williams, and Boyd on offense yet we still win. That's a good sign for a team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Stooler week, we won, nuff said.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
At this point, I would be hopeful that the front office at least fires Turner.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Since almost every team starts as a Nickel defense, I feel that Carl Lawson, Sam Hubbard, Josh Bynes and Mike Daniels all proved that they are part of what could be a very solid front 6. They play well with a lead.

I feel that I was correct in always respecting Geno Atkins pass rushing skills and also always criticizing his run defense. They are better at defending the run without him. Don't panic and draft a 2nd or 3rd round DT hoping to replace him because they already have replaced him in a sense. Expecting consistent pass rush from a DT is very rare(he was a 4th rounder), so look to improve elsewhere on the team to make up for it. Daniels and Reader could be a dangerous combo.

I feel that Vonn Bell made two very Shawn Williams type of plays(bad decision on the long 3rd down screen to Claypool, took wrong angle/lane on the Steelers longest running play) but his read on the Schuster fumble was a play that I've never seen from Williams. Williams may have made the play and stopped them on that third down, but I've watched every game of his NFL career and I've never seen him read a play like that.

I feel that Pratt gets a lot of snaps and disappears a lot because he covers the TE much better now and they don't throw his way very much anymore. Since they only play two LBs at a time in the Nickel, they are set at LB for years because the rookie depth is also good. Don't draft a 2nd day LB, let the rookies grow for a few years. Rex Burkhead got to grow to be a solid, dependable pro RB because they kept drafting 6th and 7th round RBs he could beat out. I still can't believe they chose Hill over Burkhead.

I feel the o-line has improved since the first day Spain stepped onto the field. Best RG since Zeitler.

I feel that the new backup QB had better study his ass off because Finley isn't going to last if he doesn't learn to slide.

I feel that Zac Taylor made NFL coaching decisions tonight. Maybe he's growing.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
You have to give props to Zac for calling one heck of a game. Finley missed a lot of throws, but the play calling put them in a position to move the ball and score. Nobody saw that Finley TD coming. Nobody even knew he had the ball until he was halfway in for the score.

This was a huge win for Zac. Maybe he can turn things around. He needs to keep learning and improving. He has shown glimpses of good play calling earlier in the year with Burrow. They have just been terribly inconsistent. The blocking up front has been terrible. If they can fix the offensive line they can be pretty good on offense.

Lou is really turning this defense around, in spite of all the injuries. Still would like to see a great pass rusher added, and for the corner play to improve. Having Reader healthy would obviously make a difference as well (Wayne’s too).

We were short handed with all the injuries against a great team. Have to give props to the coaching. I’ve been ripping on them quite a bit, but they seemingly saved their jobs tonight. Hope they continue to improve.

With Sewell likely drafted in the top 2, we could afford to win one or two more games. Not expecting us to, but I wouldn’t be upset to see them gain a bit of confidence.
Reply/Quote
I just want Zac Co. gone and the chance to get Sewell. If this win ends up making either of those come untrue, I would have rather taken the L. It's negative thinking, but I want success in the long term and Zac isn't it.

Funny stat I heard on WLW before the game. We were 6-1, I think, since 2004 when we wore the orange top and black pants (now 7-1). I'm not superstitious, but perhaps we should wear that combo more often.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:57 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I just want Zac Co. gone and the chance to get Sewell. If this win ends up making either of those come untrue, I would have rather taken the L. It's negative thinking, but I want success in the long term and Zac isn't it.

Funny stat I heard on WLW before the game. We were 6-1, I think, since 2004 when we wore the orange top and black pants (now 7-1). I'm not superstitious, but perhaps we should wear that combo more often.

It’s our best uniforms anyway after the color rush, imo. I wish they would wear them more.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:57 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I just want Zac Co. gone and the chance to get Sewell. If this win ends up making either of those come untrue, I would have rather taken the L. It's negative thinking, but I want success in the long term and Zac isn't it.

It’s my favorite uniform. I’d like to see them wear it as their base to be honest.

I’ve been pushing like hell for the coaching staff to be replaced, but they proved something tonight. I think Zac and Lou might just deserve another chance. The best case scenario would be them figuring things out. It’s a lot of work to restart from square one, especially with the pandemic.
Reply/Quote
I'm conflicted..... Love it, but for it to mean anything significant (like they finally learned how to win) it means they beat the Texans and lose Sewell. That isn't the best thing long term.
Reply/Quote
I root for the bengals every week then complain for the other 6 days. I am pumped...... I'll complain tomorrow but for now... PUMPED!!!

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s our best uniforms anyway after the color rush, imo. I wish they would wear them more.
I personally like our black on black, but orange and black is my second favorite. Still, has nothing on our 80's away unis. An 80's black on black home uniform would be amazing though.
(12-22-2020, 03:03 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: It’s my favorite uniform. I’d like to see them wear it as their base to be honest.

I’ve been pushing like hell for the coaching staff to be replaced, but they proved something tonight. I think Zac and Lou might just deserve another chance. The best case scenario would be them figuring things out. It’s a lot of work to restart from square one, especially with the pandemic.
To me it's like a broken clock. Our broken clock was right two times this day (season). Once against the Titans and tonight. That's not enough for me to give this coaching staff a second chance.
Reply/Quote
I am conflicted whether I should get invested again.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:13 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: I am conflicted whether I should get invested again.
Don't, it's bad for your health..

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Wo! I feel good, like I knew that I would,
So good, so good, ...

lyrics by James Brown and Ted Wright
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
I get to wear Bengals gear in public again.

Seriously, I'll be rockin an orange Burrow jersey all day tomorrow. I'll probably need to make 50 trips to the store. Given that this is Idaho, there are still alot of Steeler fans around here.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote